paying people for goods or lent money - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
paying people for goods or lent money
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:46 PM on j-body.org
what's your philosophy on it?

in the case of lent money: do you pay them back immediately, or let it slide, hoping they'll forget?

in the case of paying for goods: if it's a friend, do you pay them immediately, or let it slide as long as possible?

what if the person's constantly saying they need the money...do you continue to ignore them? i'm just wondering what YOUR opinion is.

Re: paying people for goods or lent money
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:53 PM on j-body.org
another question: if you're the person expecting the money from someone else, which would you prefer? getting money when it's owed, or having people conveniently ignore you every time you bring it up?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 1:54 PM on j-body.org
real friends pay their debts.

"IF YOU PERSIST IN DOING WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE .....
EXPECT RESULTS NO DIFFERENT FROM WHAT YOU HAVE ALREADY ACHIEVED"

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:07 PM on j-body.org
one would think that, wouldn't one?

that's ok...i learned my lesson. don't sell anything to friends, don't loan money to friends...even when i am starving while they have a job, i still won't get the money i need.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:15 PM on j-body.org
lilbit01 wrote:one would think that, wouldn't one?

that's ok...i learned my lesson. don't sell anything to friends, don't loan money to friends...even when i am starving while they have a job, i still won't get the money i need.

im sorry to hear that you would think that when you do a friend a favor, they would return it..

i agree that real friends pay their debts......sadly enough, there are people in this world that will always put themselves first before others no matter what the situation is.

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 2:57 PM on j-body.org
Neither borrower, nor lender be.

If I owe someone, I pay back as soon as I can.

If someone owes me, I expect the same. I usually don't loan money out because I've been burned by people before... like $100, not a lot, but enough to make me a little gunshy about lending cash to other people. If they don't pay me back before I forget, I usually call it a gift so I don't get bent out of shape about it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 3:06 PM on j-body.org
I always pay it back ASAFP.

As for being the loan shark, the sicilian/italian in my blood makes sure that i get pain back either in money, bartered goods, or blood.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:03 PM on j-body.org
lilbit01 wrote:one would think that, wouldn't one?

Did you directly ask for your money back or are you being passive agressive?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 4:12 PM on j-body.org
have i ever been passive aggressive on this forum?

i'm not the sort to just let things slide.

i've bugged all three individuals...in two cases, i've gone to their significant others. i'm more than a bit frustrated, and quite sick of living on ramen. it would be nice to have a check from at least one of the three individuals in question, so i can guarantee my next meal.
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 5:57 PM on j-body.org
do you have paypal?

R.I.P. Kasey N. Burleson

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:01 PM on j-body.org
yes, i do...anyone with a credit card is capable of signing up for paypal.

the running excuse from each of them? they just can't afford it.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006 6:12 PM on j-body.org
I don't lend money, because it seems like when someone owes you money they avoid you. I've helped friends out with dinner or ride with them to fill their gas tank, but I make it clear this is a favor, and they owe me a favor in return. I'll never loan cash again.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:19 PM on j-body.org
its really how you look at it. usually i dont lend cash because it just turns into a big mess. small amounts i usually will but only to people that i trust. and i never borow cash because it seems like when you owe someone that there after you 24/7 untill they get it.

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/my2005cav/my%20car%20the%20bash.jpg
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 10:27 PM on j-body.org
My philosophy: It's a damn shame people even ask themselves these questions.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 3:30 AM on j-body.org
it really depends on who it is. My 2 roommates and I are best friends and we are pretty relaxed about our money. Just yesterday, we were discusing who owes what. We were all lost and confused. "you owe 27 for cable, but i borrowed 10 for pizza, and you owe 20 for the beer from the party, but just take that out of rent, and there was that 5 from the movies, just give me 200 for rent and we'll call it even"

but there are other friends that i ask if they can borrow a 5 for a pack of smokes, i will straight out tell them no

Promise that forever we will never get better at growing up and learning to lie

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:11 AM on j-body.org
The worst is when someone owes you money and eventually after them ignoring you for a while and you decide to ask for it they cop an attitude with you.....I hate that!

But hey.....as long as they owe you money......you'll never be broke! (j/k)
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:22 AM on j-body.org
for me it all depends who it is. i will never lend my one friend money because i know i'll never see it again. on the other hand i lent my friend 300 bucks one night because his mac card got canceled for some reason. he paid me back within 3 days. on the other hand i gave my sister 250 for her car payment and she told me it would be a few months before she gave it back to me but it that really doesnt matter to me since she is my sister

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 4:33 AM on j-body.org
Alexander Andrade wrote:The worst is when someone owes you money and eventually after them ignoring you for a while and you decide to ask for it they cop an attitude with you.....I hate that!

But hey.....as long as they owe you money......you'll never be broke! (j/k)

funny philosophy, Alex. right now, i'm facing this situation.

i'm just too damned nice. i let people go, because i figure they'd do the same for me if i were in this situation - but i would at least pay up as soon as i possibly could.

it's sad...in two of these situations, i had one opportunity each to go get the money, but i was sick(like in the bathroom sick all night), and couldn't get to them to get the money. now, it's as if those opportunities never existed. it's SO frustrating to me. i sit at home, to conserve gas, while they go galavanting wherever, buying whatever, and tell me "we can't afford to make our rent payment this month." WELL WHOSE PROBLEM IS THAT???

grr.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 6:31 AM on j-body.org
This is when you do a Nancy Kerrigan to them ! If I buy something from anyone I pay for it when I buy it OR I DONT GET IT !! Its that simple. I don't lend money cause I wont ask to borrow any. I feel that I support myself so why should I have to support someone
else ( other then my kids )

I know things are tight for you right now and I think its horrible that someone would take advantage of your friendship by not paying you what is owed. Anyone who was a true friend would see this and realize it and pay you your G D money. This is deffinently grounds for ending a friendship. Might I recomend Judge Judy.

Good Luck.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:08 AM on j-body.org
I don't lend people money, EVER.

I GIVE them money, and tell them, "You can pay it back if you like." That way, I never expect repayment, and I'm never disappointed.

This usually solves this problem in many ways...

1 - You would never GIVE money to someone when you need it or can't afford it. You'll never put yourself in a bad situation.

2 - You'd never give money to someone unless THEY really needed it. You're not going to give away a fifty bucks for someone to buy a new video game, but you might be persuaded if they needed to eat.

3 - When you tell someone they are getting gift money, they themselves relent! "No, I just need a loan". I hear this often, even if I tell them repayment is up to them. Makes them really think hard about whether they really need the money, because taking gift money is infinitely more guilt-loaded.

---

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:10 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:This is when you do a Nancy Kerrigan to them !

LOL! You want lilbit01 to get hit in the knees with a crowbar?

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:21 AM on j-body.org
lil: hit me up on e-mail/im if you want to discuss this...plus, i do want to catch up with you since being out of the country and telling you all that happened out there--just incase you and Scruff decide to have a honeymoon in Prague

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:29 AM on j-body.org
you never get on AIM anymore...and i deleted Yahoo, thanks to certain annoyances from our "past" giving me some trouble.

i'll email you, though.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:37 AM on j-body.org
I'm on it, i'm just always invisible to deal with certain "annoyances". that way, if i want to talk to someone, i will message them .

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:40 AM on j-body.org
well go check yr damn email already.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search