Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii - Page 14 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Next-Gen Console Wars? PS3 vs. 360 vs. Wii
Friday, January 11, 2008 9:39 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:
AGuSTiN wrote:thats great bro but you addressed like 1 of 3 or 4 points I made then declared yourself correct.

Comcast already offers HD movies on demand. I have it right here. And those are fine, but that doesn't address ownership. That addresses rental. For that matter, same thing with netflix.

Bastardking3000 wrote:AGuSTiN - I hope you don't think netflix is gonna be the only company out there to do this. Some of them are gonna let you purchase the right to download it rather than rent(just like iTunes etc).
Just because its not on a disk already doesn't mean that you don't own it. If it bothers you that bad, burn it to disk after you purchase it and download it. But IMO that really isn't necessary. I fail to see what exactly I didn't address. Please enlighten me.

Really, you own your digital media? OK then, please, sell me a copy of an Itunes album you've purchased. Anything you want. I'd like to buy it second hand.

---

Sunday, January 20, 2008 12:07 AM on j-body.org
say what you want but this article has the numbers to show who is winning
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/UQkQDsY6UcUbiHdjvIEXMrbwcYk2sbpx

Monday, February 11, 2008 11:02 AM on j-body.org
^^^
Couldn't be because the xbox 360 had already been on sale for close to two years already.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30
Monday, February 11, 2008 12:27 PM on j-body.org
Sappy96 wrote:^^^
Couldn't be because the xbox 360 had already been on sale for close to two years already.

and in half the time, the wii has outsold the 360
http://nexgenwars.com/
and the ps3 is getting more and more steam as well

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:01 PM on j-body.org
So whats your point about units sold?

Monday, February 11, 2008 6:03 PM on j-body.org
im confused about your statement then

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:13 PM on j-body.org
Well, you say who is winning is determined by #s alone.

In that case the cavalier and sunfire are some of the best cars ever assembled.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 6:04 PM on j-body.org
^^ You're bad at analogies.

---

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 12:03 PM on j-body.org
i dont know, i think consoles are a bit different than cars, and the fact that it took half as much time for the Wii to sell what the 360 sold is telling me that nintendo is on to something
is it better in the graphics department than the 360? no, not by a significant margin
does it have better game play? a lot of people would say yes
personally, i think it is up to a person's preference which console is the best, or the best for them, whichever the case may be
but i really think nintendo hit a huge home run with the wii

Thursday, February 14, 2008 5:04 PM on j-body.org
^^^
Costs.

Same reason some cars sell hundreds of thousands and others sell thousands.

I am not saying that the wii is not a hit. It would be silly to deny that.

AGuSTiN wrote:^^ You're bad at analogies.

Yeah, thats not what I get paid to do soo o well.
You get my point.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:24 AM on j-body.org
I'm still a firm believer of the fact the Wii is selling so well is because it's the lowest costing, most highly advertised, and most unique..

People without a lot of money... but want a new gaming system will be like...... hey... this is cool.... you can control the game by moving the controller, and we can afford to buy this particular platform... I'm willing to bet damn near anything... that if a PS3 was sitting right next to a Wii and it costed the same.... 90% of people would pick up the PS3..

Money is playing a much bigger factor here than people think..

as for the 360.... a lot of people dont like the controller... and anyone aware of how the blueray/hd-dvd wars are going are a little afraid to buy one. I personally don't like them but thats just me.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:35 AM on j-body.org
Microsoft has all but announced a blue ray player add-on for the 360.
HD-DVD is dead, Toshiba threw in the towel.
Also last month the PS3 out sold the Wii and the 360 worldwide totals.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:21 AM on j-body.org
Weebel wrote:I'm still a firm believer of the fact the Wii is selling so well is because it's the lowest costing, most highly advertised, and most unique..

People without a lot of money... but want a new gaming system will be like...... hey... this is cool.... you can control the game by moving the controller, and we can afford to buy this particular platform... I'm willing to bet damn near anything... that if a PS3 was sitting right next to a Wii and it costed the same.... 90% of people would pick up the PS3..

I would be in the 10% that would still have chosen the wii. Money didn't factor into which one I wanted to purchase. I can afford whichever one I wanted and I went with the wii. I've been happy with my decision, but there is still the possibility that I'll decide later to purchase the PS3.

Whatever reason people use to base their decision on isn't important. What's important is which consoles have the most sales. That's the one that will get developers attention as their consumer base is larger for that platform and they have a greater potential for sales.

Coming into the battle, the wii was definitely the underdog and the popularity and sales results have been a surprise to everyone.

On a side note, I just picked up a MS 4000 wireless keyboard laser mouse combo from walmart for 14.99 (price matched to staples president's day sale price). Normal price is 79.99. Now surfing the internet on the wii will be less clumsy than using the wimote

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:02 AM on j-body.org
The problem with all of you is that you're all seeing this through the eyes of gamers who have been gamers for a long time. When people come over my house, they have NEVER said "fire up the Genesis, SNES, Playstation". But they see the Wii, oh man!

Seriously, I've had old ladies in my living room swinging that damn controller around.

The Wii is almost not even a competitor to the Ps3 and Xbox360. The PS3 and Xbox360 shares their audience with the Wii, but the Wii does not share it's audience back. The Wii has created it's own market the same way the Ipod did.

Further, the Wii is still the overall sales leader. It's also the most profitable, turning a profit ON THE CONSOLE since day 1. The others are subsidized by games and I think Microsoft barely made it's first gaming profit ever last quarter.

That being said, now the HD war is over I'm going to buy a PS3. That's all I was waiting on. Why by a Blu Ray player for $300 when I can get a PS3 for $400? PS3's sales are getting a boost because of people with my thinking.

---

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:02 AM on j-body.org
umm check it

ps3 is winning because there isnt much support for the HD DVD anymore, its alll going to BluRay, and if you have a problem with it, than suck it becaue i dont care...

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:18 AM on j-body.org
Not according to Engadget. They reported that the wii still outsold the others. Think about how many more wiis would have been sold if they had enough to keep the store shelves stocked during Christmas.
Friday, February 22, 2008 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Brian Groza wrote:umm check it

ps3 is winning because there isnt much support for the HD DVD anymore, its alll going to BluRay, and if you have a problem with it, than suck it becaue i dont care...

PS3 is getting a nice boost in sales, but it isnt totally due to the fact that Blu-Ray has all but become the official HD format. Boost in sales also came from a smaller priced SKU, as well as more and more games becoming available.

Granted, Blu-Ray winning the latest of the format wars is a huge win for Sony, but Microsoft made sure that in case HD-DVD was not the clear winner, they can still adapt to Blu-Ray in literally no time at all via USB drives (Similar to the HD-DVD drive now).

As for the Wii, it was severaly underestimated before hand, and now, Nintendo is still playing catch up to meet world wide demands (though now, I almost feel this is an artifical demand that they are creating). Nintendo is also getting more and more 3rd party support for their systems, and getting more product out there for their console then they ever have before.

Honestly, this is going to be a long time war. No system IMO is a clear cut winner. Each system has its own victories (PS3 w/ Blu-Ray, Wii w/ units getting sold/demand for units, and 360 w/ its games and XBL). One day, maybe we will have a clear winner, but that day definitly isn't today.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tristatetuners.com
IGOTBANNED.NET
OceanStateDubs.com
Sunday, February 24, 2008 5:36 PM on j-body.org
Str8edgez24 wrote:

As for the Wii, it was severaly underestimated before hand, and now, Nintendo is still playing catch up to meet world wide demands (though now, I almost feel this is an artifical demand that they are creating).

You don't understand economics. As long as they can manufacture enough to sell without having to lower cost they that is what they'll do. As soon ad there is and over abundance and prices have to be cut to sell them, that is when the production lines will be cut back. Right now, if they had the capacity to produce twice as many and sell them,then that is what they'd do. they'd make more profits form the sales of the units as well as games (in addition to outright being the clear winner in the war).

Artificially keeping production low to keep prices high works until you have empty shelves...at that time you're leaving profits on the table.
Monday, March 03, 2008 5:16 PM on j-body.org
in all honestly, i know people who has a wii, and they only have a game or two, thats it, most say ya its fun but i get sick of it real fast, so i think this whole wii thing is just a craze and will die down very fast, and after that people will be flocked to ps3, or maybe still the xbox 360 but there are alot of good ps3 games coming out soon, and with the new bundle sony is putting out with the 80GB ps3/metal gear solid 4/new rumble controller for the same 499 price i think they will sell alot, i know thats when im buying my ps3, along with alot of the games that are out now, like skate/grand turismo 5/call of duty/sports games/war games, everything haha

Monday, March 03, 2008 6:18 PM on j-body.org
Brian Groza wrote:in all honestly, i know people who has a wii, and they only have a game or two, thats it, most say ya its fun but i get sick of it real fast, so i think this whole wii thing is just a craze and will die down very fast, and after that people will be flocked to ps3, or maybe still the xbox 360 but there are alot of good ps3 games coming out soon, and with the new bundle sony is putting out with the 80GB ps3/metal gear solid 4/new rumble controller for the same 499 price i think they will sell alot, i know thats when im buying my ps3, along with alot of the games that are out now, like skate/grand turismo 5/call of duty/sports games/war games, everything haha

sorry but i got sick of the same old controller style
i have like 8 or 9 games, i got it at launch day, and im not sick of it at all
problem is giving myself time to play

Wednesday, March 05, 2008 5:53 PM on j-body.org

Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:57 AM on j-body.org
^^^ Okay..... all that prooves is that the PS3 has the best graphics.... and the Wii isn't anywhere close to being considered a next gen platform as far as power goes..

Although thats a major selling point for me so I'm on your side about that (assuming thats the message you where trying to send Bobby)

Another thing about power...... it isn't just the graphics that are better.... so is the AI and gameplay with a more powerfull system and the fact that the PS3 can have insane graphics while at the same time having a realistic enough enviroment to keep me emersed in the game sells me on that platform...

To be fair with the Wii.... we where looking into getting one recently and litterally every retailer we could find was completely sold out of them and it's pretty much impossable to get one right now (at least where I'm at anyway) soo Nintendo has to be doing something right I quess.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 6:13 PM on j-body.org
smash brothers brawl
i win
haha
but seriously, you could argue graphics and HD and all that jazz, but what it really comes down to is having games you like to play, and which system is more fun for you

Wednesday, March 19, 2008 9:45 AM on j-body.org
Weebl:

I can disarm the "Wii is not next gen" argument like this:

The 360 and PS3 have control systems that are 2 gens old.

The Wii is "next gen" or rather, current gen, on it's control system alone.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008 6:07 PM on j-body.org
I would get the WII because is more physical and more affordable.
That's two things the PS3 and XBOX 360 does not have

A. Physical Games that can be fun to play
B. More Affordable to buy

And I would get a PS3 because I'm more used to the remote controller and I do not like the XBOX360 controller. I think it sucks.
the graphics are pretty even. but if I had a regular XBOX and not a PS2, I would get a XBOX 360
A friend of mine said he can sell me his 360 with all 5 games for 600.00 dollars. No thanks!!
I still enjoy my PS2 and I can play online but the reality is, I don't have time to play.
If I was single and no kids because I have a 6 year old step daughter, HECK YEAH

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search