So I Felt really Good About Myself Today.... - Page 3 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: So I Felt really Good About Myself Today....
Monday, November 19, 2007 6:23 PM on j-body.org
Why no English?
Me no English...
Why you no speak English?
me no speak English....
Why you no learning English?
me no understand
You go to school and learn English
me no money no school
Well then screw yourself and go back to your country.
J/K!!

I speak both but English is way better.
Spanish is a 3rd world country language.
America is not a 3rd world country

Hola, me llamo Ramon!
Que le gustaria ordenar.
yo quierodeblablablablablablablabla
QUE!

I was thinking....
I love Americans.
Americans are a lot easier to handle than Mexicans.
I do not mean it in a bad way but when I deal with Spanish costumers I have to be more patient with them because Spanish is a very difficult language to understand, Spanish to me is a different world, different meanings, and that's why I like English better.
Number one: it sounds better
Number two: F*** U sounds better than "Jodetecabronhijodeputaqueteparioandaleandaleandale"
Number Three: English is Sexy
Number four: English is the world's Business language.
Number five: the word Priceless is a single word in English. In Spanish it takes two words "Sin precio" I don' like that
Number six:I hate the sound of this Spanish letter Ń
Number seven: in Spanish the letter H has no sound at all. Why does it exist? (get rid of it then)

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:34 AM on j-body.org
Actually, English, being germanic, is not a sexy language. generally speaking, the romantic languages, of which spanish is one, are considered the most beautiful.

But really, I think that every language has at least one word that sounds best in that language than any others...

I mean really, for the word, "attention", can anyone compete with German's "ACHTUNG!!!" or Spanish's word for "man"; "Hombre". How about Japanese's "Thank you"; "Arigato". Can you beat Russian's "Do svidaniya?"

Okay, sorry for the aside...back the the thread at hand

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 11:56 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Actually, English, being germanic, is not a sexy language. generally speaking, the romantic languages, of which spanish is one, are considered the most beautiful.

yeah i agree completely here....english is not a sexy language. of course i am a fan of germanic languages BECAUSE they are so harsh and brusque. a german love sonnet will sound like you are cussing someone out....and there is a perverse beauty in that duality.

robby: i hate to tell you...but english is much harder to understand due to the flexibility of the language. we have homophones, homonyms for starters, and that is even getting into out slang terms or colloquialisms that we use daily. while spanish have these also, they are not nearly as prevalent or misused as the english language.

also, spanish is not a 3rd world country language. mexico might be considered a 2nd or 3rd world country....but they dont speak mexicanish...they speak SPANISH, referring to SPAIN which is most definitely NOT a 3rd world country.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 1:16 PM on j-body.org
Think english is hard...try the slavic languages: Word order optional *

Still, i have to agree with you--the bruskness of the germanic languages and the "efficiency" of them is one of the things I like. Do you honestly think Spanish, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Slovak, Chinese, or French could come up with a powerful saying that sounds like it means like "FIKK DICH MIT FIRE, MUTTER FIKKER!!!!" Believe me, the english translattion is not as good either

The romantic languages lend well to the arts (french, spanish, latin, and italian operas--for example)...but is it any wonder why spain, italy, and france tend to be looked on as militarily inferior to the English and the Germans...huh...HUH???

I mean really..."Scheisse" vs. "Mierde" (and i may have those wrong). which sounds more like "S**t?" as an interjection?

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:10 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:I understand that, but I thought it would work because you're talking about BBCode and there would be a way to sort out illegal characters and combinations.

I think this forum has a heavily hacked/modified version from what it originally was. I don't think it was originally capable of half of anything it currently does, I think Dave has been hand-coding upgrades for years.

---

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:56 PM on j-body.org
English is sexy!!!!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:10 PM on j-body.org
English a mutt language...

Might be a Germanic origin, but it's not strictly Germanic... I mean about 1/3 of the language is borrowed and slurred from others, predominantly Latin.

Agustin: Yeah, I figured as much, but not sure... I utterly abhor coding.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:19 PM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Think english is hard...try the slavic languages: Word order optional *

ive always heard that the scandinavian langues were some of the hardest to learn, either way i am content with my english, few years of spanish, and ongoing lessons in german. hell....its most than most americans know...

LUTSCH MEIN SCHWANZ, MUTTER FUKKER!

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 2:04 PM on j-body.org
English is an open minded language.
We can talk about anything we want in English.

Can you guys understand that?

Spanish forums are not as open minded as English American forums.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:49 PM on j-body.org
^^^ Never been to one, not that I'd be able to understand.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:32 PM on j-body.org
English is better than Spanish

Shopping Vs Compras (Spanish)

Yahoo.com
Yahoo search "Shopping" = 2,790,000,000 Pages
Yahoo search "compras" = 50,700,000 Pages

Google.com
Google search "shopping" = 852,000,000 Pages
Google search "compras" = 151,000,000 Pages

Paper Vs Papel (spanish)
Google search "Paper" = 613,000,000 Pages
Google search "Papel" = 129,000,000 Pages

Google search "News" = 2,110,000,000 Pages
Google search "Noticias" = 308,000,000 Pages

Do Americans care more about news, paper, and shopping than Spanish People ? or is English better than Spanish?
or did I do the wrong search?
Try searching for something in Spanish that will give you more result pages than in English.

Google.com
soccer 145,000,000 Pages
futbol 78,600,000 Pages

Will go ahead and give English the Gold medal

my point is "English is better than Spanish"

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:11 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:English is an open minded language.
We can talk about anything we want in English.

Can you guys understand that?

Spanish forums are not as open minded as English American forums.

and....? you can't talk about what you want in spanish? or german? or any other language? there is a huge difference between "spanish forums" and "english american forums" and the english and spanish languages. i mean, talk about trying to compare apples and oranges!

and how does a language become "open minded" anyway?

Robby002 wrote:English is better than Spanish

Shopping Vs Compras (Spanish)
blah blah blah
a few stats on website hits
blah blah blah

Will go ahead and give English the Gold medal

my point is "English is better than Spanish"

i......i.....i cant even begin to understand the "logic" behind this. are you actually saying that because english words propagate more hits on websites that it somehow correlates to english being a better language?

do you realize that .com is a predominantly american domain extension? or that, as the language of business, many sites are in both the businesses' native tongues as well as english?

i mean honestly....what is this supposed to prove? are you actually trying to make valid points, or are you simply being facetious and playing the devil's advocate? its hard to tell online.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 6:37 PM on j-body.org
im sorry i didnt see this till now (i dotn check war forum much) but awesoem phil.

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Thursday, November 22, 2007 4:57 PM on j-body.org
Geese you guys, I step away for a bit and you've all lost your minds

English is a Latin based combo of some Germanic language and some French and Latin with some Greek on the side. It is considered Latin based overall but is not a ROMANCE language, it is the bastard step-child of Latin.

I'm pretty sure Spain would be upset if they knew you considered their language "3rd World". Spain was a "first world" country before there were any countries on this side of the Atlantic.

Latin based languages are not "romantic" they are "romance" languages, properly "Romanesque" as in from Rome. French may be romantic to some, but it is a romance language to all, weather they like it or not. Romantic language would be something complimentary etc said to a special someone in any language where a romance language would be anything said in Frenceh, Spanish, Portugese, Italian and most importantly Latin.

English is the dominant language, that does not make it better. It is dominant because it is so flexible so an argument could be made that it is better but that is subjective.

While language and culture are closely linked and open minded person can speak any language. English is not inheritly open minded, just look to the Victorian era for proof of that.

"FIKK DICH MIT FIRE, MUTTER FIKKER!!!!" Is just plain mean.. Holy crap!

PAX

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q and R were eliminated
- Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Monday, November 26, 2007 3:25 PM on j-body.org
Spain should be upset because mexico, guatemala, honduras, salvador, nicaragua, costa rica, panama, colombia, venezuela, ecuador, peru, ext... are all swamped up to their forehead with trash, drugs and corruption.
That's why they need to learn how to speak English to be able to handle and Fix the problem because Spanish seems not to be working well for them. And the Iraqi people need to learn how to speak English to be able to understand what freedom is.

Tabs)
The reason why we can not compare Spanish Vs English or any other language is because they are two different worlds.
I will give you that. That's why I believe English should be the main primary world language.

The reason why Canada does not have drug traffic problems is because they don't need to.
They speak English. and french too!! That's a bonus.

Anyway,
The Spanish population here in America is growing and where there is Spanish there is trouble.
like Salt and pepper.
read the way Phil was treated on the phone by a Spanish Speaking costumber.
is nonsensical and I'm not amazed.

Monday, November 26, 2007 6:30 PM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Spain should be upset because mexico, guatemala, honduras, salvador, nicaragua, costa rica, panama, colombia, venezuela, ecuador, peru, ext... are all swamped up to their forehead with trash, drugs and corruption.
That's why they need to learn how to speak English to be able to handle and Fix the problem because Spanish seems not to be working well for them. And the Iraqi people need to learn how to speak English to be able to understand what freedom is.

Tabs)
The reason why we can not compare Spanish Vs English or any other language is because they are two different worlds.
I will give you that. That's why I believe English should be the main primary world language.

The reason why Canada does not have drug traffic problems is because they don't need to.
They speak English. and french too!! That's a bonus.

Anyway,
The Spanish population here in America is growing and where there is Spanish there is trouble.
like Salt and pepper.
read the way Phil was treated on the phone by a Spanish Speaking costumber.
is nonsensical and I'm not amazed.
Are you a total retard, or just a particial one? You actually think that the problems those countries face is actually related in any way, shape, or form to the language they speak? That line of thinking has absolutely no basis or root in common sense. Apparently the ability to speak English hasn't done much for your logical thought processes, so I fail to see how it is gonna help anyone else.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Monday, November 26, 2007 6:59 PM on j-body.org
If every country in the world would speak English, the world would be a better place.

I honestly believe that.

Monday, November 26, 2007 7:37 PM on j-body.org
^^ Are you kidding? The Christians would go NUTS. According to the Bible, the world will again speak one language right before it ends. Read up on the Tower of Babel and Revelations.

---

Monday, November 26, 2007 10:29 PM on j-body.org
The world already does speak one language: Binary.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 11:14 AM on j-body.org
yeah im gonna go ahead and say that robby is just being facetious and jerking our chains.....

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:08 PM on j-body.org
I'm pretty sure the past 3 pages have been in "English" and maybe.....10-15% of it is coherent.

But then again, I'm not basing my linguistic ability off of search engine results . Which would have more to do with computers per capita than it does language.

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:11 PM on j-body.org
GAM (The Kilted One) wrote:The world already does speak one language: Binary.

hehe all hail GAM

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again
Tuesday, November 27, 2007 1:15 PM on j-body.org
Yes I am.
And I completely understand that I can be very annoying too
like this cartoon right here,

when I get bored I act like an idiot or maybe I am an idiot.
bottom line is, people who want to live in this country need to make the effort to learn how to speak proper English.

and here is a binary code pic

Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:01 PM on j-body.org
Well, I still have one question after all:
If the world would speak English as our first language, why would "The Christians" go nutz?

Thursday, November 29, 2007 5:17 PM on j-body.org
hahaha: Now you know why my g/f forbade me from using any german i know when i'm in Austria...not that i'd be stupid enough to try...well, with the exception of "Ja" "Nein" and the like.

Still, English does have a lot of latin-based language influence, yes, but it's roots are more from Germanic than anything else.

And really, when it comes to language, any language that can expand itself for changine names, actions, and descriptions is prety flexible--and pretty much any major language does that.

Still, you do make one really good point about the Victorian era.

Language, though, as it should be pointed out of ther long run, is not dictated by culture--it's dictated by locale and relative isolation. We can assume either English or Spanish--two languages that are spoken over a wide area. Notice how many different accents you have--in both languages? The "Culture" (or rather lack thereof) across, say, America is relatively consistant. But the language is already broken apart into accents, and may soon break into dialects, which would then go into their own separate languages. This is less driven by culture and more diven by locale. you could say the microculture of the american southwest is the same, but you can definitly tell the different accents emerging.

Same with England. Consider the typical "English" accent from, say, a Cockney or a Cornwall accent.

Thus, language is always going to be defined by locale--even if a "root" language changes, the new root will eventually morph into a new language because of locale.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search