I'd rather just say Merry Christmas... - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
I'd rather just say Merry Christmas...
Friday, December 22, 2006 3:01 PM on j-body.org
but unfortunately, it seems that too many people like to whine because it's not politically correct and saying "Merry Christmachanakwanzmifestivcus" isn't an option. OMFG. So instead, I say to you:

I would like to wish you good tidings and happy thoughts as you enjoy this year's annual day of recognition, in celebration of the well-documented birth of a non-descript individual, who, although widely debated, is commonly accepted as, and referred to by the masses as, the Messiah.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, December 22, 2006 3:03 PM

Re: I'd rather just say Merry Christmas...
Friday, December 22, 2006 4:08 PM on j-body.org
Screw that PC crap..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

If you don't celebrate Christmas, then I hope you enjoy whatever it is you do celebrate.

I promise not to be upset if you wish me a Merry "Somethingelse"

PAX
Friday, December 22, 2006 4:58 PM on j-body.org
Mappy chrisramakwanzakhuh and have a wonderful solstice

Friday, December 22, 2006 5:20 PM on j-body.org
I kinda wish there was a holiday centered around boobs... That's a holiday I could really get into.

Okay, seriously:
- Most of the Muslims I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks!" and wish them well, and ask about when Ramadan is because I don't really know when it's supposed to fall. They sometimes have a Christmas tree, and secular Christmas decorations on their house.
- Many of the Jews I know say "Merry Christmas," and I say "Happy Hanukkah." and wish them well. They have Menorah and a Christmas Tree, and Secular Holiday decorations with the exception of Menorah.
- Some of the Hindu I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks!" and wish them well. They may or may not have their houses decorated, but if they don't, I don't hold it against them.
- Most of the Aetheists I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks! Best of the season to you!" and wish them well. If they have their houses decorated or not, I still hope they'll be happy.
- Of the 4 Pagans/Wiccans I know, they'll say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks! Season's greetings!" and wish them well. If they're decorating their houses, good for them, and if not, roo-rah. It's their choice.
- Of the people that don't know me, if they say "Merry Christmas," I say thanks and hope they're not just prattling on, if they say "Happy Holidays" I say thanks and hope they're not just prattling on.

Just because you don't celebrate a certain holiday, doesn't mean you have to get all bent if someone wishes you "Happy Holidays." It's about including people in the joy of the season. Winter is a great season usually, but it can really be dreary... the best way to make it a more lustrous season is to enjoy yourself, loosen up, and live a little.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, December 22, 2006 6:12 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I kinda wish there was a holiday centered around boobs... That's a holiday I could really get into.

Okay, seriously:
- Most of the Muslims I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks!" and wish them well, and ask about when Ramadan is because I don't really know when it's supposed to fall. They sometimes have a Christmas tree, and secular Christmas decorations on their house.
- Many of the Jews I know say "Merry Christmas," and I say "Happy Hanukkah." and wish them well. They have Menorah and a Christmas Tree, and Secular Holiday decorations with the exception of Menorah.
- Some of the Hindu I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks!" and wish them well. They may or may not have their houses decorated, but if they don't, I don't hold it against them.
- Most of the Aetheists I know say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks! Best of the season to you!" and wish them well. If they have their houses decorated or not, I still hope they'll be happy.
- Of the 4 Pagans/Wiccans I know, they'll say "Merry Christmas," and I reply "Thanks! Season's greetings!" and wish them well. If they're decorating their houses, good for them, and if not, roo-rah. It's their choice.
- Of the people that don't know me, if they say "Merry Christmas," I say thanks and hope they're not just prattling on, if they say "Happy Holidays" I say thanks and hope they're not just prattling on.

Just because you don't celebrate a certain holiday, doesn't mean you have to get all bent if someone wishes you "Happy Holidays." It's about including people in the joy of the season. Winter is a great season usually, but it can really be dreary... the best way to make it a more lustrous season is to enjoy yourself, loosen up, and live a little.

We could call it Thanksboobing and I'd be all for it. But I don't need a holiday My g/f has like a 40DD so it's Thanksboobing Day all year for me lol.

For the rest of what you said, I couldn't have said it better.

The whole reason I started this is really a way to vent. I actually got in trouble at work today because I was talking to one of our clients on the phone and at the end of the call the customer said "Merry Christmas" to me and I responded with "Merry Christmas to you too". Well, my call was being monitored. My boss came to my office all in a huff about how it's strict policy not to say Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays... Wrote me up with a compliance violation and as a result, my nice bonus I'm expecting is out the window and down the street in a dumpster. Their whole thing is it might be offensive to some people, so we're not supposed to say any of that stuff.

But here's my logic: the guy said it to me first, so like any other civilized human being would do, I responded in kind. And this would have offended him how? I mean, maybe if I said "Merry Christmas m*therf*%ker!", I could see that as being offensive. Seriously. They put up a tree (yep, a "Christmastree") in our lounge, and sent out an office-wide e-mail that we were to:

"refrain from decorating the holiday tree as this practice is generally associated with the Christmas holiday, and as such may be offensive to some people."

Then they turn around and decorate it with glass ornaments and tinsel and garland. And they even put a star on top. Last time I checked, that'd make it a Christmas tree. This is the same company that prohibits us saying Merry Christmas, but when you call our office and get put on hold, what music do you hear? Christmas music. So you tell me why the FUKK should I get in trouble for being polite?

And then they give us Christmas off, paid. What if I'm Jewish? where's my eight crazy nights of holiday pay? Huh? What if I'm Pagan? Are they going to give me my holiday pay for the winter Solstice? Ramadan if I'm Muslim? Festivus if I'm a Seinfeld Cultist? No!

And yet they have to screw up my little pumpkin patch just because I said Merry Christmas.

I absolutely hate this world sometimes.

Friday, December 22, 2006 7:57 PM on j-body.org
WTF is wrong with people...

I'm muslim and I have absolutely no issue when someone tells me "marry christmas". How the hell are they supposed to know that I don't celebrate it...? People need to stop being so damn uptight.

Friday, December 22, 2006 10:42 PM on j-body.org
I like Happy Holidays because it ties everything up nicely for all faiths. I don't know if the person whom I'm speaking with is Jewish, Christian, Atheist, Wiccan, whatever, so Happy Holidays isn't offensive. It also keeps people from screaming "god bless you, merry christmas, have a blessed day, Jesus rocks!@!$#!!!" which bothers me some, being atheist and all.

♥ Alexis

Saturday, December 23, 2006 7:23 AM on j-body.org
Johnny, I got the same ish when I worked in the corporate world... but I never lost a bonus. The funniest thing is when a muslim says Merry Christmas and catches hell for it.

It's over-reacting to placate a few vocal assholes.

Holiday tree... fine.. that's a 4000 year old tradition that was revived in the 15th century. Put a star on top... cool... Angel, I can see how it's biased...

Seriously, though, GET THE TAPE of the call. And, go over your manager's head, keep a record of what has happened, and if worse comes to worst, take it to a local Church group, and you'll see action.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 5:56 PM on j-body.org
I don't wish anybody anything. I don't care. Holidays are pretty much meaningless these days.

Saturday, December 23, 2006 10:01 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

WTF is wrong with people...

I'm muslim and I have absolutely no issue when someone tells me "marry christmas". How the hell are they supposed to know that I don't celebrate it...? People need to stop being so damn uptight.

I've been told to @!#$ off by a few 'non christian' guys at work when I said bless you after they sneezed. I'm not religious or anything its just a habit. Now I don't bother and just tell those idiots to get a tissue, uptight pricks.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 2:54 AM on j-body.org
^^^then you say, fine, i don't belss you, i hope a demon invades your sinuses and your daughter marries a jehova's witness that sells amway part tinme in New jersey...or something like that.

Really, i think people need to remove the corncob from their anuses when it comes to well-wishes. Someone wishes me a merry christmas, fine. No problems with that. It's not like they are saying you're going to hell if you don't celebrate it. And even if they did, remind them that they'd be keeping you company.

Still sucks to hear about your bonus. I'd give your boss a pair of pliers, and the wind-up toys in personnel some to to remove said corncobs.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Sunday, December 24, 2006 4:46 AM on j-body.org
Merry Christmas, Keeper

Sunday, December 24, 2006 7:16 AM on j-body.org
Happy Heims to you to, GAM , from both Miška and I .

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Sunday, December 24, 2006 3:04 PM on j-body.org
The War Forum: where we argue even about Christmas! Fitting isnt it?

Sunday, December 24, 2006 5:07 PM on j-body.org
Seems we're in agreement though

Monday, December 25, 2006 4:47 PM on j-body.org
Merry Christmas

If you dont @!#$ like it move back to the middle east, Africa or wherever

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, December 25, 2006 6:02 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

Yeah, because you cannot be born into any other religion but Christianity as a U.S. citizen... right? How dumb.

Monday, December 25, 2006 7:52 PM on j-body.org
Merry CHRISTMAS @!#$

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Monday, December 25, 2006 8:08 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:Merry Christmas

Or you, and all the other Christians and Catholics and Muslims and every other faithful could go back to Europe where you came from and let the native americans celebrate their own holidays.

As for the Christmas thing, I don't really care what people say. I made the mistake of saying Happy Holidays to some woman I delivered pizza too and she yelled " MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!" at me. People like that need to quickly remove the stick that is wedge in their asses. I'm an atheist so I don't really celebrate and definately wouldn't if it weren't for my family being pretty into it. But I'm more apathetic about the whole thing.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 5:58 AM on j-body.org
^^^Or if you're christian or jewish you can go back to the middle east with all the major monotheistic religions (where they came from) and leave the pagans alone.

But i do agree; who cares what they wish you...it's well-wishes, so take it as a compliment.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, December 26, 2006 7:22 AM on j-body.org
rodimus.....your comments are so.....
dah
i can't even think of a word

anyways

I say happy holidays.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006 9:36 AM on j-body.org
Yeah so I tried to talk to them about my bonus, and fact is, it's in our policy that if we receive a copmpliance then we forfeit any bonus or other rewards for that month. I can't get the compliance recalled since I did violate a known policy. It's B.S., yeah. But I guess I'm up the creek on this one.

Thing is, I'm not even a practicing Christian. I'm not even too sure I'm a nonpracticing Christian. I don't pray at night before bed, I don't go to church, and I'm ot afraid of going to hell for the act of merely existing. But at the same time I'm not exactly Atheist, I'm not Pagan or Muslim, I'm just living my life the way I see fit. If that way just happens to be somewhat in line with the things we read in the Bible then so be it. And if someone wishes me Merry Christmas, I see no reason not to respond in kind. I put up the tree every year, hang misletoe from the ceiling, put up lights on my house, send out cards to my loved ones, exchange gifts... So I celebrate Christmas in that respect, even if for me it isn't all about religion. So I just wanted to get that off my chest.

Wednesday, December 27, 2006 12:52 PM on j-body.org
Like I said, give your boss, PR, personnel, and HR all a pair of pliers and call them "Corncob removes: for use when you have a corncob implanted firmly in your rectum."

That should send the point home. If the client doesn't complain, thn what's the beef?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, December 27, 2006 1:59 PM on j-body.org
As much as I'd love to tell em that, Keeper, I can't afford to lose my job. And that would definitely cost me my job.

Thursday, December 28, 2006 9:37 AM on j-body.org
Understandable.

Wait until you get another job lined up, then do it.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search