Pat Robertson predicts 'mass killing' - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Pat Robertson predicts 'mass killing'
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 7:09 PM on j-body.org
Yahoo News wrote:VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - In what has become an annual tradition of prognostications, religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday that a terrorist attack on the United States would result in "mass killing" late in 2007.

"I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear," he said during his news-and-talk television show "The 700 Club" on the Christian Broadcasting Network. "The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that."

Robertson said God told him during a recent prayer retreat that major cities and possibly millions of people will be affected by the attack, which should take place sometime after September.

Robertson said God also told him that the U.S. only feigns friendship with
Israel and that U.S. policies are pushing Israel toward "national suicide."

Robertson suggested in January 2006 that God punished then-Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon with a stroke for ceding Israeli-controlled land to the Palestinians.

The broadcaster predicted in January 2004 that
President Bush would easily win re-election. Bush won 51 percent of the vote that fall, beating Democratic Sen.
John Kerry of Massachusetts. He also predicted Bush's victory for a second term in 2005.

"I have a relatively good track record," he said. "Sometimes I miss."

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

Wow, that's a bold one .. the way i see it , you wish Mr. Robertson , imagine the masses
flocking to his side if he hits it right though. i'm sure he did !

can you say " cha ching $$$ "

I predict Mr.Robertson will be caught with 40 pounds of cocaine, $ 250,000 worth of meth and
has a wardrobe that'd make Madonna cry.

Re: Pat Robertson predicts 'mass killing'
Tuesday, January 02, 2007 8:31 PM on j-body.org
My prediction for 2007 - Pat Robertson will make an ass out of himself... again.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:29 AM on j-body.org
That man is a waste of space. It's sad that people follow his insanity. All he cares about his lining his wallet with a few more bills and preaching his intolerant bigotry b.s. Though, I must say, I'm thoroughly surprised his prediction didn't include the fact that it would most asuredly be a result of a democratic house and senate or in some way a fault of the democrats. He's always good for stuff like that.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 4:58 AM on j-body.org
And to think that if some other person told everyone that "God Said..." to them and only them, they would be locked up in the laughing acadmey.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 5:23 AM on j-body.org
The only thing as bad as wasted talent: Squandered credibility.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:51 AM on j-body.org
I believe in God, and Im a non-denom Christian, but this is just plain dumb. it makes me wonder if he is a bonafide zealot and actually belives that God talks to him, or if it really is just to make money. anyway you take it, I dont believe God talks to anyone like that.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:06 AM on j-body.org
To be honest, the difference between a zealot and a charlatan is their bank account.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 10:40 AM on j-body.org
at least a zealot believes what he says. a charlatan is nothing more than an opportunist. i have more respect for a crazy person than a thief that preys on the weak.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:22 PM on j-body.org
In this care, he not only preys on the weak, he prays on the weak.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:20 PM on j-body.org
*rim shot*

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 9:38 PM on j-body.org
CavFire (tabs) aka tabasco wrote:at least a zealot believes what he says. a charlatan is nothing more than an opportunist. i have more respect for a crazy person than a thief that preys on the weak.

A zealot is going to do what they're going to do no matter what: Case in point, Westboro Baptists.
A charlatan is going to do whatever they have to do to make a buck consistently. Case in Point: Jimmy Swaggart, Benny Hinn... take your pick.

Pat Robertson has been doing this for what... 20 years? He's called for the execution of the leader of a country that just didn't want to sell oil to the US, he's put his foot in his pseudo-riteous mouth more than once in this time about things political. If he's seriously thinking God is talking to him, then all the power to him, he's not Jeanne D'Arc, and he's saying things that aren't keeping with the Golden Rule (love thy neighbour, love thy God).

Thursday, January 04, 2007 5:08 AM on j-body.org
<takes a bow>

My think....any religious huckster on TV...would anyone with half a brain take them seriously?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:35 PM on j-body.org
Personally ... i'd like it " hella large " if they'd have open season on em all !

Monday, January 15, 2007 5:27 PM on j-body.org
Id like to see Pat Robertson hung

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 10:47 AM on j-body.org
... beside Benny Hinn, Jerry Falwell, and Jimmy Swaggart.

You know what's funny? Robertson said there'd be mass-killings, he didn't say it would be seen by Iranians as a terrorist act by the USA. I think his 2-way radio connection to the holy switchboard is staticy.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:30 PM on j-body.org
I just don't get why people like this aren't killed. There used to be zero tolerance for stupid @!#$s like this back in the day.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 5:15 AM on j-body.org
kflo wrote:I just don't get why people like this aren't killed. There used to be zero tolerance for stupid @!#$s like this back in the day.

It's that whole annoying "freedom of speech" thing. It even applies to weirdos who say crazy things and to people who say things you don't agree with.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:37 AM on j-body.org
It would be mildly ironic, however, if the "mass killing" he was referring to was him getting killed by a mass of people sick of putting up with his nazi-esque hate speeches.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, January 24, 2007 9:42 AM on j-body.org
Hahaha, I'm game to join into the group that takes him down.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search