MAC VS PC!!! LETS HAVE IT OUT!!! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
MAC VS PC!!! LETS HAVE IT OUT!!!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:05 AM on j-body.org
I'm going to try to attempt to end this argument before it starts.

MAC's are more stable usually...perform larger operations faster. It used to be that they had compatibility issues with the rest of the world but they solved that too. Also viruses are almost non-existent on a mac.
HOWEVER...

PC's are what 90% of the world uses. Most people aren't familiar with how to use a mac, therefore they can effectively use a PC faster. As for stability...I don't have any issues with my windows. I'm using media center edition on my dell 6000 series notebook. I paid 800 bucks for it, it has a CD/DVD burner, 512mb ram, I think a 1.73 pentium M processor, and it does everything I ask it to do.

SO...if you want to buy a notebook ( like in darkstars' case ) go for the better deal...put emphasis on screen size, processor, and hard drive. The rest can be upgraded at any time.

MAC's are not god's gift to computers. Some of you MAC users are like the hybrid drivers on the latest south park episode. Your nose is so far up MAC's ass you can't smell your own farts!

Re: MAC VS PC!!! LETS HAVE IT OUT!!!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:23 AM on j-body.org
Plus, an eMac is MUCH harder to upgrade than a regular desktop computer.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:37 AM on j-body.org
My MAC is my PC.......

._____________________________.
hostis humani generis - Causa latet vis est notissima
You have been banned from posting on this site as of 2005-12-11 18:21:36. This ban will expire 2005-12-18 18:21:36 Pacific Time.

Reason: Your comment about Grim Raven's wife was completely uncalled for and way over the top.

My other car is a boat. Supermotors
Free FlatScreens, IT WORKS!
Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:47 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

MAC's are more stable usually...perform larger operations faster. It used to be that they had compatibility issues with the rest of the world but they solved that too. Also viruses are almost non-existent on a mac.

Wait untill 90% of the world starts using Macs...we will see how quickly viruses comes out....

zthe only thing i dissagree on is the stabilty thing. As a long time mac and PC user I have had wayyyy more crashes with mac os then windows...I dont reformat every 4 months like NIck says you have to.

I can live with a big backed up crash every 4-6 months over the macs that although you dont lose all your data, crash daily and loose what you were currently working on....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 11:54 AM on j-body.org
Gaming

PC > Mac

thats all that matters to me.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:18 PM on j-body.org
Now that macs easily run windows, and run it faster than any other equivlent PC. There is no point in buying a non-Apple computer.

Even for games.

You cant front!, its not about Macs vs. PCs; I love PCs, I wish OSX was open, and I could install it on any set of up to date components, but I cant (not easily / not yet), who knows what Apple's next move is going to be, they could open, but they really dont need to. Having owned their hardware, I trust them much more than any other PC manufacture.

Spyware, Malware, and Viruses love windows. Therefore I hate windows... and roscoe for the billionth time, security through obscurity is a myth.. the best hackers in the world WISH they could exploit OSX simply for the notoriaty. Its NOT going to happen, you can say it will till your blue in the face.. its not.. and you must perform pretty good maintance on your windows box if you dont have to reformat all the time, you must be real good at updating your multiple antispyware software, and antivirus app.., and if you are not I can guarentee you are infected.. the only question is how bad. I havnt EVAR had to reformat since I switched to OSX, even thru 3 machines, and two full migrations never had a problem; never had to reinstall. - not to mention the only 'maintence' I have done is updating OSX, wich is usually fun because we typically get new features and/or increased performance with our updates, instead of new bugs and slower performance as with windows updates. Unlike the tedius act of updating, scanning, removing infections, deleteing temp files, moving onto the next app, to do the same thing, to go to a antivirus app, to have to do yet the same thing, if you use the internet everyday, and want to really be protected, you are looking at 20 + minutes of maintence on ANY version of windows EVERYDAY. and yes yes,m I know you dont have these problems, sure, bring your machine to me, and I'll proove you do for free.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

if you use the internet everyday, and want to really be protected, you are looking at 20 + minutes of maintence on ANY version of windows EVERYDAY. and yes yes,m I know you dont have these problems, sure, bring your machine to me, and I'll proove you do for free.

Yeah yeah im done arguing with you because you know all and us PC users are dumb. But let me say this sales boy, i know my @!#$. I worked in a large school as a tech and i run my own business. So dont tell me youll show me how infected my windows machine is..And dont tell me how much maitience i must do to keep my machine up and running. YOu think you @!#$ know everything but you dont. So let it go. Go home, @!#$ the @!#$ out of your mac, and fall asleep knowing that your right and everyone else is wrong. Your arguing with a former mac user buddy. Your not telling me anything i dont already know.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:38 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:
Quote:

if you use the internet everyday, and want to really be protected, you are looking at 20 + minutes of maintence on ANY version of windows EVERYDAY. and yes yes,m I know you dont have these problems, sure, bring your machine to me, and I'll proove you do for free.

Yeah yeah im done arguing with you because you know all and us PC users are dumb. But let me say this sales boy, i know my @!#$. I worked in a large school as a tech and i run my own business. So dont tell me youll show me how infected my windows machine is..And dont tell me how much maitience i must do to keep my machine up and running. YOu think you @!#$ know everything but you dont. So let it go. Go home, @!#$ the @!#$ out of your mac, and fall asleep knowing that your right and everyone else is wrong. Your arguing with a former mac user buddy. Your not telling me anything i dont already know.

Everyone is right... except you.

hey, I want a dual core cpu, and 2 $800 video cards just like the next guy, but I refuse to run an OS as bad as windows...

If MS can fix it with Vista I will be all about it.. but chances are they wont..

So, for the record, you Truely Think Windows is Better than OSX? okay. great.. next please.

Why defend windows? WHY just WHY??? it sucks so bad.. I'll tell you how bad it sucks... it sucks MORE than the amount that I like OSX... and c'mon you know I LOVE OSX.

Thats enough posting from us roscoe, lets hear from some others.

I am interested in the security software you are running tho, it must be pretty impressive. - oh wait, its 3rd rate @!#$E jsut like windows is.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:54 PM on j-body.org
Cable wrote:Now that macs easily run windows, and run it faster than any other equivlent PC. There is no point in buying a non-Apple computer.

Even for games.

the problem with that, is that you are constenly upgrading to stay up with the newest games, and probly always will. yet at least to my knowledge thats not a possibilty with mac (videocards, processors, mobo, ram (u guys probly can do this one), gaming peripherals (gameing wheels, pads, gaming keyboards,and mice).

i would rather upgrade few pieces at a time over a never ending life of my machine, rather than retire/sell my machine to buy a whole new box (a very expensive buy based on the power you would need in your mac to play all the next gen games)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 12:56 PM on j-body.org
Dude just shut the @!#$ up..

mac molester wrote:Everyone is right... except you.

Gooood one...im gunna go cry myself to sleep now.

[QUOTEMac Molester]I am interested in the security software you are running tho, it must be pretty impressive. - oh wait, its 3rd rate @!#$E jsut like windows is.

Oh really and you know that how? I forgot your the smartest man on earth....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:01 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:Dude just shut the @!#$ up..

mac molester wrote:Everyone is right... except you.

Gooood one...im gunna go cry myself to sleep now.

[QUOTEMac Molester]I am interested in the security software you are running tho, it must be pretty impressive. - oh wait, its 3rd rate @!#$E jsut like windows is.

Oh really and you know that how? I forgot your the smartest man on earth....

no, I know because I am running the best anti-crap-ware software and utilizing the best tools that are out there for windows, AND THEY ARE ALL NOTHING SPECIAL & BEING DEVELOPED IN MOST CASES BY NON-PROFITS. If you ran a decent OS you wouldnt need all that @!#$ man.. you must like getting hit.. SAY IT AGAIN!.. SAY IT AGAIN BITCH!

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:02 PM on j-body.org
do i look like your wife?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:04 PM on j-body.org
for real tho, I would like to hear from others... like the hundreds of people that are reading this thread for entertainment, what do you think? what have you expierenced with the OS you use?

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:06 PM on j-body.org
Roscoe wrote:do i look like your wife?

no, hahaha

I was insinuating that Windows was your abusive husband that you kept going back to.... went over your head I guess.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:10 PM on j-body.org
Um apparently it went over YOUR head.....Wow....re read that and then think about what i said

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:11 PM on j-body.org
i definitely do not do 20 minutes of maintenance everyday on my PC to use the internet
maybe 20 minutes a month or every other month

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:12 PM on j-body.org
Dude.. you are about as dense as they come.... why dont you re-read the entire thread.... and then stop posting in it.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:12 PM on j-body.org
actually, check that, 20 minutes every 3 months at most, i forgot how easy it is to just hit the scan button and let the @!#$ run

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:13 PM on j-body.org
themarin8r wrote:i definitely do not do 20 minutes of maintenance everyday on my PC to use the internet
maybe 20 minutes a month or every other month

To be totally protected, and fully safe, you should run all your antispyware scans, and your antivirus scan after each session. <- (period)

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:13 PM on j-body.org
Cable wrote:Dude.. you are about as dense as they come.... why dont you re-read the entire thread.... and then stop posting in it.

Care to explain why i am so dense....

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:17 PM on j-body.org
because you didnt realize that I realized that you realized that I realized what they hell you were talking about.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:22 PM on j-body.org
PC's are better always will be, more stable? I used macs in HS they used to crash just as much if not more. Did they ever get a 2 button mouse yet?

Nobody gets viruses on a mac because nobody bothers writing viruses for them. They cost 2x as much as PCs and there is no software for them compared to whats out there for PCs. Try getting support sometime if your a mac user with almost any downloadable software.

Anyone that even knows how to use a damn computer doesnt need antivirus software, Ive been using computers for I dunno since the 80s never once got one, because theres certain things you dont do or dont download and you wont have a problem all these ppl loading these antispyware programs on thier computers are the ones with the issues. Ever notice whenever you do that they always want you to pay for the program? Its a money maker. Most ppl are too stupid to realize that or dont know a registry from thier ass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:24 PM on j-body.org
dude shhhhh...youll piss off the mac god...

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:24 PM on j-body.org
^ Uninformed

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 1:25 PM on j-body.org
oh and by the way as much as i am a PC lover....take a freshly built PC and leave it on a cable modem with no antivirus for a couple days...see what happenes...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search