Police brutaility, or stupidity? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Police brutaility, or stupidity?
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:38 PM on j-body.org
John, Maryland has the same thing about going to the nearest police station. BUT thats ONLY for unmarked cars.
If a marked car rolls up on you and you do not pull over immediatly its considered fleeing. Those lights come on you best throw your blinker on.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 2:28 AM on j-body.org
Construction zones = x2 fines....excellent idea... WHY? In Missouri this year we've had two troopers die because people CANNOT pay attention when they drive...i.e. flares/flashing emergency lights/uniformed law enforcement directing traffic... One of those troopers was a good friend.

Could that trooper have handled things differently...possibly. Were we in his shoes? NO. Before someone can pass judgement on someone else try and walk a mile in his shoes, just imagine someone failing to yield to your emergency lights...threat....per your training YES. I wasn't there, but I can't imagine a six figure settlement either....

-----------------------------------------------------------
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the crickets no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is a shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 7:25 AM on j-body.org
Ok, I read the first few posts and decided not to read the other paragraphs as I am lazy. So I will probably repeat someone.

*She should've pulled over - easy.
*As a civilian, if a car behind you has red and blue lights flashing - you should generally presume it's a law enforcement vehicle.
*He shouldn't have pulled his gun out solely because he thought she was dodging him - it was not a high-speed pursuit so chances are, she wasn't "running" and instead she was just "retarded". If that isn't the case, than by all means point your plastic at her.
*If he wanted to get her out of the car, all he had to do was say "Bitch", I've noticed chicks hate that and will try to kill you everytime you say it.
*At least he didn't tase the @!#$ out of her.
*He should've been suspended without pay for a little bit.
*She should become Amish considering the fact she doesn't understand the concept of law enforcement units.

My $.02

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 8:52 AM on j-body.org
Paying the amount of the court fee was totally up to the judge. Because he was like, 20 bucks, oh wait, 10 bucks. He said he was having a good day as he said he was cutting fees and fines by half that day. It was a friday. But yeah, even if you win at a hearing you still have to pay for spending his time (aka the courts time).
I couldn't complain beyond that.
For that lady though, she probably should have pulled over. I mean unless there is a percentage of incidences where rapists with flashing lights have been reported as to be falsifying the police, it is the law that you have to pull over when a cop turns on those flashing lights, whether you believe him to be a cop or not. Until it is amended or not, they have the duty "To Serve and Protect".

Smile, Jesus loves you!!!!! <><
Manchild-ProPain, out now, Sphereofhiphop.com
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:47 AM on j-body.org
Pulling over on a freeway is inheritly dangerous. You don't need to suspect it isn't a cop, only feel unsafe. She should have indicated her intent to pull over with a turn signal, then exited at the next ramp. I have no idea why this lady acted the way she did except to suspect that she was very nervous. COPs make some people nervous, even when they have done nothing wrong, including me. That isn't why though, the freeway itself is reason enough to delay pulling over to safer spot. How many times have you seen an accident where someone hits a sationary car on the freeway, or has an accident attempting to re-enter traffic from the shoulder?

She handled it wrong, the COP was over the top (a bit, I don't blame him for drawing his weapon, he had no idea who he was about to face). She should have gotten her speeding ticket and the COP should have learned just a bit of patience.. Case closed. No big settlement and no firings.

PAX
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:46 AM on j-body.org
John Wilken wrote:
And yes, laws are made to generate revenue. There's a law here that tickets in a construction zone carry double fines. Sounds good in theory, it was sold to us as a way to keep road crews safer. But on I-90 there are 3 miles of yellow barrels, and a crew of about 5 guys filling potholes. They've been doing this all summer, and writing lots of tickets in the 2.75 miles that aren't active construction area.

Laws are made to generate revenue....wow. That is the stupidest thing i have heard in a while. Fine from now on, if you speed, lets just send you to jail. That ought to teach you alot quicker than a fine and points...Laws are made to protect us, Ill partly agree with you, Fines are made to generate revenue but to also teach you a lesson. Do cops seem happy to pull you over? Do they act like SWEET IM MAKING MORE MONEY!!!! NO! They are not happy you screwed up and broke a law. As much as i hate paying for a ticket, its not like they are randomly given out. Dont break the law, you wont get a ticket. Therefor you wont have to pay a fine. On top of that, how else do you wanna pay for our underpaid Police officers and EMTs, and Rescue workers?

Construction Zones? DONT SPEED THROUGH THEM. There is no reason to speed. People are working. How hard is it to go the speed limit? The reason fines are doubled? Because alot of people dont care about Points, theyd rather have more points then spend more money. However, NYS doubles your points and fines, and if you get caught speeding twice in a work zone in a 18 month period, Bye Bye Drivers Lisence. Its more of a deterant than anything.

Quote:

They've been doing this all summer, and writing lots of tickets in the 2.75 miles that aren't active construction area.

Are there markers and signs up? Then its an active construction zone wether you see it as one or not.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search