Immigrants, Not AMERICANS must adapt - Page 4 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Immigrants, Not AMERICANS must adapt
Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:36 PM on j-body.org
But GAMMY !! We LOVE you soooo much !!! Don't be like this when we're in public.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 6:40 PM on j-body.org
okay.. dude... you're scaring me a little.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:24 AM on j-body.org
okay so im lazy and didnt read it all, but i got the general jist
i am a firm believer in the quote
"Welcome to America, now speak ENGLISH!!!"
when americans go to outher countries we are expected to learn their language, that and they sometimes look down on us or treat us with no so much respect
now i'm not saying that we should do this to foreigners, but, this is OUR country not theirs, it is not our concern on whether or not they feel at home here, THIS IS OUR HOME
our goal should be to make AMERICANS feel at home, and if that means treating foreigners with less respect sobeit, if they want to feel at home, they should go home
and all these PC arseholes need to calm down, so what if we offend people, we have a freedom of speech, its not my fault my joke or comment offended you
what ever happened to THE LAND OF THE FREE????
america doesnt seem to be all that it can be anymore
but i still love it and its the only place i will ever live
"Where the Stars and Stripes and the Eagle Fly!!"

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:54 AM on j-body.org
GAM,

Liquid Fire, We're in agreement.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:56 AM on j-body.org
Liquidfire: why is it that in "The Land Of The Free" there are poll taxes to vote, and more people in jail than any other place on earth?

Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:24 AM on j-body.org
I have to agree with NJHK. and Keeper.

The south was French and Spanish till it was bought. I am not a US citizen but i moved here to have freedom. I am here the legal way. The legal way can be expensive.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:15 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Liquidfire: why is it that in "The Land Of The Free" there are poll taxes to vote, and more people in jail than any other place on earth?

Cause the damn liberals wont let us take them out back and shot em !

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:24 AM on j-body.org
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:"Welcome to America, now speak ENGLISH!!!"

what ever happened to THE LAND OF THE FREE????

Please explain to me how you can have both those statements in the same post.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:42 AM on j-body.org
^^^bingo...

and no, i remember it correctly as "Satan Made Flesh".

Again, language, here in the states, is not mandated by the government--just like religion. It's mandated by the locale.

That being said, i will not tell any immigrant they have to speak english. but, if they don't know enough english in a predominatly english-speaking area to do what they need to get by, then they need to do something to solve the problem, not the rest of us.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:44 AM on j-body.org
back in the early days of the country, the immigrants had to adapt to the way society was back then. all foreigners learned some english to get jobs and stuff. thats how they were to survive. i dont see why immigrants shouldnt be learning English in order to live here and survive. are you saying that everyone else should learn Spanish to accomodate others? That doesnt make any sense. the only reason other countries learn our language is because they will gain wealth if they do. America is a "superpower" and we are willing to throw money into anything. if you go on vaction anywhere in the world you will find people that spak English to accomodate Americans because we are a big contribution to their economy.

Now should you go out and yell "SPEAK ENGLISH" to every person that doesnt. Hell no you shouldnt, you dont have that right. but i think its the right of those who come here to learn some sort of English just to get by.

just because America is "The Land of the Free", doesnt mean you can do whatever you want. thats y people are in jail. if not there would be anarchy in the streets and it would look like Iraq, even though i guess you could make it the argument that it is the same. "Land of the Free" means this country gives you certain freedoms that you wouldnt have in other countries. in the birth of this nation, it was freedom from the king, the tyrant, who tells you what to do and think. present time that could be the freedom to be alive or to make a living. This is the only place that you can come to, start off with nothing but a dream, and end up a millionaire.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:10 AM on j-body.org
I think that most of the people who say "oh lets accept all immigrants whether they speak English or not" are the people who live in Iowa, Kentucky, and all those other boonie states. Try living in Southern California and you would understand the problem. I recently came down with Bronchitis and had to go to the doctor yesterday. Upon walking up to my doctor's office, there was a secretary there that knew absolutely NO ENGLISH. This puzzled me, so luckily someone in line behind me translated for me. Not a big inconvenience, nothing too big to complain about. And then you go to the waiting room. I do not go to a community hospital, I am not on welfare, but when my g/f and I (she went with me and drove me there) walked into the waiting room, you walk into a room FILLED with Hispanics giving you the "evil white boy" stare. They look at you like you dont belong there. And then most of them dont bother to take care of their kids so their kids are running around, crawling all over the seats, breathing into your ear.

It's ridiculous. All that BS from one day at the doctor. Imagine that @!#$ when you get a haircut. Imagine Mexican grocery stores that blast Mariachi music every month that you can hear for miles. Imagine them sitting on their asses collecting welfare, while I have to work my ass off and actually produce sweat to provide for them. Imagine how they get free healthcare if their child is born here, but I have to make an honest living in order to get healthcare. Imagine 30 illegal immigrants sitting outside of every Home Depot looking for some under the table work... they don't have to pay taxes.. whats to worry about?

I hope everybody feels safe in their little purebred states with no trouble or anything to worry about, but when you live close to the border, then you can understand a little more. If you live close to the border, and you dont feel the same anger I do, its either because you are Hispanic or you have alot of patience, in which I congratulate you.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:39 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Liquidfire: why is it that in "The Land Of The Free" there are poll taxes to vote, and more people in jail than any other place on earth?

thats my point, what happened to the land of the free??
it seems that america has more rules now than anyone else
there are too many PC and stuck up "lets make everyone happy and not offend anyone" people that are taking some of our freedoms away
how about airport security??
ruined by foreigners!
this is our country, not theirs, so why should we have to adapt? we shouldnt they should
if they cause problems, throw them the hell out!!!

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:54 AM on j-body.org
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:I think that most of the people who say "oh lets accept all immigrants whether they speak English or not" are the people who live in Iowa, Kentucky, and all those other boonie states. Try living in Southern California and you would understand the problem.

Again, the entire country of Canada is just as or even more ethnically diverse and I never hear people complain like you do. I'm pretty sure you won't classify Canada as a boonie state either...

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 11:56 AM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:I think that most of the people who say "oh lets accept all immigrants whether they speak English or not" are the people who live in Iowa, Kentucky, and all those other boonie states. Try living in Southern California and you would understand the problem.

Again, the entire country of Canada is just as or even more ethnically diverse and I never hear people complain like you do. I'm pretty sure you won't classify Canada as a boonie state either...

I guess when you have a whole other country blocking you from the Mexican Border you don't have many illegal immigrants that I am referring to.

I wouldn't classify Canada as any sort of state either.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 12:17 PM on j-body.org
MiKeDiRnTRuLeZ wrote:
I guess when you have a whole other country blocking you from the Mexican Border you don't have many illegal immigrants that I am referring to.

I wouldn't classify Canada as any sort of state either.

plus who would want to go to Canada anyway???

j/k guys

but hes right, there arent as many people tryin to get into canada as the US, so even tho you may be diverse, its not like some southern border states are
like go to Miami, its all puerto ricans and none of em speak english, like wtf mates

Thursday, January 05, 2006 3:26 PM on j-body.org
I vote we take all the white, black, asian and latino people and kick them all out.

Native Pride.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:35 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:

Cause the damn liberals wont let us take them out back and shot em !

Hey, why not give them weapons and make a Sport of it?

Mike: I wouldn't classify Canada as a state either

And as for the illegals problem, there's 2 ways of dealing with them (either strict and harsh enforcement, or legitimising them). I'm not going to pretend I know all about the issue, but, after reading a few books on the subject (a REALLY good one is called Reefer Madness by Eric Schlosser), you have to realise that they wouldn't cross the border if there weren't people willing to pay them for cheap labour. Socal's strawberry industry is dependant on labour from illegals, so much so that it's too much to mechanise the harvesting....

I'm not saying it isn't a bad situation, but I wonder what route you think is better? Crackdown or make them legit (and subject to taxes etc.)

Thursday, January 05, 2006 4:59 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (The JBO Negro) wrote:Ok, I was all down for what he was saying untill he went into "we speak english" rant and the "this country is a christian country".

First of all, this country was discovered by muderous people who took over what they wanted how they wanted to. I don't care what anyone says, columbus was either a murderer or a conspirator to murder.

Second, the whole we speak english crap...that's nothing more than ignorance. Do you think that every person who came to America from those other countries who were "searching for freedom of religion and persacution" were English speaking? Columbus...spoke Italian. The spanish were also heavily involved on the exploration of early America (before the name). Amerigo Vespuci...the man who we essential got our name rooted after...ITALIAN! Our country is rooted after an Italian man and we bitch that "we speak english".

The reason we speak english is because we had a strong influence from the British, plain and simple. Those influences carried onto our government, into society and into our books. For someone to say "this is America, we speak english only" is ignorant, plain and simple. Our countries history involves much more than the British.

Now the whole "America is Christian only" is crap as well. America is one huge melting pot, we weren't started by some guy who was Christian, spoke english and then all of a sudden 1990 rolls around and we are in an outbreak of people who speak different languages, follow different faiths and believe in certain cultures. It's classic "white america" who believes in the "Christian life is the only life", "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" and "Speak English or Get out!".

Now when I say classic white america, I'm not saying every white person in America believes in that...I use the word Classic because it's been whites of the past who believe in such statements. It's classic racists, sexists, hardcore religious & essentially hardcore patriots who believe in such a thing.

I love America but for different reasons. I love America because I am free to say what I want to say, do what I want and live in a society that I feel is just and safe enough for my well being. Being that I am a black man who owns his own vehicle, has sex with white women, has a mixed baby and works a very good wage is exceptional...ask someone who lives in Haiti or South Africa if they own their own vehicle or would date a white woman. There are some countries where you could be harmed for dating outside your race.

People should feel blessed to live in a country where we don't have riots everyday, genocide and we are not put down by our government.

My point is we should be more accepting to other cultures, not segregate them.

/end rant

Very nice, well said except it is flawed slightly.

Christopher Colombus did NOT discover America he discovered the Virgin Islands.

A man by the name of Amerigo Vespucci discovered america, hence the name. Also I believe he spoke portugese.

Also in recent times I believe the whole 'melting pot' theory has been tossed in favor of a salad bowl theory.

Other than that I agree with you.

Sorry if someone else mentioned this. I didnt read the whole thread.

Madjack wrote:Like I said before, building an engine like ours (2.2 or 2200) is a painstaking chore , since there is so few custom made parts. It's frustrating to me too, but that's what I like about doing this engine, it's the challenge.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 5:10 PM on j-body.org
GAM, NOW THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA !!!!!! That would be sooo cool. But I get Kevlar.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 10:16 PM on j-body.org
I went and lived in Brazil for 3 years. I took two months before i went and learned Portuguese. The first three months it was tough learning the small things but i did it. Because i was determined and i didn't expect others to cater to me.

So i cal BullS!!! to it bwing hard to learn another language i was fluent, could read and write good portuguese in 5 months. If you come here to live learn the language.

I work at a parts store and sell to alot of hispanics. They make no effort whatsoever 90% time to understand me even though Portuguese and Spanish are almost identical. I GO OUT OF MY WAY TO LEARN SPANISH TO HELP THEM AND THEY MAKE NO EFFORT BACK TO UNDERSTAND ME!!!!! They will laugh and call me silly gringo and other things and wait for our one hispanic employee to help them. THAT IS PURE HORSE you know what.

So to end my rant i have zero sympathy because i have gone the extra mile to leanr their language and help them and i am still laughed at and treated poorly. So move here LEARN ENGLISH or GTFO!

As an addendum: There are some who have been very polite and helpful. Where we work together to understand each other and they are striving to leanr english. They teach me spanish then i in turn teach them the english word. To them i say bravo and you can stay here illegally. There are these few that do exist and they are making the effort..

I don't need no stinking SIG. Wait this is one.
DOH!
Friday, January 06, 2006 11:18 AM on j-body.org
Okay, again, many of you seem to be forgetting the "locale" part...

Keep in mind, "locale" can be very limited, or broad. Further, it can be a lot lwess than a language barrier that can inhibit communications--it can be a dialect barrier.

This being said, do you think that ANYONE, including a WASP, could go into the Ozarks, not understand a lick of what anyoneis saying because of the heavy accent and dialect, and many them all speak "English?"

hell no!

Even if we fed into the "patriotic" pipedream of making everyone in america speak english...within about...3 generations or so--you'd have acents, then onto dialects, and whatnot. Language is a fluid thing and even though we all speak "english", there's a good chance many here save a few would be able to undertsand the english spokebn 500 years ago (and don't let the time you spent wathing "Robin Hood, prince of theives" blind you--Costner not only couldn't speak old/middle english, but he couldn't even speak with an english accent!).

My point: Locale and situation dominates what language is spoken--not some pseudo-patriotic bull@!#$. After all, the native people that Josh H. mentioned all descended form a more-or-less similar lineage, and look at how many different languages they spoke!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Friday, January 06, 2006 5:26 PM on j-body.org
nobody "discovered" america. there were already "people" here. why the @!#$ didnt you learn THEIR language?
Friday, January 06, 2006 5:52 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:GAM, NOW THAT IS AN AWESOME IDEA !!!!!! That would be sooo cool. But I get Kevlar.

Bullet proof jock only.

Monday, January 09, 2006 4:32 AM on j-body.org
jbody2nr wrote:A man by the name of Amerigo Vespucci discovered america, hence the name.
Just a slight correction. The man who "discovered" America was, Giovanni Caboto.

"Speak the truth, and leave immediately after"
"The urge to save Humanity is almost ALWAYS a false front for the urge to rule"
"He who knoweth things as they are and not as they are said or seem to be, he truly is wise, and is taught of God more than of men."
Saturday, January 14, 2006 11:35 PM on j-body.org
I'm also a lazy ass that didn't read completly the whole post, but there's something that got back in my head when I saw the title. A couple of months ago, there was people that were trying to convince the government to create a "second" justice system, to be judged following their religions (here in Canada)...... I'm sorry, but I can't stand that. You moved here then you will be treated like any other people in the same country or just get back from where you from. Some things that they consider normal in their countries is not tolerated here... When you see how women are treated in some countries, I really don't want to see them judged like they would normally.... When you travel somewhere else, you learn the rules and respect them, you won't start doing things and saying I'm canadian or american, I can do that...blablabla. I respect your rules, then respect mines...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search