Is anyone else concerned about the direction our country/world is heading? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Is anyone else concerned about the direction our country/world is heading?
Thursday, February 21, 2008 4:50 AM on j-body.org
The fact that our country is following roughly the same path that Rome did before it fell, the fact that Real ID's with tracer chips look like they will become a reality, the fact that we have both a woman, and a black muslim running for the presidency, the war in the middle east, immigration issues, not to mention all of this national security act / big brother crap.

There seems to be a lot of things that we as Americans need to be paying attention to and questioning but we are not. (Not to leave you canadian guys out... all of this will effect you too... even if it takes a little longer)

I'm not very educated on some of the above things I mentioned, and I plan on fixing that.... I've been trying to find books and other relliable sources that I can reference and learn from..... I just cant believe that people are soo stupid that they cant see whats happening right in fornt of thier eyes...

Eventually... the governement is going to control everything we say and do... know where we are and what we are doing 100% of the time... and our Country is going to fall apart, or drastically change to a point that we have another civil war.....

As for the black muslim (Obamma) running for president thing..... I don't have any problems personally with the fact thats he's black... or even muslim for that matter (although if his religion effects any of his descisions if he becomes president I will)...... But I can't help to think that if he where to become president... the fact that he's black and a muslim would piss off some redneck hillbilly with a high powered rifle enough that we'd have another assasination on our hands.

This Real ID crap just scared the crap out of me... I don't even like having the correct address on my drivers liscense, or a ssn.... let alone being traced by sattelites.

The fall of Rome thing (from my understanding) happened largely from the fact the they where :taken over from the inside" wich is happening to us, and history as tought us that every superpwerd has fallen.... they just become to unstable...

I mainly brought this up to see how many other people are paranoid like me, and if anyone is concered about this..... or maybe an educated person could point me in the right direction for me to research some of this stuff. (Hey GAM )

Go ahead and post your thoughts... let me know what you think about our world today and where it's going to end up.

Re: Is anyone else concerned about the direction our country/world is heading?
Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:54 AM on j-body.org
You allude to, "Fall of the Human Race" like it's a bad thing.

Goodbye Callisto & Skaši, Hello Ishara:
2022 Kia Stinger GT2 AWD
The only thing every single person from every single walk of life on earth can truly say
they have in common is that their country is run by a bunch of fargin iceholes.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:01 AM on j-body.org
Obama isn't a Muslim.

Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:06 AM on j-body.org
I stopped reading at the woman and black muslim part.

---

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:07 AM on j-body.org
If I may intrude with a little bit of history...

The Roman Empire never "fell" exactly. Falling indicates a massive failure in the system of government. That's not what happened. Basically, it became too big to govern and In circa 395 it was divided up into the Western and Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire after the death of Theodosius. He gave one half to each of his sons. Both empires, at this time, were exactly the same. It would have been like saying North Dakota and South Dakota were different. Now the Western Roman Empire kicked the bucket more or less in 476 when Romulus Augustus, the last Emperor of the Western Roman Empire was deposed by Germanic tribes, but the Byzantine Empire lasted until the fall of Constantinople in 1453! The Western Empire lasted 500 years, the Eastern Empire lasted 1100 years.

And if you count the Roman Republic (from which the Roman Empire was born out of after a series of civil wars) Then you're adding another 500 years to those dates above since the Republic lasted from 500 BC to around 27 BC. Oh... and Roman Republic was of course founded by the Roman Kingdom, and that lasted from 753 BC to 510 BC and not including the Kingdom would be like saying that the settlers on Plymouth Rock had nothing to do with the founding and values and culture and ideas of America. So technically you could add 750 years to those dates.

And after that you have the Holy Roman Empire, which more or less was founded on the concepts and idealogies of the old Western Roman Empire by the very Germanic tribes that destroyed it 500 years previous, but become immersed in the very culture they tried to destroy. Well, THAT lasted from 962 to 1806.

So, culturally speaking, the Romans lasted, all told, nearly 2206 years! And their legacy survived until 1806, more than 2,500 years after it's beginning.

Yes, they changed over time into something unrecognizable to someone looking at the early Empire in the days of Jesus. But come on! When something lasts for that long it's bound to transform so much that nothing but the name remains.

The fact is, once your country/union/empire passes the 150 year mark it's bound to be so significantly different from what it was, that it might as well not be the same place to begin with. Think about it for a minute, would Americans from 1858 recognize the United States as it is today? Even the most liberal person back then would be flabbergasted at what they'd see and think the place had been invaded or something.

The Roman Empire never fell, time just marched right on over it. Technically speaking it still exists. It became what everyone knows as "The West". Namely, us.

So to answer your question. No, I'm not worried. America will always be because it's more than land and laws and borders, it's an idea and you can't kill an idea.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:37 PM on j-body.org
zero wrote:Obama isn't a Muslim.

TRUTH HE IS MORE OF A BLACK SUPREMISIST! He was until he announced his run for president going to a black ONLY church. That has to be good for race relations right? What do you think would happen if a white guy did that?

FORGET GIRLS GONE WILD WE HAVE GOVERNMENT SPENDING GONE WILD!

Thursday, February 21, 2008 12:48 PM on j-body.org
Obama's black? He looks pretty pale to me.
Thursday, February 21, 2008 1:52 PM on j-body.org
this post further cements the fact that people are intolerant of a non-white or non-male president
its a @!#$ shame really, because at this stage you would think people would get over themselves and their differences to other people and just choose the best damn candidate
our country will not fall or anything absurd like that
your panic is just that, panic
and thats it
this country has adapted to far worse, and will continue to do so because it is so diverse and ideas are plentiful

Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:16 PM on j-body.org
As a Canadian I don't wish to intrude upon your opinions of your own government but I think it says a lot about the progress our societies are making.Soon we will no longer see a Black man & a woman but 2 people!! A few years ago we would never have thought the Black man,woman for president idea.

We here in Canada already had the woman thing,Kim Campbell but that went down in flames as most of our male leaders have!.Now Britain had Margaret Thatcher and she was awsome(unless you lived in Argentina!!)

So I say Kudo's to you YANKS,welcome to the 21st century!
Thursday, February 21, 2008 2:35 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:

TRUTH HE IS MORE OF A BLACK SUPREMISIST! He was until he announced his run for president going to a black ONLY church. That has to be good for race relations right? What do you think would happen if a white guy did that?

WTF? Prove it.

---

Thursday, February 21, 2008 5:26 PM on j-body.org
I really do not care what church he goes to
This is what really matters
Abortion
Budget/Economy
Civil Rights
Corporations
Crime
Drugs
Education
Energy/Oil
Environment
Families/Children
Foreign Policy
Free Trade
Govt. Reform
Gun Control
Health Care
Homeland Security
Immigration
Infrastructure/Technology
Jobs
Principles/Values
Social Security
Tax Reform
War/Iraq/Mideast
Welfare/Poverty

and the link
CLICK

Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:19 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:
Wade Jarvis wrote:

WTF? Prove it.

WTF do you want me to do to prove it? It is a widely known fact. You think I would come in here and open my mouth if I could not back up my claims. You just prove my point that people support him without knowing anything about him. Sean Hanity has interviewed the reverand about it. I can't think of the reverands name or the church at the moment though.

So much for him being the guy that can bring everyone together. Going to a church like that is a step in the wrong direction ending racism.

Are you aware of how many times it was thrown in Romneys face that he is a mormon and that african americans were not allowed in his church until the 70's I think it was. Despite the fact that his father was one of the key people who pushed for allowing everyone in despite race.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Thursday, February 21, 2008 7:20 PM

Thursday, February 21, 2008 8:49 PM on j-body.org
Weebel this is the dumbest post i have read in a long time, i honestly wish i would not have read it,,,,
you start out with a few ignorant comments to which you admittedly know little about and then procede to sound like a conspiracy theorist... not everyones out to get you, lay off the shrooms man
and obama is not a muslim, how do you not know that? do you live under a freakin rock?
follow issues in politics, not the names and faces

hop on in i've got a J

Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:38 PM on j-body.org
Like I said... I am UNEDUCATED... and am looking for ways to learn more about these particular issues and subjects.... I was kinda wondering if anyone that knows a lot about this stuff could point me in the right direction so I can learn more....

I didn't mean to piss anyone off with the black and female presidential candidate thing...... all I meant was that there are still a lot of racist and sexist people in the world.... and I'm willing to bet they make up a large enough percent of the population that neither of them have a chance.... and if for some reason one of them won... a large group of people would have a serious problem with it..... I never said I was one of those people... I'm not.

You do have to admit that there is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the US all at one time at the moment.... a few years ago... no one seriously thought a woman or a black person would seriously run for president in our life times.... and now we have both at once. I personally only care about how they would run the country..... not what ever sex or race they happen to be.... I know as good as anyone that you should judge someone on who they are.. and not the color of their skin or what reproductive organs they have.... my point was that most people can't look past those things. As far a wade saying Obama was somewhat of a black supremacist.. IDK......... but I'm willing to bet those particular factions of people are all voting for him and donating to his fund.

Personally.... I plan on voting for who ever says they won't take any more of our freedoms away, is for the ownership of firearms, and won't pass any ridiculously restrictive new laws..

As far as Obama being Muslim or not...... that's what I've always been told... if he isn't well I stand corrected... but if he's not.... than what is he. I'm not an expert... but I do know a little bit about Muslims because I work with a crap load of them (mostly Somalian)...... it has it's good and bad parts like pretty much every other religion on the planet. Muslim actually steams from Christianity and Judaism .... they recognize those religions and don't really have a problem with them... they just worship another figure (sadly who's name I can't remember at the moment) ... if anyone had ever wondered why Muslim women wear robes (or the "curtain" like dresses) it steams way back too the days of the virgin Mary..... It was common for women to dress that way back then (the virgin Mary is dressed that way in every painting you see of her) and that's just a tradition they kept alive. I never said that being Muslim was necessarily a bad thing... I just meant that most American are intolerant of the religion and don't like it... which again would sway a lot of voters and piss off crazy rednecks who think every Muslim is some sort of extremist trying to take over our country...... people are stupid... and you have to figure that in.

As far as our freedoms being taken away... and the government watching everything we do... well that's a little less objectionable.... we already have the national security act with has given our government way more power over us than they are supposed to have.... and the fact that Real ID's are being pushed so hard (supposedly the bill already past, and they will start being issued later this year) that it's pretty much a given that we will have to start carrying them.. For those that don't know... a Real ID is a nation wide (one nation... one ID) designed to replace all other state id's.. they will have ALL of our personal information in them, and will be traceable where ever we go... it's just another step towards forcing us all to have chips in our arms.... basically another way to watch and control us... eventually everything will be on these chips... we wont have credit cards or cash anymore, and we will need them to function in daily life.... and if you step out if line... they turn your chip off.... do some research in the Real ID and RF Chips and you'll see some of what I'm talking about...

Personally I don't want that..... there are also a lot of religious people that think this is "the sign of the devil" which marks the end of days (which I personally don't believe) but it will still cause an uprising... If you don't bear the mark... you will be outed..... sounds familiar.

People can even be thrown in jail just for saying "I'm going to kick your ass" to someone because its a "terroristic threat".... wtf is up with that.... they keep throwing around that term likes it's the hot new slang..... It's not a terroristic threat...... our government is just using 911 as an accuse to suppress us.... and if you can't see that your blind..

I'm not saying that the whole world is out to get us, I'm not throwing out conspiracy theories, and I'm not freaking out or overly paranoid....... I just can't help but to notice what I'm seeing and really stop and think about where it's headed...... these are things that everyone should at least be aware of and have in the back of their head.

Also.... I always hated the saying "not everyone is out to get you"...... well everyone sure as hell isn't out to help you...... in actuality... most people don't even recognize you existence..... but as a people as a whole..... there ARE more people and groups out there trying control us than there are trying to aid us...

Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt of course..... I'm not some crazy like I might sound.... but these things are going on.... and I really do think that we as a people should be aware and educated as much as possible on them to things don't just happen behind our back and pop up one day without any of us seeing it coming...... which is why (Like I said before) I want to better educate myself about these things.... because false information is worse than no information...

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:20 AM on j-body.org
The idea that Obama is a black supremecist is ridiculous. "It is a widely known fact..."? TO WHO? Because he goes to a black only church? THERE'S TONS OF WHITE ONLY CHURCHES. My church is white only. That doesn't make me a white supremecist, it just means that no black guys have gone there yet. Not to mention that there's still tons of black churches out there that aren't regularly attended by whites simply because it's a weird form of Baptist belief and it's not their denomination, not because the black people don't want em there.

Also he can't be a Muslim if he goes to CHURCH. Muslims go to a mosque.

In any case, he's an Ivy league educated RICH guy. He's not a homey from the streets. His dad was from Kenya and his mom is from Wichita. Hardly "Mr Pure Blood Supremacist", Right there he can't join any kind of black supremacy organization because of his white devil blood. No more than he could join the KKK just because his mom is from their area. Like any bunch of fundementalist racist pricks, they don't like half-breeds. One drop of the wrong blood is enough to make you the wrong race.

See what I did there? I backed up my arguments with facts and logic. It's important when stating a case. Don't think I'm right? PROVE me wrong.

Oh, and not everyone likes him:

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/la-oe-ehrenstein19mar19,0,5335087.story
http://www.star-telegram.com/667/story/486413.html
Friday, February 22, 2008 5:36 AM on j-body.org
You are so ignorant. It is not that no white people have gone their it is that they do not allow white people. Big difference. And if itnis no big deal How come he chaged churches 2 days before anouncing his run for president.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 22, 2008 5:38 AM

Friday, February 22, 2008 7:40 AM on j-body.org
Tracer Bullet wrote:this post further cements the fact that people are intolerant of a non-white or non-male president
its a @!#$ shame really, because at this stage you would think people would get over themselves and their differences to other people and just choose the best damn candidate

with that statement you're basically saying anyone who wouldnt vote for Obama or Clinton are intolerant/ignorant. I personally have no quams with one of them getting into office if they are so voted by the people. but that doesnt mean I would vote for either of them. IMO neither one is the best candidate....and neither is what we have as an option on the other side. but just cus i wouldnt vote for them because of my beliefs, that makes me intolerant or ignorant?

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:49 AM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
WTF do you want me to do to prove it? It is a widely known fact. You think I would come in here and open my mouth if I could not back up my claims. You just prove my point that people support him without knowing anything about him. Sean Hanity has interviewed the reverand about it. I can't think of the reverands name or the church at the moment though.

So much for him being the guy that can bring everyone together. Going to a church like that is a step in the wrong direction ending racism.

Are you aware of how many times it was thrown in Romneys face that he is a mormon and that african americans were not allowed in his church until the 70's I think it was. Despite the fact that his father was one of the key people who pushed for allowing everyone in despite race.

Yes, prove it. Use The Google and show me something. Because, I used it, and it's a pretty easy statement to rebute. So show us so we can make u look the fool with responses. Please.

Thanks.

---

Friday, February 22, 2008 9:59 AM on j-body.org

whatever he is...why would you want a guy like this for president...wont even say the pledge or put his hand over his heart.

Friday, February 22, 2008 10:18 AM on j-body.org
OMG man. He was misunderstanding protocol. Why are you guys so ignorant? Where you getting your information??!?

Barack Obama Refused To Say Pledge of Allegiance? Someone Lied To You

You guys are ridiculously gullible. I'm glad I'm not like you guys, or I'd be going around say "McCain had an affair!! OMG LOLZ!!"

---

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:25 AM on j-body.org
^^^gee, that website isnt pro-Obama at all

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:31 PM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN

I do not know what you do not beleive about this. Call Sean Hanity and ask him afterall he interveiwed the guy.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 22, 2008 12:39 PM

Friday, February 22, 2008 12:56 PM on j-body.org
97&04cfcavy(now just 04) wrote:

whatever he is...why would you want a guy like this for president...wont even say the pledge or put his hand over his heart.

That does not bother me much. There have been plenty of times when the national anthem has been played that I stood with the same pose as him. It does not mean I am not patriotic. Then again if I were running for president I would put my hand over my heart just as the others did.

What does bother me about his patriotism is the fact he would pull the troops from Iraq and his wifes comment about for the first time in her life being proud to be an American. See for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sl2QifoSPM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Friday, February 22, 2008 1:06 PM

Friday, February 22, 2008 1:19 PM on j-body.org
Joey Baggs (JCE Designs) wrote:^^^gee, that website isnt pro-Obama at all

Well, what do you got?

---

Friday, February 22, 2008 1:39 PM on j-body.org
Wade Jarvis wrote:
What does bother me about his patriotism is the fact he would pull the troops from Iraq and his wifes comment about for the first time in her life being proud to be an American. See for yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Sl2QifoSPM

I like how that video cuts out the woman who was clearly there to rebute that guy. And what does pulling troops from Iraq have to do with Patriotism?

And is Barrack running or Michelle? BTW Michelle cleared her comments up in the Denver Post, but I bet you didn't bother to go looking for it. I did.

Wade Jarvis wrote:AGuSTiN

I do not know what you do not beleive about this. Call Sean Hanity and ask him afterall he interveiwed the guy.

I have the transscript right here:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,256078,00.html

I also the church's 10 points right here:

Quote:

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.

The Pastor as well as the membership of Trinity United Church of Christ is committed to a 10-point Vision:

1. A congregation committed to ADORATION.
2. A congregation preaching SALVATION.
3. A congregation actively seeking RECONCILIATION.
4. A congregation with a non-negotiable COMMITMENT TO AFRICA.
5. A congregation committed to BIBLICAL EDUCATION.
6. A congregation committed to CULTURAL EDUCATION.
7. A congregation committed to the HISTORICAL EDUCATION OF AFRICAN PEOPLE IN DIASPORA.
8. A congregation committed to LIBERATION.
9. A congregation committed to RESTORATION.
10. A congregation working towards ECONOMIC PARITY.

Sounds like the church is about self-reliance and self-help. I find it hard to believe white conservatives would have trouble with THAT.

Of course, I'm never surprised at what some conservatives believe and say anymore. Conservatives can't even believe it. That's why your voters tossed the partisan hacks to the side and chose moderate McCain. You'll understand someday.

---

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search