Marijuana vs Alcohol.....fight!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Marijuana vs Alcohol.....fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 4:23 PM on j-body.org
Marijauana is only bad when you have dumb@!#$ out there tainting it with other drugs (ie. Crack, cocaine, crystal). However if sold and monitored by the government, I am sure that it will not be tainted.

-Brandon

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 7:13 PM on j-body.org
if they could just come up with a way to test to see if your sober for weed, I'd be all over legalization. if it was legal, i wouldn't buy it illegally, sure you could pay less than from the Government, but the government would make sure its pure, and probably genetically engineer it to be more potent

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:02 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Belgian and Netherlands' officials have tests for THC impairment that are field testable, but they're not certified in the USA, and they need blood to test.

I've said this before, and I'll keep saying it:

Legalising, controlling and TAXING Marijuana would be the very best thing to help cut down it's influence and mitigating it's impact.

It's compelling because:
- Drug dealers don't care who they sell to, 8 yrs old, 108 yrs old. Money is money to them. A licensed seller is going to protect their business interests and not sell to underaged kids
- Mandatory testing will give the product minimum quality objectives, and prevent individual growers, and processors from lacing the product with other illicit substances or noxious substances.
- Taxation will open a funding process that will pay for all associated testing regimes, as well as individual use/abuse rehabilitation projects.
- It will return resources to law enforcement agencies for the investigation, closure and prosecution of purveyors of harder narcotics like heroin and meth-amphetamine derivatives.

The downside is that the status quo must be re-adjusted, and that entails taking 60 years of rhetoric and scrapping it.

Leave it to a politician to own up and say they were wrong.... I hope no-one is holding their breath on that.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 8:49 PM on j-body.org
Shame...

doesnt look like amendment 44 is gonna pass here in CO

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 9:06 PM on j-body.org
So if marijuana became legal, does that mean you still can't smoke it in bars?

You think people bitch about cigarette smoke, imagine walking into a bar full of pot smoke... I bet they make free peanuts and pretzels $10 a bag.

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:27 AM on j-body.org
sorry i cant post in the main forums, BUT, remember alcohol was banned once, and failed. Reason being, crime rates went way up, not just theft, but murder rates.

Now if weed was legalized, what would happen? I mass smoke up would occur for the first few years, and then mellow out like cig use. Cigs are a horrible product and should be banned. But weed has its downsides as well, It limits brain function, and a social life at the very least. However a better explaination will be the second link below. It explains why weed was banned, and even what the weed tax was in the 1930's.

For a better explaination as to why prohibition failed please look at the link below.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-157.html

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

EL.........something sent this to me(avoid me) <<<<<anyway he ran out of posts or something so I thought I'd post this for him.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 12:36 AM on j-body.org
Ahhhhhh....NO GOD DAMN IT!!! drinking and driving isn't legal...its always the same pricks that want to pick my posts apart. My point is that EVERYONE knows that you can drive to a bar right????? Then it is legal to by drinks at the bar right?????? SO HOW DOES ONE GET HOME AFTER DRINKING?????? THEY GET INTO THE CAR AND DRIVE OFF!!!!!!! RIGHT? PRICKS. If your not taking pills you need too.
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 1:15 AM on j-body.org
Wiezer Walley wrote:sorry i cant post in the main forums, BUT, remember alcohol was banned once, and failed. Reason being, crime rates went way up, not just theft, but murder rates.

Now if weed was legalized, what would happen? I mass smoke up would occur for the first few years, and then mellow out like cig use. Cigs are a horrible product and should be banned. But weed has its downsides as well, It limits brain function, and a social life at the very least. However a better explaination will be the second link below. It explains why weed was banned, and even what the weed tax was in the 1930's.

For a better explaination as to why prohibition failed please look at the link below.

http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa-157.html

http://blogs.salon.com/0002762/stories/2003/12/22/whyIsMarijuanaIllegal.html

EL.........something sent this to me(avoid me) <<<<<anyway he ran out of posts or something so I thought I'd post this for him.

so what you're saying is you're posting for someone that's been banned? something tells me that's not something you should be doing.

Wiezer Walley wrote:If your not taking pills you need too.

Pot (no pun intended)... meet kettle.

Desert Tuners

“When you come across a big kettle of crazy, it’s best not to stir it.”

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 3:49 PM on j-body.org
I seriously question the integrity of CATO institute "information".

Wiezer: do yourself a favor, and DO NOT post for someone that has been PERM-BANNED. You don't need anymore problems than you've already got.

If you want a REAL bit of research on the Situation: LINKY

Wednesday, November 08, 2006 8:01 PM on j-body.org
I haven't smoked it in years - wanted to be more employable and in general I just grew up. If its legalized I still probably won't light back up. Its still not a big deal. That being said -

It is a gateway for some - but why?! I'll tell you why - because all the BS publicity about how terrible it is. The authorities and/or parents etc tell you how bad it is etc etc, and once you try it - a revelation hits you - they are @!#$ stupid. It is not a big dead. Then the idea gets in your head - well they where wrong about pot so they're probably wrong about cocaine, LSD, etc etc. There is your gateway.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, November 08, 2006 9:51 PM on j-body.org
I had no idea he was banned? Thought he ran out of posts...............my bad.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 6:35 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Doesnt it figure that this jack hole and LMR are friends. I bet they met at a couselling session, probably have the same shrink.

KevinP (Stabby McShankyou) wrote:
and I'm NOT a pedo. everyone knows i've got a wheelchair fetish.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:21 AM on j-body.org
Back on topic guys.

Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:51 AM on j-body.org
Sorry

Thursday, November 09, 2006 7:53 AM on j-body.org
Even though amendment 44 didnt pass isnt possession of up to an ounce only like a $100 ticket? Still thats pretty good if you ask me, a start at least.

Friday, November 10, 2006 7:37 AM on j-body.org
It's a good step towards de-criminalization. $100 fine isn't so bad, but if that's for simple possession, I wonder why they even bother. I've had parking tickets that are higher.

Friday, November 10, 2006 10:10 AM on j-body.org
^^Exactly what i ws thinking. I didn't know if the punishment got more and more harsh for multiple tickets. Like after 2 or 3 it was an increased fine or criminal action, court, probation or that sort of thing.

Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:02 PM on j-body.org
Watch this before jumping to conclusions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfcRyruo91Y&eurl

PAX
Thursday, November 30, 2006 12:28 PM on j-body.org
if you want to end the 60+years iof rhetoric, then have everyone watch "Reefer Madness". Then unless you've had a trans-orbital lobotomy, you'll have to agree that the rhetoroic is more full of @!#$ than that past, oh, 43 presidents.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search