Spanish guy... - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Spanish guy...
Tuesday, February 27, 2007 10:54 PM on j-body.org
I call black people Negroids, whites Caucazoid and asians Mongoloids.

But that's on a booking form.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 11:30 PM on j-body.org
fpz24 wrote:Why is it America has hispanic people labeled spanish? What i mean is, someone says" hey, did you see that spanish guy over there...". wait, he's latin, hispanic, maybe even mexican or puerto rican. but you have no idea if he is from spain or not. we( hispanic people) don't call you "english". some say "well, you speak spanish and your people are from Spain. yeah, well so your people are from England and speak english but we got are stuff straight. it just annoys me when people can't say "hey, look at that mexican" just so they don't "offend someone", even though they KNOW that person is from mexico. that's just me but what does everyone else think, am I spanish or latin/hispanic???

Because most of them are such over-the-top bigots, just the thought of being associated with another country makes them red-hot with fury.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:18 AM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:
Glace wrote:
Smus ran out of posts wrote:...umm...becuase their genetics show that their ancestors came from asia...

What does this mean? Should I call people from the US, Europeans? Should I call Brazilians, Americans?

If you want to be technical, yes.
Look at where Brazil is at: South America.
And technically you can say a person born in Argentina, Honduras, Canada is an American as those countries lie in the continents of the Americas.

That's exactly what I'm getting at, we don't call people from the Canada, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico etc Americans, we call them by wherever they're from so why not do the same with Japanese, Koreans, Chinese etc.? Why just a big blanket called Asia?

The reason why I wish the word Asian isn't used is because it's way too big of a generalization. When you say a person is Japanese for example, you have a decent idea of what they are like, based on your knowledge of their culture, history, way of life, current trends etc. But when you say "Asia", what does it mean? It can be anything since "Asia" is so diverse from the Phillipines, Iran, India, Japanese, Taiwan, to Mongolia and etc. It's not that people can't tell the difference between them, I believe people just choose not to since "Asia" is so far away geographically so it's out of their conciousness. I read in a National Geographic site that only 37% of 18-24 Americans know where Iraq is, despite being at war with them for 4 years, this being the second war no less. This isn't because a lack of education or media exposure, it's simply ignorance or laziness. If people don't even know anything about Iraq even when there is an American occupation, what does that say about the knowledge of Asia? I'm almost positive that less than 37% can point out where Japan is.

Why do I feel strongly about this? It's not because I'm a bigot or, using a j-body cliche, butt-hurt; it's just annoying because every geographic group is called by a name that makes sense, EXCEPT people in the East, and especially for peoples apathy regarding something so simple as the ethnic/geographic groups of the world.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:20 AM on j-body.org
EliteCavy wrote:um are we in europe? no so why the @!#$ would you call us europeans? people from korea are from asia, hence they are called "asians."

Because Americans are from Europe.

Slo2pt2 (Projekt Unknown?) wrote:One my SON is ADHD N.O.S and Autistic Spectrum Disorder. I will nto medicate him he will battle throught this himself and learn to control it.

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 9:41 AM on j-body.org
Considering how many different groups of people make up america...we should just call ourselves Mutts or Mongrels.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Saturday, March 31, 2007 11:43 AM on j-body.org
haha i dont know why white people here in the states is so proud of being white they are not even what you call PURE WHITE they are all mixed, they are not aryans technically the only people that are pure were the people from germany and some other countries many years ago, they were pure white, but white people in amercia they are not pure so i dont understand why they say that hispanics are not white although a lot of us look the part you know white skin , light eye color , light hair , we are not white even though we look caucasian just because e speak a different language and have a different culture
for example caucasians in southamerica and spain wouldnt be considered white here, heck not even italians are considered white here in the states
the reason why people call all hispanics or latinos "spanish" is because f the language i know is wrong but thats the way it is here in the states, theres nothing we can do about it
i mean i really dont care what white or black people think of me , if im not physically caucasian or not what they think doesnt not matter to me cause i know they are not pure so they have no @!#$ right to express in such a way
people in america are white because of the europeans , just like black are blAcks because of africans
thats all i have to say

Saturday, March 31, 2007 2:58 PM on j-body.org
In that case it is accurate. Sorting by language and NOT by race. That would be fine in a way.

I am English then as are most North Americans. Except the French and the Spanish.. Oh ya, The Chinese, Japanese, Punjabis, Oru, etc etc, 47 times or so.

AND it would such for certain Ethnic groups. Many North American Natives would be considered "English" because they have lost their mother tongue.

I would rather class by citizenship. My Asian, Punjabi, brown, Pakistani, Muslum friend is a Canadian. First and formost he is Canadian to me.

I wish everyone saw it that way.

PAX
Sunday, April 01, 2007 11:51 PM on j-body.org
WannaBzee (aka BadAceDesign) wrote:
fpz24 wrote:Why is it America has hispanic people labeled spanish? What i mean is, someone says" hey, did you see that spanish guy over there...". wait, he's latin, hispanic, maybe even mexican or puerto rican. but you have no idea if he is from spain or not. we( hispanic people) don't call you "english". some say "well, you speak spanish and your people are from Spain. yeah, well so your people are from England and speak english but we got are stuff straight. it just annoys me when people can't say "hey, look at that mexican" just so they don't "offend someone", even though they KNOW that person is from mexico. that's just me but what does everyone else think, am I spanish or latin/hispanic???

Because most of them are such over-the-top bigots, just the thought of being associated with another country makes them red-hot with fury.

x2

Monday, April 02, 2007 6:24 AM on j-body.org
Well if they speak spanish, just call them hispanohablantes. That's a catch-all for spanish speakers, eh.

Monday, April 02, 2007 8:51 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha: The problem with grouping by citizenry is that in some cases, i'm embarrassed to admit i'm american. Despite all the good we've done over the years, americans have @!#$ some serious things up.

And if you know me, you'll know that i think before you feel pride in something, you need to feel shame.

Glace: a step further: any rissian born on*just* the east crest of the eurals, whom whould likely be as white as me, would then be called, "asian".

My take to the ultimate level: We're human. Enough said.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Monday, April 02, 2007 10:39 AM on j-body.org
" WE MAY BE HUMANS BUT WE ARE STILL ANIMALS" - Steve Vai

Monday, April 02, 2007 11:01 AM on j-body.org
^Touché

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 10:35 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper of the Light™]Hahahaha: The problem with grouping by citizenry is that in some cases, i'm embarrassed to admit i'm american. Despite all the good we've done over the years, americans have @!#$ some serious things up.

And if you know me, you'll know that i think before you feel pride in something, you need to feel shame.

Wel then, you're half-way there

Maybe you should be embarassed once in a while, I know my Government has embarassed me before, but I stick by them. Why, because I am Canadian, this is my home and regretfully sometimes, my people. If we screw up, I must stand and face that jugement.

I also understand that I as an individule do not always agree with things my country does. I hope that others understand that also. I know that a huge number of US citizens would not have done some of the things the world condems the US for, as an example. I realize that certain cultures don't see it that way, but I think the majority do.

PAX*
Tuesday, April 03, 2007 4:21 PM on j-body.org
If my government embarasses me, i call them out on it. Support no matter what leads to stuff like Fascism.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 3:47 AM on j-body.org
I didn't say support no matter what. I said stand and face the fallout. They screwed up? Well, OK, I don't like it, but I'm still Canadian. Nobody's perfect, especially political leaders.

PAX
Wednesday, April 04, 2007 5:10 PM on j-body.org
I get what you're saying, but you're came off the way that pisses me off about anyone who's any nationality--but with the patriotic surge here, it is geting aggrivating...

And that is those that look at the leaders, and see them as capable of doing no wrong, or, if they do wrong, they have the "so what, we're the greatest nation on earth" mentality.

A few things: I don't care if you're American, Canadian, Finnish, Bangladeshian, Japanese, or Albanian: If you believe that your nation is the best on earth then we're REALLY scraping the bottom of the barrel, and despite being the best, it doesn't mean that there's not room for improvement.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Thursday, April 05, 2007 4:45 AM on j-body.org
Well, I guess I take the slant that we need to own our errors and learn from them. I despise the fact that people think making mistakes is a weakness, in reality it's the best way to learn. If you haven't made any mistakes then you've never tried hard enough, you've never innovated, or thought outside the box.. I think that is a far bigger weakness. If you try and fail, you lose, if you don't try at all, you're doomed.

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated.

- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Thursday, April 12, 2007 10:50 AM on j-body.org
Hahahaha wrote:In that case it is accurate. Sorting by language and NOT by race. That would be fine in a way.

I am English then as are most North Americans. Except the French and the Spanish.. Oh ya, The Chinese, Japanese, Punjabis, Oru, etc etc, 47 times or so.

AND it would such for certain Ethnic groups. Many North American Natives would be considered "English" because they have lost their mother tongue.

I would rather class by citizenship. My Asian, Punjabi, brown, Pakistani, Muslum friend is a Canadian. First and formost he is Canadian to me.

I wish everyone saw it that way.

PAX

AMEN BROTHER

I ain't callin u a gold digga,but you ain't messin wit a broke cracka
Thursday, April 12, 2007 5:38 PM on j-body.org
Quote:

It's the same reason why everyone from the East is called "Asian" and it pisses me off; it's just ignorance for people to not bother learning the different races.

Thats just retarded. They ARE Asian. By the way, where did you learn the difference in appearance of different (countries) people in Asia?

Quote:

haha i dont know why white people here in the states is so proud of being white they are not even what you call PURE WHITE
What the hell are you talking about? What white people do you know that have ever thought of themselves as "pure white"..?

Sunday, May 13, 2007 12:03 AM on j-body.org
but you mexican so why bother with it lol <3 ya omar lol

5 seconds to find another street...

Monday, May 14, 2007 8:55 AM on j-body.org
EZ3K1EL wrote:
Quote:

haha i dont know why white people here in the states is so proud of being white they are not even what you call PURE WHITE
What the hell are you talking about? What white people do you know that have ever thought of themselves as "pure white"..?

Aryans.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search