Qeustion about Katrina Relief - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Qeustion about Katrina Relief
Friday, February 24, 2006 3:36 PM on j-body.org
Yes we know the governement failed but that not my question.

FEMA is giving people trailers to live in for housing aid, not every one but that sone of the solutions. In addition to the "tent cities" that still exist

I am the only one who see a big problem in about 3 months? What do we know happens to trailers in wind storms? What would happen to a trailer or tent with hurricane winds?

Somebody didn't think this out clearly!

Re: Qeustion about Katrina Relief
Friday, February 24, 2006 3:42 PM on j-body.org
I think that it's meant to get the people sheltered immediately. I'm no expert, but I'd think that there are enough buildings that were left uninhabitable after lake poncetrain spilled the levvies, that they can't shelter the people in those buildings. The downside is that people are going to be left there until more permanent housing can be found or built.

The idea is to not displace people that want to stay if it can be at all helped, but I don't think that's going to be a viable option for the long term.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 24, 2006 3:52 PM on j-body.org
well actually the facts are this. through my job I know a guy who is doign work in NO.

there are TONS of trailers sitting with NO ONE IN THEM! NO ONE! TONS OF THEM.

while there are tons of people on the street in tents. why?

beaurocracy

the same reason why while it was all actually going on aid did not happen the way it should have.

its disgusting.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Friday, February 24, 2006 4:13 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

well actually the facts are this. through my job I know a guy who is doign work in NO.

there are TONS of trailers sitting with NO ONE IN THEM! NO ONE! TONS OF THEM.

while there are tons of people on the street in tents. why?

Not to stand up for our crappy aid but you can't just pull a trailer into a feild and say here you go! You have to have hookups, plans, infrastructure, etc.

Yes they are empty and yes they have had plently of time to at least start this.

my point is say they give the trailers out, what happens in April when hurricane season starts. What if LO gets hit a gain and people are living in trailers, guess what no more trailer!
Friday, February 24, 2006 4:18 PM on j-body.org
yes u need plans.

how long has it been since katrina?

where are they.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:06 PM on j-body.org
it's our candyass governor's fault for not letting the president federalize. she didn't want to look like she couldn't handle the problems of the state.

i was like, "b1tch! it's a class 300 hurricane! get the hell out!"

and those FEMA trailers, you get to keep them.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:yes u need plans.

how long has it been since katrina?

where are they.

Long enough to find a new job and a place to live, IF you were actually inclined to do something for yourself instead of letting the government take care of you.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:39 PM on j-body.org
^ how do u get to another town to find a job when:

u have no money no car no clothes no nothing

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:43 PM on j-body.org
KevinP (The IOU One IDB) wrote:it's our candyass governor's fault for not letting the president federalize. she didn't want to look like she couldn't handle the problems of the state.

this is the thing that I think a lot of people either don't know or are failing to realize. in the LA constitution, it says that the state of LA is primarily responsible for any and all disaster recovery. after ALL means are exhausted, then the governor has to put in a FEDERAL REQUEST for aid from the feds. none of that happened. and the state is still doing a half-assed job of taking care of the residents of N.O.
personally, I'd learn to run electrical and plumbing real quick to get me and my family a trailer.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:17 PM on j-body.org
yes, but the thing is, Bush approached her and asked her if she needed help, he would help. this being the federal request.

She turned him away. No state government can supercede the fed government. Bush could have federalized a military operation for humanitarian relief for 45 days. But Kathleen wouldn't let him help. could be different parties, could be she's an assclown. either way, she's not getting reelected.

Friday, March 10, 2006 2:38 PM on j-body.org
KevinP (The IOU One IDB) wrote:it's our candyass governor's fault for not letting the president federalize. she didn't want to look like she couldn't handle the problems of the state.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

and you didnt give the same advice tio the civlians in bagdad before you choose to blow them to kingdom come.

paybacks are a BITCH, arent they?

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.

Friday, March 10, 2006 3:03 PM on j-body.org
Hurricane Katrina was Mother Nature's way of saying "I'm Rick James, Bitch!" to the People of America.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, March 10, 2006 5:19 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
and you didnt give the same advice tio the civlians in bagdad before you choose to blow them to kingdom come.

paybacks are a BITCH, arent they?

WTF does that have to do with anything? you sir, are an assclown.

but since you bring it up... i was simply doing my job.

kathleen should have done her job and had the state federalized and evacuated.

sadaam should have done his job and told his citizens to get out of dodge.

so far, I am the only one who did their job.

ass.

Saturday, March 11, 2006 1:18 AM on j-body.org
and also now that i think about it.

kathleen knew that the hurricane was coming at least four days before it hit. on the thursday before landfall, all the computer models pointed at where katrina was going to land. she knew that a class 5 was on the way. why didn't she do her job? yes, the National Guard was spooled up. The Air National Guard, and the Army National Guard who were on R/R and LEAVE because they just returned from deployment. They got up and did their jobs. Now, the state has an insignificant amount of military power in the Army and Air Force National Guards; as compared to the federal gov's amount of military power at Keesler, Biloxi, MS who was also riding out the storm. There would have been no help from Keesler AFB. There might not have even been any help available from Barksdale AFB in Shreveport. But FOUR DAYS before the hurricane made landfall, the city of new orleans could have turned to channel 4 weather and seen that it was going to hit them. Four days is plenty of time to realize that, "My State Militia won't be able to handle this. Not the entire city. (and vast outlying areas, Port Sulfur, Port Fouchon) I am going to need help."

Kathleen Blanco was too proud to ask the president for help. Period. There would be less strain on relief, less death, less missing persons, if 4 days out Kathleen had said go.

Now, in another 90 days, Hurrican season starts again. Guess what, some Air National Guard troops are JUST getting off orders for Katrina. This season is supposed to be a bad one again, satellite images are showing heat signatures in the gulf that lead directly to certain hotspots that are in danger of a hurricane. Now what? Strain the Army Guard Batallion who most likely just started their R/R and Leave? Fudge no, Kathleen needs to tell anyone left on the street in the event of hurricane, get the fudge out.

I agree with Keeper. Earth just b1tch-slapped American politicians, and if this hurricane season is another bad one, Bush, Blanco, Brak, and Bridgette Jones are about to get assfudged.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search