ching chong ching chong - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ching chong ching chong
Friday, December 15, 2006 1:44 AM on j-body.org
NEW YORK - Rosie O'Donnell says she's sorry for mocking spoken Chinese on "The View," but an association that represents journalists from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds, including Chinese American, says it wasn't enough.

In a Dec. 5 segment, O'Donnell joked about how Danny DeVito's recent _ and seemingly drunken _ appearance on the ABC daytime talk show had become international news.

"You know, you can imagine in China it's like `ching chong, ching chong chong, Danny DeVito, ching chong chong chong, drunk, "The View," ching chong,'" the 44-year-old comedian said.

On Thursday's show, she told the audience: "To say ching chong to someone is very offensive, and some Asian people have told me it's as bad as the n-word. Which I was like, `Really? I didn't know that.'"

Karen Lincoln Michel, president-elect of Unity: Journalists of Color Inc., said O'Donnell's remarks "really didn't sound like an apology to me."

Lincoln Michel said Unity was waiting for Barbara Walters, who created the show, to respond to a letter asking her to publicly acknowledge that O'Donnell's remarks were "patently offensive."

"I think by allowing Rosie O'Donnell's cheap jabs at Chinese Americans to go unchecked, then the network is essentially condoning racial and ethnic slurs," Lincoln Michel told the AP in a phone interview.

Unity said it represents more than 10,000 journalists nationwide.

"You know it was never (my) intent to mock," O'Donnell said on Thursday's show, "and I'm sorry for those people who felt hurt or were teased on the playground."

"But I'm also gonna give you a fair warning that there's a good chance I'll do something like that again, probably in the next week _ not on purpose. Only 'cause it's how my brain works."

O'Donnell characterized her accent as "Chinese, Asian, pseudo-Japanese, sounded a little Yiddish ..."

Re: ching chong ching chong
Friday, December 15, 2006 3:18 AM on j-body.org
I hate that fat cow....but come on. She wasn't being racist...

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:01 AM on j-body.org
if you dont know chinese how can you do a comedy bit on something going on in china? you HAVE to make up soem way to sound chinese without actually knowing chinese.

and ching chong ching chong wong dong pong ding tung is the way to do it chong ding fang bong.

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Friday, December 15, 2006 9:20 AM on j-body.org
Beef Lo Mein
General Tso's Chicken
Moo Shu Pork

That's what that fat bitch was really thinking.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:29 AM on j-body.org
BOO @!#$ HOO

DONT LIKE IT? GTFO THEN!

Just like me getting fired for using a Southern term "chitlins'" when reffering to some annoying kids in our store. All the Mexicans can speak spanish to each other while looking at me and I have no idea what they're saying but I say one southern word and I get terminated because someone who WASN'T BEING TALKED TO got offended.

People bitch to much these days. If you don't like something deal with it yourself. Take them out back and break their legs.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, December 15, 2006 9:50 AM on j-body.org
Team Vision Racing (aka hypsy) wrote:BOO @!#$ HOO

DONT LIKE IT? GTFO THEN!

Just like me getting fired for using a Southern term "chitlins'" when reffering to some annoying kids in our store. All the Mexicans can speak spanish to each other while looking at me and I have no idea what they're saying but I say one southern word and I get terminated because someone who WASN'T BEING TALKED TO got offended.

People bitch to much these days. If you don't like something deal with it yourself. Take them out back and break their legs.

The "irony" in your words are astounding.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Friday, December 15, 2006 5:38 PM on j-body.org
JimmyZ wrote:Beef Lo Mein
General Tso's Chicken
Moo Shu Pork

That's what that fat bitch was really thinking.

Don't forget General Tao's Beef and Almond Guy Ding... I hear She likes the cantonese stuff.

Apology, half hearted.

The bit: retarded.

Rosie O'Donnell should have stuck to her TV show... the one she left. It required a lot less thinking.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 4:20 PM on j-body.org
I got in trouble at work for making an "off colored remark" about the name of a restaurant here in Des Moines. Come on, the name "A Dong" just asks to be made fun of, it's jsut too hard to resist. Funny thing is I wasn't even at work, I was on lunch, and someone hwo ovreheard the remark in question, saw my ID badge, and called to make a complaint.

And don't get me started on the Poo Poo Platter. I mean, seriously, who HASN'T read that and smiled.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:26 AM on j-body.org
Once the Chinese remove both ching and chong from their vocabulary, so will the racists.
Why should they get to say "ching chong" but no other race is allowed? Hypocrites.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:28 AM on j-body.org
Next thing you know they'll be complaining we're being racist when every pots and pans are banged together.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 4:36 AM on j-body.org
If people spent 1/2 the energy they expend on this crap and dedicated the resources to feeding the hungry and helping each other instead of going on about 5 seconds of someones life the world would be much better off than it is.

-Chris

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:24 AM on j-body.org
The world is going to hell.

This is yet another example.

Eventually, people just aren't going to talk for fear that what they say will offend someone.

From this moment on, I'm going to do my best to offend at least one person per day.

At least. If I can get a whole ethnic group in, so be it.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:41 AM on j-body.org
im noticing something alot now aday weather it's racism or perferencial treatment in the work place everyones gonna use there angles to get themselves ahead of the next guy figure this people think it's discrimination not to wanna add spanish to the oficial laungage list when have the poeple who are bitching at the ones that areant suposed to be here in the first place. alot of this suposed rascism is people taking jokes beyond what they really are and turning it into personal gain. im irish myself you don't see me going to the queen of england demanding an apoligy for the @!#$ the british did to my ancestors so why are there all these reparation law suits fying around cause people think the world owes them something cause there to lazy to get off there lazy ass. i've seen alot of intences where white people need help but are denied help because they are white but yet someone else can be an idiot break the law and get a pat on the back and anything they want, even thought they have no motivation of fixing the problem they created themselves. rasicm dosen't exist in the ways it use to i think it's just a bunch of lazy @!#$s pushing the easy button cause they think the world owes them something and it's just no white vrs black anymore. everyone need to shut the hell up and stop being so lazy.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 7:41 AM on j-body.org
and i know i didn't spell check

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 12:32 PM on j-body.org
EcotecSS wrote:and i know i didn't spell check

... or form 1 logical thought.

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 6:11 PM on j-body.org
to each his own

Thursday, December 21, 2006 11:44 AM on j-body.org
I don't really care so much that she said it, but Rosie is one of the most hypersensitive biatches there is about this kind of stuff!!

Just a few months ago, Clay Aikan was on Regis and Kelly and Clay put his hand over Kelly's mouth, and Kelly said "Hey I don't know where that hand's been". And Rosie took that to mean Kelly was homophobic. WTF? There was a big row over it.

Video of Ripa retorting:
http://thetvaddict.com/?p=1127

F' Rosie. She's not even funny, ANYHOW.

---

Thursday, December 21, 2006 6:48 PM on j-body.org
god that clip pissed me off...what a @!#$ bitch....

The thing that started it all for me was when she attacked Tom Selleck on her show.

She has absolutely nothing to say over this. She was wrong and she knows it.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:26 PM on j-body.org
fat dikes scare me

Monday, December 25, 2006 1:31 PM on j-body.org
ROsie is hot. I cant wait to see her sex video. ching chong, put it in the butt, chong ching.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 12:08 PM on j-body.org
cant we hire the people who shot tupac to take care of her, seems like they do good enough work

Sunday, January 07, 2007 5:42 PM on j-body.org
People who are easily offended NEED to be offended. That's my thought on the matter.

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Friday, January 12, 2007 4:31 PM on j-body.org
i think what she said was f'king funny

You take a women and X her by PSI devide the legs and you can then juice the car......LOL
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search