Evel Knievel sues Kanye West - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Evel Knievel sues Kanye West
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 3:39 AM on j-body.org
Man, just the thread title alone makes this worthwhile...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TAMPA, Fla. - Evel Knievel has sued Kanye West, taking issue with a music video in which the rapper takes on the persona of "Evel Kanyevel" and tries to jump a rocket-powered motorcycle over a canyon.

Knievel, whose real name is Robert Craig Knievel, filed a lawsuit in federal court in Tampa on Monday claiming infringement on his trademark name and likeness. He also claims the "vulgar and offensive" images depicted in the video damage his reputation.

"That video that Kanye West put out is the most worthless piece of crap I've ever seen in my life, and he uses my image to catapult himself on the public," the 68-year-old daredevil said Tuesday.

A spokesman for West said the 28-year-old rapper no comment. The lawsuit seeks damages and to halt distribution of the video.

In the video for "Touch the Sky," released earlier this year, West dons the familiar Knievel star-studded jumpsuit and jumps a canyon in a vehicle "visually indistinguishable" from the one used by Knievel in his failed attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in Idaho in 1974, the lawsuit said.

The video, which features Pamela Anderson as West's girlfriend, contains "vulgar and offensive sexual images, language and conduct involving `Evel Kanyevel' and women apparently trying to gain his sexual interest," according to the lawsuit.

"The guy just went too far using me to promote his filth to the world," said Knievel, who lives in Clearwater and has been in poor health in recent years. "I'm not in any way that kind of a person."

The lawsuit also names Roc-A-Fella Records, video director Chris Milk and AOL for distributing it.

West was so disappointed at not winning best video for "Touch the Sky" at the MTV Europe Music Awards last month that he crashed the stage when it was presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends."

In a tirade riddled with expletives, West said he should have won the prize because it "cost a million dollars, Pamela Anderson was in it. I was jumping across canyons."

Knievel failed spectacularly in the 1974 jump. He was secured inside the cockpit and the Sky-Cycle was fired up. But his parachute opened just as he cleared the ramp. After soaring about 1,000 feet, he wound up landing about 20 feet from the river on the rocky south bank. He sustained only scrapes and bruises.

In the video, West's vehicle crashes to the bottom of the canyon in flames.

Re: Evel Knievel sues Kanye West
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Quote:

West was so disappointed at not winning best video for "Touch the Sky" at the MTV Europe Music Awards last month that he crashed the stage when it was presented to Justice and Simian for "We Are Your Friends."

geez, Kayne needs to get the sand out of his vagina...lol the guys got some issues.

On topic, I guess Evel's not a rap fan

Wednesday, December 13, 2006 11:31 AM on j-body.org
I was'nt around for most of Evels career, but he deserves more respect than he gets. The things that guy did on a motorcycle were borderline insane. The guy had balls. And now this rap star is ripping him off. Fromwhat i've seen, Evel is a hard-working religious man with nuts the size of watermelons. I saw a whole show about him on VH1 i think maybe ESPN. He never drank, never did drugs, and was good to women. So to have some thug rapper whose made a living promoting drugs, sluts, and the "gangsta" lifestyle ripping his image to shreds probably doesent sit too well with him.

Evel Knievel>Kenya West

Also Evel drove chevys and only chevys because, in his words, "when I turn the key, i know it will start"

My other car is an interceptor.
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:04 PM on j-body.org
ervyone and everything > kanye

Creative Draft Art Media Forums
Wednesday, December 13, 2006 1:14 PM on j-body.org
Nathaniel O'Flaherty wrote:ervyone and everything > kanye

x2.

* Student of the University of Oklahoma. Go Sooners!

Friday, December 15, 2006 9:32 AM on j-body.org
Someone needs to terminated Kayne with extreme prejudice

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Friday, December 15, 2006 10:54 AM on j-body.org
Evel Knievel Hates Black People!!!!

Friday, December 15, 2006 10:59 AM on j-body.org
I love the Carlos Mencia skit on Kanye West.....hahaha.

Thursday, December 21, 2006 7:27 PM on j-body.org

Bout time someone puts Kanye in his place

Monday, December 25, 2006 4:41 PM on j-body.org
I wish someone would shoot West, seriously hes like the worst rapper of all time, id rather listen to Fedex

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:40 AM on j-body.org
^ I don't know

I think Fedex is worse.....much much worse

Thursday, December 28, 2006 3:18 PM on j-body.org
Yeaaaaaaaa Fed pretty much makes ME sound good. And thats bad. Like REAL bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe Im just pissed, pissed that my freinds are spineless, What else would you
call abandoment some night, when you're in a fight, and they could make things right?
Spineless. I miss some of my old friends, the ones who you could count on,
bet a huge amount on, the fact that they'd always have your back... Its like a kick in
the sack, just knowing, you've got nothing to fall back on. @!#$ this, Im done.
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 11:51 AM on j-body.org
it's about time someone sued that ass.

Monday, January 15, 2007 10:06 PM on j-body.org
"So to have some thug rapper whose made a living promoting drugs, sluts, and the "gangsta" lifestyle ripping his image to shreds probably doesent sit too well with him."

Who the hell are you talking about, snoop dogg? Kanye does suck as a rapper but he is definitley no thug. He is not a "gangsta" and he didn't do drugs or anything in that video to rip the man's image. The part in the vid about the two girls after him was a cookie for the people who bought the album. there was a song where he said that he needed nia long or something to the effect. I'm a huge fan of both men and to see two icons beefing only shows that the gangstas way is probably better. If Suge Knight would have claimed to be Evel, wore all of his jumpsuits and fornicated with every woman he saw, smoke and shot every drug he could get his hands on and killed kittens, I promise that NO ONE would have said anything to this THUG BEAST. The only reason Evel is after Kanye is because he is a softer character and he is one of the highest paid people in the industry. what is this 68 year old white dude doing watching BET anyway? Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search