Road rage up as gas prices go up? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Road rage up as gas prices go up?
Monday, May 21, 2007 7:54 AM on j-body.org
Has anybody else noticed there seems to be more Road rage instances as gas prices increase? Here in Toledo we reached another record plateau for a 3rd week $3.39/gal for 87 and a couple of stations at $3.49/gal. I noticed mainly around gas stations that people are laying into their horns, flippin the bird or just plain out cussing out other drivers even for stupid little things like not noticing the light turned green right away. It sure as hell ain't the weather considering we only had one day in the mid 80's so obviously people are getting pissed off about getting raped at the pumps.

Re: Road rage up as gas prices go up?
Monday, May 21, 2007 7:59 AM on j-body.org
Some people are just @!#$s, no matter what the price of gas is. I wouldn't worry about it.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Monday, May 21, 2007 8:04 AM on j-body.org
I've had road rage for a long time, the gas prices don't really help but they don't contribute to it either.

Monday, May 21, 2007 8:40 AM on j-body.org
Gas Prices... yet another reason I wish I could tele-commute.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:48 PM on j-body.org
$hit, if your noticing that now , I can't wait until mid summer hits.

Boaters Beware !

Monday, May 21, 2007 1:07 PM on j-body.org
Yeah... my Dad has a 24' Chapperal with a 454 big block pushing a Mercruiser Bravo stern drive. I shudder to think what that runs him a weekend to play with.

Monday, May 21, 2007 6:30 PM on j-body.org
toledo just sucks, once they get the bridge finished i hope things will get better. searching for the ohio theater sucked since the exit was closed on 280 and no detour to get back to where we needed

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:07 PM on j-body.org
Gas prices arent that high compared with inflation.

Adjusted for inflation in March of 1981 at $1.40 a gallon was more than we are paying now

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Monday, May 21, 2007 7:49 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Yeah... my Dad has a 24' Chapperal with a 454 big block pushing a Mercruiser Bravo stern drive. I shudder to think what that runs him a weekend to play with.

I find it ironic though, some people will pay anything to " get away from it all ", and yet
if you look at the little bay in my sig it looks like a 400 series highway on a Long weekend
rush to the cottage ! getting away from what ? .... I'm grateful however, that half of them don't have a clue
as to WTF they are doing , boating wise. Job creation =$$$

BTW the more remote fuel locations, especially the lake locked one's, will sink your
credit faster than concrete shoes on a chunky wise-guy from Brooklyn ..

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 11:22 AM on j-body.org
Rob S wrote:Gas prices arent that high compared with inflation.

Adjusted for inflation in March of 1981 at $1.40 a gallon was more than we are paying now

BUZZZZZZ Wrong answer Mr.Gas prices need to go up
Gas Hits New Record Highs
Quote:

With this week's increase, the price of gasoline is now 11 percent higher than its level a year ago ($2.89), and matches the highest inflation-adjusted price ever recorded in the United States, which came during the gas crisis back in March 1981. At that time, the price was $1.42, but in 2007 dollars, it becomes $3.22.

Tuesday, May 22, 2007 6:48 PM on j-body.org
$3.65 a gallon today in Grand Rapids. Shoo i got to fill up too

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 5:51 AM on j-body.org
I just unloaded $30+ in my wife's SL1 this morning, my ass still hurts from that.

Gas station owner protests Shell by raising prices
Gas Thieves Steal License Plates
It's not bad enough oil companies are raping us punks have to add insult to injury

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:08 AM on j-body.org
Hey, I paid $54 to fill up my ALERO yesterday.

Until you guys are paying that much I have no sympathy. At this rate I might as well buy a bus pass.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 10:20 AM on j-body.org
gas here is about $1.09 / liter was higher on the weekend but came down a little bit.
Wednesday, May 23, 2007 11:52 AM on j-body.org
Yeah.. it dropped down today from 1.11 to 1.03... buggers.

Wednesday, May 23, 2007 2:00 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Gas Prices... yet another reason I wish I could tele-commute.

Got that right, I'm saving roughly $6000 a year now that I don't have to commute into 220 KM to/from Toronto daily. I really hope that at somepoint there will be incentives for employers to allow more telecommting, it solves so many issues, from traffic, reliance on fossil fuels. My car has travelled about 7000 km in the last 18 months, I used to do that in about a month, so it should last a hell of a lot longer to boot.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 6:45 AM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Hey, I paid $54 to fill up my ALERO yesterday.

Until you guys are paying that much I have no sympathy. At this rate I might as well buy a bus pass.

With the US dollar falling we're not that far behind. $1US dollar = $1.08 Can. Dollar and with your price in your 4th post $1.03/l x 1.08 x 3.78541178L = $4.21USd per gal. On the news last night Aspen Col. was leading the way with $4.09/gal. Besides you have a better healthcare system .

Thursday, May 24, 2007 9:10 AM on j-body.org
Rat: Yeah... I've got a bit of a problem in that I have documents to look after. Once we go full paperless, I may be able to.

Thursday, May 24, 2007 10:17 AM on j-body.org
Gas is at 1.20 here. Costs me 54 dollars to fill up the ol' Talon. Ouch. No road rage though, I drive a lot less . Too bad the weather is @!#$ty or I'd still be jogging to work. It's snowing today LOL and just last thursday it was +20 or something nice like that. Hopefully this weekend brings some much needed sun.....

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Friday, May 25, 2007 6:50 AM on j-body.org
I am just over $100 a fill-up for the Seirra, and the GF is putting about $60 a fill-up in the GTP (if it ever gets running again)

I fill up every 4-5 days, and she fills up every 20-25 days.

Hmm, maybe we should switch for the summer.

**there is only one true love in my life... and my girlfriend has learned to live with it**
Friday, May 25, 2007 9:07 PM on j-body.org
Or... lay off the gas pedal, leave the windows up, and use the vents instead of AC when you can.

maybe your GF would want to try a Fit w/SC?

Saturday, May 26, 2007 6:42 AM on j-body.org
LOL!

Believe me, it is not my foot to the floor, or the AC that is doing. It is the 120kms a day I drive at 18-20mpg. It is all casual driving, just a lot of it.

We looked at a few cars for her yesterday, the Jeep Patriot, Dodge Caliber (both brand new) and an 05 Pontiac G6 GT. She really liked the G6 GT, so we may go back again and see what kind of deal a friend of my Dad's, who is a dealer there can give us.

Then, just fix the GTP and sell it off.

Saturday, May 26, 2007 11:00 PM on j-body.org
Ahh... The g6 is a great car... I test drove (okay pounded) one and it was definitely fun.

As far as the driving goes, I tend to make one big circuit of my drive, and it helps keep the efficiency up... once I get the coils replaced, it oughtta be better too... hopefully.

Sunday, May 27, 2007 1:44 AM on j-body.org
I just put $30 in... the prices are insane, I wish they'd freeze them or something. It's getting kind of ridiculous. I actually drive around with a baseball bat in my trunk now since a guy backed into me at a gas station lol hey, you never know when you'll wanna stop and play a little ball lmao

Sunday, May 27, 2007 9:59 AM on j-body.org
Spike J wrote:Has anybody else noticed there seems to be more Road rage instances as gas prices increase? Here in Toledo we reached another record plateau for a 3rd week $3.39/gal for 87 and a couple of stations at $3.49/gal. I noticed mainly around gas stations that people are laying into their horns, flippin the bird or just plain out cussing out other drivers even for stupid little things like not noticing the light turned green right away. It sure as hell ain't the weather considering we only had one day in the mid 80's so obviously people are getting pissed off about getting raped at the pumps.

you can make a correlation between the two... however people in general have just been getting more "piss poor" as a societal whole as of late.

example, in baltimore, you can murder someone and get outta jail in 3-6 months (fact from abcnews 2 and wjz13)

but sell drugs and its 5 months to a year....

by that logic you can kill the guy with the weed and coke and serve less time and take out local competition.....

also the older you get, the more you realize, as wesley snipes said it in Blade Trinity.... "the world just isnt nice...."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search