Best (and worst) cell phone companies? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Best (and worst) cell phone companies?
Tuesday, January 10, 2006 9:37 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:@!#$ nextel and cingular when it comes to service.

If you want to talk about overall coverage, verizon is the best. Unlike cingular and nextel, verizon works in the small towns that dont appear on the map...

I don't know what you mean...I have cingular and on my 5 hour journey from Allentown to Indiana, PA I have service the whole way, EVEN IN TUNNELS.

And I'm sure most of you have never heard of Indiana, PA. Allentown you probably heard of, if not, oh well, it's north of Philly.

All in all, it's pretty damn good service.

And all companies will try to get more money out of anyone. With their texting plans, more minutes, internet service, etc.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 9:10 PM on j-body.org
Me and my buddy have Sprint/nextell, its only 60 bucks a month for each of us.
i love my i710^^

TURBO4DOOR

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:51 AM on j-body.org
I've had Tracfone now for almost 10 years. When I first started with them, I had an analog phone. Had a few dropout areas in the LA area. About 3 years ago, my daughters got me a new phone that was digital. I have moved to NM and driving back and forth from here to LA, I don't have any problems at all. I put an external passive antenna on my SUV and don't have any dropout areas on the trip. I only use the phone on trips and emergencies, so a prepaid phone is best for me. I usually average about $10 a month.
Before Tracfone, I had AT&T, before the merger, and that service sucked. Many dead spots in the LA area. Very expensive for just the basics. I was glad to get rid of them.

98 Z24

RIP Specks
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 3:00 AM on j-body.org
I have Verizon and I love it. I get signal every that other people I know dont, customer service is great. My parents had nextel and they got dropped calls in the house, voicemails not being recieved until days later, bad customer service, and didnt have signal anywhere.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:49 AM on j-body.org
All i have to say is Alltel rules all. 1000 whenever minutes, unlimited night and weekends,free long distance. Refund your dropped calls(which are very very few) Great service customer reps in stores and on the phone. And i only pay 39.99 a month.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:03 AM on j-body.org
started with cingular back in the day and hated them so i switched to sprint. Sprint was great no trouble at all service damn near everywhere i loved it.

At the end of that contract i went cell phone free for 6 months then went to AT&t since my step mother worked for them. At&t was almost as good as sprint then they became cingular and went to hell. They screwed up my bill and have no customer service at all and the service itself sucked.

So i got rid of them and went to nextel before the sprint merger and still have them now and no complaints at all i get service everywhere and have no trouble at all i love it .

In Loving Memory of Phil Martin December 14 2005
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 8:16 AM on j-body.org
Well my family has been with Alltel since 89 (they were under a different name back then but im not sure what it was) and we have never had any major problem with them. The only thing is that you have to watch your bill cause they will @!#$ you over for no reason...but all you have to do is call up there and they will change it immediately with no questions asked. Kinda makes me think that they do that on purpose to make money off people who dont pay attention. But other than that I have always had good customer service and all that good crap.

Later
David

I need photoshop...cause its time for a new sig
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 10:13 AM on j-body.org
Only been on verzion...working on my 5th year (and now 5th phone) with them. Havent had really any issues about my cell phone coverage, just my abuse on the physical phone.

No real issues on dropped calls, lack of service, yada yada yada......and only paying $90 for 3 different phones, tons of minutes, text, free nights/weekends.....all the perks...

My roommate on Nextel had dropped calls all the time in my apt, voicemail didnt wanna work right, and cust. service didnt do him a lot of favors either.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:03 PM on j-body.org
I have orginal Nextel and simply love it, however at times when your not in a city the coverage can be lackluster, but im always in the city, or close to it. The phones are superior in my opnion too, except for v3, we shoulda got that. Plus everyone here, has 2 way. Were rednecks and walkie talkies are fun.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:26 PM on j-body.org
I would love to take a spoon to the eyes to everyone at the Sprint Service Center. (The call in center) They have the rudest people. I guarentee that they wouldn't talk to my wife like they do over the phone in person! Constantly messing up things they claimed to have fixed the previous month. As soon as the contract is over, we are switching!

The only reason I stayed with Sprint for as long as I did was the good coverage and everyone in my family also had Sprint - free PCS to PCS calls. I'd rather pay a little extra then have to put up with them anymore.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:42 PM on j-body.org
Phranny19 wrote:All i have to say is Alltel rules all. 1000 whenever minutes, unlimited night and weekends,free long distance. Refund your dropped calls(which are very very few) Great service customer reps in stores and on the phone. And i only pay 39.99 a month.

oh yeah and i et unlimited mobile to mobile and i call my home number for free too

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:20 PM on j-body.org
i had att(now cingular), qwest, and now verizon

VERIZON > all the others.
When i go out with the buddies my phone gets used alot for the simple reason im rocking 4 bars, and there's are searching or so low on signal its useless.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search