Your favorite gun... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Your favorite gun...
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 6:31 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

ANY gun, this is wide open. I'm also a huge fan of the BFG from the original Duke Nukem game. Anyone besides me ever made a "potato cannon" out of sewer pipe?

Not that big... but we have launched a golf ball close to 1000 yards. tiga tiga tiga woods can't touch that ya'all.

I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, thats as good as they are going to feel all day. ~ Dean Martin

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 8:05 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:That's one big ass-f**k of a potato.

Nah, about 4 inch dia pipe. You get good velocity with a few spuds in an empty coffee can. The can doesn't go far, but the spuds scatter pretty good.

Email me about my dry ice explosives....

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:14 AM on j-body.org
Diet pop and Mentos.. woo hooo

PAX
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Diet pop and Mentos.. woo hooo

PAX

I heard about this but didn't think it worked. Have you seen this done?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 10:19 AM on j-body.org
Springfield XD .40s&w. It's been very reliable and I'll never go back to a Glock if I don't have to. When I was doing reserve with the Sheriffs Dept I was issued a Glock 22 .40s&w and the Springfield is my favorite by far. I did security and armored car gigs for a while and the XD was my gun of choice.

My second favorite would be my paintball gun. I know, not a real gun. But Homeland Security seemed to think otherwise when I flew out to Colorado for a tournament last year

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 2:56 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
Hahahaha wrote:Diet pop and Mentos.. woo hooo

PAX

I heard about this but didn't think it worked. Have you seen this done?

Google it, there are videos... Oh yes, it works.

It actually works with any pop, but Diet coke seems to be the best.

2litre bottle and 4 or 5 Mentos... wooosh!

Have sticky fun!

PAX
Sunday, July 02, 2006 8:46 PM on j-body.org
Hey, did anyone else notice the lack of "guns are bad" posts? I thought there'd be at least 1 here...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:12 PM on j-body.org
I don't think that just anyone should have one, but I like how some states and all Canadian Provinces require training for all weapons, especially the restricted weapons (pistols, military weapons, etc.).

If you store and secure your weapons properly, that's fine by me... but I think that more people need to learn how to use and store weapons. As well (I started a thread a while ago about guns, but I'll admit, I wasn't well educated about them, I've since learned a LOT more), I think that a lot of manufacturers have stepped it up to make safer weapons (ie, you don't need to have the safety off to clean or strip the weapon), there are some bad apples, but you can just choose not to buy low-quality weapons.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 9:16 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

If you store and secure your weapons properly, that's fine by me... but I think that more people need to learn how to use and store weapons.

We have a winner. We have 9 guns, all locked away seperate from the ammo. In perfect working order. Il be damned if someone tries to take them away from me

Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:00 PM on j-body.org
You mean it's bad to keep a loaded gun in your nightstand?
(just kidding, sheesh!!)

I've done better than keeping them locked up and unloaded. My kids haven't ever seen them, and my oldest is a teenager. They're locked in a toolbox that my kids believe is full of my grandfather's tools. That little lie and a master lock have kept me from a lot of problems.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, July 03, 2006 5:40 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:Hey, did anyone else notice the lack of "guns are bad" posts? I thought there'd be at least 1 here...

maybe those people have realized there's a time and place for everything?

R.I.P. Brian St.Germain

Monday, July 03, 2006 9:46 AM on j-body.org
lilbit01 wrote:
John Wilken wrote:Hey, did anyone else notice the lack of "guns are bad" posts? I thought there'd be at least 1 here...

I doubt it. In the war forum I've read everything from people insulting other people's faith, political position, sexual orientation, etc. I think the anti-gun people are afraid because posters here obviously own firearms. Either that, or the org is full of pro-gun wackos...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, July 03, 2006 1:54 PM on j-body.org
i have a glock 22 and scored a 96 in the Texas Peace Officer Course i like my uncles silences walter though its nice the beretta Qx4 is a clean shooter as well but my next firearm will most likely be a mossberg 590 for home use

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 11:55 AM on j-body.org
I imagine the anti-gun people just don't have a favourite, how could they?

I'm glad most are talking about target shooting. I'm from Canada so my handgun experience is limited to a 6 shot S&W revolver (.22), and a snub nosed .38.. I'd have to say that they both suck for bear hunting.. Heck, for hunting anything more than 50 feet away from you.. They just suck when all your other shooting experience is rifles and you can actually hit a target at distance. Not a hand gun fan myself. That doesn't mean I'm gonna slam the people who do like them.. Too bad they're only good for killing paper and people though.

PAX
Tuesday, July 04, 2006 5:13 PM on j-body.org
gun i own: 20 guage ithica. awsome for deer hunting.
gun id like to own: 475 wildey magnum. also wouldnt mind a 44 mag.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 7:19 PM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
lilbit01 wrote:

I doubt it. In the war forum I've read everything from people insulting other people's faith, political position, sexual orientation, etc. I think the anti-gun people are afraid because posters here obviously own firearms. Either that, or the org is full of pro-gun wackos...

If you're a responsible owner, and know how to keep your temper, what's the problem?

I DO have a problem with the average joe owning a fully automatic weapon, you're not using that for sporting or hunting purposes.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 10:18 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One)I DO have a problem with the average joe owning a fully automatic weapon, you're not using that for sporting or hunting purposes.[/quote wrote:

Full-auto looks like a fun way to plink a group of cans at an outdoor range. Other than that, they're just for spraying groups of people. You can't get a full-auto legally here, but you can buy a semi-auto uzi and mail order the full auto kit. Both are legal to have until you assemble them. Man, I hate legal technicalities.

Hahaha, killing paper is fun, especially if you draw your own targets.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 4:58 AM on j-body.org
I know killing paper is fun, I do it right in my back yard with my compound bow.. (actually killing a nylon bag lately). It's just that I see firearms as a tool and handguns are a somewhat limited use tool, that's all. Go shoot paper, have a blast.

I also like other pyrotechnic displays and plan to get a pyro cert (only a 1 day course +$100) so I can launch large mortors (up to 6" on level 1 cert) on special event days. After doing a few shows I can upgrade to level 2 and launch up to 8" motors plus add little things like det cord and indoor specialties as I go. I think it'll be fun, I don't need to quit my existing job and I'll get to blow stuff up a few times a year.

PAX
Wednesday, July 05, 2006 11:49 AM on j-body.org
My fav by far Rifle L1A1handgun is the luger

Friday, July 07, 2006 10:39 AM on j-body.org
im partial to my sks...

but i think my favorite would be a m1 garand...

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:19 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:I know killing paper is fun, I do it right in my back yard with my compound bow.. (actually killing a nylon bag lately). It's just that I see firearms as a tool and handguns are a somewhat limited use tool, that's all. Go shoot paper, have a blast.

Yeah but I grew tired of paper. I moved on to shooting people - with paintballs, of course - and the stress relief is waaaaay better. Seriously, it's the only sport in the world where you can grab your buddies - or complete strangers for that matter - arm them with guns, shoot the crap each other - and still go out for a beer afterwards. Try doing that with bunch of Glocks and someone is going to the morgue while someone else is going to trial.

Friday, July 07, 2006 11:30 AM on j-body.org
I have a CO2 based fishy with an e-trigger and a couple personal mods.. Works well, the only complaint would be the lack of tinkering required. I'm always jealous of those guys with cockers that take 1 hour to get ready to shoot when all I do is gas mine up and go.. Oh well..

Actually, mine is too loud, but that would be my only complaint.

PAX
Friday, July 07, 2006 12:04 PM on j-body.org
The tinkering was what I hated about my 'Cocker. I ran a Black Magic for a while and when it was dialed in I loved it. But the front block was a b*tch to get the timing right and after a complete tear down it'd take an hour to get full rate of fire without any chops. For speedball I actually downgraded to a Spyder Electra ACS. It's simple, reliable, cheap, and fast. All I do is chrono and I'm set.

For woodsball I run a RAP4 T68-CQB. It's a 1:1 scale version of a Colt M4. tehy were originally intended to be a .43cal training gun for military and police agencies but the manufacturer started to make them in .68cal for paintball. I love it. It's pretty reliable and most of what fits an M4 will fit the T68 (grips, sights, guards, etc). And like the Electra it's so simple. Chrono it and go.

Monday, July 31, 2006 4:36 PM on j-body.org
Not in any order

Pistol- HK USP 45, Beretta 92 .40SW conversion, M1911

Rifle- M4, G36K, SKS

Shotgun- SPAS, Remington 800

Full auto- M4A2, M240B, M249E mod

Exotic- Bushmaster .50

Monday, August 07, 2006 5:41 PM on j-body.org
I want one of these. But I don't want to join the British Royal Marines to get my hands on one.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search