John Kerry's "botched joke?"! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: John Kerry's
Wednesday, November 01, 2006 9:58 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:

I showed that to my entire floor...they were rolling

Wednesday, November 01, 2006 11:11 PM on j-body.org
it's cases like Lenko that prove military members are smarter than civilians.

a four year degree in nursing costs you how much? how deep in debt are you going to be once you graduate?
now, a four year career as a Navy Corpman actually pays YOU to become a medic, and you have NO debt.

you get practical experience, and "battle hardened" experience; which, on a resume' will look a damn sight better than someone fresh out of the cap and gown.

not myself, but a few other people I joined the AF with are now civilian again, and making 180K a year, with ZERO college; compared to 4 year college graduates who have worked for 2 years and are still between 50k and 80k in DEBT.

civilians think they're smart... 180k a year is a load better than you're going to make at wal mart.

and Lenko, where the hell is my beer???

Thursday, November 02, 2006 3:43 AM on j-body.org
KevinP (The IOU One IDB) wrote:it's cases like Lenko that prove military members are smarter than civilians.

a four year degree in nursing costs you how much? how deep in debt are you going to be once you graduate?
now, a four year career as a Navy Corpman actually pays YOU to become a medic, and you have NO debt.

you get practical experience, and "battle hardened" experience; which, on a resume' will look a damn sight better than someone fresh out of the cap and gown.

not myself, but a few other people I joined the AF with are now civilian again, and making 180K a year, with ZERO college; compared to 4 year college graduates who have worked for 2 years and are still between 50k and 80k in DEBT.

civilians think they're smart... 180k a year is a load better than you're going to make at wal mart.

and Lenko, where the hell is my beer???

exactly...i was an aircraft avionics technician and now I am going to school on my own for the same thing, just for more experience, and im not even 9 months from graduating and already have companies wanting to hire me for more than they will pay any other graduate, plus I get state grants for school for being a vet, and the G.I. bill so i will only have a very slight debt from this.

anyone in the military is no less intellegent, and usually more intellegent (from what I have seen) than thier civilain counterparts.

John Kerry just needs to stop looking at his rectum from having his head so far up his ass and take a look at the real world, it wouldn't suprise me if he said his true feelings and is now backpedaling

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:36 AM on j-body.org
I think he meant to say "You end up with your army stuck in Iraq"

Either way, it was in poor taste.

Sure there are dummies in the army, they exist in every walk of life. I do know that most of the experts I have met that have military training are more knowledgeable than the average "expert" civilian. Seems to me that people with military training were paying attention and the civians were coasting to get a piece of paper. Of course that isn't the case 100% of the time, but often enough for me to notice.

In the military lives depend on you doing you job correctly. Lucky for me, livelyhoods depend on me doing my job correctly (people would lose income, then their homes if I screw up), so I think that keeps me on my toes and ahead of the curve. It's the personal responsability for other's lives that keeps you alert .. Maybe..

PAX
Thursday, November 02, 2006 7:55 AM on j-body.org
I think what he meant to say was...

"You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck working at Walmart."

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:02 AM on j-body.org
Glace wrote:Of course as in every general statement there are exceptions but this is generally true.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:16 AM on j-body.org
ive been in college for 3 years. I have not accumulated ANY debt whatsoever. My parents DO NOT pay for my school. so what's this about 50k in debt after being in college for 4 years? maybe some people do get loans/credit cards/etc. But I work hard to pay for my school. I also attend school FULL time, and work FULL time. plus, I have managed to dump about 10k into my J. It's all in how you distribute your money.

My plan is to go up to a Docotrate's degree. without a single cent of debt, without even considering joining te military. so far, ive succeeded. so this outrageous amount of debt being a consequence of going to school is NOT always true.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:51 AM on j-body.org
I went through both College and University, and left with a large amount of debt (~80K) that was gone 3 years after graduating. I got lucky and saved every penny like STUPID, I didn't get a nickle from anyone, and I'm in a really damned good job.

I didn't need the military... And, I wouldn't have gone into the Military if it were an option for me. I'm not adept to taking orders, and never have been. I don't trust blindly. The pay isn't the best and Canadian Military benefits aren't... great.

If you can swing college either way, it's your choice. Professional accreditation is one thing, military experience is another. I've met some real door knobs in IT that came out of the Military, and Professional accreditation... it's about a 50/50 split.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 9:09 AM on j-body.org
yes you do have a point in it being split 50/50. we can't say EVERYONE in the military is ignorant/stupid/follows orders blindly. But we do have to agree on that most of the soldiers with the lowest rank hardly have any education, that is after highschool. Which is the main reason they join the military, they dont want to go through the hassle of going to school again. Or they just dont want debt. But as I mentioned before, so far I have not accumulated any debt., so its possible to go through without any loans, just alot harder.

personally, I would rather have 100K of debt and end up paying it for the next 50 years than to join the military. Im like the one that posted before me, I will NOT take orders from anyone, especially if they're yelling at me. Ill do a favor if someone asks me to, but I wont be ORDERED to do anything.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:48 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Well thats great for you.

Anyways, im greatly considering the army or Airforce, Im in college right now, but I really want to join the military, and I think im pretty smart lol. Every single one of my freinds that went into the service didnt have a problem with school. And I guarantee you, that even if their level of education or whatever is lower before they join, it is higher then the average American when they get out.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 10:55 AM on j-body.org

Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:17 AM on j-body.org
Hopes and Dreams Fan Club members.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 11:37 AM on j-body.org
I think this whole "controversy" is funny - in a stupid way. Why? Because when I read...
John Kerry wrote:You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq.

I thought he was referring to Bush too(as in Bush being stuck in Iraq) - and I thought it was funny. I can almost see how people would interpret that to be referring to solders but I think that's kind of an odd way to interpret it. Seeing that to be attacking soldiers instead of attacking Bush - is kinda forced and really defies common logic IMO. So really I see no need for him to apologize for that.

That being said I still dislike Kerry - but not for this "controversy." I also find it funny that he of all people would make that comment since (he must be forgetting that) he also voted to go to Iraq - He contributed towards "getting stuck in Iraq," so his joke should also be aimed at himself.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Thursday, November 02, 2006 1:26 PM on j-body.org
He voted for it after being given bad info from the Bush Administration.

Same thing with Patriot Act.

Some people got suspicious after PA, some didn't or wouldn't.

Thursday, November 02, 2006 5:16 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:

Don't ask, don't spell!

NO SOLDIER LEFT BEHIND!
Friday, November 03, 2006 12:20 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:He voted for it after being given bad info from the Bush Administration.

Yeah but GAM - he refused to waiver in his support for the war - until late in the Democratic primary race. He's a politician - what do you expect?

But I still stand by my belief that he isn't in the same infamy league as the uber-terrible president that is G. W. Bush. Therefore I still would vote for him against Bush any day of the week.

I still don't like him though. But that goes for most politicians on both "sides."

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Friday, November 03, 2006 1:15 PM on j-body.org
Young Lenko (1.8 dub) wrote:
As far as thinking outside the box? I can tell you plenty of situations where myself and the crew of the sub I was riding were forced to think outside the box to form solutions to problems that could cost us a lot.

People who have never served in the military can not even grasp the level of intelligence of some service members. Our Nuclear rates who learn the equivalent to a bachelors in just 2 years of school. Our intel guys like myself who learn half the knowledge required for a communications degree in about 8 months, and not just the knowledge side of it the practical side as well. Thats one thing you'll never learn in college, practical work experience. I do my job every day and when I hit my 4 year mark could choose to get out and do it as a civilian for easily 75,000$ or higher STARTING OUT at age 21. Tell me I'd have a 75,000$ starting job with 4 years of college and I'll tell you you're full of a lot more than @!#$.

I joined the military not because I'm dumb, (in fact I scored in the top 1% of my high school on my SAT's), not because I was from a poor family, but just to serve my country and to see the world. Is that so hard to believe?
I also didn't want to be one of tens of thousands of people every year who graduate with a 4 year degree in a job field that is so saturated they won't find work, or better yet, will find work and be making LESS than what I'm making now.

Am I Scoffing at educated people? No, I eventually plan to go to college and get my degree while still on active duty. It just really gets to me to hear people talk down on service members like this. Remember people like myself the other on this board who have served, and our other men and women of the armed forces are the reason you can live in a free country and go to the college of your choice, and say the things you say about us.

you sir are a good man, and those are my thoughts exactly
Orlandomon wrote:ive been in college for 3 years. I have not accumulated ANY debt whatsoever. My parents DO NOT pay for my school. so what's this about 50k in debt after being in college for 4 years? maybe some people do get loans/credit cards/etc. But I work hard to pay for my school. I also attend school FULL time, and work FULL time. plus, I have managed to dump about 10k into my J. It's all in how you distribute your money.

My plan is to go up to a Docotrate's degree. without a single cent of debt, without even considering joining te military. so far, ive succeeded. so this outrageous amount of debt being a consequence of going to school is NOT always true.

its doctorates, not docotrates

Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:16 AM on j-body.org
John Kerry is a dick wad this is the further proof any doubters needed.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Saturday, November 04, 2006 9:43 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:He voted for it after being given bad info from the Bush Administration.

Yeah but GAM - he refused to waiver in his support for the war - until late in the Democratic primary race. He's a politician - what do you expect?

But I still stand by my belief that he isn't in the same infamy league as the uber-terrible president that is G. W. Bush. Therefore I still would vote for him against Bush any day of the week.

I still don't like him though. But that goes for most politicians on both "sides."

It was later in the democratic primary race that the ISG Report stating that Iraq had no Nuclear weapons of mass-destruction was released.

Monday, November 06, 2006 9:11 AM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:John Kerry is a dick wad this is the further proof any doubters needed.

You say this as if it's not universally known.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 5:38 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]
Jackalope wrote:John Kerry is a dick wad this is the further proof any doubters needed.

You say this as if it's not universally known.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search