A solution for every country... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: A solution for every country...
Friday, June 23, 2006 8:52 PM on j-body.org
Graden: I don't vote Conservative, the guy that's currently covering my riding successfully managed to get through amalgamation by firing half the city workers, and then hired them all back under the new city of Ottawa for about a 25% pay increase, then, voted himself a fat pay raise 3 years in a row (15, 20, 22% for 2001-2004).

No, I'm not happy with the conservatives, nor the NDP, nor the Liberals for that matter... Conservatives have been batting around the idea of cancelling funding for the new AFIS project for the RCMP, the NDP raised a stink about the new HQ location tendering process (basically, they're pissed because it's in a Liberal area of town, meaning no jobs for their area), and the Liberals haven't got the real-estate in the Commons to get ish done.

At this point, I think we're screwed, and my job is going to be forfeit because of some bullsh*t political wrangling.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 9:30 AM on j-body.org
I had this conversation with some friends last night over some BBQ ribs and baked beans, and I think one of them made an intersting, if not off the wall, point. Now, I see where some are getting at by saying we need more love and understanding, less corrupt governments, political leaders that mid their own country's business, etc. But my friend made an interesing point: "What the world needs is more athiests." Now, typically I would find that to be a bullsh*t solution from a drunken smart @ss, in reality, that's what it amounts to -- but hey, let's review. All of these terrorists fighting for "holy war", countries fighting over supposed "holy land", and all the other countries getting involved because of their own religeous and political motivations... Maybe if some of these people lost their faith we wouldn't have as many problems. Then there's all the hardcore David Caresh (sp?) wannabe types that build compounds and brainwash all their followers into thinking they're God. Again, if they were athiests they wouldn't buy into it. And there's the supremecist groups that seem to think it's God's will that they destroy all those who aren't like them. Again, if they were athiests, problem solved. Politicians fighting over whether religeon should be taught in school, whether "God" should be in the pledge, etc... Maybe what we need really is more atheists.

I'm going to put on my flame suit now.

Saturday, June 24, 2006 7:02 PM on j-body.org
in2Johnny has a good point, see my sig file. But even among athiests there are different sects:
*There are the devout athiests, who absolutely believe every single word of nothing.
*There are the occasional athiests, who believe in nothing as long as it's not Christmas or Easter.
*Then there are the ambigious athiests who only believe in God during near-death events or at funerals.

So maybe there would still be fighting and wars if there were more athiests, but the propaganda wouldn't be to "kill the savage non-believers"...

What the world needs, each and every country, is more oral sex for the leaders. The US was in much better shape when Clinton was playing "hide the cigar" with Monica. As far as I can tell, neither Dubya nor Bush sr. got their hand cought in the cookie jar, and both of them are very happy shooting their phallus-bombs in the desert. Maybe Dubya needs to visit the brothels in Vegas to loosen up a bit and stop trying to overthrow countries. Someone needs to suggest that the next G8 starts with belly dancers, baby oil and an orgy. Who wants to fight after a party like that?

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:10 PM on j-body.org
These conflicts are not really about religion. The US did not carry out car bombings in Lebanon becasue it was the Christian thing to do. They are not guarding the oil patch in the middle east for Christ. The terrorist bombings and other cowardly acts are not what Mohamed would teach either.

This is a classic war propaganda tactic, to "demonize" the enemy. The Muslin fundamentalists has taken this further than anyone else by actually saying that the USA is evil etc. GW tried the same thing by naming the "axis of evil" but it didn't catch on.

These conflicts are all about the control of resources, just like every other war. Religion is used as a propaganda tool as it is something that large groups of people believ strongly in. It's effectiveness varies from culture to culture therefore so does its use.

Check the text, none of the major religions allow for the slaughter of innocents.

PAX
Saturday, June 24, 2006 11:20 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Exactly.
Stupid "evildoers".

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, June 26, 2006 10:40 AM on j-body.org
Actually, the optimal solution is for the total extinction of the human race, but i figure it may take while for the planet to get around to it.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, June 26, 2006 12:41 PM on j-body.org
I agree 110%

We are the problem of the earth.
We pollute, contaminate, litter, destroy, fight, kill, bomb the earth and more.

I'm not sure how much longer this plante will handle

Monday, June 26, 2006 1:34 PM on j-body.org
Without us there'd be some other dominant species hunting its prey to extinction, defoliating the planet and crapping on everything. It might as well be us.

PAX
Monday, June 26, 2006 4:14 PM on j-body.org
sometimes we use the expression or phrase "Only in America..."

Well,
Now I can say "Only on earth..."

(corny, I know )

Monday, June 26, 2006 4:27 PM on j-body.org
ehh, we've had our turn.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, June 26, 2006 4:35 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Without us there'd be some other dominant species hunting its prey to extinction, defoliating the planet and crapping on everything. It might as well be us.

PAX

The difference is that the top level predator is affected by the availability of food in an area. Their breeding is dependant on the abundance of the lower level prey. Less prey = less predators. Humans have overcome that factor through agriculture and animal husbandry. When was the last time you saw lions shepherding gazelles or planting food and harvesting it for leaner months?

We're the only species with the tools and the faculty to protect ourselves from starving, and we're only JUST learning that we are also equipped with the ability to go overboard.

Monday, June 26, 2006 10:51 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:Without us there'd be some other dominant species hunting its prey to extinction, defoliating the planet and crapping on everything. It might as well be us.

PAX

u must have horrible nightmares of ALL the intelligent species in the universe behaving rather unintelligently as the human race has been. since any dominant intelligent species hunts in needlessness and excess, destroys their territory and generally sets a path for their homeplant to careene into a largely unlivable mass of rock.

id hate to have those nightmares.

The biggest hole, is the illusion of invulnerability.

:::Creative Draft Image Manipulation Forum:::
Tuesday, June 27, 2006 2:08 PM on j-body.org
I think the surest sign that there IS intelligent life out there is that they haven't tried to contact us yet.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 5:24 PM on j-body.org
maybe they're watching us right now...
::I'm scared::

LMAO!

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:

PAX

u must have horrible nightmares of ALL the intelligent species in the universe behaving rather unintelligently as the human race has been. since any dominant intelligent species hunts in needlessness and excess, destroys their territory and generally sets a path for their homeplant to careene into a largely unlivable mass of rock.

id hate to have those nightmares.

planet earth will never become unliveable.....at worst it will be unliveable to humans...but never unliveable...were not that good

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:06 AM on j-body.org
You guys sure like to blow stuff out of proportion don't you?

All I meant is that if we weren't doing what we do, something else would. It doesn't matter what animal kingdom you look at, it's a resource competition that ends in depletion, every time.

PS: GAM, Ants not only herd "livestock" (aphids) they also grow crops (leave cutters grow a special fungus). Bees also express a small amount of husbandry. Let's not rule the other animals out, they could do what we do, given opportunity.

PAX
Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:19 AM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:maybe they're watching us right now...
::I'm scared::

LMAO!

Daddy, there's a monster outside my window. Can I have a glass of water?

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Oh, i'm not denying that they don't, hahaha. Elephants leave a swatch of destruction in there wake not unlike Sherman's March through Georgia.

IMHO the only time a specie will really flourish is when they try pure symbiosis. We're nowhere near there yet. The only difference is that in us, we should be smart enough not to do this, but it's painfully obvious that we're not.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search