death penalty yes or no - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: death penalty yes or no
Friday, January 11, 2008 4:07 PM on j-body.org
Death Penalty YES 100%

Anyone who kills, or rapes another person, he or she should die because they're mentally sick.

and then cremate their bodies

and then the rest of the world won't have to put up with their crap!!

and people can just live happy!!!!!

and live in peace

Death to criminals is not a problem at all.
There's good people and bad weird people in this world.

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:16 PM on j-body.org
I also believe in abortion.

Friday, January 11, 2008 4:34 PM on j-body.org
I was joking!!

Saturday, January 19, 2008 7:28 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
Tracer Bullet wrote:where the hell do you get it would cost them 40k a year to house one friggin inmate?
that is more than people that run regular lives make in a year, and inmates dont own houses or cars!
i think you got some numbers mixed up........

(tabs) wrote:and FYI....these numbers were taken from my intro to corrections criminal justice class that i took this past summer. im sure i can get the name/edition/isbn# for anyone who cares to look it up.

i also thought that was a high number at first, but i mean when you think about it i guess i can see how it could get to be expensive. for starters the government pays top dollar for most everything. then you have the cost of the prison itself and everything that goes with it divided between a few thousand prisoners. that includes hundreds of employees from security to administration (with contractors somewhere in there too), high security, health care (which is better than most regular people have), 3 meals a day for each prisoner, electricity and water that runs 24/7, etc. and in any large system like this there will be a high level of waste. all of that factors into the final number and it really does add up quickly.

http://deathpenalty.org/index.php?pid=cost&menu=1%22

Depends on the inmate and what level of security you're talking about. If you talk total cost, it's well over $40,000 (Guards, walls, facilities, upkeep, feeding/clothing/maintaining the inmate... $40K per person is pretty conservative depending on the state). The other thing you have to factor in is the cost to not only house them, but to prosecute the cases, which is usually over $200,000 per year of investigation and legal prosecution, and then you also have to consider the cost of appeals.

The reasons behind NOT executing prisoners is also well beyond financial:
Hahahaha wrote:NO, absolutely not. The above reasons plus two words.

Steven Truscott
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Truscott

Ask yourself how much your state would have been hit for in a wrongful death suit especially when it could be proved that someone was actively trying to get someone convicted that they knew was innocent.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search