Baptists adopting Sharia law? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Baptists adopting Sharia law?
Monday, August 21, 2006 8:08 AM on j-body.org
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060821/ap_on_fe_st/sunday_school_men_only_2

Something tells me this councilman will not have his job past the next election...

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Re: Baptists adopting Sharia law?
Monday, August 21, 2006 8:28 AM on j-body.org
There's got to be more reason to why she was fired. Not to get Oliver Stone about this, but after 54 years of teaching it's all of the sudden against the Bible?

Maybe she refused to take the retirement offer, or LaBouf had another teacher that he wanted to hire.

Keeper, this guy may get re-elected, just because of this. Look at how many people voted for our C average president just because of his supposed higher moral ground. As long as LaBouf doesn't pull a Mel Gibson...

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Monday, August 21, 2006 8:40 AM on j-body.org
It will all depend on how many feminists and feminazis will stuff the ballot boxes just to oust this guy. I see them being more militant than the chauvenists.

I do see more of a reason, too. Either that or she was fodder and he was paid to make a political suicide.

See kids, this is is your brain on religion...any questions?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, August 21, 2006 1:14 PM on j-body.org
For his next trick, he's going to kiss his own anus, and the Anus will swallow his head.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:37 AM on j-body.org
^^^I thought that was how they announced hockey referrees.

Still, you really have to wonder in america how he thought he could get away with that without serious repercussions.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:40 AM on j-body.org
Their has to be more to this story, but we'll never know.

The guy in question really has some explaining to do.. I'm betting that after 54 years, she's getting a bit old for the job and maybe they just don't want to tell her that? Funny way to spre someone's feelings though.. "umm ya, we didn't fire you because you're old, it's because you were born with the wrong genatalia"...

The passage in Timothy does not say that women are not to teach but that are not hold authority over a man in that teaching. The passage (originally in Greek, I suggest reading it that way) explains that women are not to teach to men regarding the "will of God". That is quite different from, "women are not to teach" at all, ever.

Leave it to one silly pastor, or councilman to totally miss the point of the scripture and pout their own values onto it. Just figures, happens all the time.

It is a sin to read any more or less into the word of God than was given. If God said kill all blue birds then you do not spare the pretty ones and you do not kill their green cousins. Similarily with the Book of Timothy it would be sinfull to ignore the passage but just as sinful tro say that it means women are not to teach. It is an outright lie if you read the entire work, a very poor interpretation if you read only that one passage.

The guy is dolt who must learn or perish. He certainly has not humbled himself before God and allowed the Bible to teach him... Anything.

PAX
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 7:48 AM on j-body.org
^^^the only problem with that form of logic would be thinking about, say, Mother Theresa misitering to a man, if i'm reading that right.

Still, it goes to prove a point that i've tried to make all along, when there's power, prestige, position, or money involved, you can bet that some fartknocker will take what is "holy scripture" and twist it to serve their benefits. (and i quote holy scripture because it is a relativistic term. For all we know, in 2000 years, the latest Dean Koontz novel might be the holy book du jure. Thus, it could be anything that a group of people hold holy: Bible, Book of Mormon, Dead Sea Scros, Torah, Quran, et al.)

And yes, I do know we don't know the full story, but still, coming off as chauvenistic like that is most likely gonna end up as political suicide.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:30 AM on j-body.org
Ah but there's no reason Mother Teressa could not minister to a man (if she were alive) providing she does not hold authority over that man regarding the will of God. See?

It's explained much the same as an employment scenerio. As Jesus is Lord and yet subservant to the Godhead, people are the body of the Church and there is a hiarchy. Like when you go to work, you are all part of the organisation but there is a boss and rules to follow. That is not to say that any of those individuals are less human or more human, only that there is a structure to follow. The same goes for the church. Within the body of the church all are equal (God loves all of his children) but there is a structure in order to prevent chaos. That structure is role defining and not sexist. It may look sexist on the surface and can be twisted to be sexist but the reality is the God is not sexist and if you follow God's rules you will not be either. It is a sin to imply anything, or twist, or bend or alter in any way God's word.

The passage also says that women are to be Quiet and learn, but that is a bit misleading as the original Greek "quiet" means something more like "be still" or "be calm". The passage means that (as women tend to be multi taskers) women should stop working or fussing about while being taught. They are allowed to both ask and answer questions.

Before the "feminists" jump in, yes there is the question of the priesthood, that is definately defined as a male role but there is good reason. The Priest is the representation of Christ when he is performing his priestly duties. As Christ was male, so must his representative be. Christ's maleness is important in cerimony and the reality that Christ was a man (of mankind) and a male is very important. Historicly, culturaly and in faith the maleness of Christ is not to be ignored.

PAX
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 8:33 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:For his next trick, he's going to kiss his own anus, and the Anus will swallow his head.

See that lump in his throat? Yeah, that's his nose.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:24 AM on j-body.org
^^^which is fine, hahaha, i won't argue about chritian law based on the bible sicne i'm not christian, i'll only argue the point on whether or not the bible is the valid word of god in it's current incarnation, but we've been down that road before After all, we can throw Mary Magdaline into the mix and this can go deeper tha the Marianas trench.

But still, at least we agree that using scripture to fire someone is bad.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 12:04 PM on j-body.org
Mary M was a deciple of Christ and a good one too. The writing both by her and about her were tainted by Gnostics in or about the 2nd century though, so none of them can be trusted. Christ felt her worthy and anything bad said about her can be countered with "She was a desiple of Christ so shut up"

In it's current form the Bible is still valid. We just need to be careful when reading it as all english words have multiple meanings (enough of them anyway). Like the "be quiet" from above. Quiet can refer to a lack of sound, or action and motion. You must keep in mind all of God's principle teachings and you cannot be lead too far astray by the language of our day. It is much better in Hebrew, Latin and Greek but accessability is important.

Do not be as dogs in the manger. They will not eat, and they will not allow others to eat either.

PAX

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 1:23 PM on j-body.org
^^^Which then begs the question. Assuming Mary M. was alive to day, could she teach, to a male pastor, "the will of god?" That's what i meant in this could go deep.

And my point on the bible was this: There are so many versions out there, compared to the Greek, Latin, and Hebrew versions that if you take them as a holy book, then take the meaning, not the words to face value. Otherwise it could be implied that the buttocks are the most flexible part of the body, when Moses tied his ass to a tree and walked up a mountain.

You know the above is a farse, as do I, but many times context is not carried over in translation. Many times people will construe the meanings, as this guy did, to use it to justify his own ends.

Not just in the Bilbe, of course...Think the Torah and Quran as well. Give it enough time and you'll have a few rogue pastafarians that will use the will of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to their own advantage.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 3:03 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]Give it enough time and you'll have a few rogue pastafarians that will use the will of the Flying Spaghetti Monster to their own advantage.

PASTAFARIANS!
I have a new favorite word. Thanks, KOTL.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:10 PM on j-body.org
I can't and won't take credit for that word...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pastafarians

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, August 23, 2006 4:50 PM on j-body.org
Well, no. Acording to Timithy, she could not teach any male about the will of God. Then again, who is fit?

PAX
Thursday, August 24, 2006 8:35 AM on j-body.org
If scripture is to be believed, i guess Jesus and Jesus alone.

Which, IMHO, would make all of the popes little more than the valet parkers to the company Jag, in which only Jesus was given the keys and allowed them to park it. And of course, they had to take the thing for a spin around the block to try and impress people.

Just my opinion

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search