Stupid NEW laws - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Stupid NEW laws
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:24 AM on j-body.org
The mayor of Toledo OH is back to making stupid laws. Yesterday he enacted that NO trash be put out NO earlier than 5pm the day before trash pickup or else you'll get fined $75,150,300 depending on the number of citations you've received. It's a good way to piss of the senior residents who routinely set their trash out in the early afternoon. Last month he made a law that states that Garage sale, home for sale etc... signs shall not be put out on street corners and not to be put out no more than 3 days before garage sale or home showing and shall be taken down immediately after sale or showing or else face a fine of $75,150,300 etc... Instead of enacting these stupid laws maybe he should work on the crime problem in the city. Any new stupid laws in your community? feel free to post them.

Re: Stupid NEW laws
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:59 AM on j-body.org
A mayor can enact city ordinances?

I thought you needed a town council for that.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 8:52 AM on j-body.org
It sounds like the mayor needs $75,150,300.00 to pay off a debt to a crakc dealer.

I know what you mean fines of $75 $150 and $300. Just looked funny the way you typed it. I also thought you needed a town council to pass such ordinances not just the mayor.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 9:47 AM on j-body.org
I'm glad he's solved all of Toledo's other problems. That place must be paradise.

---

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 3:59 PM on j-body.org
....so, why haven't you voted him out of office yet...

After all, torches and pitchforks send a message

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006 7:04 PM on j-body.org
I think an angry mob is a good thing once in a while... keeps the people in charge on their toes.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006 11:32 PM on j-body.org
Welcome to the wonderful world of political volley ball. While you're focusing on the stupid laws, they're sneaking in other things under the radar.

And Garbage Hts, I mean Garfield Hts (suburb of Cleveland OH) has had the garbage law for the last few decades. It's supposed to reduce rodents and garbage pickers. I don't like rats, but garbage pickers are actually doing good for the environment, it's recycling.

About 5 years ago they passed laws regarding signs for realtors and even make you buy a permit for a garage sale. You're limited on what you may put up for any sign, and a garage sale sign must be one of the "city approved" signs that come with the "Garage sale kit".

I have a busybody neighbor who saw me taking my garbage out before 6pm and began to scold me like I was his child. So I took my garbage cans, lifted them over the fence and told him I wouldn't be home for 2 days, and he could take it to the curb after 6 for me. I assume he did it, because I did leave for 2 days and when I got back, the cans were empty in my backyard.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, October 25, 2006 7:13 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]....so, why haven't you voted him out of office yet...
Funny you should say that, He was voted back in office last November, lol . Ever since that riot last year the city has been going down hill, although our sports teams have brought home top prizes in thier leagues. In my mother in laws neighborhood there are 3 gangs fighting for supremacy, 5years ago there was no gang activity worry about there. Robberies are rampant especially around UT and central toledo.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006 6:40 PM on j-body.org
in my town, we arent allowed to park along the street anymore, also we arent allowed to have any cars up on blocks on our property, its stupid, especialy since i live in a borderline hicktown and everyone has at least 1 dead car

Friday, October 27, 2006 12:41 PM on j-body.org
not really a local thing, but this is a great new state law. In PA, you need to be licensed in order to recieve payment for braiding someone's hair. I understand that we regulate most everything in our society, but it is interesting how the law specifies braiding hair, but says nothing about cutting, dying, or any other form of hair styling.
Friday, October 27, 2006 4:48 PM on j-body.org
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:in my town, we arent allowed to park along the street anymore, also we arent allowed to have any cars up on blocks on our property, its stupid, especialy since i live in a borderline hicktown and everyone has at least 1 dead car

I think everywhere it is like that.

In my city, you cannot have a vehicle deemed inoperable in public view at all.
you can't repair your car in public view at all.
you cannot park on the gravel on the side of YOUR OWN driveway.
you cannot park facing the opposite direction (pass. door is always supposed to face the curb).
you cannot park more than 12 in. away from a curb.
you cannot have fireworks.
they give you tickets if your law isn't maintained properly.

I understand they try to be fair to the idiots who speak all day at city hall to the city council about how all this stuff is affecting their property value, but I think if it's your land you should be able to do what you want.

Saturday, October 28, 2006 9:48 PM on j-body.org
Does it not seem that most cities create laws that make no sense just to CREATE revenue.But that said the intention is to make everything better and look picture perfect while it contridicts all the other bs that is far more important.U can say those obsurd stop light cameras make things safer but,that is not true it has proven to cause more accidents than to prevent drivers from not stopping when there suppose to.It's all bureaucratic BS with the intention to make everything all cutzy,perfect,were protecting you the citizen,the ideal community,etc.Rather than our local goverments focus on real issue's they do things like above to make it seem they are accomplishing something worthy of the jobs they were hired for or voted in office to do,yeah right.

Sunday, October 29, 2006 8:32 AM on j-body.org
Why not stand up and fight it?? Lose the pitchforks and march. Find people who support you and take a stand. Why is it no one ever wants to go that route anymore? O that rights you gave the govt. the ability to totally control the populace. Now they trace everything you do and leave it on your record, which hurts your job opp. and your credit. People just keep giving and I think a classic quote is, "Govt. should be afraid of their people not people afraid of their govt.," and it seems like yours and most govt., in the US especially, do not fear their people anymore. Voting does not do anything either, all the people elected are backed by the same people. Something has to change and it has to start somewhere. Why not start it with stupid laws and move our way up?
Sunday, October 29, 2006 9:51 AM on j-body.org
Gary wrote:Why not stand up and fight it?? Lose the pitchforks and march. Find people who support you and take a stand. Why is it no one ever wants to go that route anymore? O that rights you gave the govt. the ability to totally control the populace. Now they trace everything you do and leave it on your record, which hurts your job opp. and your credit. People just keep giving and I think a classic quote is, "Govt. should be afraid of their people not people afraid of their govt.," and it seems like yours and most govt., in the US especially, do not fear their people anymore. Voting does not do anything either, all the people elected are backed by the same people. Something has to change and it has to start somewhere. Why not start it with stupid laws and move our way up?

Relax, Gary. We're near the end of the American government as we know it. I'm going to go "Nostradamus" for a moment...

*Bush will invade Iran to "stop the spread of nukes". The campaign will be extremely taxing on the American military, as no other country will join us. It will be known as "Dessert detox"

* The American economy will crumble from the strain of fighting wars on too many fronts. Mass poverty and riots will ensue. People who have never commited a crime will be forced to steal to feed their families.

* The entire country will fall into Marshall Law. The government won't be able to handle all the wars and the domestic issues.

* Another country, most likely Great Britian will step in and offer to "assist" us with regaining control of our situation. When this happens, our government will fall and Great Britian will "help us" form a new government, the same way we're "helping" Iraq.. By setting up political puppets who do as they're told.

In the end, we'll be a British colony, just like this country started out. I'm sure they'll let us keep the flag, but they'll take away the right for us to have nukes or send troops anywhere we want. Freedoms? Check your history book, because that's the only place they'll exist.

We're going to implode from an economic failure, not a political uprising or invasion from foreign troops.

Unlike Davinci, I don't have to write my words in code or backwards, I still have the freedom to say as I please... at least this week.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Sunday, October 29, 2006 7:54 PM on j-body.org
Everyone always thinks I am angry. I just write with and angry style I guess. lol It is just a Marxist spin on the developing situation, sorry if it made me sound angry. I am really just tired of everyone complaining and no one doing anything about it, not focusing on just this arguement meaning in general, so I figured maybe I could motivate someone to action.
Monday, November 06, 2006 6:49 AM on j-body.org
A recent Editorial about the new garbage law and the mayor I found amusing Garbage in, garbage out .

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 6:18 PM on j-body.org
J Caff wrote:not really a local thing, but this is a great new state law. In PA, you need to be licensed in order to recieve payment for braiding someone's hair. I understand that we regulate most everything in our society, but it is interesting how the law specifies braiding hair, but says nothing about cutting, dying, or any other form of hair styling.

Actually, there are laws and certifications ruling over hair dying in professional settings; the chemicals in hair dyes can affect people who have reactions to them. so in order to dye hair for a professional salon, one must be board-certified.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 12:07 PM on j-body.org
Mikedirntrulez wrote:
LiquidFireCavy (mdk) wrote:in my town, we arent allowed to park along the street anymore, also we arent allowed to have any cars up on blocks on our property, its stupid, especialy since i live in a borderline hicktown and everyone has at least 1 dead car

I think everywhere it is like that.

In my city, you cannot have a vehicle deemed inoperable in public view at all.
you can't repair your car in public view at all.
you cannot park on the gravel on the side of YOUR OWN driveway.
you cannot park facing the opposite direction (pass. door is always supposed to face the curb).
you cannot park more than 12 in. away from a curb.
you cannot have fireworks.
they give you tickets if your law isn't maintained properly.

I understand they try to be fair to the idiots who speak all day at city hall to the city council about how all this stuff is affecting their property value, but I think if it's your land you should be able to do what you want.

i go the other way then you on this. i'd prefer those laws because my homevalue is directly related to you. most people that buy houses want their value to increase. if everyone around you has cars on blocks, doesnt cut their grass etc. landvalues will go in the dumper. take my dads house for example. hes had it for 20 years now and the neighborhood has gone to hell all the things you described and more are there and his house is worth the same as when they bought it. now my grandmothers house they built for 15k 40 years ago i believe or somewhere in there. her neighborhood is nice and neet and houses in her area are now worth 150k that is a huge deal to allot of people.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search