Patriot Act MISUSED!! SAY IT AINT SO! - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Patriot Act MISUSED!! SAY IT AINT SO!
Thursday, March 29, 2007 10:28 AM on j-body.org
^^^exactly. I just find it funny that in a country that prides itself on religious freedom is the one that will completely and utterly cram it fown your throat.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like i think america distills goatloads, but there is room for improvement, and the rest of the world is not too far behind, if at all, when it comes to freedoms.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:11 PM on j-body.org
Yeah, I've said it before and I'll say it again: I'm on the outside of the bubble (more or less) and when I read about PA and then PA II, I was literally doing the WTF face... This was a little before I started my current job and actually had to start reading US laws in case we had jurisdictional cross-overs.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, March 30, 2007 5:37 PM on j-body.org
"I don't try to debate politics or religion with anyone around here any more, I find more and more people that have nothing good to say about the country. I think it's the greatest nation on this earth, we have more freedoms than nearly all countries. And that's pretty much all there is to say on my behalf."

Nice statement, i like that. Anyway, on another note, i totally respect everyones opinions. The people that bother me are the ones that run around acting like they know EVERYTHING and want to just argue EVERYTHING. I have a hard time not respecting those who see spcific issues and voice their opinion. Thats the best part of this country. I just hate how people cant debate. This country was founded on debate and anymore it seems like you always find that one guy that wants to fight the second you disagree. OH well. I guess time will tell what will happen with these sorts of things. LIke i said previously, i understand the want to not be investigated unjustly, i feel the same way. But at the same time if there is anything i can do to help save 2500 people then id do it..ya know? I mean this within limits of course. Im not goign to let someone come walk around my house and look for stuff they "heard" was there, but like i said, we just need to find that happy medium where we arent really giving up civil liberties yet we are keeping our country safe. It is a difficult task to say the least.
Friday, March 30, 2007 8:26 PM on j-body.org
Harrison, the reason 9/11 happened was because of the FBI's internal rule that disallowed sharing information about open investigations with other departments (like the INS or local FBI offices). It wasn't an intelligence failure, the CIA already knew about islamic fundamentalists trying to overtake aircraft and use them against US based targets.

I keep referring to it as Rule 15A, but I don't remember the exact rule, and I haven't seen the FBI liason @ work to ask about it.

Anyhow, difficult tasks are not impossible: but giving up a good part of what makes America great is giving up on yourselves to try and fix the problem.

I'm just wondering where I fit in on your scale of loud mouthed know-it-alls?

Saturday, March 31, 2007 4:12 PM on j-body.org
actually the internal rule you speak of i spoke of at length in the previous pages, thats excatly the problem that the patriot act aims to solve. And like ive said a couple times if you read all the posts ive made on the subject, i agree that giving up civil liberties isnt neccessarily a good thing, but we have to find a happy medium, i never said we have to give up a mojority or get a majority, we just need to find a place in the middle, thats all...

and no you arent a loud mouth sob like some ive met. There are people that will bring stuff up that has in no way a part to do with the subject at hand and argue it until kingdom come...
Saturday, March 31, 2007 5:48 PM on j-body.org
I didn't see that part, but either way, there's encouraging information exchange, and side-stepping rules with statutory encouragement. I don't think that there's any positives for giving up civil liberties or making it easier to abuse the powers given.

I work in law enforcement, and I can see a big opportunity to do a lot of good, but I'd rather see the burden of evidence kept high, because that makes it much much harder for a superior court to overturn a conviction. When you can get a title 50 warrant when you really should get a Title 18, you've got a built in appeal. I know enough cops that want to see their cases through to a conclusion, not have to re-visit them 3-5-10 years after the arrest and trial.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search