Bombs away! - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bombs away!
Monday, January 15, 2007 8:13 PM on j-body.org
Here's a small sample of the wonderful homeland security hard at work protecting us from all those nasty bad guys! I love how we want to build a wall at the Mexico border, Well what about Canada? Looks like the badguys have a big ass backdoor to our north that goes unchallenged!

http://www.utu.org/worksite/detail_news.cfm?ArticleID=32524

BTW if anyone needs more wonderful examples of how inept we really are I have pages of this type stuff from my new job!

Sleep well America homeland security has your back. PFT!

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Re: Bombs away!
Monday, January 15, 2007 9:16 PM on j-body.org
yes i have always advocated either the annexation of canada, or the destruction of the nazis to the north. maybe now someone will listen mwhahahaha

oh sorry...on a more serious note.....DUH. its not like we can seal up every single mile of border. and even if we did, people and items can still get through.

Monday, January 15, 2007 11:04 PM on j-body.org
First: It ain't perfect. No one said Canada is (not even me)
Second: It isn't our fault the US has become a belligerent military power over the last 60 years, the other 2 major ones lose ordinance too... it happens.
Third: Seal up your borders, and watch your economy collapse... Rail lines, highways, seaports.. everything. It was nice doing business with ya.

You have to take the good with the bad.

We end up getting thousands of illegal weapons and explosives (in either the US or Canada) in the country, but because it's flowing out of the US there's no problem. We also get to just deal with US parents that abduct their children and abscond into the US, leaving rightful parents in the lurch because Canadian interests have no merit in the US. See what I mean? Good with the bad, you lose a shipment of ordinance that ends up here and gets sent back eventually. With the exception that it's a gondola full of explosives, this might as well be a dead-letter cheque.

Jack, really, this is a commercial screw up... Border security is a myth, fencing off the country is a lovely notion until you have to build and police that fence.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 7:45 AM on j-body.org
Uh, guys I didn't b;ame Canada nor suggest we wall ourselves up I was mearly showing that our wonderous homeland security isn't all its cracked up to be and was trying to get your thoughts on that. Guess you missed my point.

Tuesday, January 16, 2007 9:31 AM on j-body.org
It would have been handled if the car said "NEON" or "NITROGEN" on it.

Even though the Democrats have only had control for 2 weeks, I think we should blame them. After all, they're in charge now.

Wait, nevermind... that only works when it's the other way around. Carry on.

09:f9:11:02:9d:74:e3:5b:d8:41:56:c5:63

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 5:28 AM on j-body.org
Well of corse we can't blame the Dems Jimmy they're perfect and never do anything wrong.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:03 AM on j-body.org
I think people should really stop thinking that the Democrats and the Republicans are a seperate party. If you step back a bit and look at the forest for the trees you'll see that the only people they serve are the business interests. Little ideological details are different but underneath it's the same big ball of corruption. No one in the government is trying to protect the country. It's bad for trade. There's no money to be made in securing borders so they never ever will. Think about it, how hard would it have been to station 100,000 National Guardsmen and train them to inspect everything that comes into the country? They don't have to be "fighting fit" like the ones that fight in wars. They could be 60 year old women retirees and still do the job just fine. But that never happened. Just like the airport security thing never happened. Trust me, I know. I work in security. Why don't you have two armed air marshalls in full riot gear, one walking up and down the aisles monitoring the air for chemicals that can be used in bombs while the other sits behind bulletproof glass in front? Too expensive, bad for the image, bad for travel, bad for business.

Every politician regardless of his affiliation is only interested in how many payoffs he/she can secure before his term is up. Anyone that believes the government is honest and wants what's best for the people is deluded or insane or part of the problem. The fact that anyone believes their BS is only due to successful marketing. They've sold you their ideas the same way that McDonalds sells burgers. Giving you less, while pretending it's more.

Or think about this. If the Republicans, who are all supposed to be hellbent in securing the country and ready to step on civil liberties and take away freedoms to keep us all safe, won't secure the borders. Who the hell will?
Wednesday, January 17, 2007 9:29 AM on j-body.org
^^^SOMEONE gets it finally!!!!!!!

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search