First a lawyer, now Iran - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
First a lawyer, now Iran
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Seems like Dick Cheney isn't happy just shooting a lawyer, now he's laying in the ground work to invade Iran.

CNN link

[quote=CNN}Vice President Dick Cheney said Tuesday that Iran will not be allowed to have a nuclear weapon and warned "the United States is keeping all options on the table in addressing the irresponsible conduct of the regime."

Will the US ever learn?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Re: First a lawyer, now Iran
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:35 AM on j-body.org
Dear God if things keep going the way they are we're headed for WW III. And noone will win.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Yeah, we're all gonna die.

You can't outrun the radio.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:28 PM on j-body.org
We really can't afford to spend money on ANOTHER war... we don't need another war... we really don't have the rescources for another war. stupid stupid stupid idea.

Hey all you Canadian folk... Can I move up there?? Would ya be willing to take in an American and teach me of the Canadian ways?? Sure Canada seems to stick by the US a lot... but I'd feel much safer up there than with the stupid yahoo's we have in congress and in the white house now. We're doomed. If it helps... I did NOT vote for Bush!!!

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 12:32 PM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ I'm with her ! GAM where's my Canadian pre-invasion booklet I was supposed to have gotten by now ? Can you please send me anothe copy, mine apparently has gotten lost in the mail. Thanks.

Angel, We have more resorces then you may think. But the fact remains that yes it is a monumentaly horrible idea and I shudder to think what may happen should we.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:48 PM on j-body.org
Seriously... what did you guys expect?

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 1:54 PM on j-body.org
I only live an hour and a half away from Canada, I've got a head start!

You can't outrun the radio.
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 2:07 PM on j-body.org
but if you read that all the way through you’ll see it has the world behind it, unlike the current war.

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 6:00 PM on j-body.org
Big Boi -Coloradojbody.org- wrote:but if you read that all the way through you’ll see it has the world behind it, unlike the current war.

The UN was 100% behind weapons inspections for Iraq, too. The UN was all for keeping Saddam under a "watchful eye" until the time came for invasion. When it came down to sending in troops for war, the UN backed out.

It's like deja vu all over again.

Look for Iran to have "UN weapons inspections" soon.

So how much snow does Canada get each year? Maybe Mexico would be nice.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, March 07, 2006 7:42 PM on j-body.org
bliZsham wrote:Seriously... what did you guys expect?

I was praying that SOMEONE would sprout even ONE braincell. Yeah yeah I knew it wasn't going to happen. But hey... without dreams, what do we have to live for??

Jackalope wrote:^ ^ ^ I'm with her ! GAM where's my Canadian pre-invasion booklet I was supposed to have gotten by now ? Can you please send me anothe copy, mine apparently has gotten lost in the mail. Thanks.

Angel, We have more resorces then you may think. But the fact remains that yes it is a monumentaly horrible idea and I shudder to think what may happen should we.

So you guys gonna meet up with me at my house and have a caravan up to Canada? (since I'm on the way up from you guys and everything). We can head toward Niagra Falls and be there before we knew it. Heh think of the border guard's reaction when they ask us why we're comming into Canada... we can respond by saying "President Bush and VP Cheney.... are idiots... the congressmen... are idiots... we... are NOT idiots, and would like to be given the privilege of contributing something worthwhile to Canadian society in anyway we can... JUST PLEASE don't make us go back there!!!!"

LOL. *ahem* that is... if the nice wonderful friendly Canadian folk will have us

Tuesday, March 07, 2006 8:40 PM on j-body.org
I'm still confident of the feeling that Israel will end up shoving a huge sword
up Iran's anal cavity if they persist down this path of .... self destruction ?
with U.N backing ... although that means squat these days ...
the U.N. is a sick joke !

But hey, if you still fell the need to come to Canada by all means feel welcome.
And if you can't cross the border legally just use one of our complex tunnel
systems to get in ..

btw those all happen to start at the Mexican border,

if it just so happens that your an individual in need of one of those ....

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 5:27 AM on j-body.org
The UN was all for weapons inspectors and even going into Iraq till we said we we're putting troops on the ground. Then it was WHOE hold up there we don't want this! The UN is a worthless load of crap! If Isreal does indeed go into Iran ( haven't heard of this but ok ) Then great let them fight it out. But DAMN its not our backyard and we despritly NEED to stop sticking our noses into their bizz ! And if the Pres is worried about security then why in the fu-k are we allowing Dubai to take over 6 of our ports and handle operations in 16 other ports in the US ? If hes soooo woried about our security
then he wouldn't be selling this fu-king country off to the highest fu-king bidder!!!!

( Deep Breath )

End rant.

And Angel I hope they'll have us thats all I can say.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:37 AM on j-body.org
Well, there are one group of Canadians that are anything but friendly. That would be the border guards, they have a liking for latex and destroyed vehicles, so have your paperwork in order, or lie. Tell them y0our coming to visit relatives, you might get across. If you actually told them you intended to live here and you don't have visas I doubt they'll let you across.

Seriously though.. Iran is a much more formittable enemy that Iraq, and I think the US should seriously reconsider the sabre rattling they're doing right now. Iran is not run by a crazy man, just a real hard ass who knows that getting tough with the US is a popular thing there. He also remembers all the crap the US did there in the 70s, the coup, the oil embargos, all of it.

That's the problem with the US, you guys always seem to be wondering why certain groups resent / hate you because you canot seem to remember your history. Look at the actions of the US in the Middle East since WWII and you might begin to understand.

PAX and good luck.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 6:50 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:That's the problem with the US, you guys always seem to be wondering why certain groups resent / hate you because you canot seem to remember your history. Look at the actions of the US in the Middle East since WWII and you might begin to understand.

PAX and good luck.

Well said. I've stated in other threads that the US needs to pull all of our worldwide troops home and focus on our domestic issues.

Something to consider... What if Iran is further along with their nuke program than our intel is reporting? Our intel regarding Saddam's WMD's was way off, we could be wrong again. If they already have working nukes, we could get our asses in a much bigger jam than Cheney is prepared for.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 7:50 AM on j-body.org
Dude ! I don't wonder I know ! Its cause of sh-t like this. Canada here I come !

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 8:43 AM on j-body.org
You dont want to move to kaNUTa.......hell, I've been thinking of escaping to Belieze or some uninhabited south pacific island or something.

This country...er, asylum..... is a politically-correct, over-regulated liberalist @!#$hole with no property or free speach rights.

If you female or are part of some "minority", you are lauging all the way to the bank. If you have the bad luck of being a white male, your @!#$. Get used to being a slave.

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:28 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Well, there are one group of Canadians that are anything but friendly. That would be the border guards, they have a liking for latex and destroyed vehicles, so have your paperwork in order, or lie. Tell them y0our coming to visit relatives, you might get across. If you actually told them you intended to live here and you don't have visas I doubt they'll let you across.

Seriously though.. Iran is a much more formittable enemy that Iraq, and I think the US should seriously reconsider the sabre rattling they're doing right now. Iran is not run by a crazy man, just a real hard ass who knows that getting tough with the US is a popular thing there. He also remembers all the crap the US did there in the 70s, the coup, the oil embargos, all of it.

That's the problem with the US, you guys always seem to be wondering why certain groups resent / hate you because you canot seem to remember your history. Look at the actions of the US in the Middle East since WWII and you might begin to understand.

PAX and good luck.

Not all americans are like this. The middle east not considered. Our countries economy is based on the production for war, we profit from it heavily, that is our countries source of power, and also its downfall. So the powers that profit from it the most are more inclined to utilize it, they area also the people heavily involved in politics.

In retrospect however, the US may have problems, but so do other countries. The differece being that the US governing powers feel that they know what is right for the world, even if they don't follow the rules themselves.

For anyone to say one country can have a technology that another can't is absurd to me. It is in the US best interest to stay the military super power that we are. The abuse of that power is currently the issue at hand.

If i could get a job in Canada and feasibly move up there without sacrificing the things I love here I would in a heartbeat, I'd visit our canadian friends up there and finally get some intelligent conversation. However IMO things are not as bad in the US as many would parcieve them to be, and until they are, I'm not to concerned about getting out of here just yet. I believe fully that we shouldn't be in IRAQ. I've always been a believer that change needs to come from within. Once we "give" IRAQ back I fear that those who saw the way it was and "worked" will return it back to its original state only it will be considered "democratic".

Having faith in your own country is something else more americans need although I'm fairly liberal I still belive our country is one of the greatest nations in the world, and being so young we are still growing. People are finally coming around and realizing the lies and crap that has been fed to our country by our current administration. I just hope that given the opportunity to voice their opinion thru their vote they will make the proper choice, weather the best candidate be Republican, Democrat, Green etc...

-Chris

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 10:49 AM on j-body.org
I have faith in the people and the country but I have ZERO faith in govt. as of late. Makes
me almost ashamed to say where I'm from. And thats not right.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006 11:55 AM on j-body.org
IamRascal wrote:For anyone to say one country can have a technology that another can't is absurd to me. It is in the US best interest to stay the military super power that we are. The abuse of that power is currently the issue at hand.

X2. The US can have a strong military without screwing around in other countries. I'm sure Mike Tyson can still whoop ass even though he's not boxing anymore..

IamRascal wrote:Having faith in your own country is something else more americans need although I'm fairly liberal I still belive our country is one of the greatest nations in the world, and being so young we are still growing. People are finally coming around and realizing the lies and crap that has been fed to our country by our current administration. I just hope that given the opportunity to voice their opinion thru their vote they will make the proper choice, weather the best candidate be Republican, Democrat, Green etc...

The problem is that we haven't had a good candidate to choose from, it's usually "the lesser of 2 evils".

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, March 08, 2006 3:16 PM on j-body.org
A few comments:

91 sunbird SSE: It's not just the liberals causing problems...it's BOTH the liberals and conservatives. Remeber, political parties and political dogma are as stupid as the people that believe in them.

More:

Faith in the government is stupid, if you ask me. Thye government needs less people having faith in it and blindly following it and more people openly scrutinizing it--and possibly making it out to be the complete farse that it is.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:35 AM on j-body.org
I don't want to be miscontstrued as having faith in our government. I have faith in our country. I belive that no one should believe any institution whose purpose is to decide what is good for the many. Power Corrupts, its a fact.

-Chris

Thursday, March 09, 2006 8:35 AM on j-body.org
countries are an absract created by the people.

you could say i have faith in the land, but not the people. I can't have faith in anyone that finds reality shows entertaining.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Sunday, March 12, 2006 6:41 PM on j-body.org
Jack: I'll get the Dive-bomb groups to stop over the north east AGAIN after they bomb the Baldwins. This is the 3rd time man...

Okay back to unreality:

Israel is the wildcard in the Mid-east. They're roundly thought to have a US made nuclear weapon, and, they have the audacity to use it if they're backed that deep into a corner. They are dependant on the US for support, but they've been beligerant.

Iran is going to do what is best for Iran. They are NOT dependant on the US, and they will NOT be cowed by the threat of economic sanction... they have a robust military, and Nuclear Weapon capacity. They are posturing now, but they will be in a position to create a Nuclear/Radiological weapon within 3-5 years, and because they don't depend on the USA or any western country for financial support, they really don't have to answer to anyone they don't want to. You've got to start dealing with them like adults.

Make no mistake, letting Iran and Israel duke it out would not be good for anyone that drives a car, or wants to work and get paid for a living. The US is dependant on oil from the mid east (like it or not), and isn't in a position to allow them to just go at it schoolyard style, because the US either loses face and a positioning chip in the mid-east, or, it loses a very large portion of it's foreign oil resources.

This is one of those cases where sticking your nose into the door crack gets your nosehairs grabbed.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search