Police brutaility, or stupidity? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Police brutaility, or stupidity?
Friday, July 07, 2006 7:12 AM on j-body.org
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/cop-fired.html

comments?

i think the lady got what see deserved, didnt stop for 8 miles cause she didnt think he was a cop? wtf kind of @!#$ is that?

and then when he was screaming get out of the car she sat there and did nothing.

she deserved it.

-Borsty

Re: Police brutaility, or stupidity?
Friday, July 07, 2006 7:20 AM on j-body.org
They fired him because of the NAACP and no other reason. You don't listen to a cop you deserve what you get.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Friday, July 07, 2006 7:43 AM on j-body.org
In that circumstance her only mistake was not signalling she will pull over. If you are unsure you are allowed to proceed to an area where there are more people (better lighting at night, whatever) but you must indicate that you intend to pull over. The cop should not have been fired, and she should not have gotten any leagal settlement. The cop was not overly rough with her, only the yelling was excessive and even that is understandable as he had no idea who he was dealing with or weather they were armed or maybe impared.

The story should have ended with her speeding ticket. Too bad for the cop really but not pulling over immediately is within reason as you never have to put yourself in percieved danger in order to obey a peace officer.

PAX
Friday, July 07, 2006 12:44 PM on j-body.org
Are you @!#$ serious....Even when he told her to get out of the car she didnt. I would have done the same @!#$ thing. And where did he hurt her? Its not like he choke slammed her to the pavement.

Friday, July 07, 2006 1:37 PM on j-body.org
People get nervous when a gun is pointed at their head. She hesitated, you have no idea if she was fumbling with her seatbelt or what.

He was not rough with her, can you not read?

He should not have been fired was what I said, did you bother to read or what?

PAX
Friday, July 07, 2006 1:50 PM on j-body.org
HAHAHA, I don't think he was answering you I think he was just saying in general. Read his post as if yours was not there and see if you'd ask the same thing again.

Friday, July 07, 2006 2:02 PM on j-body.org
Personally, I think that both of them could have dealt with it a lot diffrently. Guns in teh face are a hard thing to comment on unless you have had it happen to you. I think the trooper should have keept his cool a little better, thats his job for christ sake.I would like to know if she was still speeding as he was following her? If you listen in the video as he was trying to pull her out of the car she was telling the trooper that she still had her seat belt on, dude should have chilled out a little bit and listened. Its not like she was endangering any ones life? I personally dont care for most law enforcement, never around when you need them and always being cocky d@cks in the way when you dont want them around. Just my .02.
Friday, July 07, 2006 2:21 PM on j-body.org
When I was in Germany there was a bar fight. Well, the bartender turns to me and my friends and tells us that we might want to get out before the cops show up. We step out and the cops roll up. Well, in Germany they don't hold their cops back like we do in the US. 3 cars rolled up, on a K-9 unit. They just walk up to the door, yell something evil in German and release 3 dobermans in the bar. Just let them go. Needless to say, the problem was solved. Just thought I would share that story. I will watch the video when I get back from work. No video allowed by the damn nazis in S6.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Friday, July 07, 2006 2:50 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:People get nervous when a gun is pointed at their head. She hesitated, you have no idea if she was fumbling with her seatbelt or what.

He was not rough with her, can you not read?

He should not have been fired was what I said, did you bother to read or what?

PAX

are you @!#$ retarded...Did i quote you or point to your post? NO

Friday, July 07, 2006 4:57 PM on j-body.org
You don't have to be a dick about it.

Take a pill, nobody is impressed by your vugarity. It's a shame acting like that, you'd think by now you'd have sprouted a few brain cells.

Ever think I was making a general comment?

PAX
Friday, July 07, 2006 5:36 PM on j-body.org
Rosario, Chill he miss read your first post thinking you were answering him.

HAHAHA, Your "general comment" was much more directed then his.

Both of you, deep breath, relax. Good ! Feel better ? Look guys I count you both as friends and I know you both a little better then where this is going so come on guys lets get a big E-Hug and move on and count this as a mis-understanding.

Friday, July 07, 2006 7:59 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Rosario, Chill he miss read your first post thinking you were answering him.

HAHAHA, Your "general comment" was much more directed then his.

Both of you, deep breath, relax. Good ! Feel better ? Look guys I count you both as friends and I know you both a little better then where this is going so come on guys lets get a big E-Hug and move on and count this as a mis-understanding.

I vote Jack the next NJHK, only he can be the king of E-hugs

on-topic, america needs to get a big scrub brush, lather it up real good, and scrub all the sand out of it's pussy. and she needed to just pull over and get her ticket, to hell with gansta rap, i can blatantly disregard the law and get a lil boo boo and pull six figures too.

Friday, July 07, 2006 8:03 PM on j-body.org
The guy probably has a primo Grievance to file through the Union/Brotherhood.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:30 PM on j-body.org
The cop doesn't tell her to get out of the car until he starts to pull on her left arm, try to take your seat belt of when someones pulling on your left arm, screaming like a retard and pointing a gun at your face. He handled the situation VERY unprofessionally and deserved what he got. She did not deserve the 6 figure settlement but she deserved something, like a 4 figure settlement. I can't believe y'all think that was a good job on the officers behalf, notice how the narrator says "he's CLEARLY on a short fuse". People with "short fuses" shouldn't be cops, they work for us. BTW: The lady sounded old.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Orlandomon wrote:ive said it once and ill say it again........

i dont believe that theres a devil... but if there is one, he is american. thats my take, and no one can make me think differently

Hahahaha wrote:As far as all the "sacrifices" that US troops are making there now, I can only say one thing. Remember that they had a choice, the Iraqi citizens did not.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 2:51 PM on j-body.org
I personally think it was wrong on that case, he shouldnt have unholstered his weapon and proceeded to pull her out like that. Granted she should have stopped, i still think it should have been handled differently. At first i thought it was the lady who was tazered, now that dumb woman deserved that, shame it happened none the less, but that woman was stupid, this case, he was definitly at fault IMO.

Saturday, July 08, 2006 4:41 PM on j-body.org
She didnt pull over for 8 MILES going 55-60 mph thats 8-9 MINUTES of following her, what stupid bitch in any frame of mind would think that first the cop is fake?and second 8 miles is an acceptable amount of time to get followed by a cop with his lights on? hats a cop going to think? its some idiot fat lady or a crackhead with a glock on his lap. when your a cop u ASSUME THE WORST.

shes a @!#$ stupid bitch, refused to pull over, and refused to following directions she deserves no money and that cop was within the legal limits.

-Borsty
Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:03 PM on j-body.org
wtf is my post?

Team GREEN

Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:11 PM on j-body.org
^this one?

RaiLS wrote:When I was in Germany there was a bar fight. Well, the bartender turns to me and my friends and tells us that we might want to get out before the cops show up. We step out and the cops roll up. Well, in Germany they don't hold their cops back like we do in the US. 3 cars rolled up, on a K-9 unit. They just walk up to the door, yell something evil in German and release 3 dobermans in the bar. Just let them go. Needless to say, the problem was solved. Just thought I would share that story. I will watch the video when I get back from work. No video allowed by the damn nazis in S6.

-Borsty
Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:16 PM on j-body.org
No, this one. WTF, it was on the french page. That is weird...

Quote:

Hmm, I don't think she should have gotten all that money, but it seems like that cop was a little high strung. She wasn't armed and really posed little threat (then again, you sometimes don't know a threat until it's too late).

I definately would have done EVERYTHING that trooper said to me at that point, as he looked like he was going to pull the trigger. She didn't seem to follow the commands very well either. I think he used to be a DS, cause that caused a real vivid flashback to basic!

Scrapes and bruises do not equal 6 figure settlements. Cop needs to maybe sit behind a desk for a while and chill out. Maybe an anger managment class or something, cause that dude was livid! Lady should have had the ticket dropped and her record cleared of the insodent as a settlement if anything, as she broke the law and was speeding.

I know that you can go to a more populated area if you feel unsafe because there was a guy rolling around WI a while back that used to fake being a cop and pull over women late at night just to rape them. Well, it's legal in WI, I don't know about North Crack a laky or where ever they were.

Team GREEN

Saturday, July 08, 2006 6:57 PM on j-body.org
i remember reading that, but not in that thread.

-Borsty
Saturday, July 08, 2006 7:48 PM on j-body.org
Maybe the lady should have pulled over earlier, but thats no excuse. If the cop really thought she was a threat he would have kept his weapon drawn and let her get out by herself or called for backup. It was less safe for the officer to holster his gun and start to pull on the lady. He only told her to get out of the car after he was pulling on her, not the most effective way to do it. I just think that people with that kind of temper shouldn't be officers. If someone ran from me for 10 minutes I wouldn't be THAT pissed, she would just get an evading arrest charge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Orlandomon wrote:ive said it once and ill say it again........

i dont believe that theres a devil... but if there is one, he is american. thats my take, and no one can make me think differently

Hahahaha wrote:As far as all the "sacrifices" that US troops are making there now, I can only say one thing. Remember that they had a choice, the Iraqi citizens did not.

Sunday, July 09, 2006 8:08 PM on j-body.org
you can hear her say something like "I can't get my seatbelt off" as he's pulling on her. watch the video again and listen close.

Was he out of line? yes
Should he have been fired? no
Should she have pulled over sooner? yeah probably
Does she deserve a 6 figure settlement? no, some sort of re-embursment yeah but not 6 figures
Monday, July 10, 2006 10:36 AM on j-body.org
I don't know about the rest of the world, but in Ohio, if you believe that the car behind you with the flashing lights ISN'T a cop, you are well within your rights to not pull over and proceed directly to the closest known police or fire station. This was the state governments response to a serial kidnapper/rapist who dressed like a cop and would pull young women over.

That said, if I didn't believe the car behind me was an actual cop car, I'd drive to the police station, where I'd surrender myself to the first "known legitimate" police officer. As this is the law, I shouldn't be beaten or roughed-up, but I probably would be.

Most street cops I've met have had a "John Wayne" attitude, even when I'm in full compliance. I've never been just pulled over and gotten a ticket, it's always like the cop is trying to bully me too. My first car was a 71 Grand Prix, my first ticket was for loud exhaust a week later. I wasn't breaking any other law or being a smartass with the cop, but that doesn't mean I didn't eat a nightstick.

This woman deserved the big settlement, and this video needs to be seen by every cop. Wearing a badge doesn't make you above the law, and knowing that physical abuse will get you fired should be a deterrant to cops abusing their power.

This cop is the reason that Ice-T wrote "Cop Killer", as an equalizer to the abusive nature of some police. Police are just another gang, but instead of mugging you at the ATM, they write you a ticket that you pay in court. It's getting jacked either way.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, July 10, 2006 11:26 AM on j-body.org
Cops in LA run a whole different business. LA is a nightmare.
Hey john, that must be a good law to be able to drive to the police station. If I tried to do that here in California, I would go hollywood, and be on television in a matter of minutes.
We need a law where we can do citizens arrests on police officers. Imagine the fiasco that would ensure after that, f-in cop gave me a ticket for wearing my seatbelt improperly, I told him I had a condition in which I couldn't where it any other way, he asked for a doctor's note, I asked him if I were to have one would I still be getting a ticket?, he says tell it to the judge. The case got dismissed at the hearing for a small fee, it was just time consuming though. I think the more laws made, the more money to be made.

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:04 PM on j-body.org
jbody4jc wrote: We need a law where we can do citizens arrests on police officers. Imagine the fiasco that would ensure after that, f-in cop gave me a ticket for wearing my seatbelt improperly, I told him I had a condition in which I couldn't where it any other way, he asked for a doctor's note, I asked him if I were to have one would I still be getting a ticket?, he says tell it to the judge. The case got dismissed at the hearing for a small fee, it was just time consuming though. I think the more laws made, the more money to be made.

Even when you win, you still have to pay court costs. It's getting mugged no matter how you look at it. If you plead "not guilty" on your court date, they set a trial date for you so you have to miss another days work, making it that much more of a pain to plead anything other than "please bend me over".

And yes, laws are made to generate revenue. There's a law here that tickets in a construction zone carry double fines. Sounds good in theory, it was sold to us as a way to keep road crews safer. But on I-90 there are 3 miles of yellow barrels, and a crew of about 5 guys filling potholes. They've been doing this all summer, and writing lots of tickets in the 2.75 miles that aren't active construction area.

A footnote to the construction zone law, points aren't doubled, just the fine. I guess the city can't spend those extra points taken off your license.

There wouldn't be a traffic ticket written (except for accident or DUI) if there wasn't fines attached to them. Plain and simple, cops are the city's money makers.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search