Immigration issue solution - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Immigration issue solution
Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:21 PM on j-body.org
The cow vacciniae weren't 100% efficient, about 95%. The idea was to isolate infections with ring vaccinations, but once you have a smallpox infection, you're toast for the most part.

A hot small pox outbreak now would probably cull 30% of the herd minimum... There's NO WAY to make enough vaccine to treat a populace. If there was an aerosolised/weaponised smallpox bomb detonated in... say... NYC, GTA, Metro London, Kyoto, Beijing or Mumbai... You'd see the better part of half the human race drop dead before anything substantial could be done to combat it.

The truly frightening thing is that there are supposedly only 2 major stocks of Small Pox on Earth one in CDC Atlanta, and one at (I'm going to get this wrong, I know it) Bio-apparat in Russia. You can guess... Bio apparat isn't nearly as secure as it needs to be, and it's pretty much a given by epidiemiologists that it was making more viral materials about 3-4 years before the fall of the iron curtain. Hopefully, someone can create an innoculation or an ephagea counter-virus... as of now, we'ere screwed, chewed and barbequed if a Terrorist Org. decides to commit to a Smallpox attack like the Aum Shinrikio Sarin-gas attack on the Tokyo subway.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Re: Immigration issue solution
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:20 AM on j-body.org
you're mistaken me, GAM. If you get Cowpox, you are extremely unlikely to get smallpox if you're ever exposed to it (i may be wrong on this, but i think cowpox was a very weak strain of smallpox and the anitbody to kill both was the same). As such, the europeans has some immunity to it--the ones that got cowpox. Americans (native) at the time didn't.

My point was that since disease can be local, and locals can build up an immunity to it, It is conceivable that we can be decimated by something we have no immunity to--Smallpox could do it, but i'm thinking new virii.

Besdies, it's also conceivable that the Spanish Flu could get out again. That makes bird flu look like a cough by comparison.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search