WHAT DID YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR?? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: WHAT DID YOU GET PULLED OVER FOR??
Sunday, January 22, 2006 1:16 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I think some states require a sticker indicating the % of tint you have.. If not, it's a PITA to check for light transmission.

???? a sticker? thats ridiculous. and when ive gotten pulled over they just put this machine over the window and it gives a readout. take 2 seconds. thats how i know my windows are 12%

Sunday, January 22, 2006 3:00 AM on j-body.org
I was late for school one morning and I was driving down the frontage road, limit is 55mph. Came up to a line of about 7 cars and a slow azz semi. I passed them on a solid line and hit prolly about 95 while passing them. O, it was dark and raining too. The cop must have been in that line of cars, not sure. I never truly did figure out where he was. Got a reckless driving ticket, went to court, got a 175$ fine but i got deffered sentence so it went off my record in 5 days so my insurance didn't go up (luckily). Granted it was stupid and i deserved it and i wouldn't do it again cause I almost hit a car but i'm still not a fan of cops or tickets.

-Seth

Sunday, January 22, 2006 2:12 PM on j-body.org
Got pulled over for 47 in 45. He was really nice and cool and just told me it was still 45 and left.

Had a bad nite at work so i got on the freeway onramp and nailed it. Needless to say i was doing 88 when radar dector went off, slowed back down , and merged. Pulled me over. He asked. "So how much power does this car have?" I replied, "Enough" He smiled and asked if I knew why i was pulled over. I replied " Slight speeding?" He smiled again and said, i just wanted to let you know, your tail lite is out. You were doing 18 over the limit on the freeway, and it appeard to me you had intentions of going faster. But heres a ticket for that tail lite. I dont want to see a red grand am, going over 70 on my freeway again. Have a great day. He left.

So i drove home, looked at my tail lites, they worked. So i went to pay the ticket, and they had no records of me receving a ticket. Got super lucky on that one.

The 2nd time i got pulled over for my windows on my blazer, i handed him the slip i had gotten the first time. he smiled and asked me to take it off. I sold it a week later.

Nothing that bad.
Monday, January 23, 2006 2:57 AM on j-body.org
I got pulled over for doing 28 mph in a 25 mph zone. I had just barely crossed the school zone sign and hadn't slowed all the way down yet. He pulled me over, told me he was going to have to arrest me, I started crying because I've never been pulled over or in any type of trouble before. He started laughing and said, "Honey.. I'm just kidding, don't cry!"

He ended up giving me a warning. The ticket/fine I got was for no insurance. When your income is $500 a month.. your rent is $200, electrical $100, Gas $50, plus you're trying to drive 30 miles 1 way to work every day in a 1981 Chevy Malibu.. somethings gotta give. It was the insurance. I ended up not paying that ticket for 3 or 4 years. I actually had a warrrant and was terrified to go pay it. I finally paid it after I called and asked if I would get arrested if I came to pay it.

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:17 PM on j-body.org
i got pulled over for no insurance 2 (last night)and then the cop came back to my window and then i asked a simple question about how far they can follow me and the cop said that I never heard a law like that and i was like nvm then and the cop though i was getting lippie with him so the cop said get out of my car and he says im going to inpounded your car for not having insurance and soon as me and my gf got out of my car the cops started to open my trunk without asking me to look and i was like what the @!#$ going on in my mind and soon as my car was inpounded i called up my dad and told him to come and pick me and my gf up. so now today i got insurance on my car.

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Monday, January 23, 2006 1:31 PM on j-body.org
t r wrote:i got pulled over for no insurance 2 (last night)and then the cop came back to my window and then i asked a simple question about how far they can follow me and the cop said that I never heard a law like that and i was like nvm then and the cop though i was getting lippie with him so the cop said get out of my car and he says im going to inpounded your car for not having insurance and soon as me and my gf got out of my car the cops started to open my trunk without asking me to look and i was like what the @!#$ going on in my mind and soon as my car was inpounded i called up my dad and told him to come and pick me and my gf up. so now today i got insurance on my car.

The lessons here:
1. Always have insurance.
2. Don't get "lippie" with cops.
3. Always pay attention in grammer class.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, January 23, 2006 3:25 PM on j-body.org
dude i wasnt even getting lippie with the cop bc the cop thought i was getting lippie but i wasnt its just how i talk and ppl take it in a different way.

Opening Soon Kustom J's

Thursday, February 09, 2006 12:34 PM on j-body.org
Once for going 130 in a 70 zone. Caught me at 123 but I was going 130 and I slowed down when I saw him. He wrote 94 instead of 123 and it cost me 138$

Once for going 70 in a 50 zone. I just didn't look at my speed and I knew I was over the limit. cost me 48$.

Twice for "loud" exhaust. No decibel test or anything. First time was a 72hours warning(I had to fix it, I didn't of course)

The second I went to court, I didn't say 1 word and it didn't cost me a thing. Except a few hours of work (witch were worth it since it took 15min in court and I've spent the rest of the time with my G/F) and a few bucks of gas. Still cheaper than the ticket.

I've been pulled over after stopping in front of a house. The woman was stupid and call the cops because I stop in front of her house and she said that I trespass on her land. 3 cops car, 3 cops and 45minutes for nothing.

Got pulled over for threspassing on Goodyear property(I was hunting and they heard me shooting).

that's what I got.

Gilles
2.3 Ho

Thursday, February 09, 2006 1:41 PM on j-body.org
I got pulled over in Palos for "going 65 in a 45" when it was total bulls*it. I looked at my speedometer before the lights came on and i was going 48mph. I got a ticket for that, and alas, one of the only days I didn't have my insurance card on me. I got out of those, no issues.

Then in my 05, I've only gotten pulled over onve, and it was my fault. This truck was annoying me on I-294 and was going slow near the off ramps that I needed to get on. So i decided to downshift and gun it to get past him and didn't realize that there was a Trooper doing radar nearby. Got caught at 79mph, lol,. As soon as I jump on my offramp, BAM, cop lights. The guy was complimenting my car more then bitching, lol. He said the only reason I got the ticket was cause it was memorial Day weekend coming up and that they are required to not let anyone off.
Friday, February 10, 2006 12:34 PM on j-body.org
i cant remember all the times i got nailed but here are some of the best/worst

Drinkin at a friends house in York, decided to go to Dennys at lke 1 am. Drivin along doing the speed limit and there are light behind me. We're all like wtf? Cuz i wasnt speeding or swerving or anything. Cop asks me "do you know why i pulled oyu over', "i'm like no sir"
he says "because you have yellow headlights, i was on my way to dinner and i had to pull you over"
at this point i'm like wtf this is BS, cuz i check PA laws and it says white or yellow/amber non neon for the front of the vehicle
anyway he asks if i've been drinkin, i say yes, 2 beers (more like 7 only 5 mins ago, but w/e)
so i have to get out, and i blow a .09 (limit is .08) wtf!
friend in pass seat is 21 and drunk, friend in back is 20 and blew a .05
so the cop says do you have anyone who can drive you home, but none of us had our phones with us, so my friend asks the cop if he can take us home and he said ok (i love that girl, she can talk her way outta anything)
so he goes to move my car, mofo cant drive stick!! parks it in neutral with no brake!
so the 3 of us are in the back of the cruiser and the girl that got us out of it goes "you guys ever seen super troopers, the snooze berries taste like snooze berries" and i'm like great now were gettitn arrested
turns out he was too lazy to write both a DUI and an underage sop he let us go
but when i asked him why the lights were "illegal" he told me they jsut are and gave me a fix it ticket

doin like 95 in a 35 (i know its bad but it was 2am and there was no one around, or so i thought)
out of nowhere i see an SUV pullin on me, so i punch it then the lights come on
so i pull over right away and he asks if i knew how fast i was goin
and i said "no sir, i was too afraid to look"
he rolls his eyes then asks "is there any reason you have yellow headlights"
and my exact response was "cuz they match the color scheme of my car"
well this pissed him off
so i got a $175 for disobeying traffic control (since he couldnt use radar on a back road)
and $75 for illegal equipment

needless to say i no longer have the yellow lights in, but they're comin back soon

Friday, February 10, 2006 1:08 PM on j-body.org
TICKETS:
-Running a stop sign - Stop sign was on the ground. Cop didn't buy it because the yellow "stop sign coming up" warning sign was still intact. took a picture of the stop sign, and the Courts said the same thing... I should have know the stop sign was there - $125
-Failure to control the speed to avoid an accident. - dude made a turn and stopped. I hit him. the guy told the cop the accident was his fault, but I still got the ticket - $250'ish

WARNINGS
3 Neons
1 Exhaust - Had an open header while I was going to the exhaust shop to have my cat back made and installed
1 red light - hydroplanes into the intersection cop let me go
2 exhibition of speed
-- First was after knee surgery and I milked the clutch too much and had a nice little burn out
--Second was WHILE ON A TEST DRIVE! It was in a Vibe GT, cop let us go after the salesman did some fancy talking
1 speeding - 80 in a 65 - Hey i was late for work!
Photo Radar - 55 in a 40 - Camera was just installed and I forgot it was there

REPAIR ORDERS
Burned out licence Plate bulb - Cop was digging for other things to nail me on too, but couldn't find anything. Then after he gave up and gave me the repair order said that "us ricer kids need to grow up and leave our cars alone."

GENERAL BS
HOV Violation - Cop didn't see my G/F asleep in the car with her seat all the way back
DUI Check point - I WAS the DD, but because they could smell beer in the car I had to do the breatherlizer and field sobriety test... did manage to get a phone number from a girl that the cops were also checking at the same time though

Friday, February 10, 2006 5:26 PM on j-body.org
Lets see....

Speeding multiple times
Cops thought I stole a car
Rolling a stop sign a few times
Running a red light
Loud exhaust
Illegal neons on my bike
Excessive speeding while passing a van in a no passing zone while going up a hill and around a corner to get away from the cop behind me on my bike. (I got away but they caught up with me later) Got a 3 month suspension for that one.

As much as I hated getting caught, the last one probably saved my life. It slowed me down a lot. If I hadn't been caught then I'd have probably wrapped my bike around a tree.

You can't outrun the radio.
Friday, February 10, 2006 5:57 PM on j-body.org
In order (these are all seperate stops and x* denotes multiple seperate stops) since 1999:

*43 in a school zone (on a Saturday, during the summer) -- ticket
*54 in a 35 -- ticket
*48 in a 25 -- ticket
*72 in a 55 -- ticket
*72 in a 70 ($71 ticket )
*No front license plate -- Fix-it ticket
*84 in a 60 -- ticket
*No front license plate x3 -- Warning
*Illegal auxillary lights -- Warning
*No reflectivity from license plate -- Fix it ticket
*Noise violation (stereo)x2 -- Warning
*No front license plate x6 -- 2 fix-its and the rest nothing
*Suspected for DUI -- field sobriety test and all (passed it, wasn't drunk, hadn't even been drinking)
*72 in a 60 and illegal aux lights. Warning for speed. I got off on the aux lights when I offered to take them apart to show they were legal.

and again today for no front plate.

I smeared a cat one day on my way home from work and, well, I don't have much of a front plate left. Fortunately, I kept it on the back seat for the longest time (until a couple months ago when I finally got rid of it).

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:29 PM on j-body.org
1 verbal warning for speeding in a 35 zone (he didn't tell me how fast I was going, I'm guessing around 45 though.)

Friday, February 10, 2006 8:54 PM on j-body.org
3 times for speeding, 1 warning for my exhaust

Saturday, February 11, 2006 3:30 PM on j-body.org
SmoothCavi (The Good Brendan) wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I think some states require a sticker indicating the % of tint you have.. If not, it's a PITA to check for light transmission.

???? a sticker? thats ridiculous. and when ive gotten pulled over they just put this machine over the window and it gives a readout. take 2 seconds. thats how i know my windows are 12%

It's not that rediculous if it's from the manufacturer. And the portable transmissive meters usually flake out on mirrored tint, or on the front windshields of some of the older Lincolns that had the gold reflective layer in the windshield.

The portable ones are fine for in the field, but if you fight it by asking for the unit's last calibration logs and certificates from the manufacturer (they're like Radar Guns, that's the FIRST thing you ask for in every case), I'll bet dollars to donuts that it'll get tossed. Unless it's brand new out of the box at the beginning of that shift, you'll likely get that to slide.

The Manufacturer's (or installer's I think) sticker is a good idea because it'll hold the shop that installs it accountable for putting the correct rating on there. It's a door jamb sticker... it's not the end of the world.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006 12:12 PM on j-body.org
Here's a good one.

One night I come home from a friends house out of town. We had been drinking but not enough to where I didn't know what I was doing. So I get into town and decided to take main street. At this point in time I still had my green blinkers in. So as i'm just getting off of main street I see in my rear view mirror a car pull a u-ey. So, I figure it was for me so I take off. I hang a right into our Hy-Vee parking lot. Go down an alley, turn left and I thought (THOUGHT) I was in the clear. I was all happy and excited to have lost the cop. But then, I see lights in my mirror and the chirp that they do. I stop. The cop come up to me and I have my window down, seat belt on, and looking for insurance. He asks me, "Were you trying to avoid me?" I said No. He asks me one more time, "Were you trying to avoid me?" I said well yeah.

He asks me what I was doing. I told him I had just got back into town from a friends house because he had just gotten back for college to start again. So then he asks where I was headed. I told him to my friend Adams. Adam lives on the other side of the river that goes through my town. I wasn't even near there. He asks me where he lives and I told him that he lives over by Mel's. The cop knew what I was talking about and says to me, "But that is on the other side of the river." I go, yeah, but i'm just taking the scenic route.

About this time he went back to his car and now more than like 2 seconds later he comes back and gave my my license and registration back and says I have another call. He gave me a verbal and was on his way.

Friday, February 17, 2006 12:30 PM on j-body.org
I guess i'll go in order...

My first was a warning in my neon...my buddy was late for work so i was rushing and at the time i was painting my dash (back in my ricer days) and i had no dash cover, just my guages. He asked me if my guages work, i said yes and explained my buddy was late for work and i was in a hurry, he let me off.

Second time wasnt so lucky, i was goin 54.4 in a 35 on a road that led to the grocery store i worked at. I always got heat from the night crew so i was showing them what the big bad cav was made of. Cop was sitting with no lights on at all behind the bank where i couldnt see him unless i turned my head 90 degrees to look out my drivers side window. I pulled up in front of them, still not knowing that he was coming after me, and i did a burnout on the paint markings so it was nice and loud. I pulled up, turned my car off and was out of my car walking away when the cop pulled up. I prolly could have fought it since i believe you must have parking lights or interior lights on when you are sitting if you are a cop, and i was already out of the car, but in order for me to fight it i had to pay the full 2XX dollar fine and on minimum wage that wasnt happenin.

Third was right on the street i live on, 55 in a 25...damn near double. There is no reason for the road to be a 25 because main street is 35 but whatever, he got me. I had actually just put on my high flow cat and was testing it out. He must have been sitting like 1/10th of a mile from where i pulled out cause i got up to 70 before i let off. Then not seeing him behind me i nail it pulling into traffic cause its hard to make a left turn there and when he asked why i was speeding i said i was having tranny problems and thats why my car burnt out....still got the fine.

Fourth was what caused my suspension.....i was driving in a group of 4 cars. Minivan in front with a car full of kids, me second, and 2 cars behind me. We were doing 45 in a 35....ALL OF US. A cop pulls out, and turns his lights on the car in back pulls over and he drives around, the next pulls over, he goes around, so i pull over and he pulls in behind me. So by now im pissed, my red car has singled me out with this dickhead so when he got to my car i was already pissed and mouthy. He asks "do you know how fast you were going back there?" I replied "I would have to assume as fast as the minivan and the 2 cars behind me so 45." He said "Well the speed limit is 35 so im going to have to give you a ticket." I replied "Do what you think is right." And he walked away. When he comes back to the car to hand me my ticket i ask him before he walks away "Was i really going faster than the other 4 cars in that group?" He turned and walked to his car. Once again i didnt have the money to pay for the ticket up front so i couldnt fight it.

After my two 20 day suspensions i got my licence back.

Then i had my GF up here for the first time and i was showing her where the local hangout are and i get pulled over. It confused me because i wasnt doing anything to my knowledge. He gave me a fixit fine for that and gave me the heads up. He told me that other cops in his station were out cracking down on people "cruising the circuit" which was a set of streets that made a loop in town. He said he could care less cause he was just like me in high school but the other guys werent as leniant and if they saw you 3 times or more i would get socked with a $1000 fine. I was like damn thats more than street racing. He said well they believe that the cruising leads to racing and since "cruising the circuit" isnt really a listed ticket they make whatever fine they want. One of the coolest cops i met. He ended up turning off his lights and we got out of the car and were chatting about what i had done to my car and what he had done to his challenger.

One of my worst was about a month ago on the way home from my GFs house in NC. I was doin about 100 in a 65 coming up interstate 85. Saw the cop and got it down to 90 before he clocked me. Gave me a ticket for 85 which was just on the edge of wreckless driving and game me a court summons, not a ticket. They gave me a court date for a court that was 5 hours from my house for 9am on a Tuesday morning. I called and said i wasnt coming and they said then you plead guilty....i was like can i change the court date, they said no. I told the lady to tell dinwiddie police dept to go pound sand and i'll pay the fine when i feel like it. I have a 346 dollar fine chillin in Virginia and i'll pay it sometime within the next 10 years.

Most recent i got pulled over for expires inspection and emissions. Heres the catch, they have been expired since 11/05, got off with a fixit fine.

2007 GM Tuner Bash...HELL YEA
PA,MD,NJ,DE,NY and all states north caravan
Monday, February 20, 2006 7:36 AM on j-body.org
some of you shouldn't be driving IMO, no insurance, over 100MPH, excessive speeding ETC... and you wonder why cops are so hard on some of us.

Anywho.

The 2 times in my life I was pulled over was when I had my 89' Bonneville.
70 in a 65 and 55 in a 35(it had just dropped).

Cops don't even pat attention to my sunfire. We all know girls cars are slow .

-Chris

Monday, February 20, 2006 9:03 AM on j-body.org
i was pulled over last year for neon lights and the officer followed me for about a good 3 miles around town
so he stalked me
he followed me to my gf's work and pulled me over in their parking lot at wendy's
embarrassment
and then i got out of my car and went to his window
lol
wrong move i think i pissed him off
then he said you left your neon lights on
i said oh i guess i did
and he said you have had them on since the cemetary on High st.
oops srry officer thats my bad ill turn them off
he said i would like to see your license and registration and proof of insurance
so i gave it to him
and he said now im gona need you to get under your car and give me the wiring
i said
so i got under my car and pulled the wires
gave them to him and he said now have a nice night
that was a load of

Sunday, February 26, 2006 6:47 PM on j-body.org
Wow, there's a lot of misinformation floating around about what law enforcement can and cannot do.

#1 Police officers can't "hide" with their lights off (i.e. you must be able to see them).
-I don't care who you are...that's hillarious. Why should law enforcement be visible? So you can see them and try to hide your infraction? Most uneducated people would try to claim entrapment, but how did that officer coerce you to do something that you wouldn't normally do?

#2 There's some preset limit to how far a police officer can "follow" you.
-Another laughable misconception. You can be followed however far the officer feels like following you. How else would a DWI driving case be put together?

99% of law enforcement personnel are "average Joe's." They did the same things that you are doing as they grew up. The difference is that they now see the danger in excessive speeds, careless driving, etc.

Give cops a break, there's no sense in mouthing law enforcement...what will that help? Pissing someone off that can potentially levy fines and/or take your freedom. Where's the sense in that?

-----------------------------------------------------------
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the crickets no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is a shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006 3:05 PM on j-body.org
When the cop asks: do you know why i pulled you over? NEVER say: yeah cause it was to hard to run with a donut in your mouth.. that one will get you pulled out of the car still wearing your seat belt!!!! His bad day turned into mine!

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/4235/jim25ek.jpg
Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:20 PM on j-body.org
so far three times:
1) "speeding" going 64 in a 55 at 11:30 on thanksgiving night 2004 driving my gf home.
2)Got pulled for and i quote "gittin on it a little bit" he talked about my car, chatted about my choice in gauges in my pillar pod. Went on my way. I have since ran into him several more times and have now come into his "good graces"
3) Cop pulls me and says i "match the description of a suspect" i simply ask him to follow me 1 mile back to my work and show him the employee punch print out and schedule, he leaves and suprisingly APOLOGIZES!!!!

Wednesday, March 01, 2006 11:29 AM on j-body.org
three speeding:

83 in a 55
80 in a 65
55 in a 35

the last two were from the same state trooper (who has been a strate trooper for about 6 months at the time) in different counties. Ended up getting my license suspended for 3 months.
Wednesday, March 01, 2006 2:05 PM on j-body.org
Pulled over twice, both for supposed speeding.

My theories - 1st one because he saw a young kid driving a loud car.

2nd because he saw me driving a $50,000 SUV.

I honestly wasn't speeding at all. Got out of both of them.

Was pulled over with my friend in his GTI for rolling through a stop sign. Have it all on video too. He was lucky he didn't get anything...he was driving without a license at the time too cause he never got it reissued when he went to college.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search