God testing us - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: God testing us
Sunday, April 09, 2006 8:49 AM on j-body.org
94 Red Bird wrote:The bad things that happen aren't God's fault, they are because of sin. Before sin there was no pain or death or disease. When sin entered the world through man it screwed things up. We are the ones who messed stuff up, so don't blame God for your problems. I know some problems can seem to difficult at the time, but in the end they can help you. It just depends on what you want. Do you want an easy life or do you want to have your character built?

so your saying that because adam and eve screwed up, that were being punished for it thousands of years later?? that makes no sense at all, especially from a religion that always talks about peace and forgiveness.

basically were being punished for the mistakes of our ancestors. thats the same as if you went to jail because they found out your grandfather killed someone, makes no sense does it??

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)

Sunday, April 09, 2006 4:20 PM on j-body.org
mikec2003 wrote:[
so your saying that because adam and eve screwed up, that were being punished for it thousands of years later?? that makes no sense at all, especially from a religion that always talks about peace and forgiveness.

basically were being punished for the mistakes of our ancestors. thats the same as if you went to jail because they found out your grandfather killed someone, makes no sense does it??

So I guess you are perfect then? Every person has sinned and messed up, Adam and Eve were just the first. That is how sin entered the world. I'm not saying we are punished because Adam and Eve sinned, I'm saying that when they sinned things changed. God's original design didn't include sickness, pain, or death. When sin entered the picture things changed because we (all of humanity) screwed up. Christianity does talk about peace and forgiveness, but it also is very clear that there are consequences for actions. I hope that you no longer misunderstand my statement.

You can't outrun the radio.
Sunday, April 09, 2006 6:19 PM on j-body.org
oh, ok, i understand that now, kinda makes sense

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search