Questions not asked... besides first one... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Questions not asked... besides first one...
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 5:12 PM on j-body.org
jbody4jc:
The enter key is your friend and mine. No whitespace makes God irate.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:51 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:It is not by works you go to Heaven, but by faith(that personal relationship with God through his son Jesus who died on the cross for your sins in which you repent and become reborn spiritually "born again", working through holy spirit) that which you are saved. The works you do are things God puts on your heart thereof. It's because of religions that many people believe works or deeds lead to salvation. But what are good works if you do not know God.

So lets take 2 theoretical people and see how your "theory" works out.
Let's say an Atheist named John is a good man helping others and tries to always do whats right but doesn't believe in any religions.
Man #2 is Joe he tends to do nothing for anybody but himself and is eventually put in jail for killing a few people but in Jail becomes a born again christian.
Now by your theory Joe has more of a chance to get into heaven than John does. Kind of @!#$ up isn't it?

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:33 AM on j-body.org
It takes both. Faith alone will not get you there. Good works alone will not get you there.

The guy who went to jail and became christian does have a slightly better chance because he has recognised the error of his ways. The first guy will I'm sure, have that opportunity after death at judgement. If at that time he still denies God (looking at him) then he's toast for sure.

It is my belief that everyone will have a shot at accepting God.

PAX
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:47 AM on j-body.org
SpikeJ, I believe man number#2 would go to heaven. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. The good man has still lived with sin, most likely in blasphemy of the holy spirit, as God says the worst sin which cannot be forgiven, and that is the sin of denial of God in that person's heart his whole life up until his day of judgement. It is also known as the sin of unbelief. Even if the man were good, God says he will judge him not on the moral standard of God himself, but by that own person's moral standard in how he lived in which not even that man could live upto.
Gam, I'm not quite sure what you mean.
Keeper, I see what you mean, so understanding you from a worldy perspective leads me to believe that someone had to teach you your belief system. You cannot teach yourself what you have not been influenced by. You may choose what you decide to believe(the influence), but it comes from somebody, or you may have been raised that way possibly, but your knowledge comes not from yourself, but of the world to help create your agenda(store of knowledge). Your agenda and my agenda start off as a conscious decision(free will), God does not treat people like robots, but allows them to choose Him or not according to what I believe. I've been in your shoes, and what I believe now, not only do I persevere in choosing God, I understand the way of your agenda. We all have been there before we have consciously chosen this new agenda as to follow Christ. It's a choice. It's yes or it's no. If you feel unsettled, I urge you, atleast open to the scriptures and read to make sure it is not for you, or maybe let it struggle within you if to look further into it. Let it stir in your heart. Don't conclude it by the words I say, your intelligence points you to look thorougly into a subject before deciding, atleast do that. <><

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:31 AM on j-body.org
J: it means that your replies are coming out in solid blocks of text that is daunting and annoying as hell to read.

If you hit enter a few times and separate your paragraphs (or concise ideas) with a spare line or 2, it'll make the response a lot less of a chore to read through. Basically, if you wrote a book report like this (or whatever... work with me here), you'd lose marks because no english teacher wants to read 2-3 pages of solid text. When you leave some room to visually breathe, it'll make the reply a lot easier to get through.

I'll show you the edited text from your last reply.

jbody4jc wrote:
SpikeJ, I believe man number#2 would go to heaven. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. The good man has still lived with sin, most likely in blasphemy of the holy spirit, as God says the worst sin which cannot be forgiven, and that is the sin of denial of God in that person's heart his whole life up until his day of judgement. It is also known as the sin of unbelief. Even if the man were good, God says he will judge him not on the moral standard of God himself, but by that own person's moral standard in how he lived in which not even that man could live upto.

Gam, I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Keeper, I see what you mean, so understanding you from a worldy perspective leads me to believe that someone had to teach you your belief system. You cannot teach yourself what you have not been influenced by. You may choose what you decide to believe(the influence), but it comes from somebody, or you may have been raised that way possibly, but your knowledge comes not from yourself, but of the world to help create your agenda(store of knowledge).

Your agenda and my agenda start off as a conscious decision(free will), God does not treat people like robots, but allows them to choose Him or not according to what I believe. I've been in your shoes, and what I believe now, not only do I persevere in choosing God, I understand the way of your agenda.

We all have been there before we have consciously chosen this new agenda as to follow Christ. It's a choice. It's yes or it's no. If you feel unsettled, I urge you, at least open to the scriptures and read to make sure it is not for you, or maybe let it struggle within you if to look further into it. Let it stir in your heart. Don't conclude it by the words I say, your intelligence points you to look thorougly into a subject before deciding, atleast do that. <><

It's a little longer, but the breaks make it easier to read. Seriously speaking, this is highschool stuff... if you want someone to take what you think seriously, give them something articulated with proper writing mechanics.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:20 PM on j-body.org
JB4JC:
It is possible to teach oneself--through experience and the way your mind is wired up on the subconious level. Whether it is God talking to you or just the way your brain's chemisty works i'm not at all about to debate (i.e. the rare cases where the environment around someone would have lead them to less than greatness but yet, they overcame and became great). One could pick up a bible and be truly inspired, and one coulb pick up a bible and find it complete horse@!#$--through pure expreience and the way their mind processes that information. The thing that makes this true is that (a) you do not have the same brain chemistry and bodily metabolism that i do--and don't share the same genetic code, and (b) you have not had the same environmental influences at given points in time. That being said, you most certainly have not seen the world through my eyes (something i wouldn't wish on most people), and you've most certainly not lived my life and experinced what i have, so you cannot logically say that you know what I think, see, and feel. Sure, you can understand, but only through parallel experience, and that's not dead-on (to wit: even though my my Mom's death affected those related to me and my greatly, none of us share the same expercince because each person affected was at different poi9nts in their life, and experienced it from a different point-of-view).

That being said, ignoring agendas for now, even me, who's a lowly human, you cannot fully fathom my agenda or what i desire, what my views are, and how I see the world. If you can't do that, how can you fathom an infinite human being?

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:15 PM on j-body.org
Keeper: you and jbody4jc are getting me and baby jesus a little peevish with the lack of whitespace.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:35 PM on j-body.org
is

this

better

for

herr

GAM

?

?

?

I believe my last post followed gramatical paragraph rules...at least it did in my mind...

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, June 08, 2006 7:12 AM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote:SpikeJ, I believe man number#2 would go to heaven. All have sinned and have fallen short of the Glory of God. The good man has still lived with sin, most likely in blasphemy of the holy spirit, as God says the worst sin which cannot be forgiven, and that is the sin of denial of God in that person's heart his whole life up until his day of judgement. It is also known as the sin of unbelief. Even if the man were good, God says he will judge him not on the moral standard of God himself, but by that own person's moral standard in how he lived in which not even that man could live upto.

Like I said it's still @!#$ up if a murderer has more of a chance getting into heaven than some one who lives a good life that does not believe in god does. Kind of ruins the whole Heaven is the greatest place notion don't it .?.

Thursday, June 08, 2006 12:41 PM on j-body.org
Heaven is a place for those people who desire to worship God.

Gam, I apologize for not being grammatically correct in word and thought structure according to the MLA style of writing handbook, but the semester is over now, it's summer time in the LBC.

Keeper, I totally undertand what you mean. But I also think a lot of people bring a lot of stuff that they conjure up in their minds to make themselves feel or believe a certain way, just as you have said about people believeing in God. It goes the same for those living for the world. Because the other day, I sat at lunch listen to people talk about a lot about a little in terms of drama and social function. I think since that is their God whether they understand to know it or not, they have chosen that for themselves. And then I thought to myself, why? I know what hard times are, a family full of drunks, half to come to know a saving grace, and the others still doing the same. It was a choice made to begin followed by an action taken afterwords. If thats what it takes to leave hard times, and a bad upbringing, I call it making a good thing out of a bad situation. In that case, no, we must not let our past influence enough to hold us back. No my testimony barely scratches the surface to some of these testimony's, for example, this dude I know lived as a foster kid in 17 different families, had a dad who was a pimp shoot his mom in the head point blank at 8 years old, dad becomes a preacher in prison, saves many, reunites with his son who asks his son to become saved all while the son has done more drugs than are known, and still becomes a great evangelist preaching to youth in prisons. Thats tough, but thats also by the power of God, he changes. God gives you what you need, what you desire, you just go to ask.

Its actually quite self rewarding to give to someone else. Trying doing it with an open concscious to God. You get nothing physically, but the feeling becomes blessed. Keep lookin out. BTW, you sound humble, God will meet you at worst and most humbling of times right where your at. <><

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:31 PM on j-body.org
Ya know, JB, we're the same, but the opposite--you found personal salvation by the acceptance of God, i did so though the rejection of God.

Trust me, i was born and raised catholic...i haven't been happer or more at pease since they day i rejected christianity and the belief of an omnipotent god and focused on the here-and now and my frame-of reference rather than a benevolent--or malevolent deity. So cracking open scripture has been done and it did noting for me.

But, if it worked for you, then God bless you and may ne not lead you astray.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Thursday, June 08, 2006 3:45 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]is

this

better

for

herr

GAM

?

?

?

I believe my last post followed gramatical paragraph rules...at least it did in my mind...

Schmartie Pantsch.

Friday, June 09, 2006 8:06 AM on j-body.org
<makes a sweeping bow>

Thanks

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search