Const Ban of Gay Marriage - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Const Ban of Gay Marriage
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:02 PM on j-body.org
That'd be great... for another thread.

But that wasn't the point.

---

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:10 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
SunfireN2o( theAnGrYCnSrvTve) wrote: I also do not believe they should be allowed to adopt. But thats another topic.

Please, start it.

Ok I'm gonna chime in here, Why on Earth shouldn't gay couples be allowed to adopt ? Should singles be allowed to ? And if not please enlighten us as to why not ? There are so so so many unwanted children in desprite need of a good loving home and parents to care for them that we shouldn't give a damn as to what they choose to do to whom behind their bedroom door ! What do you think because the kid would be with a gay couple that it would grow up gay too ? Look its already been proven that being gay is how your born, some say its a birth defect and others say its how they are (I'm not taking sides on that one!) but what would it harm a child who goes to bed hungry, if they have a bed at all, to be with 2 men or 2 women who would love and care for them ?
What do you think because they're gay they're gonna rub off on the kid ? Or make the kid watch them in bed ?
Come on man ! I think the kids need a good home more then we need to be bothered with what happens in the parents bedroom ! There are so many countless thousands of children who need love and care so give the gays as many as they want as long as they love and care for them.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Sorrrry !

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:31 PM on j-body.org
Sadly Agustin, it's difficult to even have a conversation on the topic without getting involved with discussing gay marriage. I tried my best, and I still couldn't help but add a few things.

And Jackalope, I was completely joking. You threaten me as much as my dog (and he can't even bark). I was simply continuing with the lunacy of Jeb. Since I "feel" "threatened" by you I could just shoot you. That's Jeb's idea of a good law. And come on Jackalope, we can't let them queers adopt children. They's gonna turn them hooomosexuaaaal. It's a choice gawwwdammit.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 6:54 PM on j-body.org
Just asking...........There still isnt any hard evidence to support whether being homosexual is something your born with, or a choice is there??? I thought everything was still theories.

Just wondering because I was trying to search and can't find crap from a good source.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:04 PM on j-body.org
While Sizzy and I differ on this, there's a lot of information that points to it being either.

Personally, I think that homosexuality is determined in utero, and from there manifests itself during sexual maturation. There is a degree of choice in there, but it's more akin to the choice of following your baser instincts or following societal norms.

It's a little easier to say its all about biology, but I don't think its that simple.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:36 PM on j-body.org
Thats kinda how I think it is. Even though im obviously no expert. To many people just see the black and white, I think theres a little grey in there.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:00 PM on j-body.org
Tend to think that there isn't a whole lot that is black and white.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:09 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:While Sizzy and I differ on this, there's a lot of information that points to it being either.

Personally, I think that homosexuality is determined in utero, and from there manifests itself during sexual maturation. There is a degree of choice in there, but it's more akin to the choice of following your baser instincts or following societal norms.

It's a little easier to say its all about biology, but I don't think its that simple.

I fully believe that our sexual orientation is hard-wired into our dna. No matter how long you forced me to stare at another man's hairy ass, it would never look appealing to me!

And I'm for non-religeous "civil unions" that give all the same rights/perks as marriages. The Pope is against same-sex marriages because of all the priests who would want to marry their alter boys. (CHEAP SHOT!!)

**Quick personal story regarding getting married in a catholic church.**
17 years ago this month I was married in a catholic church. Before that day, the last time I went to church was when I was baptized 21 years earlier. Father Ray informed us that even though my wife had attended church every sunday for years, we couldn't be married until I had jumped through their hoops. I went back without my future wife to speak to Father Ray, along with an envelope that contained $500 cash. Within a week we had the "certificate of approval" to get married in the mail. It's funny how fast I was able to complete months of classes without even going to one. Hypocrites, to say the least.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 8:53 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

**Quick personal story regarding getting married in a catholic church.**
17 years ago this month I was married in a catholic church. Before that day, the last time I went to church was when I was baptized 21 years earlier. Father Ray informed us that even though my wife had attended church every sunday for years, we couldn't be married until I had jumped through their hoops. I went back without my future wife to speak to Father Ray, along with an envelope that contained $500 cash. Within a week we had the "certificate of approval" to get married in the mail. It's funny how fast I was able to complete months of classes without even going to one. Hypocrites, to say the least.

Im catholic, and I know what you meen.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:12 PM on j-body.org
Classes to get married, eh?

It's not a bad idea, but I think it's flogging a dead horse. If someone tells me to go through their hoops so I can get married in their church, I'd tell them to keep the hoops and the church.

I don't have any problems at all about people discussing things (like the mundanities of chores and who does what) with the clergy, but this is common sense stuff... even still, it's worth talking about before committing. I like the idea of living together first, because it lays out the ground work.

Back on topic: I liked seeing a few of the commercials on a while ago that had 2 men talking about their spouses (Kelly and Chris), and you only found out at the end that they were all men, or the 2 women that were having it out about one cheating on the other.

They're people too. Treating a homosexual differently than other people just because they're homosexual diminishes everyone.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:42 PM on j-body.org
Being gay is primarily something that occurs during gestation. I think Gam explained it best that biology is what makes you attracted to someone of the same sex, but ultimately it is your choice to act on your desires or to follow what society dictates as the norm.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 11:23 PM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:Being gay is primarily something that occurs during gestation. I think Gam explained it best that biology is what makes you attracted to someone of the same sex, but ultimately it is your choice to act on your desires or to follow what society dictates as the norm.
Of course it is a choice... chose some harry butt-hole or a life of celibacy. That's the real choice gay people have - someone of the same sex - or a life devoid of love(and sex).

Obviously that's different if you're talking about bi-sexuals. They can choose men and/or women, and I supposed they could also choose celibacy(but why would they lol).

Now Jack you mentioned forcing a pastor etc to perform a wedding ceremony he doesn't believe in - all inside of the "house of God" that views it as sinful. First off I'm sure no one lies or does any other sinful thing in church. Next - being gay in and of itself is not sinful - its the actions associated - I don't think any of the newly weds are getting it on in the church lol.

That aside - no church would or could be forced to perform any wedding it didn't want to - straight or gay. Weddings DO NOT happen exclusively in churches. People can get married in courthouses, synagogues(if they allow it), barns - anywhere.

No Christian ritual need be involved at all. Weddings are NOT exclusively Christian despite what most of my fellow Christians tend to believe. Atheist get married too - no outrage. Pagans get married - no outrage. People get married and divorced in a matter of hours from even meeting each other - no outrage.

There is no "poor oppressed Christian" issue here. Go to China etc - there you have oppressed Christians. I'm Christian and yet I cannot get behind this BS amendment. It is pressing "Christian values" no matter how you spin it. That is NOT what America is supposed to be about - that is not why our forefathers fought and died not why many veterans have died since. Many of the first European settlers came to this land to escape just this kind oppression.(forced religious beliefs - not forced sexuality - well not most of them)

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:14 AM on j-body.org
Being Gay has been proved to be how the brain develops while the baby is still in mom. Gay men have a brain that more resembles that of a women and lesbians have a brain the resembles a mans. Yes its been proved through cat scans of the brains of adult homosexuals and even in children as young as when puberty starts.
This is why some are led to call it a birth defect but I'm not going there.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:42 AM on j-body.org
So John, you bribe a church (likely needing the money badly, Rome does not support individual perishes) and you condemn them as hypocrits (even though you initiated the action) for an OK reason. Why did you have the cerimony there. If you don't believe in Catholosm, and you believe the Perish priest to be a hypocrit, what value did they have to you?

I cannot understand how someone who has distane for the church would employ them to carry out the most important ritual of their life. It makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as I can see, you didn't believe in church or it's process and therefore the whole thing is a sham, including your marriage.

PAX
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Lou Dobbs posts a mean smackdown on cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/06/dobbs.june7/index.html

---

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:25 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:So John, you bribe a church (likely needing the money badly, Rome does not support individual perishes) and you condemn them as hypocrits (even though you initiated the action) for an OK reason. Why did you have the cerimony there. If you don't believe in Catholosm, and you believe the Perish priest to be a hypocrit, what value did they have to you?

I cannot understand how someone who has distane for the church would employ them to carry out the most important ritual of their life. It makes no sense whatsoever.

As far as I can see, you didn't believe in church or it's process and therefore the whole thing is a sham, including your marriage.

PAX

Being married in a church was important to my wife, who I have and would do anything for without hesitation. I would have been happy with a Hawaiian priest and saying our vows on a sacred volcano, but my wife wanted the church.

As far as the church being hypocrits, I offered the bribe but they didn't have to accept. If the rituals are that important, they would have refused and I would have to attend their classes. And please don't claim the church needs money, priests drive newer caddys and beemers, not the act of an impoverished institution. I know people who work at the catholic school by me, they are in no way hurting for money. I'm 100% sure that my "offering" was pocketed by Father Ray and not put into the church general fund.

As far as my marriage being a sham, it's been 17 wonderful years so far and three great kids. Statistically most people don't get to live this sham, I am a very fortunate person in that regard.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 9:34 AM on j-body.org
I was not saying the relationship was a sham, just the marriage, there's a difference to me. My g/f of 9 years and I are not married because we disagree about what marriage is. She sees it as a civil cerimony, I see it as a religious one. SHe talks about the gifts and the celebration leading me to believe she puts no value on the religious aspect what-so-ever. I cannot maryyy her, we would be entering into two different things and that is not what it's about to me. Does that mean we should not be together? Heck no, we are great together and we shall remain so for the forseeable future.

Knowing that, do you see my point?

As far as the perish in question goes, it's apparently quite different than the churches in my area, they are definately hurting and Rome will not help. The local dioscese is closing churches and selling off property in order to stay afloat. I guess it varies from area to area.

Crooked Priests must go. If I were in your shoes I'd let the decon or whoever is in charge know about it. Priests represent Christ and should not do anything Christ wouldn't do.

I'm very glad that you are happy with your wife, my point was that the ritual itself is fouled with greed and corruption and I don't understand why you would want to be part of that. It is fundamentally flawed.

I hope you have happiness with your wife until the end of your days.

PAX
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 10:41 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:Lou Dobbs posts a mean smackdown on cnn.com

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/06/06/dobbs.june7/index.html

I grant him bonus points for using the word Smarmy. Next up, I want to see him use Cockamamie, Panache, Incochate, Circumlocution and Pizzaz in the same article.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 12:37 PM on j-body.org
hahaha:

i'd look at it as two separate things:

the civil part, which is the business partnership and contracts and all that jazz (anyone who tells you that this isn't a part of marriage is a fool), and then the ceremony part.

the ceremony is what you and you s/o want out of it. she wants the ceremony and gifts, you want the religious ceremony...

Can't you do both and compromise?

At least in my court with my g/f, if we ever get that far, out biggest worry is not what we want, but convincein our freinds and relatives that they will NOT have a hand in what goes on, and this this ceremony is OUR day, and they are welcome to it if they keep their pieholes shut. If they want a ceremony that's to their liking, then maybe they should have their own marriage/matrimonial ceremony. (this comes from the fact that my aunt and her mom both want us married in a catholic church, and we both think they can squat and rotate--being that shes' non-denominational christian and i'm pagan offshoot---even thogh we were both baptized catholic.).

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Friday, June 09, 2006 11:26 AM on j-body.org
to me it jsut sounds like a easy hot button topic to get the mind off the war again

the same reason they wnat to revisit roe vs wade

Friday, June 09, 2006 12:23 PM on j-body.org
Bingo!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search