No Iran thread? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
No Iran thread?
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 2:56 PM on j-body.org
The deadline for them to conform is Saturday.

Are we eventually going to war...or not?

RE Audio

Re: No Iran thread?
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:37 PM on j-body.org
yeah probably

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 3:55 PM on j-body.org
With the threats against Israel... should be interesting.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 4:24 PM on j-body.org
does this include a draft??
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:12 PM on j-body.org
whoa? What's going on?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265283
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 7:19 PM on j-body.org
if he attacks Iran, things will go bad quick...

Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:40 PM on j-body.org
hmm, i hadn't heard of a deadline, but it makes sense with this administration. i am about 80% sure we are going to war with iran because, well, that's how bush does things. it's all lunacy. iran couldn't have a nuclear weapon for another six years at a minimum, most estimates say closer to 10 years. so why are we rushing things. diplomacy owns all. i can't wait to see the same old arguments from iraq. "this will only cost us 2 billion dollars, iran will pay for the rest." "sure, we have an exit-strategy" agh.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 6:19 AM on j-body.org
The dead line is imposed by the U.N. not by us. We're ot the only country that doesn't want to se Iran with nukes. I doubt we'd go in by ourselves since this is a U.N. thing. If anyone went in it would be a coalition deal. But if Isreal gets involved and goes in heavy won't be pretty.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 9:19 PM on j-body.org
1: Dubya hasn't got any foot-hold to trudge off to Iran... There's actually PROBLEMS with Iran.
2: Iran isn't going to budge because it's not in their best interest to relent.
3: Israel won't do a damned thing against Iran (at least, not overtly) because they're actually closer to peace with the Muslim countries around them, and are NOT going to stir the pot.

I can see Mossad doing something to the nuclear facilities.

If Iran developed nuclear capabilities, I'd wager they'd find out very quickly that they are NOT any safer with it.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:16 PM on j-body.org
Simple fix here, they already cut a deal with Russia to deal with the uranuim management, let them do it, they are wanting to do it for peaceful purposes

We already have a war in Iraq that has military personel too thin, dont make a bad situation worse

Slap the @!#$ out Israel for causing nothing but problems those @!#$s have been fighting some war somewhere for thier entire existance, tell them to keep thier damn noses out of it, no pun intended, no wonder the arabs hate them they are total pain in the ass

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, April 27, 2006 8:03 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Simple fix here, they already cut a deal with Russia to deal with the uranuim management, let them do it, they are wanting to do it for peaceful purposes

IIRC, Russia offered to do it for them... there hasn't been any acceptance.

Quote:

We already have a war in Iraq that has military personel too thin, dont make a bad situation worse

Dude, if there is a Bush, a Cheney or Rove that has anything to say about it, this nugget of common sense will end up with the mulch in the Whitehouse rosegarden.

Quote:

Slap the @!#$ out Israel for causing nothing but problems those @!#$s have been fighting some war somewhere for thier entire existance, tell them to keep thier damn noses out of it, no pun intended, no wonder the arabs hate them they are total pain in the ass

Israel has been pretty quiet on the whole matter from what I've read. Bush hasn't been doing anything to help matters either, change starts at home first.

Friday, April 28, 2006 5:14 AM on j-body.org
I gotta ask.......why do you guys all think we need to put troops on the ground in order to destroy someplace? The only reason we have any troops in Iraq is because we're trying to get a democratic govt established. If someone pisses us off to the point where we say your going down mister then we just bomb the crap out of them. If that doesn't work we have all these ICBM's lying around not pointing at Russia anymore so we may as well put them to good use. Hell we could even replace the nukes with conventional war heads fire off a salvo of them and watch as Iran turns back into desert. We don't need to put one single boot to ground to destroy anyplace.

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:33 AM on j-body.org
It makes sense to accconmplish our goals with missiles and bombs... and we could destroy all of their nuclear facilities and air defenses...

but the trouble is the Iranian Army, who would wake up like a hornet's nest if we bombed Iran. They would not hesitate to send all 300K+ soldiers and 1000 tanks into occupied Iraq and go for Israel. We need at least a hefty ground force to protect the borders with Iran cuz they will not sit back and let us beat up on them from the air.

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:49 AM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ More bombs. Problem solved.

Friday, April 28, 2006 11:08 AM on j-body.org
incase you guys havent heard, its been confirmed that Iran has the ability to Enrich Uranium now. Sadly thats a huge step towards making a nuclear bomb.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:46 AM on j-body.org
Well I heard this morning the the US has over 10 000 nukes and 7000 of them can be launched within 15minutes of giving the order. Iran can enrich Uranium, but has no weapon, and is still a while off of building a weapon.

So how is it that the US get's to tell them they can't have nukes when the US itself has 7000 that they could launch with very little prep time?

When you point a finger at someone, remember that 3 are pointing back at you.

PAX
Friday, April 28, 2006 12:33 PM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ Thats easy !!!! Cause we have over 7000 nukes that we can fire off within 15 minutes of giveing the order. You answered your own question HAHA.

And its not just the US but the entire UN security counsil who has demanded they stop.

Friday, April 28, 2006 3:41 PM on j-body.org
Jayson: The biggest thing that most people do NOT understand is that a nuclear weapon needs to sustain it's reaction before it can really become a major threat. the other thing that most people don't get, you're not going to get a back-pack bomb to do the same kind of damage as an ICBM.

Iran hasn't got ICBM technology, because if it had, Israel would be vapor right now.

Iran getting nuclear capability is no bigger a threat than North Korea, Pakistan, India or a half-dozen other countries getting it. All these places that have it are not willing to use it because it'll trigger reactions from everyone else.

Trying to put boots on the sand in Iran will be a bigger problem than Iraq... Iran has much deeper fundamentalist ties, and is seen as the biggest anti-US country left standing. I'd guess that you'd see 500-600,000 new Jihadi's swarm in.

Friday, April 28, 2006 4:04 PM on j-body.org
-JaysonZ24- wrote:incase you guys havent heard, its been confirmed that Iran has the ability to Enrich Uranium now. Sadly thats a huge step towards making a nuclear bomb.
They have only confirmed that they can enrich uranium enough to produce fuel for a power plant (they stated 3.6 It takes over 90% enriched uranium to make a bomb.
Friday, April 28, 2006 4:25 PM on j-body.org
so what if they want to do it, who is the UN to tell them what to do?

Maybe this is a solution if enough of these nations have nukes maybe we will quit poking our nose where it doesnt belong and we might even actually get along better, it isnt right to just tell one nation oh you cant have nukes, but these other 20 that already do, its cool

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, April 28, 2006 6:21 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:so what if they want to do it, who is the UN to tell them what to do?

Maybe this is a solution if enough of these nations have nukes maybe we will quit poking our nose where it doesnt belong and we might even actually get along better, it isnt right to just tell one nation oh you cant have nukes, but these other 20 that already do, its cool

How many of those other countries are calling for the elimination Israel ?

Friday, April 28, 2006 6:26 PM on j-body.org
That should read ... for the elimination OF Israel ? ..

long day ............

Friday, April 28, 2006 9:22 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Jayson: The biggest thing that most people do NOT understand is that a nuclear weapon needs to sustain it's reaction before it can really become a major threat. the other thing that most people don't get, you're not going to get a back-pack bomb to do the same kind of damage as an ICBM.

Iran hasn't got ICBM technology, because if it had, Israel would be vapor right now.

Iran getting nuclear capability is no bigger a threat than North Korea, Pakistan, India or a half-dozen other countries getting it. All these places that have it are not willing to use it because it'll trigger reactions from everyone else.

Trying to put boots on the sand in Iran will be a bigger problem than Iraq... Iran has much deeper fundamentalist ties, and is seen as the biggest anti-US country left standing. I'd guess that you'd see 500-600,000 new Jihadi's swarm in.

Exactly!

I'm just gonna post some comments I made in another forum just so I dont have to re-type everything...lol.

I'd just like to throw something out there..

Does anybody remember back to the early 80's (Ronald Reagan era) when Iraq and Iran were fighting? Who did the U.S. back??? SADDAM!!!!! It was our military that went over and pounded Iran with air assults after one of our Navy ships was sunk. We basically disabled their entire military so saddam could have his way with them. Kind of Ironic that Desert Storm followed soon after. Not only that...but the U.S. helped Iraq with making the SCUD missle to use against Iran....which would shortly after be aimed at US.

So just figure that Iran has had a grudge for at least the last 2.5 decades.

Some things to think about...
Irans population now stands well above 68 MILLION people and is (the country itself) 3-4 times larger than Iraq.
They have been HEAVILY building their military since the mid 90's
Iran's military is said to be at 800,000 + (not including a 1+ MILLLION gorilla type army ...called Basij)
Iran is WELL know for using unconventional war tacticts such as chemical warfare and others. They are NOT affraid to use it.

Sorry to say it....but this is NOT the same as Iraq folks. A ground battle would be MUCH different.

But I will end it with a quote from an article I read...lol

"The end result of an Iranian first strike with a nuke (against Israel), of course, would
be the U.S. turning Iran into a parking lot that glows in the dark for
23,000 years"

Something interesting...and a little scary..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_active_troops

O.K. One more thing...lol.

I found this post on another forum.

"But seriously the invasion of Iran would lead to disaster because 70 million Iranians would unite together to fight the U.S. During the Iran-Iraq War Iran ran out of weapons and they were on a really short supply of almost everything (their military was 99% U.S made). The Basij was a volunteer force that the mullahs created where young Iranians would simply run towards firing Iraqi positions. All they had in their hands was a Quran. Today Iran has enough weapons to pass around to all their citizens. The Basij force is estimated to be around 350,000-1,000,000. There are Basij offices on almost every other block where citizens can pick up all the weapons they want. The insurgent estimates in Iraq are around 13,000 for the low estimates to 25,000 for the high estimates. Now compare that to an insurgency that will number close to 1,000,000

Unlike Iraq Iranians would die for their country even if it means running towards a tank holding a shovel in their hands.

Another advantage Iran has that Iraq didn't have is that Iran is not full of desert. The desert parts of Iran is in the middle of the country where nobody lives. The 70 million people of Iran live around the borders where U.S troops will have to be entering from mountainous terrain. This exercise in the video took place in the middle of the country.

The U.S has a military force that can take on the entire world. They can destroy Iran in seconds with their nuclear arsenal. They can send in all 8 aircraft carriers to the Persian Gulf and simply launch all aircraft and go around bombing any building they see for months. They can just launch cruise missiles at Iran every minute of every day until we run out. They can simply line artillery up on Afghanistan and Iraq and just fire thousands of rounds of heavy missiles/rockets into Iranian cities causing total disaster.

Iranians are human, not zombies. Therefore, we are not going to go around destroying an entire country. We are going to send in our troops and take the hits and take the losses because in the end no matter what anyone is going to say the U.S does take the value of life seriously.

With our compassion towards human life, the U.S is unable and incapable of occupying Iran given that not one citizen of Iran is going to welcome us inside Iran. In Iraq they cheered us and kissed our troops. Iraqis were faced with power outages, lack of food, water, school, etc. long before the war started. Iranians have the same luxuries of life that most people around the world take for granted. They are not suffering.

Occupation is only possible if the people allow it and wish for change in their country. Islam rules Iran, but Islam does not rule the people of Iran. The government might not have the popular support, but Iranians are all united now more than ever towards nuclear energy as they all believe it is their right.

I hope I gave a fair opinion. "

RE Audio
Friday, April 28, 2006 9:30 PM on j-body.org
Labotomi wrote:
-JaysonZ24- wrote:incase you guys havent heard, its been confirmed that Iran has the ability to Enrich Uranium now. Sadly thats a huge step towards making a nuclear bomb.
They have only confirmed that they can enrich uranium enough to produce fuel for a power plant (they stated 3.6 It takes over 90% enriched uranium to make a bomb.

You are exactly correct.

RE Audio
Friday, April 28, 2006 11:02 PM on j-body.org
As Lash implied, Iran is one of the most "westernized" countries in terms of their technology and items viewed as luxaries. They are in no way suffering. Sure, they don't support their government. But I assure you that with an American invasion 95% of those people who support their government and fight us. There is no way this war could be framed as Operation Iranian Liberation. Anyway, the fact remains that we have time to resolve this situation through diplomacy. It will be YEARS before Iran could even think about producing a nuclear weapon. We don't need another war that will last for years and years. We already have one quagmire accomplished, no need for another. By the way, to those that would suggest just blowing Iran to pieces...you make me sad.

On a side note, how come we haven't gone to war with North Korea yet? Don't they have nuclear weapons? And what about Pakistan. Oh, that's right we like them. One day playing Big Brother and policing the world is going to come back and bite us in the a s s.

I know...I'm a cynic.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search