USA vs Canada!!! (NOT another hockey post!) - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: USA vs Canada!!! (NOT another hockey post!)
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:53 PM on j-body.org
You all forget the big difference between the RCMP and "Texas Rangers"......

Canada sold the rights to the uniform several years ago to Disney, and Walker Texas Ranger was created for tv.... So Canada is the biggest bunch of sellouts around......

And as far as the other comments floating around on this page, just wait a bit. Canada obviously does beer, weed, and chicks better than anyone..... And what Gam pointed out... I don't think there's an american who can touch Picton.

And how many wars have those "Texas Rangers" been in.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 5:30 AM on j-body.org
and we havn't even touched on the chesterfield, toque, or aero bars yet

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:41 AM on j-body.org
599: The RCMP retains all rights to the image and likenesses of the RCMP uniform... Ask Iron Maiden about the 40,000 tour posters they had to reprint for their Canadian tour a year or 2 ago.

The Disney thing was about 7-8 years ago, and ended when Disney tried to license back the rights to the red serge, stetson and riding pants to the RCMP while making a good amount of money off the sales of the Mickey and Goofy plushies @ Disney parks.

That kinda killed it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:22 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:
Also minted coins are REAL money, actual tender. Paper money is a debt., a promisary note, a promise to pay.. However you want to look at them, bills are borrowed into existance and bear interest even before they are ever spent. Coins on the other hand are backed up by themselves and therefore do not bear interest. It makes complete sense. If I had it my way, there'd be no paper money at all, only real money. That isn't realistic though, so I'll take what I can get. Of course the only really same currency is gold, but that gets a bit troublesome to carry.

PAX

Coins are not backed up be their own worth (they used to be but not any more) the material that makes up a coin is not worth what the face value of the coin.
JimmyZ wrote:1 Canadian dollar equals 300 american dollars, so don't freak out when it costs you a grand to fill up the tank

That would make Canadian money worth more than US Dollars. So the 1,000 Tank of Canadian gas would be $300,000 US.... I knew gas prices sucked in Canada but DAYM
! lol

._____________________________.
hostis humani generis - Causa latet vis est notissima
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-12-11 18:21:36. This ban will expire 2005-12-18 18:21:36 Pacific Time.

Reason: Your comment about Grim Raven's wife was completely uncalled for and way over the top.

My other car is a boat. Supermotors
Free FlatScreens, IT WORKS!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:25 AM on j-body.org
Grimor wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:1 Canadian dollar equals 300 american dollars, so don't freak out when it costs you a grand to fill up the tank
That would make Canadian money worth more than US Dollars. So the 1,000 Tank of Canadian gas would be $300,000 US.... I knew gas prices sucked in Canada but DAYM
! lol
I didn't write it, I just posted it. Still funny stuff even with the little inconsistencies.

And Shania Twain is still hot, Canadian or not

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, January 12, 2006 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Gam, I was merely pointing out the fact that for such a "National symbol" it's a pretty big sell out when you sell the rights to Disney so that they can make some cut-rate waste of film box office flop like Dudley Do-right..... Kinda takes the pride that any one of us should have in that uniform.

You don't see the US selling the rights to their National Symbols do you? The RCMP may have taken the rights to the uniform back, but they still sold it at one point. Which shows you that Canada will always bend to the whim of the almighty US.

Neal, you forgot to mention the igloo.... You did know the Candian Parliament buildings were made of ice right..... Oh, and any 10 year old can buy the right to build one for the low, low price of $10.

I love the US.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 11:16 AM on j-body.org
The RCMP (until a couple years ago) didn't have an intellectual property office. The copyright protection for the uniform and likenesses were contracted to Disney, there was no sale back... Michael Eisner tried to leverage the deal (by licensing back the image to the RCMP), and the deal was broken, IIRC.

The RCMP would not SELL the rights to anyone for the formal uniform.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 2:15 PM on j-body.org
Besides, I see "American" bald eagle with stars and stripes crap all over the place.. Tackier than velvet Elvis Vegas style.

It is actually against the law here to defame the flag. In the US the flag is used to sell everything from tires to bathroom cleansers. I'd call that a sell out..

PAX
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:12 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Besides, I see "American" bald eagle with stars and stripes crap all over the place.. Tackier than velvet Elvis Vegas style.

It is actually against the law here to defame the flag. In the US the flag is used to sell everything from tires to bathroom cleansers. I'd call that a sell out..

PAX
I'd say it's being secure enough in our countriality to let people make fun of it... wait.. that's not right.... Chaulk it up to freedom of speach

._____________________________.
hostis humani generis - Causa latet vis est notissima
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-12-11 18:21:36. This ban will expire 2005-12-18 18:21:36 Pacific Time.

Reason: Your comment about Grim Raven's wife was completely uncalled for and way over the top.

My other car is a boat. Supermotors
Free FlatScreens, IT WORKS!
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Countriality? Speach?

Looocie!!!! Joo got some 'splainin ta do!!!

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:40 PM on j-body.org
Grimor wrote:I'd say it's being secure enough in our countriality to let people make fun of it... wait.. that's not right.... Chaulk it up to freedom of speach

Glad to meet you, Mr. President...

(waits for the cacophony of groans to die down)

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Friday, January 13, 2006 2:32 AM on j-body.org
Jeebers.

Friday, January 13, 2006 6:38 PM on j-body.org
wait (tim horton's) coffee shop . and a hockey player move over dunken doooonuts some one asked if mounties have guns ...no sling shots and a every stricked voice (bush, dick chainy, dick nixion?) (beaver. loonies, and moose head beer?) still i love the beaver.. the canadian navy had sold the sea king helocopters cause they were crashing they sold them for $12,000,000can >>5 bucks us and the canadian army just bought new tanks for 12,000,000 can there called land kings........hmmmm

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Saturday, January 14, 2006 2:23 AM on j-body.org
^^^huh?

Saturday, January 14, 2006 3:37 AM on j-body.org
^^^ I'll see your huh? and raise you a

Saturday, January 14, 2006 6:12 AM on j-body.org

Sunday, January 15, 2006 5:20 AM on j-body.org
^^^ lol

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:55 AM on j-body.org
sorry took the "small bus" to school

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:54 AM on j-body.org
Nothing beats the Canadian dinner jacket, aka flannel.

I've even got a flannel shirt signed by the entire cast of the Red Green show.

Among the winners, there is no room for the weak
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:46 AM on j-body.org
Hey Gam, you forgot about CSIS and DND Dont give the RCMP all the credit now hehehe

JCO EAST
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:43 AM on j-body.org
Back In Black wrote:Nothing beats the Canadian dinner jacket, aka flannel.

I've even got a flannel shirt signed by the entire cast of the Red Green show.

That would be farqing cool--although i'd rather have an autographed roll of ductape.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search