I "had" a good day... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: I
Monday, April 03, 2006 6:07 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
IamRascal wrote:
Wicked1 wrote:America has its good points and it's bad. So far the bad isn't enough for me to leave the country! I suggested getting a carry permit and a hand gun to my supervisor and I could tell she didn't like the idea

K so its on to plan B, tazzers that shoot from the ceiling.

Or C flamethrowers on the floor

All kidding aside glad to know your OK. The majority of the perps get busted, and its always best to follow their rules and let them have the money. No amount of money is worth anyones life.

Tazers are Branded incapacitation weapons that are for law enforcement use only. Private individuals can't get them... The best that can be had is a stun-gun, but that's not a good idea if you don't know how to use them, and most people don't.

http://www.taser.com/self_defense/index.htm tasers can be owned by anyone. they are a corporation with stock holders to answer to. they will sell anything to anyone without a major criminal record atleast in the us.

Monday, April 03, 2006 6:17 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Not in Canada. Stun weapons are not legal for use because they have no sporting purposes. If you wanted to own a handgun for protection purposes, you'd be denied on the spot. It's the reason more long-rifles are sold than any other weapon. Only cops and collectors can have pistols, and, only street/riot police can have stun weapons.

If you get caught with either, it's going to lead to confiscation and fairly heavy fines (about $3500 per illegal weapon found on your person, in your vehicle, home or business), but could lead to a ban on all powder/explosive/energy weapons, and violating that ban means jail.

I know that Taser makes a branded personal defence weapon, but it's not legal in Canada or in the UK that I know of.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, April 03, 2006 7:47 PM on j-body.org
so, what can you use in canada for personal defense outside of your home? i can't imagine everyone walking around with shotguns, and I know for a fact that police are always 10 seconds too late, not their fault but they can't be everywhere at once. i can't stand it when a nation takes away a persons right to life by denying them a means to protect themselves

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Monday, April 03, 2006 8:36 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:so, what can you use in canada for personal defense outside of your home? i can't imagine everyone walking around with shotguns, and I know for a fact that police are always 10 seconds too late, not their fault but they can't be everywhere at once. i can't stand it when a nation takes away a persons right to life by denying them a means to protect themselves

A bow and arrow.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 4:09 AM on j-body.org
YES!!!!! can you use flaming exploding tips like rambo?? that would be sweet

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, April 04, 2006 8:45 AM on j-body.org
Well, let's look at it this way:
If a well-armed society was a polite society, you'd see a lot less crime in Texas.

The red-tape to get a weapon for personal defence is monumental (from what I've read, you have to basically be either a security guard, Commissionaire or body guard and basically you need to get a writ of habeas corpus so you can actually arrest and charge a person), and unless you're duely licensed to own restricted weapons (like most pistols), you can't own a hand-gun for protection. Sporting/collecting purposes is a little more open.

Keep in mind, a lot of people go around the red-tape, and buy a pistol or whatever either on an Indian Reserve, or off the black market, but at that point, you have to ask yourself why you're getting a pistol in the first place.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 5:20 AM on j-body.org
i've always liked the yellow circles on THE FIFTH ELEMENT with the two little chain guns that drop from the ceiling and auto aim towards the combantant. IF he dosen't apply both hand to the yellow circles..BOOM fresh shreded meat

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 6:56 PM on j-body.org
At my CU, tellers are behind bullit proof glass and the whole plce can be locked down in no time. I feel extremly safe there.

I workd at a CU in the federal center in battle creek MI, and liked the teller work. For some reason i felt as though we would never be robbed, being a federal building and all. To get in a id was a must, and to work there back ground checks. those were the days...

at least your ok. all your cu's money is insured*hopefully* It woudl suck to try and shoot the basterd and have it ricashay and hit your leg or something and then have the bad guy get away.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search