Obama / Hllary's First 4 Years. - Page 2 - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Obama / Hllary's First 4 Years.
Saturday, June 14, 2008 9:48 PM on j-body.org
Bad Ace Design wrote:
BOOSTED / JMdecals.com! wrote:well i don't like obama because he doesn't even respect the pledge to the allegiance, he turns his back and slouches, how dare someone of that nature be allowed to run the country. oh'bomb'uhhhhhh FTL

You shouldn't believe everything you read in chain email.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/

Sunday, June 15, 2008 7:02 PM on j-body.org
misinformation and misconception are rampant everywhere
my dad doesnt really like any candidates but he was gonna vote for mccain simply because obama was "muslim"
i had to inform him that he isnt, not sure if it got through but this is what we have to deal with in america and in politics
its plain ridiculous

Monday, June 16, 2008 11:10 AM on j-body.org
Since the dumbass populace won't get rid of partisan politics (don't worry, this applies to EVERY nation), I'm just hoping whoever wins the presidency, the other pary wins congress. That way nothing happens. We've seen that governments can do much less damage when there's brutal infighting.

Goodbye Callisto & Skađi, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:41 AM on j-body.org
[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Since the dumbass populace won't get rid of partisan politics (don't worry, this applies to EVERY nation), I'm just hoping whoever wins the presidency, the other pary wins congress. That way nothing happens. We've seen that governments can do much less damage when there's brutal infighting.

thats kinda my fear if a democrat wins the presidency. worried that they will have free reign to just write any law or bill or anything they want. would pretty much kill allot of the checks and balances.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Wednesday, June 18, 2008 2:27 PM on j-body.org
^^^Remember, the same happened in the beginning of the bush regime.

It's not just the democrats that can/will do this.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:08 PM on j-body.org
^^^^
True, but a lot of the democratic programs usually cost more in terms of tax dollars, (Yes, I know war is expensive...but thats and exception not the rule) and thats not a slant against them. Universal Health care would be expensive and a little challenging to implement.

I like McCain, mainly because I don't care for Obama's policies or opinions, and to be totally honest, I really don't like how he has exploded in popularity and how most people are just jumping on the "yes we can" band wagon, and not looking at policies because everyone is all "WE HATE BUSH" and all that jazz. It kind of makes me sick when I was told by my fiance, that at the dem. caucus here in Mankato, 25 out of the 30 people in the section that they were in, did not know how to spell Barack Obama's name.

I think mccain has the best policies...but thats me and my opinion

Saturday, July 05, 2008 4:34 PM on j-body.org
Smus now with LS1 wrote:^^^^
True, but a lot of the democratic programs usually cost more in terms of tax dollars, (Yes, I know war is expensive...but thats and exception not the rule) and thats not a slant against them. Universal Health care would be expensive and a little challenging to implement.
Incorrectness...

Even without the Iraq war, Bush and the Republican dominated legislated branch where majorly outspending this nation. I mean the spending got so bad that Liberals are complaining about reckless spending... You know its gotten way out of hand. This was pre-Iraq. The reason is that a Republican president doesn't cut Republican spending items. When Republicans controlled everything, budget committees became nothing more than a "good 'ol boys" club and pork prevails. That brings us to what KOTL said -

[quote=Keeper Of The Light™ (Strazca)]Since the dumbass populace won't get rid of partisan politics (don't worry, this applies to EVERY nation), I'm just hoping whoever wins the presidency, the other party wins congress. That way nothing happens. We've seen that governments can do much less damage when there's brutal infighting.This idea is why the Clinton presidency managed a balanced budget. Not all the credit should go to Clinton. Between having a Democrat as president and a Republican congress, EVERY budget item was scrutinized, fought over, negotiations occurred and only the important things made it past the chopping block.

Fast forward to Bush, and Republicans control everything, every Republican-sponsored spending item is passed including ton's of unnecessary subsidies to corporations that just don't need them. Remember how long Bush went without using that line-item-veto(or even the standard veto) that Clinton won? In terms of reckless spending, Bush has been worse than any previous president, even worse than any Liberal president ever.

Everyone tries to pretend that the Democrats 06 sweep of Congress was about the Iraq war, but in fact it was about the congressional Republican's failure to govern according to traditional Republican values like limited government and limited spending. There is a reason these guys are called "NEO-CONS." They are actually pretty far removed from their traditional Republican base.

As far as Democrats dominating everything, I really don't want that either. One party with too much power(or any unchecked power) is the most fertile soil for incompetence and corruption to grow in.

I've never heard of this "part throttle" before. Does it just bolt on?
Monday, July 07, 2008 8:19 AM on j-body.org
You got the point, though, Bastard. In a nutshell, Politicians have much less of an opportunity to dick the public when they're busy fighting amongst themselves--be it taxes, needless wars, or suspension of the bill of rights.

2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search