GO W!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GO W!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, May 16, 2006 9:40 PM on j-body.org
Tristan: There are many people on here who believe we should open the borders, fix their country, etc etc. I understand that some believe of you believe in the same thing I do but with a small difference.

Here's my big question. How in the world do we know if an ILLEGAL resident of the U.S. has been here for 5 years or not? I mean it does kinda make sense that those who have been here longer should receive a faster opportunity to gain citizenship. But how can people figure out if I've only been here for 5 days or 5 years. I mean will they go to companies who have employed illegals to find out how long they've been working for? What about illegals who are migrant farmers or are always changing their jobs? Not to mention those using false social security numbers? I'm confused about this.

Another question is WHY THE F*CK are they protesting? Bush has basically comprimised and found an even ground. We make sure no more illegals come in and those who are in won't be deported and will have a shot at becoming a U.S citizen and having a "fair shot". IE paying into healthcare, social security, taxes, etc etc. How does this not make sense? How is this unfair to the illegals?

"welcome to the most expensive hobby ever..."

Friday, May 19, 2006 9:14 PM on j-body.org
I agree with protecting the border, but would also like to see more legal immigrations allowed from Mexico. Let's be blunt, every American (that isn't Indian) can trace their ancestry to another country. The problem isn't Mexicans, it's that they are here illegally and have to stay "off the radar". If they were legit, they could vote, send their kids to school, get "real" jobs, etc, etc. Bussing in workers and taking them back to Mexico isn't a real solution, it's a band-aid.

Also, no one has addressed that because they're illegal they can't travel as easily within the US as the rest of us. How many illegals would move to other areas if they could buy a plane ticket? We have a big country, there's room for more people away from the US/Mexican border. I live in Ohio, and once you get away from Cleveland, Cincinnatti and Toledo it's pretty much open fields and farms. I'm sure Portage County could accept a few thousand immigrants and start a new city. And that's just one rural county, imagine if every state did that. There would be a huge boost to the national economy. That's much more important than having cheap labor to pick veggies, don't you think?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:39 PM on j-body.org
I think the Mexican population reproduces very quickly...
that's the problem in Mexico. Mexico needs population control and their government sucks ass
rich people will be rich for ever. and poor people will always be poor. poor people should not have kids or no more than one kid
but...nooooooooooooooooo they wanna have at least 3 or 4

Saturday, May 20, 2006 1:52 PM on j-body.org
Jace Evo2 wrote:Honestly, I feel for all of the immigrants that want to come over here to our country. But they need to do it legally, not sneak over. I heard a report on CNN the other day that the Border Patrol was doing a routine sweep the other night when alien traffickers attacked them with grenades and full auto weapons. That's rediculous. If that is how the traffickers are going to play, then military is the right way to go.

Until you try and gain work legally in the USA as a foreigner, you have no clue as to how maddeningly stupid the immgration laws are.

Basically, you can't legally work in the USA without a Work Visa.

If you want a work visa, you need to have a company sponsor you for a set amount of time, in order to get sponsored, you need to have an employment contract or a work contract signed.

During the time that you are in the USA, you must pay US non-resident employment taxes (Which are 20-30% HIGHER than your normal income taxes), and you are not legally entitled to anything you would get as a permanent resident or citizen.

In order to gain permanent resident status, you must pass background checks in your former countries of residence (which is difficult if it's not a western country, and there are NO exceptions other than embargoed countries and if you are claiming refugee/asylum status) which typically cost between $100-$500 per country. While you are doing this, if your work visa expires, you cannot apply for an extension while you are resident in the US, and you may not also, stay in the country on another type of visa unless you are claiming refugee or asylum status.

So: in order to get permanent residency (which takes about 2-3 years of residence) you have to burn through 6-8 work visa's and pay for the background checks, or, stay on a tourist/educational visa, or, stay and work illegally.

Working legally in the US is not only a serious pain in the ass if you are not a citizen or permanent resident, it's also an exercise in red-tape futility.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, May 20, 2006 3:00 PM on j-body.org
so... in other words. bend over and take it up the ass

Sunday, May 21, 2006 8:44 AM on j-body.org
while we pay for it

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, May 21, 2006 1:28 PM on j-body.org
Pay for it ?

Matt, did you miss the part where you lose 30% more of your pay, and you cannot reclaim it at tax time? I made less than 50% of the money of my collegues, and that all went to taxes. No one in the US paid for the paper I had to fill out and get processed.

Sunday, May 21, 2006 6:08 PM on j-body.org
A big earthquake with the Strength of 8.1 on the Richter scale has hit Mexico.

Two million Mexicans have died and over a million are injured. The
country is totally ruined and the government doesn't know where to
start with providing help to rebuild..

The rest of the world is in shock.

Canadians sending troopers to help the Mexican army control the riots.

Saudi Arabiais sending oil.

Other Latin American countries are sending supplies.

The European community (except France) is sending food and Money.

The United States, not to be outdone, is sending two million
replacement Mexicans.

God Bless America!!

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, May 22, 2006 12:03 PM on j-body.org
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ That was funny !! Sick, but funny as hell.

And the National Gaurd is ment to gaurd our nation so its about damn time they get used for what they were intended for.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006 12:32 PM on j-body.org
Instead of sending troops to the border, I say we send Chuck Norris. Let's put the legend to the test. If what they say is true, illegals will run away in fear. Thousands of jobs will open up for our unemployed citizens, funding for the border patrol can be diverted into other areas, we can get what we ordered in the drive thru, thus making the world right again.

And then I wake up.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:24 AM on j-body.org
GAM: Stay in Canada then.

Red tape sucks. And yes if you come here on a work visa and try to gain residency, it will cost quite a bit of money and time.

I'm also willing to bet if I decided to move to Ireland and become a legal citizen of Ireland it would take some time and also some money. Perhaps not as much time/money as coming here but i'm sure every country has their process.

If this country bends you over when you try to come here, then wel.... don't come here. If mexican's can't afford to come here legally... or any other foreigner for that matter, then well.... don't come here.

Oh and GAM: A small side note. Perhaps it takes so long for residency and it costs an exorbitant (sp?) amount in fees and taxes to come here because there are so many illegals that cross the border and cost the US money.

If we managed to eliminate all the illegal aliens in this country, I'm willing to bet that you will see a decrease in the amount of time it takes to become a citizen and perhaps less money.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:41 AM on j-body.org
The final point was a good one.

Yes, every country has its process and I believe it is much more difficult if you are coming from a Western nation. IE: it's harder to get into the US as a Canadian than it is for a Bangladeshi. Same goes for Canada, refugees have a much easier time than people coming from wealthier nations.

PAX
Thursday, May 25, 2006 10:13 PM on j-body.org
uecavboy wrote:GAM: Stay in Canada then.

Red tape sucks. And yes if you come here on a work visa and try to gain residency, it will cost quite a bit of money and time.

Look up protectionist immigration acts.

uecavboy wrote:
I'm also willing to bet if I decided to move to Ireland and become a legal citizen of Ireland it would take some time and also some money. Perhaps not as much time/money as coming here but i'm sure every country has their process.

Here's the problem: I didn't want to become a Citizen. I wanted to be able to sign a lease on a house/apt long enough to complete my work. That's called Residency. It means I would get a SSN for taxation purposes, but I would be denied any other benefits a Citizen would get. It would also mean that I could leave the country and return without having to get a new work visa issued (more on that in a bit).

As far as Ireland goes, good luck. http://www.migrationinformation.org/Profiles/display.cfm?id=260 Look at the last entry under Emerging Emigration policies. If you want to live and work there, you need to have the right documentation... the only way to get in is to either fly or boat in.. I don't recommend swimming.

uecavboy wrote:
If this country bends you over when you try to come here, then wel.... don't come here.

I hope you don't have your heart set on going to, and living in Ireland any time soon. Your logic is applied in force there.

The thing that is absurd about the US Immigration policy is that it's meant to keep people that are not tourists out. If my skills were not needed, I wouldn't have bothered, it's of no benefit to me to work in the US and get taxed in the US and Canada.

uecavboy wrote:If mexican's can't afford to come here legally... or any other foreigner for that matter, then well.... don't come here.

You don't seem to understand, I hope you're kept ignorant.

Look, the money part is the PITA because for what it would have cost me to hire an immigration lawyer, wait and see if a tribunal (that is appointed and generally lay about the real immigration processes) will hear my complaint, and then if my complaint comes out successful to have to wait even more time to get a residence visa and or work visa, I'd have already lost pretty much all my salary (which was about $65,000) and 18 months of work-time. That's utterly not acceptable.

uecavboy wrote:
Oh and GAM: A small side note. Perhaps it takes so long for residency and it costs an exorbitant (sp?) amount in fees and taxes to come here because there are so many illegals that cross the border and cost the US money.

So, in other words, burden the people that are trying to do it legally? Are catching a hint of the futility?

To answer your question in the bluntest manner possible: No. People that want to work in the US and live and pay taxes there while doing so are given the run-around because of myopic, ineffectual and blithely archaic immigration policies that treats everyone that is not a US citizen like an illegal immigrant.

I worked in the US legally, paid taxes on my salary in both Canada and the US, and I went through all the hoops just to get stonewalled. I did not retain an immigration lawyer's services because I was refused my work permits and residency quite literally 3 days before my work visa expired. Due to the nature of my work, and the fact that I needed to have security clearances (and any activity involving illegally working in the country and deportment basically hindered my retention of those clearances in the short term, and extension of them in the longer term) I left the country voluntarily after a hasty pack and stash job.

To make matters worse, in order for me to get a new work visa in the US I had to be a resident, and in order to be a resident, I needed a job, and in order to get a job, I needed a new work visa or sponsorship, and in order to get sponsorship, I needed to be a legal resident.

IF that makes sense to you then you're DEFINITELY not going to understand why it is SO attractive for someone to work illegally in the US.

The system is so cocked up that unless you have a very good immigration lawyer (and the disposable cash that a bottom rung computer engineer only dreams about) you're basically there for your time, and then you are OUT.

Lets be straight: I was not trying to scam work by building decks, pick fruit or other unskilled labor that Americans don't want to do. I had a 3 year contract in hand from my employer, and it was my responsibility to deal with the INS. I did not have a problem with this until I was refused a work visa because of the changes to standing (and somewhat sane) immigration rules after 9/11/01. I was not allowed to become a resident and fulfill my contractual obligations in accordance with the new rules because I was only on a 6 month work visa, and after 9/11/01 I was barred from gaining an extension because INS at the time was not giving anyone longer than 30 day work visas (just my luck that my visa ran out about 5 months before INS started re-issuing the longer term Visa), and you could not have more than 2 work visas per year without applying for residency (to keep you from taking a job away from an American citizen, ie. protectionism) or refugee status. Because I was not a refugee and I did not have time to fill out and submit the paper work for residency, I was quite literally north of the rock and south of the hard place.

uecavboy wrote:
If we managed to eliminate all the illegal aliens in this country, I'm willing to bet that you will see a decrease in the amount of time it takes to become a citizen and perhaps less money.

If you managed to make it a little easier for migrant journeymen workers to work LEGALLY in the country, you wouldn't see the problem to begin with. Take the incentive of working under the table away from people, and they'll want to be above board and legal.

Didn't your mom ever tell you it's easier to catch flies with honey than it is with vinegar?

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:41 PM on j-body.org
GAM: You proved something I said right.... Which is this. Every country has immigration rules. Look at IRELAND! Unlike the U.S, if a child is born in the U.S. who's parents are not legal citizens, that child is not a citizen. We're less strict than ireland when it comes to legally entering this country. Yet Ireland isn't under extreme heat for their rules.

I never said that all the red tape is a wonderful thing. Hell, I hate red-tape myself, anything with the government takes forever because of all the checks and balances... which never seem to check and balance themselves. What I am saying is PERHAPS it is like that because we have so many illegals in this country as it is. Perhaps there's so much red tape because the government feels with all the illegals coming in, quickly bringing in LEGAL immigrants would cause even more strain. Perhaps work visas are a PITA due to the same reason. I'm not saying that it's correct or true or whatever. I'm just saying that MAYBE if we can control the illegals we can have room to shorten/speed up, the process of gaining a work visa/ citizenship. Which is a MAYBE that i'd be willing to test out.

What I'm trying to say is you should be outraged at these people who step over the entire process you have been trying to go through, then march down the street and protest for amnesty.

Here's another analogie i'm sure people will say "oh man that's like @!#$ comparing apples and oranges".

Your in a grocery store, the line is LOOOOONG. You stand in line, single file.. waiting. All of a sudden you see some dude cut like 15 people in front of you and get checked out. So you're kind of eerked, but whatever, you're going to be the better person and do what is morally right, which is to stand in line and wait your turn. Five minutes later you're near the front. Then BOOM, 20 people just cut in front of you. Angry? I'd be willing to bet so. Because here you are, someone trying to do the right thing, legality has nothing to do with it....morally, waiting your turn is the right thing.

Now lets say that you're just a bystander. Already got your groceries just checkin your list makin sure you got everything on it. You start watching this episode unfold in the checkout line. And you think it's @!#$ up as well that these people are cutting in front of you but hell, you are out of the line so what's the big deal. THEN all these people who budged in the line have all stolen food. They all say how they can't afford the food and they have kids at home starving. The manager comes out and is thinking about just letting them leave with the stolen food. NOW, being a bystander, you are pissed. Here you are, just legally purchased all your food, you're not the richest person in the world and resorted to coupons and rolling coins to afford your groceries. The thought of people getting the same thing for free would piss you off wouldn't it? Here you are, paying for everything you have, because it was morally and LEGALLY the right thing to do. But hell, i guess some people deserve to just steal the food because their more broke then you are right?

This is not apples and oranges. The situation above and the situation that is being debated are both situations that deal with both MORALS, and the LAW. Illegals aren't obeying EITHER.

GAM: I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time trying to legally be in america and work. I feel bad that you get the crap taxed outta you for trying to do the US a favor. But how can you be on the side of illegal aliens? These are people who spit on everything you did and just jump right over you like you havn't payed any dues.

Friday, May 26, 2006 3:22 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]you mean "moot" i think

In one way it's good to see the national guard finally guarding the nation itself rather than guarding the intrests of some political chumpstain.C'mon keeper - I thought you where better than that. While its true that they are guarding the nation I suppose, their real mission is to guard the next election. I doubt there are enough soldiers there to make a meaningful difference in border security, but there are enough there to make it look like politicians are doing something about border security. But of course that is the real reason they are there anyways.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Friday, May 26, 2006 6:18 AM on j-body.org
I can understand where Gamis coming from. A good friend of mine came to the US from Canada to become a teacher and after graduating he stayed here to work at a local school. He attended college here in the States, and had the student visa, got a work visa after school, and after 9/11 when his visa expired, he was denied renewal. He's still here in the States, he actually was engaged at the time, to a girl he met in college, and they had to get married 3 months earlier than planned so he could stay here. None of it made sense to me since he wasn't a criminal, he had a contract with the school, no criminal record, and hell, he was from Canada for gods sake.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 7:04 PM on j-body.org
uecavboy wrote:GAM: You proved something I said right.... Which is this. Every country has immigration rules. Look at IRELAND! Unlike the U.S, if a child is born in the U.S. who's parents are not legal citizens, that child is not a citizen. We're less strict than ireland when it comes to legally entering this country. Yet Ireland isn't under extreme heat for their rules.
I think if you read the article I posted from, Ireland has needlessly tight immigration restrictions for an island nation, it's not like there's a gigantic border to defend or anything.

Quote:

Perhaps there's so much red tape because the government feels with all the illegals coming in, quickly bringing in LEGAL immigrants would cause even more strain. Perhaps work visas are a PITA due to the same reason. I'm not saying that it's correct or true or whatever. I'm just saying that MAYBE if we can control the illegals we can have room to shorten/speed up, the process of gaining a work visa/ citizenship. Which is a MAYBE that i'd be willing to test out.

It doesn't track though.. make it harder for people that want to work legally in the US to work legally? That's back-asswards logic... The people that want to be in the US legally are trying to be above board, why make it harder?

Quote:

What I'm trying to say is you should be outraged at these people who step over the entire process you have been trying to go through, then march down the street and protest for amnesty.

Outraged? Not really, I can sympathise. It's a horrendous pain in the ass to get into the US and work legally. Couple that with the barest of education and usually a family at home to look after... I can't rightly blame them for doing the illegal thing. Should they try to do it legally, of course. I don't honestly know of anyone that is going to take an illegal path when the legal path is at least as direct and keeps you out of trouble... The problem is that good intentions and red-tape really take a back seat when your kids and wife are starving. All the legalities in the world are nothing compared to a screaming child... or so I'm told.

Quote:

<snip>But hell, i guess some people deserve to just steal the food because their more broke then you are right?
No, no-one is entitled to thievery or what not, and I never said that. I guess I'm trying to impress upon is that while it is illegal, I don't hold it against them that they are born poor and have to go somewhere else to try and make money to make a better life.

Quote:

This is not apples and oranges. The situation above and the situation that is being debated are both situations that deal with both MORALS, and the LAW. Illegals aren't obeying EITHER.

Again, morals are fine and dandy until you have a family that will not last without food, water, shelter and clothes. It gets a lot harder to hold on to them when you have that kind of drag.

Quote:

GAM: I'm sorry that you've had such a difficult time trying to legally be in america and work. I feel bad that you get the crap taxed outta you for trying to do the US a favor. But how can you be on the side of illegal aliens? These are people who spit on everything you did and just jump right over you like you havn't payed any dues.

I wouldn't feel TOO sorry for me. I didn't enjoy my job, and with getting double-fisted with taxes, I didn't make any serious amount of money, but I didn't lose any either.

And I never said I sided with them. Completely on the other hand: I think it's wrong what they're doing. However on the other hand, there are a lot better ways to deal with illegal immigration than what's been done up until now (ie pseudo-european post WWII reconstruction Journeyman worker projects).

Make it:
- More attractive for an employer to hire/contract with a LEGAL worker (ie, tax breaks per legal worker and citizen)
- Less attractive for an employer to hire an ILLEGAL worker (ie, heavy fines, criminal prosecution, pop inspections)
- More attractive for an immigrant to work legally in the US (ie, Taxation, legalised ownership/operation of a vehicle, access to healthcare)
- Less attractive for an immigrant to work illegally in the US (ie deportation, criminal charges and extradition to country of citizenship for further offences, imposing fines upon the country of citizeship per illegal immigrant and a registry of each deportee).

Again, I don't think any of these will happen because it wouldn't play well but would more than likely put a serious dent in the problem.

Monday, June 05, 2006 1:45 PM on j-body.org
[quote=GAM (The Kilted One)
uecavboy wrote:

So, in other words, burden the people that are trying to do it legally? Are catching a hint of the futility?

So the point of your last sentence was to get legal U.S. citizens to be burdened at the expense of the immigrants, legal and illegal? Isn't it the fault of the illegals that decides the burdens of the future legals or possible future legal applicants?

If the application system for citizenship is so hard, then why have then been many succesful applicants? My point is that the illegals are taking the easy, and illegal way out. For the amount of money that many spend on body traffickers, it could be turned towards becoming a legal American citizen. For everyone that says that the citizens of Mexico have it so bad that they should be allowed in our country illegally, while not paying the dues that us Americans have to pay, well that is retarded.

GAM, I understood the tax increase that you were talking about when you had your temp residency title. But sometimes people need to pay a little more to be able to join something better than where they live in. (Lol no offense to Canada by the way. My ex-gf lives there.) But I'm just sick and tired of everyone acting like it is our duty to take in and take care of so many people from other countries while we have problems already with citizens from the U.S.

Do it legally or don't come over. Period.

ShiftyCav wrote:thats probably the dumbest thing i have ever heard. you should take that serpentine belt and wrap it around your neck.

Monday, June 05, 2006 5:38 PM on j-body.org
I might pissed people off but I still think its all about having too many kids.

If poor people have kids, later when they get older, this kids will cross the
border, work, and wire money back home to feed their parents.

I think I am 100% sure that the illegal immigrants had a bad @!#$ up childhood
because their parents were poor, are poor and will always be poor.

That's why I think poor people in Mexico should not have kids but there's no way to stop it.
Or maybe poor people should have no more than one kid.
maybe father's Day is the most confusing holiday because no one knows who their daddy is. Daddy Yankee?

Am I right? or Am I Right?

poor people in Mexico, Guatemala or any country-
having more than 2 kids should be a crime.
Money pays the bills, NOT Love

Monday, June 05, 2006 10:49 PM on j-body.org
Jace: Before you hit post, you might want to try preview so you don't end up with a disjointed quote

Jace Evo2 wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
uecavboy wrote:

So the point of your last sentence was to get legal U.S. citizens to be burdened at the expense of the immigrants, legal and illegal? Isn't it the fault of the illegals that decides the burdens of the future legals or possible future legal applicants?

I wasn't assigning blame on anyone. I just think that it's a futile gesture to make it harder for people that want to do it legally.
Quote:

If the application system for citizenship is so hard, then why have then been many succesful applicants? My point is that the illegals are taking the easy, and illegal way out. For the amount of money that many spend on body traffickers, it could be turned towards becoming a legal American citizen. For everyone that says that the citizens of Mexico have it so bad that they should be allowed in our country illegally, while not paying the dues that us Americans have to pay, well that is retarded.

I think the same thing precisely. The reason that in my particular case things got absurdly complex is because:
1: I was on a work visa,
2: I wanted to flip that into a permanent residence application
3: September 11, 2001. (I was in Canada at the time as I was in between contracts in the US)

It also got a LOT MORE complex in the wake of 9/11/01 because the immigration rules, laws, guidelines and tarriffs were in huge flux. If I wanted to become a citizen, I could do it (and retain Canadian Citizenship), and that would be a lot easier, but I had planned on working for a short term (3 years) in the US, and then going back home. After 9/11/01, that wasn't really possible as all work visa's were being examined and renewal was suspended in lieu of investigation. I didn't have time to complete my contract and I couldn't stay in the US and work (best I could get was a travel visa)... Due to extrordinary circumstances, Compaq anulled my contract and paid me out my standard pay plus what I had coming to me for the contract work done. Like I said, I'm a little pissed I didn't get to finish the projects I was working on, but I didn't fare badly either.

What I did say is that I can see where the illegals are coming from. If you could work under the table, I know most would... No one enjoys paying income tax. If you can sidestep the red tape, why not?

I don't buy into it for a minute, though.

Quote:

GAM, I understood the tax increase that you were talking about when you had your temp residency title. But sometimes people need to pay a little more to be able to join something better than where they live in. (Lol no offense to Canada by the way. My ex-gf lives there.) But I'm just sick and tired of everyone acting like it is our duty to take in and take care of so many people from other countries while we have problems already with citizens from the U.S.

I didn't say it was at all your responsibility as an American to shoulder that burden. Not at all. I was saying that it would be infinitely more productive to create a journeyman work visa or have a guest-worker programme or something similar in order to cut down on the amount of illegals working... I also said that it would be useful to make it less attractive to US buisnesses to hire illegals. Nothing would cut down on the amount of illegals like souring the well.

Quote:

Do it legally or don't come over. Period.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Well, you can always say that any business owner, board, and CEO that is caught hiring on illegal immigrants does 10 years at GITMO or some other equally dismal blue-collar prison, rather than Club Fed.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:17 AM on j-body.org
Here's something I read on the Internet about Mexico's wonderful immigration laws.

Mexico, makes sure that visitors and immigrants are:

* in the country legally
* have the means to sustain themselves economically
* not destined to be burdens on society
* of economic and social benefit to society
* of good character and have no criminal records; and
& contributors to the general well-being of the nation

The law also ensures that:
* immigration authorities have a record of each foreign visitor
* foreign visitors do not violate their visa status
* foreign visitors are banned from interfering in the country's internal politics
* foreign visitors who enter under false pretenses are imprisoned or deported
* foreign visitors violating the terms of their entry are imprisoned or deported
* those who aid in illegal immigration will be sent to prison

"If the United states adopted such statues, Mexico no doubt would denounce it as a
manifestation of American racism and bigotry"

I believe the article is right.

www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/mexicos_immigration_law.pdf

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:52 AM on j-body.org
BAH ! Throw em all back !

YEAH !!! The troops are there to protect the boarders ! I just wonder how many Mexicans will try to cross the boarder with armed troops on standby watching.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:53 PM on j-body.org
I was watching the news, and According to the president,
He does not approve Amnesty (official pardon, general pardon, forgiveness) to illegal immigrants because they broke the law of the United States.
The Traditional way is that in order to become a U.S Citizen you most file and wait in line.
If he gives citizenship to the illegal immigrants, the illegal immigrants will bring people over, and they will want citizenship too.
Because its an honor to be a U.S citizen.

"United States is the land of Opportunities"

He also said that the problem in Mexico is that they need to work on their education and that's something Mexico needs to fix a.s.a.p.
(Maybe that's why there's so much corruption)
Education can be expensive. That's why I think if they can not afford to educate one child, they should not have any.
Or maybe just one child and that's it.
That's the heart of the problem.
Illegal immigration comes from inexperienced, unskillful, uneducated parents.
how can they come legal if they can't read or write?
If they can't read spanish, how can they learn English?

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:36 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:YEAH !!! The troops are there to protect the boarders ! I just wonder how many Mexicans will try to cross the boarder with armed troops on standby watching.

Until the first one gets "accidently" shot, then they'll turn back.

Here's how to end illegal border crossings. Detain all illegals for 1 year in a compound in Alaska. Then after their trial, send them home to Mexico, where they will tell everyone about the wonderful cold and snow.

Would you risk trying to cross illegally if you knew that was going to happen to you?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search