Metric System? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Metric System?
Saturday, June 10, 2006 4:34 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Ha ha ha .. It's not Germany.. Don't you think it would be all over cars forums if you were actually allowed to drive 100 MPH in Canada?

PAX

Wait... you mean you can't?

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006 10:48 AM on j-body.org
Metric system?

Yes, please!

Case in point of what drives me nuts about having 2 systems...

A Latrine cannot be closer than 100 FEET to a water source, down hill and down stream, BUT
A Latrine cannot be closer than 100 METERS to a DFAC, BUT
A garbage pit cannot be closer then 100 FEET to a DFAC AND 30 YARDS to a water source, down hill and down stream.

OMFG, and that is a board question for NCO of the 1/4. Jesus.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:59 AM on j-body.org
Eventually the US is gonna switch over, its gonna be a long process but I think it will happen, however people will still be using the US imperial system (it works and its drilled into peoples heads). Samething has happend in Canada, the gov't switched in the 70's and some people is still using miles, fahrenheit, etc.

But for now I'm gonna concentrate on learning all of the conversions mentally so I can roughly estimate how many mL to an oz. So whenever I read a recipe or look at instructions I'll be able to quickly convert. In this world/country you should know how to use both systems so that you don't be behind. I'm thinking maybe we should learn the US imperial system in Canada too. Ive personally learned it myself, there was no mention of it in school except for auto class, class discussions, and some physics questions in gr 10 (the teacher was older). The reason why I say this is because Canada's biggest trading partener is the US. And If those kids from high school come out and go to university/college chances are they will be going to work and there will be American products. I know that now products from the US have to have both measurement systems, but its the principal you should be familar with both.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search