Why vote Republican? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Why vote Republican?
Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:00 PM on j-body.org
I'm a registered Democrat but (my) politics are what many would call "independent."
My question to you is: why do you vote Republican? Tell me as if to convince me to vote for your party. I don't want to read because you have a personal vendetta with X-person or X-person is not "cool," you know... reasons that are irrelevant to taking care of this country. I'm looking for issues and actions at hand.
And before you answer this question, please think before typing.
So reiterate, why vote Republican?

THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT ONE.

Re: Why vote Republican?
Saturday, February 09, 2008 1:30 PM on j-body.org
This will turn into a pissing contest. Personaly I am a republican. Republicans always seem to be more oriented toward the things i want to see done or changed. Everyone has their own opinion and that will never change. However as a "republican" I do sometimes vote democrat.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:28 PM on j-body.org
why vote democrat?

im a registered republican in a predominantly democratic state. but i am definitely libertarian in my thinking.

even though the last decade or two has seen a reversal in what republicans do, they are supposed to stand for limited government and more economic freedom.

i side much more with that than what democrats usually do, which is big government and bleeding-heart liberals.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 3:40 PM on j-body.org
Last 3-4 decades lest you forget Nixon helped create the oil crisis.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:44 PM on j-body.org
Why vote based on a party?

Vote the issues, not the party.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 7:55 PM on j-body.org
Emor8t wrote:Why vote based on a party?

x10000000000000000000000000000001

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:32 PM on j-body.org
I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, elimination of entitlement programs, I'm pro-life, pro-second amendment, and I believe that our constitution states that the U.S. has "freedom of religion" not "freedom from religion". That's why I vote Republican.

Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:54 PM on j-body.org
I smell a trap GAM...no Admiral Akbar for this thread?

Someone is sure going to be disappointed of people don't start listing praise-worthy issues of the republicans, because that would deny him the opportunity to systematically shoot down every idea with his pre-planned answers.

Honestly, does anyone think this guy is actually considering voting republican? You could get your argument started quicker and accomplish more by saying that your dik is bigger than they next guy's.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:26 PM on j-body.org
i will probably vote for Obama if he is the dem nominee because i side with him on more issues than the other 2 major candidates
and if its clinton and mccain, i may have to go with clinton, because i differ with mccain so much

Sunday, February 10, 2008 9:27 AM on j-body.org
ScottaWhite wrote:

Honestly, does anyone think this guy is actually considering voting republican? You could get your argument started quicker and accomplish more by saying that your dik is bigger than they next guy's.

Just because an open mind is not YOUR virtue, doesn't mean that everyone else is the same.

Carry on.

Sunday, February 10, 2008 11:24 AM on j-body.org
I agree w/ their views on more issues plus I like getting raises.

05 M6 YJ GTO 1 of 447 12.523@111.30

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:17 PM on j-body.org
It seems more and more lately that people base their political views on religion which i feel is not right .
lets remember seperation of church and state people
making rules based on religious views is ridiculous and irresponsible
i.e. gay marriage bans,,,, banning gay marriage will not stop people from being gay so why bother? if you are a preacher and do not support gay marriage, dont let them marry in your church simple as thatm, why waste time in congress debating this

i support universal healthcare, im against the war. im pro union, pro choice
I differ from republican financial views, i believe higher incomes should be taxed higher than the lower and middle class, if i make it, i can spare it.

Guess that makes me one of those "bleeding heart liberals" but im proud of it

hop on in i've got a J

Sunday, February 10, 2008 4:37 PM on j-body.org
if you less than 75,000 a year and vote republican your an idiot

if you make more than 75,000 and vote democrat your an idiot

there ive spelled it out for you

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Sunday, February 10, 2008 5:52 PM on j-body.org
Rodimus Prime wrote:if you less than 75,000 a year and vote republican your an idiot

and youre an idiot if you think money is the only factor in determining the best political candidate to vote for

Sunday, February 10, 2008 6:18 PM on j-body.org
its not the only by any means, he was just making a point, thats a large reason why i dont vote republican

hop on in i've got a J

Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:30 PM on j-body.org
It seems more and more lately that people base their political views on religion which i feel is not right .

Which Amendment is that one?

Actually fewer and fewer people base their decisions on religion. In case you haven't noticed, people aren't packing out the pews everywhere.

And if someone has political views based on their religious beliefs, then that is their right to do so. It might rub your fir the wrong way, but it is still just as much their right as it for the majority of S. Carolina to vote the reason they did.

Sep of church and state was not an idea conceived to keep people's religion out of government. It was designed to prevent a state run church, such as the church of england. (remember the puritans/ pilgrims etc) Actually you probably have heard that the whiteman pilgrims just came over here to steal the corn and rape pochahontas. That's public ejumacation for you.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Monday, February 11, 2008 1:34 AM on j-body.org
Casey Schaaf wrote:It seems more and more lately that people base their political views on religion which i feel is not right .
i.e. gay marriage bans,,,, banning gay marriage will not stop people from being gay so why bother? if you are a preacher and do not support gay marriage, dont let them marry in your church simple as thatm, why waste time in congress debating this

a religion is a system of beliefs or a way of living. why would a person ever feel the need to separate politics out of that? if someone believes something, then they should support that and want others to support it also. if someone thinks a certain way is the correct way to live, then they have every right to make that the standard way of living. if enough people agree with that person, then thats when it becomes the standard.

a religious view should have no less value than anything that you base your decisions on.

Tracer Bullet wrote:
Rodimus Prime wrote:if you less than 75,000 a year and vote republican your an idiot

and youre an idiot if you think money is the only factor in determining the best political candidate to vote for

x100000000

how can you seriously even think that simple income should affect your vote? have you been conditioned to believe that "republican" = rich people? or that "democrat" = poor people? do yourself a favor and read up on this stuff a little before you post dumb @!#$ like that. seriously.

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:11 AM on j-body.org
Congrats, Tabs. your explaination there just justified ALL religious terrorism.

Until these religious people can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their perspective on the universe is correct for eveyone, and stop relying on the old Santa Clause-esque "Be good and do what we say or you'l get a lump of coal in your stocking", then they have no right to try and legislate their religion for everyone.

Remember, we're not a theocracy.

However, in your defense, voting for or siding with policy that happens to align with what you believe (i.e. Catholics siding with pro-life agenda) is fine...but everyone who doesn't agree with you hs the right to side against you, hink your a crackpot, and side with agendas that you feel distasteful and hich personally attack your belief system.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Monday, February 11, 2008 4:20 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Congrats, Tabs. your explaination there just justified ALL religious terrorism. Remember, we're not a theocracy.

hardly did i justify religious terrorism. that would imply a person or group of people were breaking laws and using terroristic tactics to get their way. what i was trying to say is that people have a right to vote based on their own beliefs. trying to make people vote with no emphasis on religion (i.e. their belief system) makes no sense at all. it would be like telling a non-religious person they had to vote based on beliefs they dont hold.

im not saying we should live in a theocracy by any means. but people who have a certain belief have every right to make that belief a reality, just as people with competing beliefs have the same right to make their own a reality. and furthermore, a person should be able to vote for ANY thing for ANY reason. why condemn a religion-based decision but say its ok to vote based on monetary policy? explain the difference. they are both systems of beliefs.

people seem to get hung up that politics and religion don't mix, but just the opposite is true. do not kill, do not lie, do not steal. where do you think those came from? they are foundations of every major religion and have been turned into the foundations of every nation's laws. so just because an idea is found in a certain religion doesnt make it bad or shallow or misguided.

Quote:

Until these religious people can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their perspective on the universe is correct for eveyone.....then they have no right to try and legislate their religion for everyone.

no one can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt ANYTHING in regards to this. I cant prove God's existence and you cant prove the FSM's or anything else's existence (or lack thereof). all we can do is work to support our own beliefs--and dont keep thinking of a belief solely as a religious one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, February 11, 2008 4:33 AM

Monday, February 11, 2008 9:55 AM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
Casey Schaaf wrote:It seems more and more lately that people base their political views on religion which i feel is not right .

a religion is a system of beliefs or a way of living. why would a person ever feel the need to separate politics out of that? if someone believes something, then they should support that and want others to support it also. if someone thinks a certain way is the correct way to live, then they have every right to make that the standard way of living. if enough people agree with that person, then thats when it becomes the standard.

a religious view should have no less value than anything that you base your decisions on.

It (SHOULD) not, as it is irrelevant when it comes to governing a country/state/city. But for the last 8 years, religious folks has sided republican thinking that the party is in touch with their belief. In practice the party has not been "Christian" in many ways, well except what comes out of the politician's mouth. Actions speak louder then words.
So why vote Republican?

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:29 AM on j-body.org

I differ from republican financial views, i believe higher incomes should be taxed higher than the lower and middle class, if i make it, i can spare it.

Hippie!!!

Monday, February 11, 2008 10:50 AM on j-body.org
Crap, build a time machine and tell the Fore-Fathers to change everything. That they didn't found this country on Christian beliefs.....

Monday, February 11, 2008 12:59 PM on j-body.org
[quote

Why vote Republican? - War Forum
WARNING: You may and probably will be offended by what people have to say here! This is an opinion/debate forum, but please note, all the rules still apply here.
New Topic Go To Top Search Options Rules Help
Previous Message Next Message

Why vote Republican? Quote Reply

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T.
Saturday, February 09, 2008 2:00 PM

I'm a registered Democrat but (my) politics are what many would call "independent."
My question to you is: why do you vote Republican? Tell me as if to convince me to vote for your party. I don't want to read because you have a personal vendetta with X-person or X-person is not "cool," you know... reasons that are irrelevant to taking care of this country. I'm looking for issues and actions at hand.
And before you answer this question, please think before typing.
So reiterate, why vote Republican?

----------Informing the JBO since 11/99----------

"If you don't stand for something, you might fall for anything"

Re: Why vote Republican? Quote Reply

mitdr774
Saturday, February 09, 2008 3:30 PM

This will turn into a pissing contest. Personaly I am a republican. Republicans always seem to be more oriented toward the things i want to see done or changed. Everyone has their own opinion and that will never change. However as a "republican" I do sometimes vote democrat.

(tabs)
Saturday, February 09, 2008 4:28 PM

why vote democrat?

im a registered republican in a predominantly democratic state. but i am definitely libertarian in my thinking.

even though the last decade or two has seen a reversal in what republicans do, they are supposed to stand for limited government and more economic freedom.

i side much more with that than what democrats usually do, which is big government and bleeding-heart liberals.

coming back in 2008...

GAM (The Kilted One)
Saturday, February 09, 2008 5:40 PM

Last 3-4 decades lest you forget Nixon helped create the oil crisis.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Emor8t
Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:44 PM

John W(Ranger1316)
Saturday, February 09, 2008 9:55 PM

Emor8t wrote:

x10000000000000000000000000000001

I'd like to think I don't procrast...Ah, I'll finish this up later

zero
Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:32 PM

I believe in smaller government, lower taxes, elimination of entitlement programs, I'm pro-life, pro-second amendment, and I believe that our constitution states that the U.S. has "freedom of religion" not "freedom from religion". That's why I vote Republican.

ScottaWhite
Saturday, February 09, 2008 11:54 PM

I smell a trap GAM...no Admiral Akbar for this thread?

Someone is sure going to be disappointed of people don't start listing praise-worthy issues of the republicans, because that would deny him the opportunity to systematically shoot down every idea with his pre-planned answers.

"It's just the internet folks"
"And on the internet,
your feelings mean squat."

Tracer Bullet
Yesterday 1:26 AM

i will probably vote for Obama if he is the dem nominee because i side with him on more issues than the other 2 major candidates
and if its clinton and mccain, i may have to go with clinton, because i differ with mccain so much

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T.
Yesterday 11:27 AM

ScottaWhite wrote:

Just because an open mind is not YOUR virtue, doesn't mean that everyone else is the same.

Carry on.

Sappy96
Yesterday 1:24 PM

I agree w/ their views on more issues plus I like getting raises.

Casey Schaaf Online
Yesterday 6:17 PM

hop on in i've got a J

Rodimus Prime
Yesterday 6:37 PM

http://www.sinisterimages.com Live Wire Rules!!!!
2004 J-Bash Summer Series Winner
BTW I drive a Cobalt SS now.....

Tracer Bullet
Yesterday 7:52 PM

Rodimus Prime wrote:

Casey Schaaf Online
Yesterday 8:18 PM

its not the only by any means, he was just making a point, thats a large reason why i dont vote republican

hop on in i've got a J

ScottaWhite
Yesterday 9:30 PM

Which Amendment is that one?

Actually fewer and fewer people base their decisions on religion. In case you haven't noticed, people aren't packing out the pews everywhere.

And if someone has political views based on their religious beliefs, then that is their right to do so. It might rub your fir the wrong way, but it is still just as much their right as it for the majority of S. Carolina to vote the reason they did.

Sep of church and state was not an idea conceived to keep people's religion out of government. It was designed to prevent a state run church, such as the church of england. (remember the puritans/ pilgrims etc) Actually you probably have heard that the whiteman pilgrims just came over here to steal the corn and rape pochahontas. That's public ejumacation for you.

"It's just the internet folks"
"And on the internet,
your feelings mean squat."

(tabs)
Today 3:34 AM

Casey Schaaf wrote:

Tracer Bullet wrote:

Rodimus Prime wrote:

x100000000

how can you seriously even think that simple income should affect your vote? have you been conditioned to believe that "republican" = rich people? or that "democrat" = poor people? do yourself a favor and read up on this stuff a little before you post dumb @!#$ like that. seriously.

coming back in 2008...

Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)
Today 4:11 AM

Congrats, Tabs. your explaination there just justified ALL religious terrorism.

Until these religious people can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their perspective on the universe is correct for eveyone, and stop relying on the old Santa Clause-esque "Be good and do what we say or you'l get a lump of coal in your stocking", then they have no right to try and legislate their religion for everyone.

Remember, we're not a theocracy.

However, in your defense, voting for or siding with policy that happens to align with what you believe (i.e. Catholics siding with pro-life agenda) is fine...but everyone who doesn't agree with you hs the right to side against you, hink your a crackpot, and side with agendas that you feel distasteful and hich personally attack your belief system.

Goodbye Callisto, Hello Skađi:
2008 Pontiac G6 GXP Street Edition Coupe
Your forefathers may have fought and died for your rights, but unless you yourself are willing to fight
and die for your rights against all comers, Including the government itself, you'll lose them.

(tabs)
Today 6:20 AM

Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca) wrote:

Congrats, Tabs. your explaination there just justified ALL religious terrorism. Remember, we're not a theocracy.

hardly did i justify religious terrorism. that would imply a person or group of people were breaking laws and using terroristic tactics to get their way. what i was trying to say is that people have a right to vote based on their own beliefs. trying to make people vote with no emphasis on religion (i.e. their belief system) makes no sense at all. it would be like telling a non-religious person they had to vote based on beliefs they dont hold.

im not saying we should live in a theocracy by any means. but people who have a certain belief have every right to make that belief a reality, just as people with competing beliefs have the same right to make their own a reality. and furthermore, a person should be able to vote for ANY thing for ANY reason. why condemn a religion-based decision but say its ok to vote based on monetary policy? explain the difference. they are both systems of beliefs.

people seem to get hung up that politics and religion don't mix, but just the opposite is true. do not kill, do not lie, do not steal. where do you think those came from? they are foundations of every major religion and have been turned into the foundations of every nation's laws. so just because an idea is found in a certain religion doesnt make it bad or shallow or misguided.

Quote:

Until these religious people can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their perspective on the universe is correct for eveyone.....then they have no right to try and legislate their religion for everyone.

no one can prove beyond a shadow of a doubt ANYTHING in regards to this. I cant prove God's existence and you cant prove the FSM's or anything else's existence (or lack thereof). all we can do is work to support our own beliefs--and dont keep thinking of a belief solely as a religious one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Today 6:33 AM

coming back in 2008...

Mr.Goodwrench-G.T.
Today 11:55 AM

(tabs) wrote:

Casey Schaaf wrote:

It (SHOULD) not, as it is irrelevant when it comes to governing a country/state/city. But for the last 8 years, religious folks has sided republican thinking that the party is in touch with their belief. In practice the party has not been "Christian" in many ways, well except what comes out of the politician's mouth. Actions speak louder then words.
So why vote Republican?

zero
Today 12:29 PM

Casey Schaaf wrote:

Hippie!!!

]

hop on in i've got a J

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:30 PM on j-body.org
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:It (SHOULD) not, as it is irrelevant when it comes to governing a country/state/city. But for the last 8 years, religious folks has sided republican thinking that the party is in touch with their belief. In practice the party has not been "Christian" in many ways, well except what comes out of the politician's mouth. Actions speak louder then words.
So why vote Republican?

and what do you think IS a good reason to base your vote on, then? again a religion is a set of beliefs.....so how can you say its ok to vote based one set of beliefs (such as voting for a candidate that is for tort reform) but not on your belief that, say, abortion is wrong? where is the defining line?

and casey schaaf: what the hell was that post???

Monday, February 11, 2008 8:05 PM on j-body.org
(tabs) wrote:
Mr.Goodwrench-G.T. wrote:It (SHOULD) not, as it is irrelevant when it comes to governing a country/state/city. But for the last 8 years, religious folks has sided republican thinking that the party is in touch with their belief. In practice the party has not been "Christian" in many ways, well except what comes out of the politician's mouth. Actions speak louder then words.
So why vote Republican?

and what do you think IS a good reason to base your vote on, then? again a religion is a set of beliefs.....so how can you say its ok to vote based one set of beliefs (such as voting for a candidate that is for tort reform) but not on your belief that, say, abortion is wrong? where is the defining line?

and casey schaaf: what the hell was that post???

Base your vote by Parties' actions, history, and possible future plan, not "what god told me." So much happens because people don't know/learn history, so history repeats itself. Staying informed and learning your past makes a better voter if you will.

By voting on faith based, you're subjecting to just that... (ONE) faith. You are not representing the country as whole, because your faith dictates what is right or wrong to what others considers wrong or right and extreme. You can't be doing that on a nation made by immigrants from all around the world with different religions, cultures, races, beliefs.

People should vote on issues at hand, not what your pastor, father or rabbi told you over the weekend. Could people really be that lazy or ignorant or worse...both?
Remove religion and you don't have to worry about conforming to all and makes a better representative.

Sappy96 wrote:Crap, build a time machine and tell the Fore-Fathers to change everything. That they didn't found this country on Christian beliefs.....

Our fore-fathers left England to not live under Crown's rule and religious persecution. Yes, our initial laws were based on what is called "common laws," I would say "common sense laws." No stealing, murdering, etc.
But by late 19th century and 20th, the bible has been playing a stronger influence, by ways of the anthem and money we see.
I personally have no problem with that. But I do have a tremendous problem when government sends tax money to fund a religious establishment.

---
Why vote Republican?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search