Why are people dumb - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why are people dumb
Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:46 PM on j-body.org
i was on my way to school and work today when while i was on the train, i hear this "these damn crackas is tryin to enlsave us again".

Now me sitting right next to the person that it came from could not believe what i was hearing. why are black people always saying the white man is going to put them in slavery?

Last time i checked History, whites helped to free slaves, slavery is done with, and its a different world nowadays.

Second, how come blacks never complain about the Egyptians enlsaving their own people or about a European nation having slaves?

Thirdly, why complain about America when you rather live here than India or Japan?

i am not tryin to sound racist because i am not. if i dislike someone its because of their lack of respect or actions but i would really like to know why some black people feel this way? is it the situation they are in (low income, lower mid class)? or is it just thoughts that are put into them??

Re: Why are people dumb
Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:29 PM on j-body.org
honestly.....tehrs nothin we white people can do......cuz in all reality.....lets say a black man called you a cracker....do u really care no......hahahaha.....but if you say the N bomb then there gonna all be like well wtf why.......i d k ......honestly race is a color of skin who the F cares.....

Thanx Charles
Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:51 PM on j-body.org
RACIST!!!!!!11!!!ONE!!!!

lol sorry had to do it...

Well you have to realize no matter how much money you make, you can be ignorant. There are Rich girls out there who are ignorant to the fact that it's not normal to drive a Ferrari everyday and there are poor people who are ignorant to the fact that not everyone is out to get them.

I will say this...

Lower income black families can sometimes be mad...mad at themselves and/or mad at the world. They sit back and struggle to make ends meet while they walk around and see white people with new Rolex watches and cell phones. It's a frustrating thing in their minds. "Why must I suffer?" "Why am I suffering?" Some try and find a logical way to pull themselves up from their boot straps, others tend to make excuses. "It's the white man's fault!"

This mantality of thinking is not uncommon though. Not all the time it's thought up to make excuses, alot of times it's hatred brought up from the past. For example: My mother was born in 1960 and grew up in the 60s and 70s when there were more racial division in America and saw how whites were. Times have changed but I will say racism is still there but not like it used to be. My mother has been accepting of me having white friends and even growing up, having white girlfriends...I guess she just bit her lip about it and you would never know if she had a problem with it. But let her get mad at me about something and it involves a friend or girlfriend who is white, they are this that and the other because they are white. I've said to my mom plenty of times that she's bigget but it doesn't phase her.

If you ever read the story about me apologizing to my friend Josh who did my turbo setup, it was mainly apologizing for my mother being a freakin racist psycho and tried to call the cops on him because she thought he was trying to keep my car...mainly her mindset was that he was white and that he was ripping off this black kid.

I will say that you can't let 1 person of a race ruin it for every person in that race. Same thing goes for people in Hurricane Katrina. People heard looting and stealing and then automatically everyone there are savages and acting like wild animals...heck, someone said there were rapings, everyone believed it and jumped right on with the bandwagon...later proved there were NO RAPINGS...but that's another topic.

I will say lastly that people usually turn out the way they are raised...notice I say usually. My mother never fully inforced her views on white people to me growing up...if she did, I didn't listen because I lived majority of the time in whtie neighborhoods and had white friends. I was a lucky one not to grow up with ignorance like that in my head BUT there are plenty of kids who are unlucky and are the seed to their parents trash mindedness.

Kids are not born with hate, they are taught hate. I can't wait for my son to grow up and show him both sides of the tracks being that he's half white & black (technically he's part Italian, Irish, African-American & Trinidadian).

www.kronosperformance.com / 732-742-8837

Thursday, March 16, 2006 10:53 PM on j-body.org
Charles (the haha one) wrote:honestly.....tehrs nothin we white people can do......cuz in all reality.....lets say a black man called you a cracker....do u really care no......hahahaha.....but if you say the N bomb then there gonna all be like well wtf why.......i d k ......honestly race is a color of skin who the F cares.....

I will say it's a double standard but the word cracker means nothing to you cause it basically has no type of history to you, that's why it means nothing.

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:02 PM on j-body.org
Cuz wez likes 2 b Dumb

dummy .. it takes less werk to thonk ...
well may b it's reallee wehre jus lazy .

smarty peole ........ you Suk !
go die with your thought's .........

Thursday, March 16, 2006 11:42 PM on j-body.org
Yet again, I agree with everything NJHK said...with an emphasis on the point that it comes from upbringing.

Friday, March 17, 2006 12:25 AM on j-body.org
I'll put my 2 cents in:

Adam's got a point, definitely...

I'll also say this: Some people, whether or not it actually happened, feel shortchanged because of some incident, and instead of dealing with what happened and trying to fix it, or make peace with it... They turn to hate. It's really easy to hate. You totally absolve yourself of any problems, and you're not the bad guy. It's someone else.

It's making excuses, or refusing to see the world for what it really is. Yeah, it's not pleasant, it's not at all fair, and you're only going to be out for number one.

Adam: If your mom had been like that to me, I'd have told her to call the police... seriously. She has seen a lot of the bad stuff that happens because of bigotry, and instead of not letting it affect her, she went the opposite way and became intolerant herself. I know I'm not telling you anything earth-shattering... My point is, some times people refuse to see the good in others, or take what's happening at face value.

It was in the movie Hoffa, and I think it was said best:
If a guy feels slighted, even if nothing happened, he'll always feel that slight, and it'll be a chip on his shoulder forever. (or to that effect)

I think we're a product of our environment as much as a product of our upbringing. Adam, you said that you had always grown up in a mixed or predominantly WASP neighbourhood, correct? I think the fact that you were at one point an oddity, but became part of the scene in your neighbourhood is a reason as to why you're a bit better adjust than your mom is when it comes to race relation. I'm kind of the same.. from when I first was in daycare, I was in a mixed environment. My job now in the RCMP, I'm in the whitest workplace I've ever been in, and at first it was a little disconcerting. (To be fair, my department has not openly advertised positions.. you need to be sort of sponsored by someone in the dept. in order to get an interview)

I won't be so niëve pretend that there isn't racism anymore... but, attitudes change, situations change, people change. Most people aren't the venomous spitting racists there were in the 50's, 60's and even into the 70's... and I think that has to do a lot with the de-segregation of the Military (it was the first truly desegregated entity that was Nationwide). I don't hardly think that there wasn't a black or white soldier in Vietnam that didn't feel put upon by the Government, and the saying that there are no aetheists in a fox hole in a firefight, well, I think that there isn't any racists in there either. It was a common experience, and it was a unifying experience.. That is the kind of thing that will overcome past biases.

I doubt that racism will evaporate, but we're quietly shrugging off racism... Hopefully EVERYONE is.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, March 17, 2006 6:01 AM on j-body.org
Its how your raised. Trash is trash no matter what color the person is.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, March 17, 2006 2:21 PM on j-body.org
Racism is still here from both sides, but it's getting better with every new generation. As long as people make a big deal about race, even overzealous civil rights activists, we will not feel equal. My opinion is that if they stop being a "stereotypical" black person, they will get more respect. Sadly, to many people the only way to "keep it real" is to act, talk and dress like your in the ghetto. THE GHETTO SUCKS! (I should know, it's where I was raised) Let it go, get an education and have some respect for other people. The worst thing about the whole situation is that we can't talk objectively about this subject because people get upset.
Friday, March 17, 2006 2:42 PM on j-body.org
ShiftyCav wrote:i was on my way to school and work today when while i was on the train, i hear this "these damn crackas is tryin to enlsave us again".

Now me sitting right next to the person that it came from could not believe what i was hearing. why are black people always saying the white man is going to put them in slavery?

Last time i checked History, whites helped to free slaves, slavery is done with, and its a different world nowadays.

Second, how come blacks never complain about the Egyptians enlsaving their own people or about a European nation having slaves?

Thirdly, why complain about America when you rather live here than India or Japan?

i am not tryin to sound racist because i am not. if i dislike someone its because of their lack of respect or actions but i would really like to know why some black people feel this way? is it the situation they are in (low income, lower mid class)? or is it just thoughts that are put into them??

well two things....

as it pertains to the history of this country, caucasians enslaved brown skinned people..
BY THEMSELVES.....ANDDDDDD SOME GROUPS ALSO WITH THE HELP OF NEIGHBORING BROWN SKIN PEOPLE FROM DIFFERENT TRIBES...

Quote:

most wont admit to other african tribes helping cause the slavery that occured in america.... you think they will admit to other nations doing it while living in america and havin a finger to point at thats only a few feet away? most ignorant people usually dont pay attention in history and sadly enough here in baltimore, most dont even know of egypt, european slavery (even after gladiator came out) .... and we reside next to the nations cap... which has the nick name of none other than???

CHOCOLATE CITY....and i am not talking hershey chocolate.....

Quote:

sadly thats part of the bad with freedom. the same way we are free to praise this and that, we are also free to complain without reactions of losing our head, tounge, lips, etc... for speaking out against things... give and take

but as always dumb people are produced from the fact that:

its easier to blame a scapegoat, not think, OR go with the flow or do ALL THREE....than to actually put some logical thought to something that takes little time to do so.

so in the same book you see brown skin people saying the same, i am sure you can look anywhere online or in real life and find caucasians saying:

"minorities are growing, sooner or later, they will take over the majority and enslave us"

like most have prob said, you will get the same BS from all ethnicities, colors, mixes, etc...

but in the end, people being dumb really does boil down to

1) blaming a scapegoat/not taking responsibility

2) Lack of REALISTIC thought

3) people who go with the flow, cause its cool, or just easier.

Friday, March 17, 2006 11:58 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:

I will say lastly that people usually turn out the way they are raised...notice I say usually.

true...i grew up in a mostly low income black neighborhood, so i was looked at as quite an oddity and was made fun of quite a bit for it,now i coulda just said that i hated all of them because of this, but then there were the others who were my best friends and i woulda missed out on that if i woulda just jumped to conclusion that all blacks were like that, i guess within this rambling...im trying to make the point that you cant judge the whole race upon a few ( i guess thats where i was trying to go with this)

Saturday, March 18, 2006 12:26 AM on j-body.org
halfJ99 (Nik) wrote:
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:

I will say lastly that people usually turn out the way they are raised...notice I say usually.

true...i grew up in a mostly low income black neighborhood, so i was looked at as quite an oddity and was made fun of quite a bit for it,now i coulda just said that i hated all of them because of this, but then there were the others who were my best friends and i woulda missed out on that if i woulda just jumped to conclusion that all blacks were like that, i guess within this rambling...im trying to make the point that you cant judge the whole race upon a few ( i guess thats where i was trying to go with this)

Exactly my point. You can't classify people as a whole in no type of situation.

Saturday, March 18, 2006 10:23 AM on j-body.org
People tend to do that Event... Anything different is open for prejudice.

Case in point: French.

Friday, March 24, 2006 1:42 PM on j-body.org
NJHK (The Turbo Negro) wrote:RACIST!!!!!!11!!!ONE!!!!

Kids are not born with hate, they are taught hate. I can't wait for my son to grow up and show him both sides of the tracks being that he's half white & black (technically he's part Italian, Irish, African-American & Trinidadian).

LOL--yeh, It can be funny. My ex is from the BVI with me white as a ghost, and I've had my 10-year-old tell me "daddy, I'm allowed to say nigger because I'm black but you cant say it"

I didnt know if I should fall over laughing or cuff him one upside the head, but I was laughing too hard to do anything but fall on my ass.

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Saturday, March 25, 2006 9:22 PM on j-body.org
Without dumb people, how would we know whom the smart people are? You can't have one without the other.

Saturday, March 25, 2006 11:57 PM on j-body.org
Dumb people are only going to be kept alive for their intrinsic entertainment value after the invasion. This means that there will be tours available for most southern states, but all companies will be removed from there

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search