Some things just piss you off... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Some things just piss you off...
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:19 AM on j-body.org
http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/25/D8HQP7F82.html
breitbart.com wrote:A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.
Just answer me one question. Just one simple question...

WHO, besides this bleeding heart judge, really gives a rat's ass if a convicted child molester will survive his prison sentence?

Discuss.

duaLife insisted I include the following disclaimer: "rat's ass" in the above question implies no affiliation whatsoever with RatZero, ratzero.com, Canada, hockey or Mr. Poofers. I apologize for any misunderstanding, invonvenience or heart problems this may have caused.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Re: Some things just piss you off...
Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:39 AM on j-body.org
Holy crap!! Thats horrible!! What about the fact that this 5'1" guy is bigger then the kids he hurt ? Guess they don't matter tho huh ?

This is a first rate example of way the parents of the victim should be able to have at the guy. I can only hope that some nice vigilante justice gets served to this guy. This is sickening!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Hmmm she worried about him in prision. IMO Child Molestation should be punishable by death, so prision shouldnt be an issue.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:18 AM on j-body.org
it's for ther same reason we have white collar prisons.

See for me it doesn't matter if you're an enron exec, pedophile, or a mass murderor--they all have one thing in common. they're criminals.

so, lock them up in the same prison--if you ask me.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 11:26 AM on j-body.org
unreal

Thursday, May 25, 2006 12:24 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

unreal

I know people who have gotten harsher punishment for to many speeding tickets.

Thursday, May 25, 2006 2:23 PM on j-body.org
Before I pass any sort of judgement on the sentance, I want to know the age of the "child"......there is a WORLD of difference between an 8 or 10 year old (feed the prick to the hogs), and somebody a couple of weeks shy of some so-called "legal" transition from child to adult.

17 or 20 and 10 or 11 months (depending on the local customs) is no child. Maybee to lawyers, but not to anybody with any common sense.

Rice.....Part of a balanced Pontiac diet.
Thursday, May 25, 2006 4:55 PM on j-body.org
A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.

only in America.

man, no wonder why everyone wants to come here

Thursday, May 25, 2006 7:30 PM on j-body.org
I saw that on MSN today and i was just disgusted with the judges decision.

And this statement pissed me off the most..

Quote:

His crimes deserved a long sentence, District Judge Kristine Cecava said, but she worried that Richard W. Thompson, 50, would be especially imperiled by prison dangers.

"You are a sex offender, and you did it to a child," she said.

But, she said, "That doesn't make you a hunter. You do not fit in that category."

First of all, who gives a @!#$. An eye for an eye in my book.

Second of all, IT DOES MAKE HIM A HUNTER! HE DOES FIT INTO THAT @!#$ CATAGORY

Thursday, May 25, 2006 9:27 PM on j-body.org
^^^ First, an eye for an eye will lead to everyone going blind.
Second, you don't have full posession of the facts of the case, don't jump to conclusions... The guy could be mentally unbalanced to begin with, being 5'1", and absent of any other information of the defendant, I would suspect there is also physical deformity.

Before you rush to judge someone's learned decision based on 9 whole sentences, I'd spend a bit more time researching the case.

http://www2.csc.edu/eyh/speaker/speaker2000.asp
Quote:

Her professional involvement has included the Nebraska Commission for the Protection of Children...

I seriously do not think that a person that has been involved in this kind of a Gov't Organisation would let a predatory child molester off.

On top of that: There was 2 counts, and from my experience, it's most likely from one incident.

I haven't been able to look up the public record of Thompson's conviction.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, May 26, 2006 6:42 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:

I seriously do not think that a person that has been involved in this kind of a Gov't Organisation would let a predatory child molester off.

I think that's exactly what happened.

Friday, May 26, 2006 7:00 AM on j-body.org
Although I agree with Gam's point of view, it seems odd that he gets probation due to fear that he would not survive prison. Here's something to consider. Murderers, bank robbers, money launderers, gangsters, drug dealers, although have done some really wrong things, still won't tolerate one particular crime: Sexually assaulting a child. And if it's a man of God that commited the crime, that's even worse. Yet priests convicted of the very same crime still serve prison sentences. Cops convicted of a crime, still serve prison sentences. Two types of people serving a prison sentence, that it's like putting a bleeding pig in a shark tank. But they still go to prison, albeit they are often segregated from general population. I'd like to know the whole background to see what makes this guy so different that he gets probation.

Friday, May 26, 2006 8:58 AM on j-body.org
Read the ltest story on MSN about the debate it has sparked. Out of 17000 Peple who have voted so far 97% disagree with her descion. The only people supporting her is some group that is made up of short people. even the ACLU is confused by this.

If your not gunna put him in jail for 10 years than put him on house arrest. Thats where she made a mistake. Her excuse was that she feared for his saftey. Fine, dont put him jail, but put an ankle bracelet on him and make him stay in his house for 10 years. Not 4 months.

Also the girl he molested was 12. And it did in fact happen TWICE. Im sorry but i dont give a @!#$ that you feel he is to small to survive in prison. It didnt stop him from molesting that girl.

Friday, May 26, 2006 11:21 AM on j-body.org
If the ACLU looks at this and goes "what the fu-k?" then you KNOW something is waaay wrong! Gam this guy needs his dick ripped off at the roots! Ef being all pussy footed about this he destroyed that childs life! And all he gets is a "Bad boy don't do that again" from some bleeding heart POS judge?? BS too! If I lived anywhere near this freak I'd make damn sure it would be for long. And NO I wouldn't move either so I hope you catch my drift.

We HAD a registed child sex offender liveing down the street from us and when the neighborhood found out it was made painfully clear that he was not welcome and he did move. True he did have car troubles such as flat tires and busted glass and colorful words spray painted on it but hey those things happen. Hell when he'd call the cops to report the stuff they came out and told him point blank they did not care and to stop bothering them that if he didn't like the area, MOVE. 2 months later he did. Do I feel bad? EF NO! I'm glad the freak is gone!

We've had other issues with these type of ass nugets like the time one of my neighbors came and told me some guy was following my kids while they were bike rideing around the block. We called the cops and about 8 of em showed up. They cuffed the guy and and let me have a talk with him. Yes I only talked to him but even the cops said if he came back to make sure he was dead before we called them and it would officialy rulled an accident no matter what we did. And yes the cops said that to me in front of the guy. They removed the plates from his car and impounded it as stolen and I was told not to worry that he would never get it back. They made him walk out of the area and followed him till he got on a bus.

These ass nugets have NO PLACE in socioty at all and I believe as adults we have a responcibility to make sure they know it one way or another. We need to defend our children at any and all costs and if that means I'd have to go to prison for killing one of these ass hats so that my kids or anyone elses kids never has to worry about being molestid then lock my ass up cause I sure as sh-t will not hesitate.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:04 PM on j-body.org
She probably molestered kids too.

Anyone who would defend this guy on any grounds is probably a child molestor.

Friday, May 26, 2006 10:55 PM on j-body.org
If what I've read about this guy is correct, he has a low functioning IQ (IIRC 73... I know he wasn't listed on NCIC until he was charged formally) to go along with the shortness. I'm not defending his actions, but the judge made her decision with all the facts presented and weighed them against the available penal options. You may want a pound of flesh, but the mob doesn't get to decide things like making the punishment fit the crime. This is one of the cases where I think it's a good thing...

Rosario: 2 separate occasions? I have yet to read this... 2 separate charges? That's on the books.

Jack: You know what's funny? Once the pardon process is completed, you'll never know. And Vigilante's arise from people that are too afraid to do the right thing (ie. protect their kids like a parent) and do the wrong thing (ie. damage property like a vandal).

Saturday, May 27, 2006 5:56 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

Jack: You know what's funny? Once the pardon process is completed, you'll never know. And Vigilante's arise from people that are too afraid to do the right thing (ie. protect their kids like a parent) and do the wrong thing (ie. damage property like a vandal).

Protect there kids...what are they supposed to do? Keep them locked in the house 24/7?
MSN.COM wrote:
Thompson had sexual contact over a couple of months last year with a 12-year-old girl, said Sidney Police Chief Larry Cox. He was sentenced on two felony sexual assault charges.

The artical i read yesterday is now gone. However this tells the same story. Over a couple months. It was on going.

Nothing has been said about his IQ and there are plenty of things you could do about it if he was mental. Either way 10 year probation is not the answer. Like i said, 10 years house arrest would have kept him out of danger, correct? I mean am i wrong?

Saturday, May 27, 2006 7:11 AM on j-body.org
Samething happened in Virginia a couple of months back some sick twisted freak molisted a kid for 3 or 5 years and they said becuase the child was to young to remember they gave him probation instead of jail time. We have messed up judges coming to us. sad thing is we vote for these people into these offices.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:25 AM on j-body.org
03silverecocav (Gabe) wrote:Samething happened in Virginia a couple of months back some sick twisted freak molisted a kid for 3 or 5 years and they said becuase the child was to young to remember they gave him probation instead of jail time. We have messed up judges coming to us. sad thing is we vote for these people into these offices.

That's total bull @!#$. Look, I've been taking a ton of classes for my criminal justice degree and that's been disproved time and again. Rape victims have been shown to have the ability to suppress the memory of the trauma, only to recall it later in life, and children have the same ability t odisconnect themselves from the reality of being abused. They may be well into adulthood and never have any memory of what happened, only to have it all come back to them in flash backs and nightmares. Once this happens, it can have lasting, detrimental effects on their every day lives. And let's not forget that many children who are abused commit the very same crimes later in life. And even if they don't go down that path, there are still mental side effects that can prevent them from leading a normal life.

I'm not making excuses here, I'm just pointing out something this judge apparently has failed to realize. Not only did she essentially let a sex offender walk, but this man has potentially created yet another sexual predator.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 9:31 AM on j-body.org
Commit a crime, pay the price, @!#$ em.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 12:34 PM on j-body.org
Rosario wrote:Protect there kids...what are they supposed to do? Keep them locked in the house 24/7?

No, but maybe supervise the kids if they want to do something legal. The bigger part: how does committing felony vandalism/mischief constitute protection?

Quote:

MSN.COM wrote:
Thompson had sexual contact over a couple of months last year with a 12-year-old girl, said Sidney Police Chief Larry Cox. He was sentenced on two felony sexual assault charges.

The artical i read yesterday is now gone. However this tells the same story. Over a couple months. It was on going.

Nothing has been said about his IQ and there are plenty of things you could do about it if he was mental. Either way 10 year probation is not the answer. Like i said, 10 years house arrest would have kept him out of danger, correct? I mean am i wrong?

I'm not the judge, and I don't have the case materials, I just have what is to be made available on line as part of public records.

As far as the articles I've seen, I looked for the article on MSN, no luck... the AP story is mostly repeated:
http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20060526/lincoln_short_man_060526/20060526?hub=TopStories

Still doesn't make note of the info I've got, but I may be looking at another guy's records. I didn't search with a DOB.

Either way, there's notes that the Nebraska State Attourney General is going to appeal the case.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 1:00 PM on j-body.org
Give me the guy's info and I can probably find what you want. I have accsess to search engines that the public can't access.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 2:43 PM on j-body.org
Personally I think anyone that would molest a child has a mental illness - you can't tell me a perfectly sane man or woman would be attracted to a child. However I don't think that someone's mental illness means they should not be accountable for their crimes. I think that pleading insanity is legit sometimes but that shouldn't affect sentencing much. I think they should have a prison just for the mentally disturbed criminals - rather than just putting them in a regular insane asylum. Something infinitely less cushy, something to say that you have done wrong and you will pay for it. You can make a dog understand that it has done something wrong - I don't think that even most insane people are beyond this understanding.

Now for this guy - maybe he can't survive prison. Well that's not the state's fault or the state's problem IMO. Send him to prison like everyone else. Provide him with the basic protection provided to every prisoner - no more no less. If he gets shanked, that is not the state's doing and not their problem.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Saturday, May 27, 2006 3:04 PM on j-body.org
ln2johnny wrote:Give me the guy's info and I can probably find what you want. I have accsess to search engines that the public can't access.

I seriously doubt you have the same kind of access I have...

I can get into NCIC and all state databases, but I have to justify my inquiries, I just don't feel like losing my job to prove a point

BK3K:
The problem is that he's not there to die, and that IS the state's problem if he is killed in prison (it'll get dumped on the guards, but that's another story). You serve the time repay your debt to society, but the operative idea is you come out on the other side ALIVE.

If he went to prison, he'd most certainly be kept out of General population... that's the norm with sex offenders.

Saturday, May 27, 2006 6:27 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/25/D8HQP7F82.html
breitbart.com wrote:A judge said a 5-foot-1 man convicted of sexually assaulting a child was too small to survive in prison, and gave him 10 years of probation instead.
Just answer me one question. Just one simple question...

WHO, besides this bleeding heart judge, really gives a rat's ass if a convicted child molester will survive his prison sentence?

Discuss.

duaLife insisted I include the following disclaimer: "rat's ass" in the above question implies no affiliation whatsoever with RatZero, ratzero.com, Canada, hockey or Mr. Poofers. I apologize for any misunderstanding, invonvenience or heart problems this may have caused.

I care if he survives his prison sentence... When he has done his time, I feel as though he deserves another shot at life. He wasn't sentenced to death... Then again, this is complete BS that he couldn't survive in prison. And I definitely feel this is an injustice.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search