Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii - Page 11 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii
Monday, October 29, 2007 9:03 AM on j-body.org
It doesn't even have the hardware for that. It still needs some PS2 components in it to make it possible through emulation, and it doesn't have those. There was a thread about it and showing the hardware that's in the 40gb and the 60gb and 80gb.

98 Trans Am
6.0, L92 heads, LS3 intake, TSP 231/236 cam, and much more

Monday, October 29, 2007 9:04 AM on j-body.org
tspence45 wrote:It doesn't even have the hardware for that. It still needs some PS2 components in it to make it possible through emulation, and it doesn't have those. There was a thread about it and showing the hardware that's in the 40gb and the 60gb and 80gb.

The thread was on the Playstation Boards. I forgot to put that in before I hit post and I don't see an edit option for the post.

98 Trans Am

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:14 AM on j-body.org
Oh, I found it on the boards. Yeah I guess there is no way in hell ps2 games are running on the 40gb version.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Tuesday, October 30, 2007 3:58 AM on j-body.org
I actually prefer a ps3 that doesnt run ps2 games. Save me some money.

---

Tuesday, October 30, 2007 6:15 AM on j-body.org
^^^ I have too many PS2 game I still play or I wouldn't care either...

Ya an RX-7 doing a wheelie is fake as hell, but the physics model, smoke, and damage is supposed to realistis from what I've seen and read (I've seen all the trailers so I know what your talking about).

As far as Linux / Unix VS Microsoft goes.... Linux / Unix kicks Microsft and Windows ass any day.... anyone that argues that doesn't know jack about computers. That said... I still run XP on my computer since it's just so much more conveniant and easy.

I'm still wondering if the PS3 will run a burned PS1 CDROM or not..... once I fiqure out how to burn one with files I downloaded of the net (for use with an emulator) I'll give it a shot.

Saturday, November 03, 2007 6:21 AM on j-body.org
Anyone here pick up a 40gig since they were released yesterday?

98 Trans Am

Sunday, November 04, 2007 7:13 PM on j-body.org
My friend did. Its not bad at all. If you just want to play ps3 and ps1 games....its a great deal.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Sunday, November 04, 2007 8:19 PM on j-body.org
-MD- LD9 wrote:My friend did. Its not bad at all. If you just want to play ps3 and ps1 games....its a great deal.

Even though it doesn't play PS2 games, it's still a very good deal. You get a video game system/Blu-ray player and 6 Blu-rays(Spiderman 3 Blu-ray bundled with the system and 5 free Blu-ray offer) all for $400.

98 Trans Am

Monday, November 05, 2007 2:46 PM on j-body.org
honestly, if i had the money to spend, id prolly pick one up right now, just for gran turismo and a couple other games, and since i have a ps2, i dont need it to play ps2 games
but my budget wont allow to take such a hit at this time

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 2:19 AM on j-body.org
Gran Turismo is the main reason why I got mine. Now, they've released Gran Turismo 5 Prologue demo on the Japanese PS Store. I've been playing that like crazy with my Logitech G25. It's amazing. I can actually use the H-pattern shifter on it too. The Gran Turismo series never ceases to amaze me.

98 Trans Am

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:03 AM on j-body.org
Could you give more details on GT5 Prologue...

PRND321 Till I DIE

Tuesday, November 06, 2007 10:00 AM on j-body.org
Here's the thread of the full details of the Prologue demo on the PS Boards. http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=granturismo&thread.id=303814

I'll have to look for full details on the actual Prologue that will be released later this year for Japan and early next year for the US. All I know now is about 40+ cars and 5 tracks, including some new ones like Daytona Super Speedway.

98 Trans Am

Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:08 AM on j-body.org
Made a Japanese account last night and downloaded it. Nice Demo, but I WANT MORE. Thanks for the link.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Wednesday, November 07, 2007 4:55 AM on j-body.org
-MD- LD9 wrote:Made a Japanese account last night and downloaded it. Nice Demo, but I WANT MORE. Thanks for the link.

lol, yeah, I know the feeling. You can go to Play-Asia.com and pre-order an Asian or Japanese version of Prologue. They get it on December 13th, which will be quite a bit before we will in the US. I doubt we'll see Prologue until about Februrary, atleast. Only problem with doing that though is it's going to mainly be in Japanese, just like the demo.

98 Trans Am

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 5:49 PM on j-body.org
As far as the gearbox and pedal setup, are there any with clutches?

Saturday, November 17, 2007 12:28 AM on j-body.org
Ron Carvalho wrote:As far as the gearbox and pedal setup, are there any with clutches?

Logitech G25. There's also some new Porsche wheel made by Fanatec. But, I wouldn't trust a company I've never really heard of. The G25 can be had for about $100-$150 cheaper anyways. It'll only work with PS2/PS3 and PC though. The 360 only supports it's wireless wheel. There may be others, but it won't support any really good wheels.

98 Trans Am

Saturday, December 15, 2007 4:39 PM on j-body.org
a buddy of mine got a ps3 and we just hooked it up to his 42" hd lcd tv cuz he just moved into his apartment
and i must say, Assassin's Creed is amazing
i still love my wii tho
a ps3 will be my second system because of certain games out there, eventually at least

Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:15 PM on j-body.org
i just sold my wii . i ended up having 16 games for it ad my favorit was scarface. and to be honest with you the best game for the wii is wii sports in my opinion. and all the other games i had were just horible. now i have the 80g ps3 and love it . i'm really getting into the online gameplay and and right now i have 13 games for the ps3 and i really only dislike 1 game and it's tiger woods 08 .
Saturday, December 15, 2007 5:23 PM on j-body.org
ronnie bouchard wrote:i just sold my wii . i ended up having 16 games for it ad my favorit was scarface. and to be honest with you the best game for the wii is wii sports in my opinion. and all the other games i had were just horible. now i have the 80g ps3 and love it . i'm really getting into the online gameplay and and right now i have 13 games for the ps3 and i really only dislike 1 game and it's tiger woods 08 .

Yeah, I didn't really like Tiger Woods 08 either. I think Tiger Woods 07 was better.

98 Trans Am

Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:02 PM on j-body.org
ronnie bouchard wrote:i just sold my wii . i ended up having 16 games for it ad my favorit was scarface. and to be honest with you the best game for the wii is wii sports in my opinion. and all the other games i had were just horible. now i have the 80g ps3 and love it . i'm really getting into the online gameplay and and right now i have 13 games for the ps3 and i really only dislike 1 game and it's tiger woods 08 .

what games did you have for wii that were horrible?

Saturday, December 15, 2007 7:18 PM on j-body.org
both fishing games, rockstar table tennis, wii play, madden 08 (because of the way you use the controlers), mario party8 . now i can't rememberwhat games i even had but i remember that these ones were horible. one game i actually liked alot was tiger woods 07

Monday, December 17, 2007 1:40 AM on j-body.org
I thought Madden looked like a lot of fun on the Wii. Never got to try it though. It's no surprise that you didn't like most of the games though. The Wii has the least quality games of any system out there. The only reason the Wii sells is it's price and the way you play it. The only reason I'd ever get one is for the sports games. But, I got bored with the Wii before I even got one. I played my RA's quite a bit last year. While I had a lot of fun with the Wii Bowling, nothing beats doing it for real. And when it's as cheap to do as it is in my town, you can go bowling as much as you want.

98 Trans Am

Monday, December 17, 2007 2:06 AM on j-body.org
Madden is fun on the Wii, at least it is for me
and the games he listed, are kind of lame
fishing and table tennis? you expected those to be good games? give me a break
the Wii Play is like a throw in game for a new controller (10 bucks more, whoopee) and Mario Party is, well, mario party

Monday, December 17, 2007 4:36 AM on j-body.org
Table Tennis might be fun. But, kind of pointless to buy if you already have Tennis on Wii Sports anyways. And I heard that the fishing game got horrible reviews. I had high hopes for the game and wanted to get it if I got a Wii. But, with reviews as bad as it got, there's no chance of it being good at all. I wish they made a good fishing game. I always liked playing the Bass Fishing games on PS2. It'd be a lot more fun with the motion sensing controllers on the Wii, or even the PS3 Sixaxis. Speaking of using Sixaxis, has anyone with a PS3 on here downloaded the new bowling game from PSN? Is it any good? I've thought about downloading it, but don't want to pay the $10 if it's crap.

98 Trans Am

Monday, December 17, 2007 8:35 AM on j-body.org
Ya know what you be a good game for the Wii?

A videogame version if the old "Operation" game.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search