Audio of sailors creed and 11 orders - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Audio of sailors creed and 11 orders
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:03 AM on j-body.org
I leave for bootcamp Oct. 12...going into the Nuclear Field, and I was wondering if anyone knew a place I could find an audio file of Sailors creed and 11 general orders so I can put on my mp3 to listen to as I run? I have tried LimeWare found nothing

Re: Audio of sailors creed and 11 orders
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:38 AM on j-body.org
your best bet would be to do it yourself. get a microphone for your computer. use the built in recorder, and read the creed and 11 general orders. it will be recorded as a .wav file. using a .wav to .mp3 converter, and then copy it to your player

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 4:19 PM on j-body.org
You mean this?

The Sailor's Creed wrote:

I am a United States Sailor.

I will support and defend the Consitution of the United States of America, and I will obey the orders of those appointed over me.
I represent the Fighting Spirit of the Navy, and those who have gone before me to defend Freedom and Democracy around the world.
I proudly serve my country's Navy Combat Team with Honor, Courage, and Commitment.
I am commited to excellence, and the fair treatment of all.

http://seawarrior.blogspot.com/

11 General Orders wrote:
Eleven General Orders
1. To take charge of this post and all government property in view.
2. To walk my post in a military manner, keeping always on the alert and observing everything within sight or hearing.
3. To report all violations of orders I am instructed to enforce.
4. To repeat all calls from posts more distant from the guardhouse than my own.
5. To quit my post only when properly relieved.
6. To receive, obey, and pass on to the sentry who relieves me all orders from the Commanding Officer, Command Duty Officer, Officer of the Deck and officers and petty officers of the watch.
7. To talk to no one except in the line of duty.
8. To give the alarm in case of fire or disorder.
9. To call the petty officer of the watch in any case not covered by instructions.
10. To salute all officers and all colors and standards not cased.
11. To be especially watchful at night, and during the time for challenging, to challenge all persons on or near my post and to allow no one to pass without proper authority.

I'll see what I can do.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 7:50 PM on j-body.org
GAM I would really like that thanks
Thursday, September 07, 2006 8:57 AM on j-body.org
I'll do what I can.

I know some people that do voice over work. If searching fails.

Monday, September 11, 2006 3:59 AM on j-body.org
You should do yourself a favor and ask your recruiter for his/her copy of their Blue Jacket's Manual. Give that a quick read through. You'll get your very own in Boot Camp, but it would have been nice to know the basic layout in the begining.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:35 AM on j-body.org
Don't forget to learn "Anchors Away." Seriously......you'll need it for "the tunnel."

-----------------------------------------------------------
A heap of broken images, where the sun beats,
And the dead tree gives no shelter, the crickets no relief,
And the dry stone no sound of water. Only
There is a shadow under this red rock,
(Come in under the shadow of this red rock),
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:02 AM on j-body.org
^LOL

I remember that

Desert Tuners

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:10 AM on j-body.org
Damn, your creed is short compared to the NCO creed. Let's see if I remember it off the top of my head...

Quote:

No one is more professional than I. I am a Non-Commissioned Officer, a leader of soldiers. As a Noncommissioned Officer, I realize that I am a member of a time honored corps, which is known as "The Backbone of the Army". I am proud of the Corps of Non-Commissioned Officers and will at all times conduct myself so as to bring credit upon the Corps, the Military Service and my country regardless of the situation in which I find myself. I will not use my grade or position to attain pleasure, profit, or personal safety.

Competence is my watchword. My two basic responsibilities will always be uppermost in my mind -- accomplishment of my mission and the welfare of my soldiers. I will strive to remain tactically and technically proficient. I am aware of my role as a Non-Commissioned Officer. I will fulfill my responsibilities inherent in that role. All soldiers are entitled to outstanding leadership; I will provide that leadership. I know my soldiers and I will always place their needs above my own. I will communicate consistently with my soldiers and never leave them uninformed. I will be fair and impartial when recommending both rewards and punishment.

Officers of my unit will have maximum time to accomplish their duties; they will not have to accomplish mine. I will earn their respect and confidence as well as that of my soldiers. I will be loyal to those with whom I serve; seniors, peers, and subordinates alike. I will exercise initiative by taking appropriate action in the absence of orders. I will not compromise my integrity, nor my moral courage. I will not forget, nor will I allow my comrades to forget that we are professionals, Non-Commissioned Officers, leaders.

Then again, we only have 3 general orders, so I guess it evens out. I don't know the soldier's creed off hand. They changed it from when I first came in. It's the warrior ethos now or some such @!#$.

You can type it up in PDF form and the newest version of Adobe Reader will read the text out loud to you. Just save.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:44 PM on j-body.org
I'll get one of my friends to do a quickie Voice reading, or failling that, I'll do it for ya... I can't find it anywhere.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 6:02 PM on j-body.org
thanks a bunch GAM

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 9:16 PM on j-body.org
NP. I'll try and get it for you by the weekend if that's alright.

If anyone else wants stuff read and MP3'd let me know.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:23 AM on j-body.org
Well, since you are offering...

Could you record some bed time stories so I can listen to your voice as I fall asleep? That would be great.

Team GREEN
Suspension Division - "Handling Before Horsepower"
Making the turns since 1999
1998 EK Civic Hatch - Yes, it's a Honda.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:36 AM on j-body.org
I'd like "The Catebury Tales" by Geoffery Chaucer in the original old English please. I have a copy but it's been translated to early modern English.

For that matter, I'd like a copy of the Iliad as I'll never read it, I just don't have the patience.

PAX
Wednesday, September 13, 2006 5:16 PM on j-body.org
if you could hook me up with Dante's Divine Comedy, that would be great.

Desert Tuners

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 11:33 PM on j-body.org
Hahahaha: there is a DAISY MP3 format release from CNIB for Canterbury Tales, although, I don't know of any middle english direct speech conversions. If you want, there is Beowulf in the original language (I think it's Danish? ). I wonder though, why do you want to read a book with an entire chapter devoted to man's ass?

RaiLS: The only bedtime stories I know are ones that end with a brit tommy getting crotch stomped by an Irish right before they get a shileilagh in the temple.

Freq: See Hahahaha...

If you want professional reading/voice acting services, they usually run you about $175-200 an hour. I don't have a DAC facility.. its going to be dead simple.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 7:56 PM on j-body.org
http://rapidshare.de/files/33871592/TK_2_Eleven_Gen_Orders_stand.wxx.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/33872017/TK_2_Sailors_creed_sit.wxx.html

Roy:

Sorry that took so long. I had been hounding a friend of mine that does voice overs and voiceprint reading to do this (mainly because he has nice audio equipment), but you've got me on the el-cheese-o mic. Sorry for the scrachiness.

Just change the file extensions to .wav and you're set.

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:55 AM on j-body.org
Could you upload this again? I'm shipping out in December and I want to make sure I know this! I found the Marine General orders, and it's slightly different, and I just KNOW Ill say the wrong one to Chief. >.O
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 2:57 PM on j-body.org
Good luck in NFAS and NNPT. Say goodbye to your life for about a year.

Seriously, even though the class work is quick paced and seems never ending, you'll have a blast as long as you don't slack off.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008 4:23 PM on j-body.org
Sorry Ashley, I don't even have my cheesey mic anymore.... Thank my cat Louis.

Thank him.

C'mon...

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search