WHY post a topic in the War forum? - Politics and War Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WHY post a topic in the War forum?
Friday, February 22, 2008 3:53 PM on j-body.org
You won't change a damn thing anyway.

O noes!

Re: WHY post a topic in the War forum?
Friday, February 22, 2008 4:30 PM on j-body.org
to assert dominance, der

Friday, February 22, 2008 5:56 PM on j-body.org
To start an argument or a debate.

Friday, February 22, 2008 6:07 PM on j-body.org
because they can

Friday, February 22, 2008 11:54 PM on j-body.org
why did you?

Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:46 PM on j-body.org
Smokey wrote:You won't change a damn thing anyway.

yeah, you're right. you sure wont.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Saturday, February 23, 2008 2:37 PM on j-body.org
Changing things abruptly won't happen with a WF post.

You have to realise that you're not going to affect much all at once. The very, very best you're going to achieve here is to force people that haven't made up their minds about things to do so. The other thing you're going to likely do is inform about other issues. Other than that, you're going to either earn a reputation for thinking cogently, and proving your point, or making assinine assertions without really being able to back them up because you didn't read up about your own position.

Realistically, you're just learning about an issue, and trying to articulate what is happening with how you feel and think.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Monday, February 25, 2008 7:09 AM on j-body.org
OT?

Monday, February 25, 2008 8:43 AM on j-body.org

Where do you suppose we change the world?

And opinions have been changed in this forum. I've changed mine a few times thanks to some good arguments presented.

---

Monday, February 25, 2008 9:47 AM on j-body.org
AGuSTiN wrote:

And opinions have been changed in this forum. I've changed mine a few times thanks to some good arguments presented.

must agree.

Monday, February 25, 2008 11:15 AM on j-body.org
I changed mine about calling all illegal mexicans dumb.

If you're dumb, you're dumb and that's the end of it. if you add (Mexican or white or black or whatever, that is not right)

or calling a black man the N word because he doesn't have a job is wrong.
He's lazy and that's the end of it. There is no reason to call him the N word because he's lazy and doesn't have a job and he's black.

Monday, February 25, 2008 1:05 PM on j-body.org
^^^you needed a forum debate to figure that out?

im sorry

Monday, February 25, 2008 2:26 PM on j-body.org
Yes, I am very very very stupid

Monday, February 25, 2008 4:43 PM on j-body.org
and I also married the wrong woman, and got divorced and that also makes me stupid.
there are people out there who just don't like Mexicans or black people or white people, or any other different race.
if that's not true, then I'm even more stupid lol

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:31 AM on j-body.org
its very hard to believe your 27 and actually went to college. you have the mind of a 5th grader when it comes to culture and society. atleast your mom loves you.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 4:48 AM on j-body.org
it CAN be a good place to get informed on certain discussed topics. there are a lot of people on here who have A LOT of knowledge to share. a good discussion never hurts and can be beneficial to both parties. if you dont learn facts you could at least learn (if youre open minded) a little bit more about why some people believe/feel the way they do and that is interesting as well.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 3:30 PM on j-body.org
Godspeed, I agree.
but not everyone will tell us their believes and how they feel, they just call you stupid.
I guess is a quicker way to start an argument

Strippedcav, I agree.
I'm 27 years old, I was born June 20th of 1980 and 1980 is the year of the Monkey. (if you believe in that stuff)
I kind of do, and I don't. 50/50
Monkey personality traits
Charming, charismatic and extremely inventive, Monkey people are most noted for their intelligence and clever genius in working out difficult problems for themselves and others.
Cheerful and energetic by nature, they attract many friends with their magnetic personality and innate tact and diplomacy which may dissolve into condescension at times. They are impatient when it comes to getting their way, but their anger cools quickly.
Extremely curious and thirsty for knowledge, Monkeys are never happier than when absorbing facts and information, and possessed of a near photographic memory usually retain all they have learned. For this reason, their inventiveness in tackling thorny problems with the greatest of ease usually earns them well-deserved admiration and appreciation from business associates, friends and loved ones.
With their considerable talent and extraordinary originality, Monkeys may enjoy luck and in whatever career they choose, but usually excel as troubleshooters, scientists, researchers or inventors.
http://www.chiff.com/home_life/holiday/chinese-new-year-monkey.htm
I only went to 2 years for business management but it worked out pretty good.
http://www.pstcc.edu/
I received my review last week and I'm the best in my department (big fish in a small pond )
got my bonus $$$ and I'm a happy camper
but money is not my motivator, if you enjoy what you're doing then you should be successful. Money is for taxes, food, mortgage, ect...

Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:56 PM on j-body.org

people who are open minded and who can listen to others can have their mind changed. not only that its good to see how others feel on a subject. there is always more then one side to a story.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sndsgood/ https://www.facebook.com/#!/Square1Photography
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 8:52 PM on j-body.org
You can also drive people to distraction. So much so, that they might even grow to despise you so much, that you could create a benign tread titled "Electric stove Vs. Gas stoves" and they will come in guns blazing, just looking to argue with you and belittle your opinion.

You can also learn how the "other side" thinks and spins their stories. Its quite entertaining at times. Besides, everyone enjoys a good fight.

“Poor Al Gore. Global warming completely debunked via the very Internet you invented. Oh, oh, the irony!” -Jon Stewart
Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:26 AM on j-body.org
Robby002 wrote:Godspeed, I agree.
but not everyone will tell us their believes and how they feel, they just call you stupid.
I guess is a quicker way to start an argument

eh, your an idiot

jk buddy

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 6:52 AM on j-body.org
Gas Stoves...... FTW!!!!!!!

but seriously...... I love debates..... as long as it's between logical people (it's kinda hard to have a intelligent discussion with a person that has an IQ of 84)

People give me crap because I bring up strange topics that a lot of people consider "conspiracy theories" and what have you.... but that's my fault for not thinking about how people will respond before I type..... believe it or not.... I have an IQ of about 154, I'm just extremely strange and have a hard time thinking the same way as most other people...

But the point I'm trying to make is basically....... "NEVER STOP QUESTIONING"....... if that sounds familiar..... its a famous quote by Albert Einstein....

It's good for people too really look at things... try to figure them out... and question whats going on in their world...... too many people just like to blindly accept what going on around them..... Debating is a common way to do that.... You don't only see things from your point of view... but from others perspectives as well..... which makes you look at things from a different angle, which in turn makes you process the information your looking at in a different way.... and that can help you dig deeper into the subject at hand and give you the tools needed to better formulate an opinion and or to understand it better...

Just remember that everyone is usually wrong to a point.... and try to gather as much "truth" out of the equation as possible..... We will never be able to solve lives problems if we don't first question things.... and then try to figure them out..

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 8:45 AM on j-body.org
No answer is good enough unless it brings up at least one other question.

I think Carl Sagan wrote that.

As I said before, you're not going to change some people's minds, and if you're discussing things, you're at least getting the gears grinding in some people's minds... and that's worth it usually.

Transeat In Exemplum: Let this stand as the example.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 11:13 AM on j-body.org
Smokey, what do you want to change? give us something spesific. don't just walk away

Joey, that was funny LOL
Like hillary said, I wasn't making fun of Obama, I was just having fun because I never have time for fun."
"Ohhh....The grass will grow, the sky will turn blue, and people will live happy"
I can't remember how she said it last night.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008 1:38 PM on j-body.org
specific*

Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:15 AM on j-body.org
Had no real purpose. Nothing I want to change about anyone or anything, really.

O noes!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search