Conservatives: Why do you vote Republican? - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Conservatives: Why do you vote Republican?
Thursday, February 22, 2007 1:51 PM on j-body.org
GAM: The thing is, granted it isn't exactly the smartest thing, but the promotion of "destruction of terrorism" would be the banner.

Now, granted, this might be a strech, but I think that part of this feeling of failure could be part of our need for instant gratification.

That's my idea as to why things arn't "going as planned" becuase things arn't fast enough. I mean, we live in a world of fast food, instant cash, and touch free car washes. I think that could be part of it.

I dunno, kind of off topic....but I just wanted to get that idea out there...

Thursday, February 22, 2007 2:48 PM on j-body.org
It's more than that...it's like drugs, crime, poverty, and prejudice...all of those are inherent to human nature--like terrorism. you'rte not going to kill it or win a war with it until you change human nature...

and neither Democrats or Republicans have a prayer of doing that.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, February 22, 2007 3:47 PM on j-body.org
Smus: yeah. more or less, but Destroying terrorism is not going to happen in Iraq, because there weren't terrorists in Iraq before the invasion, and they were never a state sponsor of terrorism, and they haven't had the capacity for CBRN technology (of any appreciable scale) since 1992.

And how is eradicating terrorism going to happen with the boogey man still on the loose?

I realise it's off on a tangent, but this goes to the credibility of Conservatives...

I saw this bit from Bill Maher... and while I don't always agree with him, this is one thing I believe, and I'll paraphrase because I don't remember specifically:
"Conservatives and liberals are different in that Liberals have to be kicked in the ass to get moving, and Conservatives you have to reign in at every turn."

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Friday, February 23, 2007 8:27 AM on j-body.org
It's not that we're going to end it in Iraq...we're not going to end it PERIOD.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Sunday, February 25, 2007 7:47 PM on j-body.org
Basically I'll vote Republican because they have traditionally been the party of fiscal conservatism. This isn't counting the current president who is spending a lot of money on people in Iraq who don't deserve it. I feel that a good politician is one who spends the publics money wisely, something that doesn't seem to be a priority anymore. The Dems have always spent tax money freely; welfare, social security, etc while the GOP has been seen as trying to cut entitlement programs. I see a good portion of my check going to programs that I would rather not put money into, I could use it better then our government can.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:18 PM on j-body.org
Current?

GHW Bush continued the drunk-sailor on pay day in port spending habits of Ronald Reagan and near made the Financial community go into convulsions when he said "READ MY LIPS: NO NEW TAXES" on the outset of Desert Storm. He not only reduced corporate tax responsibility, he was responsible for setting up the early-90's recession/depression and fiscal contraction.

Reagan oversaw the dispersal of US gold stocks from Fort Knox and the Federal Depository to about 60 sites across the US, not only incurring a few hundred million in securing and transportation costs, but also miraculously losing bricks in some places and gaining them in others, and not having a wholly accurate accounting. His policies over inflated the US dollar, and created monumental inflation... hell, you only now are starting to see those accrued debts go down.

Nixon "communicated" his way into the hole in the 70's with the Vietnam War, and Ford basically had to deal with Nixonian mismanagement of funds transferred to the States.

In the last 100 years, the last fiscally responsible Republican President was probably Ike Eisenhower.

If you don't like that the playing field is being evened, I suggest you count yourself lucky... the way things are going, individuals in the middle and lower income brackets are going to get saddled with even more of the tax burden thanks to the GOP, because they're not about to make wealthy individual and corporate campaign donors pay taxes... that's just silly!

Sunday, February 25, 2007 8:46 PM on j-body.org
Lets see the Republicans = lower taxes and the Democrates = higher taxes. The Dems look at my paycheck and think how they can get more of it while the Reps look at it and say "Good work". No brainer when it comes to money!

The rest is values and beliefs. They all lie but the Dems are so open and blatent abou ti and they just don't care! (see Bill Clinton)

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 9:39 PM on j-body.org
Actually, Republicans don't give a sh*t about what YOU make...

They leave the mess for the Democrats to clean up after it becomes painfully obvious they can't hold the line on spending... so you get higher taxes because of Republicans, but you get long-term survivability out of Democrats.

BRILLIANT!

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:35 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Actually, Republicans don't give a sh*t about what YOU make...

They leave the mess for the Democrats to clean up after it becomes painfully obvious they can't hold the line on spending... so you get higher taxes because of Republicans, but you get long-term survivability out of Democrats.

BRILLIANT!

Long term survivability? LOL! Your kidding right? What have the Democrats done that was so great latly? I know the no child left behind act! No no that was the Republicans. Hmmm. I know the housing market has done awesome cause of them. Oh no wait that was the Republicans again. I know I know the Democrats gave us those awesome tax cuts and doubled the tax credit for children so we can get more money BACK from the govt! Oh wait that was the Republicans again. Hmmm, exactly what have the Democrats done lately? Well the first thing that springs to mind is how they're trying everything they can to get our troops home! Awe isn't that great? NOPE! They want to force the President into pullng our troops out BY CUTTING OFF THEIR FUNDING!! What was that you said GAM? Oh yeah BRILLIANT! That way we have more dead cause they run out of supplies! Awesome idea! (rollz eyez)

Sorry GAM but the Democrats used to be for the little guy and thats when I voted for them. But since Clinton left office (remember I voted for him) All they seem to care about is how to raise my taxes more! I vote for who directly effects me and my family and keeping my taxes down so I can send my kids to school is who's getting MY vote.

Semper Fi SAINT. May you rest in peace.

Sunday, February 25, 2007 11:43 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Lets see the Republicans = lower taxes and the Democrates = higher taxes. The Dems look at my paycheck and think how they can get more of it while the Reps look at it and say "Good work". No brainer when it comes to money!

The rest is values and beliefs. They all lie but the Dems are so open and blatent abou ti and they just don't care! (see Bill Clinton)
The Republicans don't give a rats ass about you or how much taxes you pay. They're not helping you - they're just telling you what you want think you want but what will screw you in the end. Like the "cool" parent that gets their kids cigs, alchohol, pot, and blow - then encourages them in "their decision" to drop out of high school. That parent might be popular with their kid, but they're not exactly helping their kid's future.

That "tax break" that you got is nothing... nothing but a smokescreen/excuse for a gigantic tax cut for the super-wealthy. They're even more fake than the Democrats(if that is really possible). Actually the long term strategy is to transfer that tax burden away from those earning muti-millions or billions, and shift the tax burden towards average hard working people like you and me. Let me ask you... have you ever had a credit card company, bank, or medical bill collector ever tell you "That's all right, you don't really have to pay back that money we lent you, not even the interest" - well have you? Somehow I doubt it. One way or another, you will be paying them back. Do you really think the government is really different? Don't you realize that by not paying it now, they're gonna need to pay ALOT MORE later? Do you think that debt is gonna up and disappear? Should we ignore it until it goes away? Just who do you think is gonna end up picking up that over-inflated bill? You are my friend.

Now imagine if you decided to accept(volenteer even) a big paycut, then proceed to spend way over the means of even your previously greater income. Just keep that up, rack up mega-debt(with mega-interest), and just pass that debt on to your son. Sooner or later that money is getting paid. But with that "fair tax" idea, that money is getting paid more and more... by the people who earn the least. Sound fair to you? Now for my next question - do you want to take a small (tax) hit now or a HUGE (tax) hit in 10(or less) years?

This reminds me of people who won't see a doctor "because they might find something wrong with me," then end up dying because something really was wrong with them... and they didn't see a doctor for it.

GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:Actually, Republicans don't give a sh*t about what YOU make...

BRILLIANT!
Yep it's a great political stratagy - lower your tax income while increasing financial liability through the roof - making it entirely unsustainable. Then eventually when the Democrats take control, they're forced to what must be done(made 100 x worse by wasteful spending that would outrage even the most financially irresponsible mega-Liberal) despite being unpopular. Basically they're gonna force the Democrats to raise taxes (necessary to fix the damage done by Republicans) so that they can keep claiming to be the party to lower your taxes, and that the Democrats are the ones who skyrocket them higher than they where.

While it is very dirty politics - a policy that gambles with the very future of out country no less - it is none the less a brilliant political strategy. I've got to hand the Republicans that. But what do you expect from dirty scum politicians? I expect no better from Democrats either(hell, they probably wish they thought of it first).

Jackolope - you really need to get over believing that Republicans are better - in any way, shape, or form - than their fellow scumbag politicians aka the Democrats. When it comes to choosing between the two, there is no "right choice," but there is a "wrong choice." They are just two sides of the same filthy coin. If you choose either party(over choosing individual politicians based off of MERIT)... then you just made the "wrong choice."

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Monday, February 26, 2007 9:57 AM on j-body.org
^^ Bravo.

---

Monday, February 26, 2007 10:25 AM on j-body.org
The moment anyone says "The republicans/democrats are better" I zone out on them. They're partisan, and they're idiots.

You can always figure out which ones get their political information from a partisan hack like Hannity or Limbaugh, Franken or whoever, just by what they say. It's easy to spot someone merely repeating what they've heard.

Seriously, if you're in here arguing armed mostly/solely with information you got from partisan media, you ALWAYS go down in defeat in a debate with more well-read posters.

---

Monday, February 26, 2007 12:29 PM on j-body.org
just to throw more fuel on the fire:

Comic of the day:

http://www.gocomics.com/nonsequitur/2007/02/26/

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Monday, February 26, 2007 4:17 PM on j-body.org
Jackalope wrote:Long term survivability? LOL! Your kidding right?

No, I'm not.
How smart is it to borrow $1 BILLION dollars every 2 days from the Chinese to finance the War of Terror?
How smart is it to not even pay off the interest on the accrued debt
How smart is it to allow inflation to de-value your dollar?

Seriously, if you stop and think about it, Dubya isn't going to save the economy by burying it with owed interest. Try not paying your credit card's basic monthly interest calculation, and see how much that kicks your arse in the end... now apply that to your Government, because it's the same principle.

Quote:

What have the Democrats done that was so great latly? I know the no child left behind act! No no that was the Republicans.
Republicans set the goals.. great.. they were set in the mid-90's under Clinton, and the rep. controlled house and senate voted it down.. then they propose the SAME THING, and it passes, but they can't FUND it... with A REPUBLICAN CONTROLLED HOUSE AND SENATE. Seems they can't fix their own problems with both hands.

Quote:

Hmmm. I know the housing market has done awesome cause of them. Oh no wait that was the Republicans again.
Sure, the housing market has done great... take New Orleans... oh... wait.

Seriously, housing costs are going to "Correct" soon enough, and a lot of Flippers are going to take it in the rectal cavity.

Quote:

I know I know the Democrats gave us those awesome tax cuts and doubled the tax credit for children so we can get more money BACK from the govt! Oh wait that was the Republicans again.
Sure, they gave the upper 2% and corporations a huge tax cut, and gave you the dregs. So, they reduced everyone's tax responsibility, and created a GIGANTIC DEBT and IMMENSE DEFICIT.

GO DUBYA!

Quote:

Hmmm, exactly what have the Democrats done lately?
They've been in for 2 months. Give it some time Hondo.

Quote:

Well the first thing that springs to mind is how they're trying everything they can to get our troops home! Awe isn't that great? NOPE! They want to force the President into pullng our troops out BY CUTTING OFF THEIR FUNDING!!
They can't do that, first off: Defence cuts are for R&D. No soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan is going to lose pay off that. R&D Funding is earmarked for corporations that develop new weapons, working or otherwise.

Getting troops out is dicey subject, but there's enough Reps that want them out as well. Seems that everyone is waking up to the idea that now that there's no WMD, no Saddam, and you've popped the divider between religious factions, it MIGHT not be such a great idea to keep them in there for longer than they need be there.

What was that you said GAM? Oh yeah BRILLIANT! That way we have more dead cause they run out of supplies! Awesome idea! (rollz eyez)

Quote:

Sorry GAM but the Democrats used to be for the little guy and thats when I voted for them. But since Clinton left office (remember I voted for him) All they seem to care about is how to raise my taxes more! I vote for who directly effects me and my family and keeping my taxes down so I can send my kids to school is who's getting MY vote.

Jack: Your much loathed Republicans have squandered YOUR money for 7 years, like drunken sailors. They've made it impossible to sustain their tax cuts, and inevitable that in order to repair the damage, you'll have to go with a tax increase. Sorry, but in order to stop the country's finances from going into the sh*tter, you NEED TO BALANCE THE BOOKS. The Republicans aren't going to do it, and when the Dems are forced to cut spending and raise taxes, it's going to be a game of fingerpointing... and when you point the finger of blame, there's 3 more pointing back at you... (Check that sh*t out).

Seriously, they're 2 sides of the same coin, but when it comes to fiscal responsibility, Democrats (namely Clinton, Carter, and Kennedy) have it ALL OVER Reps... the last budget Clinton delivered had budget surpluses that were greater than any other time in US history. Argue with that.

Saturday, June 09, 2007 8:15 PM on j-body.org
GRAVEL 2008 lol

Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:47 AM on j-body.org
You seriously brought this thread back from the dead to say...
wysiwyg wrote:GRAVEL 2008 lol

I dunno about you, but I like to throw a little more substance into my post when I'm doing something like that. Hell, you didn't even name one reason that you like Gravel.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:32 AM on j-body.org
Bastardking3000 wrote:You seriously brought this thread back from the dead to say...
wysiwyg wrote:GRAVEL 2008 lol

I dunno about you, but I like to throw a little more substance into my post when I'm doing something like that. Hell, you didn't even name one reason that you like Gravel.

this is why i like Gravel. His points are progressive, and he isn't scared to speak the truth. This is the kind of president our country needs right now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gMlHv2lDqA

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search