Boycotting countries like France.... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Boycotting countries like France....
Monday, July 10, 2006 12:16 PM on j-body.org
So the French made a deal to buy some oil from Saddam and didn't want to play along with our little pre-war farce "sanctions". The French government was looking out for their country's best interest, as in not losing their oil deal with Saddam. But because they didn't follow what we told them, we get all in a tizzy.

It's all because of our belief that the US is responsible for the entire world, and when any other country chooses to look out after their best interests instead of our agenda, we get whiney.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto

Monday, July 10, 2006 12:34 PM on j-body.org
No John not us try the UN.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Monday, July 10, 2006 2:20 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:No John not us try the UN.

US, the UN, what's the diff? Our "diplomats" regularly buy votes from other countries to sway the vote our direction.

Point still remains, France was looking out for their best interests, boycotting them is just plain silly.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, July 10, 2006 3:05 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:EVENT:
Funky Bottoms (Event) wrote:remember, this isnt a world war.....yet..... to where we need alot of help. i honestly dont think the war is to a severity point where we need help yet from EVERYONE.

You'd think that kind of sage thought would filter upwards.

Now that I re-read that, I understand what you said: Do you need help there? No, you don't, but you need real troop deployment to actually secure the country, and get the home-grown military and national police back in.

Getting the rest of the world involved officially through the UN would involve swallowing pride and asking for help, but it would at least show a united front.

yeah thats def more like it!

but this day and age, swallowing pride is like getting a woman to swallow, and just the same, usually the only ones who will do so are ones that are secure with themselves.

this country is DEF not SECURE... whether you wanna talk about self image, border control, immigration from all areas...etc

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 10:16 AM on j-body.org
^^^excellent point...

But in this day and age, just about everything is farsical in and of it's nature. Politics are a farse, pop culture is a farse, fashion is a farse, the music industry--even the entertainment industry in and of itself is a farse, and pride in anything is a farse.

Thus, IMHO the only things that are really worth anything are those that *know* they are a farse unto themselves, and are cool with that and don't take themselves too seriously.

As was pointed out by....i think GAM or Hahaha, words can hurt deeper than physical injury. But, they only hurt that way because we LET them hut that way.

And it's not just America, it's the entire world. We need to stop taking ourselves so seriously. As a white, counter-culture american male, if most people think they have an axe to grind i could be Paul Bunyan, but i'm not, because i don't take myself seriously. More people need to stop taking themseleves and the petty things they hold pride in less seriously and as Event said, become a little more secure in their self-image.

The more secure you are, the more style points you gain--which can be traded in later for sexual favors.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 4:41 AM on j-body.org
In the biginning was the word.

Words start wars and can end wars. "The Word" created it all. Before action, thoughts take the form of words. There is nothing more powerful.

PAX
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:03 AM on j-body.org
^^^which shows how primitive we really are.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 8:23 AM on j-body.org
No, it only shows how powerful language is. It only shows that words come before all things. That doesn't show how primitive we are, some guy getting drunk and busting a stick over his (now dead) friend's head shows just how primitive we are

The word is really the only connection we have to the devine.

PAX
Wednesday, July 12, 2006 11:16 AM on j-body.org
if we assume that the only thing that is divine is the word, however, that is erroneus at best. Divinity is defined by humanity--after all that which holds true on earth holds true in heaven.

Still, words are just words and like money, religion, or just about anything, only have the power we choose to give them. The word's power is only enabled because we choose to enable it--collectively or individually.

Words to me are as fragile as the mediums in which they reside--and they all in the universal cheme-of-things, are pretty fragile. Thus, words to me have no power to start or end wars. To others they apparently do. Fools. It just porves that we are so primitive to go to war over something as silly as a word, and proves that adulthood is nothing more than tall preschool.

Still, some guy breaking a pool cue over my head leaves a more lasting impression than any word can.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, July 13, 2006 8:04 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]It just porves that we are so primitive to go to war over something as silly as a word, and proves that adulthood is nothing more than tall preschool.
Well said.

[quote=Keeper of the Light™]Still, some guy breaking a pool cue over my head leaves a more lasting impression than any word can.
Unless that word was "duck!" right before the pool cue met it's target...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Friday, July 14, 2006 8:31 AM on j-body.org
No, the only way that "duck" could have a lasting impression is if i went back to 1963 on the Grassy Knoll and yelled it as Kennedy drove past.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search