Another Democrat saying soldiers are stupid - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Another Democrat saying soldiers are stupid
Thursday, December 07, 2006 11:20 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:Actually, no. What this shows is the pervasive pattern of those on the left side of the aisle to have no respect for the military.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I'm fed up with people bastardizing people on the left for disagreeing with the war. Any one who is a liberal obviously must hate the military and the troops. This idiotic notion that you must support the war in order to support the troops is sickening. No one that is against this war blames the troops. They are following the orders of this administration. They all have my utmost respect for the job they do, and I assure you have the respect and support of everyone on the left. This constant tirade on the left is getting you nowhere.

Oh and thank you Gam for addressing the CNN comment. My head nearly exploded when I read that.

Friday, December 08, 2006 8:18 AM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:
JimmyZ wrote:Actually, no. What this shows is the pervasive pattern of those on the left side of the aisle to have no respect for the military.

That is quite possibly the most ridiculous thing I have heard. I'm fed up with people bastardizing people on the left for disagreeing with the war. Any one who is a liberal obviously must hate the military and the troops. This idiotic notion that you must support the war in order to support the troops is sickening. No one that is against this war blames the troops. They are following the orders of this administration. They all have my utmost respect for the job they do, and I assure you have the respect and support of everyone on the left. This constant tirade on the left is getting you nowhere.

Oh and thank you Gam for addressing the CNN comment. My head nearly exploded when I read that.

Ditto x 2

---

Friday, December 08, 2006 7:50 PM on j-body.org
*Bows for both*

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 10:13 AM on j-body.org
Tristan wrote:

To add to this as well, least you forget who sent our military into IRAQ. Lack of respect would be in the hands of those who deploy troops to a foreign land on false pretenses and won't admit their mistakes "stay the course" even sending the national guard overseas. I was 2 steps away from signing up as a reservist in the guard till they startted sending them over seas.

I would think that someone with respect for the military would take the time to really think about their decisions, and take appropriate actions when things arn't going well changing and adapting the plan rather than deploying, claiming mission accomplished, staying in the country and not even following the original plan laid out in the first place.

A person who respected the military would do these things rathar than sacrificing them and saying "how american", "stay the course"

-Chris

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 11:44 AM on j-body.org
I also have to add my two cents. People have been accusing people who oppose a war as also opposing the troops. As if the left wing pussy pacifists are praying for soldiers to come back in bodybags so the Muslim Extremists can storm our countries and make us all speak Arabic by the end of the year.

Come ON...

I may not agree with pacifism, but there is NOTHING wrong with opposing a war. If the government sent the troops off to fight THE OCEAN and you saw them firing million dollar missiles into the water you'd kind of OPPOSE THE MISSION wouldn't you? But that wouldn't mean opposing the soldiers, now would it?

See? Simple logic and common sense. It's a lot more productive than making outlandish assumptions about people that you disagree with.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search