grammar - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
grammar
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 7:32 PM on j-body.org
Ok, first off i'm not the best grammar and spelling person in the world, but what the hell is this all coming to? i was reading a post in the performance forum, and holy crap, people these days cannot spell or use anything resembling grammar to save their lives.

example:

so i wus driving around the other day and i pull up to an srt 4. the thing sounded deeper than the borla my dad has on his 00 trans am. he reved it 2 and it sounded deep and throaty the whol way. wut can i do 2 da sunfire 2 get a deep sound lyk that?

Are people that dumb or do they think that poor english skills are cool?

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Re: grammar
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 8:24 PM on j-body.org
My vote is a little bit of column A plus a little bit from column B....

The 50-50-90 rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there's a 90% probability you'll get it wrong.
Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:03 PM on j-body.org
Your grammar sucks too.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006 10:13 PM on j-body.org
what the hell is "teh" and "prolly" haha

Thursday, January 12, 2006 3:33 AM on j-body.org
Did you gentlemen miss out on the Forum Decoder Ring special?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:18 AM on j-body.org
bliZsham wrote:Your grammar sucks too.

compared to half of the people on this site, my grammar and spelling is excellent, i don't use words like "lyk" "wut" "wut can i do 2 da sunfire"

im usually not too picky on spelling and grammar, it's the pot calling the kettle black, but when you can't read a post on the first try, something has to be said

Hail Satan

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:40 AM on j-body.org
lilbit01 wrote:Did you gentlemen miss out on the Forum Decoder Ring special?

@!#$ dave ran that special already? @!#$!

its because people are use to internet "slang" when they use any kind of messenger and it seems to carry over to the forums. i can understand a few missed words here and there, i mean everyone does it but half the time its garbage. people take no pride in education

1. it makes your post hard to read
2. it makes you look like a retard

Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:48 AM on j-body.org
Yes, dear...I'm sorry, but you missed it.

I grabbed a spare, in the event that I lost mine. I'd be willing to lease it to you, with the understanding that if I lose mine, the spare must be returned to me. Is that a reasonable deal?
Thursday, January 12, 2006 4:56 AM on j-body.org
It is cool to be uneducated sounding, duh. just like it is cool to be a killa, and a gangsta.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:45 AM on j-body.org
It's using a type of short hand... it used to be abbreviations, but now it's evolving into a mutation of english (unlike ebonics, which I'm not going to get into).

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:05 AM on j-body.org
Someone just needs to make them aware of the problem. when I first came here I was horrible ! Ask Gam he'll tell you. But after i was told how difficult it was to try and figure out what I was trying to get across I realized that how could i be taken seriously if I came across like a moron. I know Gam i still do right ? Well to you buddy !
people need to be shown they are making a mistake or they will continue to make them out of ignorance. It doesn't mean your stupid if you don't know something but when you find out and still don't try to fix it then you are.

Spelling Too. lilbit01 got on me for it and suggested I use spell check. I didn't even know there was a spell check ! But now I do and I use it. As for grammar check ?
Well lets just say the there, their, and they're still owns me big time ! and a few others but at least I can be understood and don't look like an idiot. Well at least not as big of one.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:07 AM on j-body.org
It's about damned time you typed legibly.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:43 AM on j-body.org
I hate it when they type one huge, 100-line paragraph without a trace of punctuation or capitalization. If this were my forum I'd ban fools for posting like that. For that matter, I'd ban those who responded to them!

---

Thursday, January 12, 2006 7:58 AM on j-body.org
I love you too lilbit

Thursday, January 12, 2006 8:37 AM on j-body.org
^^^^I see your paragraph and raise you the 100-line sentence.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, January 12, 2006 9:11 AM on j-body.org
go to the maintaince forum and look at the threads warriorspeed made. every one of this post have 600 ......, !!!!!! and ??????? after his sentences

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:14 PM on j-body.org
I took the "small bus" to school with a hockey hulmult can i be excluded??

Hooked on Ebonics!! coming to a ghetto near you

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 10:58 PM on j-body.org
Maybe its cuz no1 wants 2 type out all da words cuz they are lazy?

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:59 PM on j-body.org
"teh" = the .......it's a typo, the other stuff is just garbage.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:14 AM on j-body.org
teh i understand, its a mistake, i do it all the time, but da, liek, 2 instead of too, lyk, whol, wuz, those all drive me nuts. is it that hard to even try to use somewhat decent english?

Hail Satan

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 4:43 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Someone just needs to make them aware of the problem. when I first came here I was horrible ! Ask Gam he'll tell you. But after i was told how difficult it was to try and figure out what I was trying to get across I realized that how could i be taken seriously if I came across like a moron. I know Gam i still do right ? Well to you buddy !

No 1 cuold readyo tiping man, it was lyek al garbled an stuf.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:01 AM on j-body.org

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:23 AM on j-body.org
its cool to be an internet gansta yo

am I the only one that types out full words on an instand messenger. I think the only abbreviation I ever use on aim is lol, and thats the extent of it. People are so damn lazy anymore they cant even type out a full word. God help them if they try to type an essay for a class.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:33 AM on j-body.org
People may think the crap they are typijng is cool, but how cool is it to spend time composing something that nobody can understand.

Language skills are important. There is nothing in the universe more powerful than words and yet people mis-use them all the time. Kinda sad. We stand on the shoulders of giants only to act like pathetic monkies. Too bad.

"In the begining there was the word."

"It is not what goes in the mouth that defiles the man, but what comes out."

PAX
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:16 PM on j-body.org
Yeah I can't stand that either. The one that gets me the most is no punctuation. Five paragraphs with no periods, commas, exclamation points, question marks... nothing. Although the whole AOL-ease language that seems to be popping up makes it hard as heck to read too. My response usually is "write in English please".

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search