HotRodder Haters - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: HotRodder Haters
Monday, August 21, 2006 10:41 PM on j-body.org
PowerPlayer wrote:Alright, you knwo i have no problem with hot rodders. they are awesome. But why do we get so much SH*T when we are trying to do the best we can with what we have? I was driving aroudn with some buddies of mine, and one of my friends comes up with his 56 belair. I was alright thats kind of cool. But when he started giving me sh*t about my j-body. I flipped @!#$. Why do they hate us so much. that we have to take the verbal abuse from them? Dont they understand? we are thenext generation of hot rodders. Just tell me what you all think about this subject. and hopfully you all have some constructive critisism.
Thanks

Kyle

honestly, get away from the dumb asses......

theres "hot rodders" the stereotype.... and there are "tuners" the stereotype. the majority you will meet have a false sense of pride thinking their car is magnificent and anything different sucks.

get away from the dumbasses....

INSTEAD.....

find car enthusiasts. car enthusiast simply are more easy going, respect work done on ALL cars and usually have a higher sense of maturity when it comes to this topic.

in a parrallel situation, its like myself and athletics....

i'm 6'1 307 lbs on a lighter day..... i played football 15 years of my life...STRAIGHT never missed a season.

do i hate other athletes that are different? tennis players, LONG distance bikers and runners, gymnasts, etc because theres no BLATANT AND INTENTIONAL CONTACT in their sport?

HELL NO.

Do i act dominant by walking around and flex muscles at people when they are standing around like the idiots do in cars when you are at a stoplight? sure my bicep/tricep area of my arms measure 21 inches and change, which would equate to having a built engine or turbo in terms of cars....

NO, attention is nice, but forcing people to look at you by trying to show off is overdone, played out, and basically left for the kid on the playground trying desperately to impress the other 4th grade girls...

In a small overview:

1) theres nothing wrong with swapping in differnt engines, even if from a different car brand. if someone needed a kidney liver or heart, you;d have to be pretty naive to refuse it cause its not from a member of your own skin color, family, or perhaps something as fickle as "he liked fat chicks, i like skinny chicks....his heart will change my perspective on women". people swap differnt engines as said, for parts availability, some do it for change/to be different, others do it for other reasons. theres nothing wrong about it as long as your reasons justify YOUR cause.

2) theres nothing wrong with buying APC parts, or any other overbudgeted mainstream brand... some of their products are worth while and some of their products are what people need or want. i;ve hung out with a handful of young people with fart cans, and apc stuff, who were genuinely into cars... not a "BS tuner scene"..... and people always wonder why they go to NOPI shows, cars get vandalized, they get stalked, harrassed. people genuinely into cars usually take time to learn. no matter the car, and they learn from others. over time they may change their style and parts use, they may not, but they can still respect others who make a legit effort.

BE SICK OF THE SCENE..... seriously. get away from it if you choose, but dont give up a hobby cause of a group of asspuppets.

simply find car enthusiasts that can respect any car and any amount of work done.

remember, there are still people out there that respect work, quality, and the mindset of DIY and personalization

unlike those who only respect name badging brands, stuff they already own, and other fickle BS reasons.

In the end, some people simply like being around cars, others just like the attention from cars being around them.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:25 AM on j-body.org
I like how the guy with the chrome valave covers and breather cover will razz someonw about their fart can and other "useless" mods. Typical really. Oh ya, those valve covers must be good for at least 50HP

No I'm not one to mount a part that doesn't offer an upgrade, but if you want to spend your money that way, be my guest, it's really none of my business.

It becomes my business when a street car is offensively loud or thinks they can beat me in a race because their parts are shiny and mine are not. Otherwise, who cares?

Buy a bike and make them all shut up.

PAX
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 9:45 AM on j-body.org
PowerPlayer wrote:yea ok...sndsgood, is kinda right, but based on some of the car shows ive gone to, the hotrodders have talked and looked down at me. But on the other hand, maybe we should categorize them all together. but its just our nature. justlike most of them categorize us together.
I am just getting sick of this scene. and sometimes it makes me want to just STOP, and give up. But on the other hand, building a car to make it your own, is what is fun about it. and pretty soon, my car will be faster look cooler and get better gas mileage then their stuff. the only difference is i didnt pay 50,000 dollars to start out my car. like they did, and i wont have as much into is as they do either. So im not gonna give up. But those hot rodders need to stop talking down to us. We dont talk up to them. we try to talk face to face with them. so i suppose we all have to try our hardest to nice to the old guys. lol
thanks for your support all of you. this forum makes me feel so much better about my j-body. and i hope more people will add to this.
THANKS

Kyle

john wilkens post hit on it. when the other poster called him an idiot for a choice he made about a certain engine in a certain car. people are quick to jump the gun no matter what type of car they drive. so dont throw your nose up to the whole hot rodding community over as event said "a couple of asshats." the scene isnt the people that are downing on you. those are the hangers on. the scene is the people that are the ones making it happen. here's an example. when i lived in cincy we had car meets every thursday night on top of the old cinergy field parking lot before they tore it down. we'd have maybe 50 cars. i could leave the car open and unlocked and leave it for an hour at a time over talking with other guys and i didnt have to worry about it. then word got out about our meets and it blew up. we had to keep moving to diffrent locations to fit more cars in and a months time later we were trying to control about 800-1000 cars and over 2000 people every thursday night. it went from me leaving my car unattended. to me leaving my car locked up windows up and in my view because all these people came out that were just there to be in the "scene" people who didnt respect other peoples cars or the people themselves. those arnt the guys you should be listening to. the guys you should be listening two are like those first 50 cars that showed up at our meet. those were the real car people. the rest are just posers to the scene to coin an old phrase. and arnt worth your time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Sunday, August 27, 2006 11:54 AM on j-body.org
sombodys going to hate on you no matter what you do...you build a nice looking car somones gonna give you @!#$ that you wasted money you coulda used to make it fast

you build a fast car there gonna say you waisted money and should just bought a faster stock car...there really is no way to win in the car comunity, other then to just build for yourself and forget what anyone else has to say

Sunday, August 27, 2006 5:43 PM on j-body.org
Ive been a hot rodder all my life. Ive always loved V8s and carburetors. However, I love cars period. Any car that someone has put time, energy, thought and love into is worth some respect.

From the side of the rodders... yeah it sucks that we put tons of cash into our cars to look good and go fast, and some damm ricer comes along with a 1000 dollar civic with a fart can, a 3 foot wing, and nitrous and think he can blow anything off the road. They speed up and down the streets spinning their wheels from every stop sign and generally give anyone with an other than stock car, a bad reputation. In Houston, if you get caught street racing it is 6 months in jail and they take away your car. What brought this on??? Ricers, kids out there with @!#$boxes getting into accidents and getting hurt because they think their cars are invincible. Ive seen some very nicely built foreign cars, with drivers that know how to respect other drivers and the general public. And I also dont think that a car has to be foriegn to be a ricer.. Ive seen alot of Camaros and Mustangs that fall into the ricer catagory.

I really think it should all be a matter of respect. My tastes may not be the same as yours. You may think that theres no replacement for displacement. You may think that there were no real cars built after '72. But still show the respect for what others have done themselves. I would rather ride in some of the Js on this site than most of the "hot rods" I see around here.

Oh, and paying someone to build your car is NOT the same as building it yourself. I have over 6k invested in my truck right now, and EVERY bolt on it has been turned by me. I am stripping it off the frame right now to paint the frame (myself), replace the front suspension (myself), and to get rid of the rust and dirt under the body and get it painted (by me). When its all said and done, I will be able to say that I built this truck and be telling the truth. When someone says I have a nice ride, I can take the credit, instead of using my credit (card) to have someone else do the job for me.

I plan on living forever... so far so good
Sunday, September 10, 2006 12:38 AM on j-body.org
everyone of these under 21 " hot rodders" need to go take a race school course.
you will soon see just how stupid it is to try and be faster then the next guy, cuz there
always will be someone faster.

street racing is F^&(*&& Stupid, and anyone who does it is a reckless member of society, ricer, and a bad name for imports. Ricer can be defined.. anyone doing somthing to prove somthing to everyone else. I had a street bike, during that time, i realized how slow cars are.. even ferraris and Lambos and eight-hundred HP Supras. so when i got rid of it and bought a car.. i made a list of things to do to it.. why To make MY driving expierience more unique!

for exsample.. i want more horsepower.. why, because i like the adrenaline.. who do i want to beat.. no one, i could care less how fast it is COMPARED to someone else.. i want it fast enough to pump my heart up.

versus a Ricer wants to beat a "Supra" or a "Vette" or Hondas and V8's, to prove somthing to people with money
that they can spend a years worth of work to beat a stock Sports car! congrats.. you are a ricer!

you buy 5k in stereo, to drive around all day with your windows down to attract girls.. you are a ricer!

ricer is.. someone who does somthing to prove somthing to someone else!
tuner is someone who does somthing to create a more unique driving expirience or create a better race car.

ricer's street race

tuners track it

ricer's care about how fast they can run in the 1/4

tuners care about how fast they can run the 1/4 and put a few tenths on the car in front around
the "S" turn.

which one are you?

Sunday, September 10, 2006 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Juday wrote:versus a Ricer wants to beat a "Supra" or a "Vette" or Hondas and V8's, to prove somthing to people with money
that they can spend a years worth of work to beat a stock Sports car! congrats.. you are a ricer!

you buy 5k in stereo, to drive around all day with your windows down to attract girls.. you are a ricer!

ricer is.. someone who does somthing to prove somthing to someone else!
tuner is someone who does somthing to create a more unique driving expirience or create a better race car.

ricer's street race

tuners track it

ricer's care about how fast they can run in the 1/4

tuners care about how fast they can run the 1/4 and put a few tenths on the car in front around
the "S" turn.

which one are you?

Oh great, it's Jeff Foxworthy time...
"If you put APC tail lights on your car, but re-use the burned out tail light bulb, you may be a ricer"...
"If you put a 3 foot high wing on your riding lawn mower, you may be a ricer"
"If you have a 3000 watt stereo in a car that's still riding on the spare tire, you may be a ricer".

I could go on... OK, one more...

"If you have a body kit on a car that has duct tape holding on the outside rear view mirror, you may be a ricer"

I guess I'd fall into a catagory you didn't mention... Spectator. I can appreciate the skill and patience neede to build a T-bucket roadster or put a 5k stereo into a Civic. Any shmuck with a credit rating can buy a car. Modding, even if it's not your taste, is still better than driving a stocker.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 6:35 AM on j-body.org
I deal with these type of guys all day long at my shop. They have yet to grow up. It seems that the whole hobby is infested with "adult boys" and there are very few "men" that get into this hobby. They probably have better things to do like worship God, take care of their family, work, read their Bible, etc.

Chris Crossont
A.H.M. Performance
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ahmperformance.com
Tuesday, October 03, 2006 10:14 AM on j-body.org
Lazarus!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 5:33 PM on j-body.org
The difference between ricer (or greaser if you're into hot rods) and an enthusiast isn't money or style...

It's attitude.

Everyone has preferences... biases... likes and dislikes.

Putting your personal bullsh*t aside and looking at a project, either finished (are they EVER really finished?) or mid-build/stage, and taking it for what it is, and what the owner wants it to be is the difference. I like all sorts of cars, trucks, and bikes... I'm not 100% knowledgeable (I don't have a web-enabled phone to get to google ) but I can appreciate hard work, planning, and most importantly: vision.

Being proud of your build is one thing, and that's something that no-one can take away if you have sincere pride in your work...

If you're doing it to impress someone else, you're not in the hobby for any of the right reasons.

Build YOUR car for YOUR pleasure. If it's a track rat, show queen, cruiser... or a daily warrior... it's YOUR car, it's YOUR choice, and the only thing that differentiates you from anyone else is if you're building it for you, or for someone else to evaluate. If you build for you, competition is a side-benefit and it's not going to be a deal-breaker if you don't win (As a side benefit, you won't go into OT or whatever and grouse about not winning), if you don't build for you you're ultimately wasting your time because you CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, October 05, 2006 4:37 AM on j-body.org
People need to stop blaming the stereotype and start blaming the person. When it comes down to it its the PEOPLE that matter.

As Event said the car enthusiasts are the only people that matter because they can provide insight assistance with only a little bit of opinion.

When I go to an autocross the only people that give me crap don't say it to my face and are usually the guest of someone or at there first autocross.

Everyone else respects me as a person, they know my car and that is has been properly built they know I enjoy my car and don't look down on me for my decision to race a 4 cylinder econobox grocery getter with a european drivetrain and a sports car looking body.

The only thing I evaluate people on is the quality of there work, if they've done a nice job and done things properly I have no beef, my only problem is when people do stupid crap (steet racing, cheap parts, half assed work), and sometimes I'll offer a reccomendation or an opinion on what could be done differently and some ideas for improvement.

A car enthusiasts likes all cars, sure they have there favorites and cars they wouldn't want themselves, but respect the passion and drive others have because they share that same passion. Everyone else doesn't matter.

-Chris

Friday, October 06, 2006 2:12 PM on j-body.org
I think for most of us with J's its a no win situation, the hot rodders and the V8 crowd is still stuck in the 60s and has no concept of practicality or technology. Theres nothing revolutionary about a 300hp V8, its been around for 40 years, and the fact of the matter is you can get as much or more out of an an engine half the size because these old pushrods are so poorly designed. So these ppl with no sense of modern thinking think that pretty much anything with a PCM is the devil, they should just become Amish or something. So these ppl think they are badass because they have a bigger engine thats really not better and thats really all they got going for them. Theres nothing more priceless in this world than embarrassing a v8 with a 4 banger.

Now on to the import crowd, they have technology out the wazoo which most of it either doesnt work, or extremely over rated. VVT is a nice idea but most car companys dont use it the right way and its nothing more than a band aid for a weak motor, you shouldnt need to rev to 7000 to get 130ft lbs of torque. If your car came with a half decent engine, you wouldnt need to swap it. All these honda guys just go on reciting meanless numbers and lettters and think that simply because it comes from Japan it must be better. So they have this crusade against anything domestic. Honestly I find it a bit like treason to support these cars. It seems wrong to me to down your own country, Id rather drive something that was built here and the money stays here. Granted alot of foreign companies are now making cars here, but only cause its cheaper for them, all the money still goes back overseas. So the import crowd thinks they are so much better

So with these being the 2 major groups of car ppl who do we fit in with, fact is theres really not that many of us and a majority of cavalier and sunfire owners are too busy trying to immitate the imports instead of developing what they have. That and most of them are complete tools and not the kinda ppl that you want to associate yourself with anyway. So owning a modded J is not an easy thing and for the most part its lonely

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Friday, October 06, 2006 7:06 PM on j-body.org
Interesting topic here. I can relate to the people who catch hell for modding a j-body. I share a garage with 2 people...one of which is my landlord. He's 62 years old and is currently building a 41 pontiac on an s-10 frame. Its a beautiful car. my other friend is 25 and starting on a 48 plymouth. theyre both big into the hotrod thing, and I get alot of s$%t from them cuz im doing a 96 cavalier. its something i take with a grain of salt. I own it, and for 4 years I have wanted to build it. so damn it I'm going to do it. Honesltly they have leaned a bit from me and I from them as well. they really arent youre stereotypical hot rodders though either. but I am def the butt of most jokes around the shop. I like my car and cant wait to get it done. and thats all that matters to me. just like I know that they like theyre cars. its an appreciation factor, that most people dont understand. its a car. regardless of age or model. its a hobby. We're painting the same picture, just with a different canvas is how I look at it. so I say keep plugging away. if it makes you happy in the end then who cares what other people think.
Saturday, October 07, 2006 7:28 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:The difference between ricer (or greaser if you're into hot rods) and an enthusiast isn't money or style...

Quick question for those of us not from the baby boom

What would be the stereotypical definition of a greaser?
Sunday, October 08, 2006 7:48 AM on j-body.org
Go rent the movie Grease... fast forward to the part in the garage.
Watch Back to the Future II... Biff in the early 60's.

Ricers in the 50's/60's = Greasers.
Again... its the attitude, not the ride.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, February 12, 2007 9:45 PM on j-body.org
i am also a hot rodder.i've owned my share of muscle and my share of import.i had camaros and mustangs and i drive a 98 z24.i had a civic.
i currently am working on a 1941 buick special 8 fastback 4dr sedan.but i still have a sweet spot for tuner cars.i don't care what it is if someone took the time to put some love into it i can respect that.
but u always get the bad one or the ricers as they are called.
my cousin has a 1992 nisan 240 sx.when he first aqquired it it needed work but was very snappy and fun to drive.well now with over 300000 k on it it is well worn out.the frame is broke in 3 spots and the strut is comin through the hood.and he still thinks it will wipe camaros.that is the ultimate bad example.
i've also seen a stock looking civic hatchback line up against a 1980 ta with a monstrous scoop and a well built 350 get blown away.

i will always give credit where credit is due.

tuning and hotrodding are the same thing many old guys will say that.both have the love and the desire sure there will always be posers but with enough hard work evryone will forget about them and remeber your gorgeous car
and thats that

Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:58 PM on j-body.org
A lot of people dont' look at it from the get go. Everyone assumes that the "ricers" and tuners are the ones with the attitude saying they are better, but its the comments and bulls*it that they have to put up from the muscle car owners that gives them that attitude. I was talking to this customer at work the other day and he mentioned how he goes to car meets and street races, and I asked him what he owned. He said he owns a twin turbo Mustang. I made a small joke and go "ah, you're the guy hating the tuner's, eh?", and his exact response was "yea, their all ricers". He then told me his Mustang runs 9's. Its like....uhhh, you put THAT much into a Mustang...to street race it, and then bash tuners...? That makes some sense. I've never seen a Muscle guy actually have a decent attitude about the car modding scene. One of the funniest moments I had last Winter when it was snowing out was going down Ridgeland. I pull up to this light and a guy in a bright red Firebird pulls up next to me. I had my window down a tad (I always do, I have a great cold tolerence), and I heard him say something about "gay Cavalier". I look over and he calls me a ricer and says I should just drive a Civic (like that made any sense). The light turns green, I just go like usual, his tires keep spinning (gotta love the traction in those cars in the snow), I'm going like normal and he is coming up on me. I'm slowing down at the next light, and he tries to stop, the car loses control, goes though the intersection sideways and bounces up onto a curb. You heard a decent crash noise and I'm sure he screwed up his rims and underside of the car. I looked at him directly when I went past, laughed in his direction and flipped him off. Does this story have any meaning...sure. Mr. Muscle thought he was so much better then me, yet couldn't even control his own car in that kind of weather and crashed it trying to act better. I drove home that day, and he probably needed a tow. Thats why I can't stand muscle car guys. Like it was said earlier, its all a pissing contest. No one can really give compliments, its all "I'm better, "No, I'm better" bulls*it.
Monday, February 26, 2007 6:38 AM on j-body.org
Exodus 259 wrote:A lot of people dont' look at it from the get go. Everyone assumes that the "ricers" and tuners are the ones with the attitude saying they are better, but its the comments and bulls*it that they have to put up from the muscle car owners that gives them that attitude. I was talking to this customer at work the other day and he mentioned how he goes to car meets and street races, and I asked him what he owned. He said he owns a twin turbo Mustang. I made a small joke and go "ah, you're the guy hating the tuner's, eh?", and his exact response was "yea, their all ricers". He then told me his Mustang runs 9's. Its like....uhhh, you put THAT much into a Mustang...to street race it, and then bash tuners...? That makes some sense. I've never seen a Muscle guy actually have a decent attitude about the car modding scene. One of the funniest moments I had last Winter when it was snowing out was going down Ridgeland. I pull up to this light and a guy in a bright red Firebird pulls up next to me. I had my window down a tad (I always do, I have a great cold tolerence), and I heard him say something about "gay Cavalier". I look over and he calls me a ricer and says I should just drive a Civic (like that made any sense). The light turns green, I just go like usual, his tires keep spinning (gotta love the traction in those cars in the snow), I'm going like normal and he is coming up on me. I'm slowing down at the next light, and he tries to stop, the car loses control, goes though the intersection sideways and bounces up onto a curb. You heard a decent crash noise and I'm sure he screwed up his rims and underside of the car. I looked at him directly when I went past, laughed in his direction and flipped him off. Does this story have any meaning...sure. Mr. Muscle thought he was so much better then me, yet couldn't even control his own car in that kind of weather and crashed it trying to act better. I drove home that day, and he probably needed a tow. Thats why I can't stand muscle car guys. Like it was said earlier, its all a pissing contest. No one can really give compliments, its all "I'm better, "No, I'm better" bulls*it.

your just as bad as all of them stereotyping tuners. based on one incident, you stereotype the whole group and hate them.

i never had a problem w/ the older hot rodder guys. ive been to local car shows and ive had several come up to me and talk about the air ride suspensions and ive had good 1/2 hour conversations w/ them on installing and doing air ride. just like any buch though, there is a group of them that are closed minded. oh well i just ignore stupid @!#$ like that

Monday, February 26, 2007 9:50 PM on j-body.org
You completely missed my point. The point was that the tuner people mainly have attitudes and hatred toward the muscle car group cause they start s*it constantly too. Everyone tosses blame at the tuner people constantly, when everyone over looks the fact that the muscle people seem to think they have some never ending battle with them for no reason. I just said one exmaple, and I've had PLENTY more, yet I've NEVER started anything with them. So explain how I'm just as bad as the tuner people by "hating on muscle guys", when i have yet to start anything with them, act better then them, or say my car blows theirs away? Cause the last I checked, they are the ones starting with me.
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:55 PM on j-body.org
I'm one of those "muscle car guys" that you guys speak of..

I like V-8's simply because, the saying "There is no replacement for displacement" is exactly true.

This will start a huge fight I am sure, but I don't care.

Take a 4 cylinder and turbo it, you get good power. Now, turbo a bigger motor and you get more power, again dominating the smaller engine.

Basically what I am saying is, no matter what you do to a smaller engine, do the same to a bigger engine and you will see more power, and that smaller engine will never catch up to that big engine.

I don't mind some of the tuner crowd, but when they start insulting my car with the typical stereotype bull@!#$, then it makes me mad. They never appreciate what I drive, and basically can't come to realize that I am probably faster than them anyway.

I pulled up to a lot here in town one night and there were a few Civics, one J, and a 3000GT (non VR4)

Every single one of them would not race me, but when they left the parking lot they revved up their fart cans and tried to haul ass when they were leaving, they went no where. I asked the guy with the 3000GT to race and he said no because his MAF sensor was screwed up. Guess what he did when he left, mashed all over it to try to show off to me.

I waited until they all came back, showed them what real power sounds like and when I left I mashed all the @!#$ over it, when I hit second I had a nice loss of traction and I was gone... now NONE of the import crowd here will come near me, no matter how hard I try.

Best part is, I only have a 305.

1983 Camaro Z28
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:59 PM on j-body.org
To add to my last post, the new rumor around town is that I have a highly built 383 stroker and now I have all of these LS1 Camaros messing with me and stuff, which I don't mind at all. Sure, they kick my ass but it's cool to run 'em.

Guess who started that rumor though? Those guys that were in that parking lot. I never told them what I had..

1983 Camaro Z28

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:08 PM on j-body.org
I rarely agree with JimmyZ... but he has probably just made one of realest posts that this site has ever seen.

99 out of 100 people on this site dont understand that just because you slap a body kit and an intake on your 2200 does not make you a hot rodder and defintly not a racer.

------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:48 AM on j-body.org
ling427ttvette wrote:I'm one of those "muscle car guys" that you guys speak of..

I like V-8's simply because, the saying "There is no replacement for displacement" is exactly true.

This will start a huge fight I am sure, but I don't care.

Take a 4 cylinder and turbo it, you get good power. Now, turbo a bigger motor and you get more power, again dominating the smaller engine.

Basically what I am saying is, no matter what you do to a smaller engine, do the same to a bigger engine and you will see more power, and that smaller engine will never catch up to that big engine.

I don't mind some of the tuner crowd, but when they start insulting my car with the typical stereotype bull@!#$, then it makes me mad. They never appreciate what I drive, and basically can't come to realize that I am probably faster than them anyway.

I pulled up to a lot here in town one night and there were a few Civics, one J, and a 3000GT (non VR4)

Every single one of them would not race me, but when they left the parking lot they revved up their fart cans and tried to haul ass when they were leaving, they went no where. I asked the guy with the 3000GT to race and he said no because his MAF sensor was screwed up. Guess what he did when he left, mashed all over it to try to show off to me.

I waited until they all came back, showed them what real power sounds like and when I left I mashed all the @!#$ over it, when I hit second I had a nice loss of traction and I was gone... now NONE of the import crowd here will come near me, no matter how hard I try.

Best part is, I only have a 305.

Well see, I'm not saying your wrong. Obviously a Vette will blow away a Cavalier, or a Z28 with eat a Sunfire, etc, etc. That v8 "no replacement for displacement" is true. The whole thing boils down to the muscle car people using this constantly. As another example, I had a guy at my work telling me my car wouldn't hold its own to his, mine sucks, that'll go no where, etc. What did he have exactly...A 9 second Chevelle that was pushing about 700hp without spray. A car he put years and years into yet and it bragging about it over mine. Well obviously I've had my car for 2 years, I make payments on it, and I have a lot of other things to spend my money on then a performance super track car. How the hell would I even be able to mod something like that let alone afford something like that?? His argument was completely ridiculous. Then i found out the same day from a co worker of his, that he actually blew the engine on it and that it hasn't been running for about the past 4 years. So he is bragging about this thing, yet it doesn't even have an engine anymore, lol.

I can understand you're point though if you've had them insult you only to not back anything up. Like I said though, I haven't started anything with muscle car guys. I know my car isn't faster, and probably doesn't have near as much money into it as them, so I can appreciate it. Yet when they are calling me a loser, and a wannbe, etc, its like WTF did I do to you?! I'm over here complimenting their car and seeing what is done to it, and they are bashing me saying they can smoke me in a race. Uhhh, obviiously. I've had nothing but negative run ins with muscle car people. Yet people say I'm being a sterio type by hating on them... well, kinda. They all start with me, so why would I like them?
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 6:31 PM on j-body.org
Well, I've noticed that alot of the F-body guys are huge @!#$s because they think they are superior to everything on the road. Fact is, the F-body's are fast, but that does not mean they have to act like they do.

I do not mind a tastefully done import, but I do not like cars that are made with all of these fast looking parts, but no actual power adding parts to make it faster, and then they sit there and talk @!#$ about how their car is faster than mine.

That's one thing I would never do, if a guy with the biggest POS Honda (gay body kit, neons, fart can, park bench wing) came up to me and complimented my car, I would not sit there and call him a loser, I would just simply tell him that his car isn't really my taste, but I could appreciate that he atleast wants to drive something that he is trying to make his own.

Alot of the hardcore hot-rodder guys just simply won't look outside the box, the fact is, there are imports out there that are fast as @!#$, but they will still sit there and say that the import sucks and their american car would blow it away. That would be like me saying my 305 with a lumpy cam would smoke a twin turboed, tubbed and slicked Supra.

1983 Camaro Z28
Sunday, March 04, 2007 9:25 AM on j-body.org
hto rodders are gay best thing u can do is ignore them if they got sumthin nice to say cool if not screw them they started with nothing jsut liek veryone else just cuz he has 2x the cylinders as us doesnt mean crap most of us on here are trying to build nice rides sumthign we can be pround of not to impress hot rodders or ne one else

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search