GO W!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: GO W!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, June 06, 2006 7:44 PM on j-body.org
lol. I lived in Alaska, and loved it. Although I wasnt in a prison compound.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:19 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Jackalope wrote:YEAH !!! The troops are there to protect the boarders ! I just wonder how many Mexicans will try to cross the boarder with armed troops on standby watching.

Until the first one gets "accidently" shot, then they'll turn back.

Here's how to end illegal border crossings. Detain all illegals for 1 year in a compound in Alaska. Then after their trial, send them home to Mexico, where they will tell everyone about the wonderful cold and snow.

Would you risk trying to cross illegally if you knew that was going to happen to you?

Are you willing to finance it, John? That's a LONG drive/flight.

If an illegal got shot, there would be many hackles raised and whoever did the shooting would be left twisting in the wind. As far as the NG protecting the borders, I'm still not clear on how that squares with the Posse Commitatus.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006 9:51 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Are you willing to finance it, John? That's a LONG drive/flight.

If an illegal got shot, there would be many hackles raised and whoever did the shooting would be left twisting in the wind. As far as the NG protecting the borders, I'm still not clear on how that squares with the Posse Commitatus.

You'd only have to send a few groups to Alaska. Like speeding through a construction zone, the penalty is harsh enough to not risk it even if they don't catch everyone.

As far as the national guard accidently shooting someone, that was meant as a wise-crack about their history. I'm from Cleveland, near Kent State, and every year they have memorials and weeks of radio play about the shootings by the national guard. It's drummed into us buckeyes that the national guard is an inept group of trigger-happy glorified paint ballers looking for their first notch in their belts. My mistake, regional error.

I thought Posse Comitatus was to prevent the military from enforcing civilian law, which wouldn't be relevant since these aren't US civilians, nor is this a law regarding US citizens. They're not proposing using tanks in LA to control gangs.

[sarcasm alert]
Gam, you're not worried that they're going to patrol the Canadian border, are you? Sheesh, you're not still grumpy about that immigration nightmare you went through and planning an "illegal run" of your own? I'm getting a mental pic of Mel Gibson in two-toned face paint (ala Braveheart), sword raised screaming "freedooooooom" as he goes over Niagra Falls in a barrel...
[end sarcasm]

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 4:54 AM on j-body.org
The only blue die available to Scots at that time was so terribly toxic they wouldn't have to wait for the English to kill them, they'd have died from poisoning. The blue face paint in that movie is BS, along with quite a few other things. Anyway...

How could anyone forget what happened at Kent State when Neil Young's song "Ohio" is so great?

"Tin Soldiers and Nixon comin', we're finally on our own, this summer I hear the drummin', four dead in Ohio"

PAX
Wednesday, June 07, 2006 7:47 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha: Celts used Limedust mud to paint their faces and sculpt their hair. And why is it that it took a Canadian from Manitoba to make the song that really immortalized the event?

John: I think Posse Comitatus prevents the enforcement of all civillian laws (including immigration, it hasn't got anything to do with the military in any case) in the absence of a Gubernatorial activation or act of congress. I do not know for certain if it applies to the Nat'l Guard.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Lime dust is white, not blue. For the second question.. Because we rock, and we care more about our heritage than many, including Scots. It seems to me that people from the UK are surrounded by so much history that they ignore it. We see very little over 200 years old and are therefore intrigued by it.

PAX
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search