Little Over One Year, Tsunami - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Little Over One Year, Tsunami
Friday, March 17, 2006 1:01 AM on j-body.org
Look at this
<http://www.warshooter.com/blog/admin/thailand-tsunami-then-and-now-gallery-zoriah

Looks like we need to get those guys to rebuild New Orleans.

---

Re: Little Over One Year, Tsunami
Friday, March 17, 2006 1:38 AM on j-body.org
http://www.warshooter.com/blog/admin/thailand-tsunami-then-and-now-gallery-zoriah

That site is slow as crap!

From what I could see I have this to say.

It's not that hard to rebuild nothing when you have nothing, oooh they cleaned the beach out of the stores and oh and um had 80% of the world give them money.

I am sure of they had pictures of Sri Lanka, they had grass huts not soild buildings.

In New Orleans, they was more distrustion of infrastuture, building that work solid where moved. It's not like they can just bulldoze the city and rebuild.

Not to mention the lack of cordination(lets not start on this).

Not to mention the Tsunami came in and the water went out, in NO they water stayed for weeks ruining everything. Buildings, soil, power grids, sub stations, treatment plants.

Quote:

Looks like we need to get those guys to rebuild New Orleans.

you mean us right? the national gaurd? red cross? Bush Sr, Clinton fundrasing?
Friday, March 17, 2006 5:20 AM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ Agreed.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, March 17, 2006 7:11 AM on j-body.org
The page went to forbidden status, I can't view it.

The areas hit by the Tsunami were populated, had a proportionate amount of strong built buildings (like houses, hotels etc)... and they also had to deal with a 20 foot high wall of water and debris that quite literally smashed the @!#$ out of everything.

The rebuilding effort there is on-going. The difference between there an NOLA is that one is tsunami damage that razed entire Islands, and the other is flood and hurricane damage. NOLA also has better infrastructure, and there is a LOT more support available.. There is also a lot more people there... The tsunami zone is a lot more dispersed, and, the first priority was to assess who it was that died, then clear the zone, then rebuild.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, March 20, 2006 8:02 AM on j-body.org
you want to know the biggest difference.

All there people came together and help to rebuild there home land...

In NO 50% of them are sitting on there asses letting others rebuild..

Monday, March 20, 2006 12:05 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

In NO 50% of them are sitting on there asses letting others rebuild..

Ding ding.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 12:58 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:In NO 50% of them are sitting on there asses letting others rebuild..

are you tryin to insinuate that anyone who didnt help is a bad person? just wondering.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 1:57 PM on j-body.org
Not at all. What im saying is that alot of people down there whose homes were destroyed or whatever are sitting on there asses watching everyone else rebuild. Alot of colleges have sent kids down to help, tons of chraitys are down there helping out and what are most of the people living down there doing? Watching...and thats it.

My point was that the difference between The Tsunami and the hurrican is over there, everyone banded together to help rebuild. So it got done quickly.
Here, alot of the victims relied on everyone but themselves

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 3:26 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Not at all. What im saying is that alot of people down there whose homes were destroyed or whatever are sitting on there asses watching everyone else rebuild. Alot of colleges have sent kids down to help, tons of chraitys are down there helping out and what are most of the people living down there doing? Watching...and thats it.

My point was that the difference between The Tsunami and the hurrican is over there, everyone banded together to help rebuild. So it got done quickly.
Here, alot of the victims relied on everyone but themselves

Well said and good point
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:28 PM on j-body.org
oh ok. idk you made it sound like if the entire american population didnt take up hammers and nails they were bad people lol.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 4:38 PM on j-body.org
Noooooo....cause i sure as hell didnt. Alot of my friends did but i refuse to to help people who cant help themselves.

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:10 PM on j-body.org
lol i didnt either im liek 1200 or so miles away and i have a job among other things lol.

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 21, 2006 5:24 PM on j-body.org
Yeah i live near your borsty so im just as far away..i had plenty of vacation time saved up but um...NO

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 6:55 PM on j-body.org
I think the Difference between the Tsunami and the Hurricanes:
One is a hockey team. The other is not.

Okay seriously, in the Tsunami zone, they had 2 choices: Pick it up and clean up, or... Die. I know there were tourist areas, and they got cleaned up and rebuilt quickly, and the other places got cleaned up as well, reason being, they had to. If they don't work, they don't eat. The governments really couldn't do much to help the people.

In the Hurricane zones, there is a third option: Fight it out with the insurance company and live on assistance. that's what a lot of people are doing. Most people aren't helping each other because they really don't have to or don't trust other people. People live their own insular lives and don't want to let anyone in. Also, it takes a lot longer to clean out and repair/rebuild a home in the US than it does in the Tsunami areas, building codes, inspections.. yada yada.

That's the difference... look at it like this: I was in Miami, and there were still roofs that weren't fixed, almost a year later.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search